• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I believe it's an issue with the driver. It blue screened once, and now it refuses to boot and instead goes to the option to do a system repair. I would use the system repair disk, but I don't want to risk it messing up my Ubuntu and storage partitions.

The error displayed says something about not being able to reach the required hardware or something. Nothing hardware-wise is messed up because I can boot to grub and then Ubuntu with no difficulty whatsoever.
Hmm, that's tricky. If it think it's a hardware failure of some sort (even if it actually isn't one), system repair may not be able to fix it. If I were you, I'd definitely get a second opinion on this lol.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You could try getting a proxy like Ultrasurf, it'll let you get past all their silly web page blocks and whatnot. I used it while I was in highschool, was very effective in letting me play games during class.

So I guess I should complain about something, lol. I met this girl about a year ago in one of my digital art classes. We sat right next to each other, and we talked/flirted for about the enitre semester, although our sense of flirting was making sexual innuendos as much as possible. However, midway through the semester I added her on Facebook and found out she's in a relationship, and has been for a long time. So I'm still going crazy over this girl, and on the last day of the class I offer to go eat food at the cafeteria, then offered to come back to my dorm, which she agreed. One thing led to another, we wound up cuddling, and right as she's leaving we make out. So then summer rolls around, I'm now moved back home living 200 miles away from here, and we spend the entire summer flirting like crazy, meanwhile she and her boyfriend go on and off two or three times. August rolls around, and I'm hella excited to finally get to see her again, and literally a week before college starts, she gets engaged. This was literally out of nowhere, like they were broken up, then suddenly he's asking her to marry him, lol. So then we go through the fall semester, we get kinda distant, don't text/hang out as much, etc. Come January, she now lives on campus (literally can see her dorm when I walk outside). I invite her over randomly for help on some project. Once again, one thing leads to another and we wind up cuddling/making out. So now I'm thinking I've got another chance with her, and a week later she breaks up with her fiance. Now I try to talk to her again, try to hang out, etc. but now she seems to have a habit of ignoring my texts/avoid hanging out with me (she says she has her phone on silent now, but ehhhhh). Now I can obviously take a hint, but she's still sending me mixed signals. One day she'll barely make eye contact with me to say "Hi" before turning around to talk to a guy I think she likes, then the next day she'll be posting a "Truth is" thing on my Facebook wall saying she loves me to death and that we need to hang out more. I've also talked to my friends about this and they're equally confused by her mixed messages. Now she seems to spend almost every day with this one guy whom has physical features that I know she likes (long black hair, tattoos, piercings, etc.), and they regularly do movie marathons or something, so I'd hate to think what's going on there.

I guess the ****ty part is the fact that I've had my mind 100% set on this -taken- girl for an entire year, spent all this time waiting, and just wound up getting cast aside. Now I'm just trying to distance myself from her, which was not easy to do at first.

Edit: She told me this morning that now she's together with the guy I mentioned above. So I guess that's that lol
You could try getting a proxy like Ultrasurf, it'll let you get past all their silly web page blocks and whatnot. I used it while I was in highschool, was very effective in letting me play games during class.

So I guess I should complain about something, lol. I met this girl about a year ago in one of my digital art classes. We sat right next to each other, and we talked/flirted for about the enitre semester, although our sense of flirting was making sexual innuendos as much as possible. However, midway through the semester I added her on Facebook and found out she's in a relationship, and has been for a long time. So I'm still going crazy over this girl, and on the last day of the class I offer to go eat food at the cafeteria, then offered to come back to my dorm, which she agreed. One thing led to another, we wound up cuddling, and right as she's leaving we make out. So then summer rolls around, I'm now moved back home living 200 miles away from here, and we spend the entire summer flirting like crazy, meanwhile she and her boyfriend go on and off two or three times. August rolls around, and I'm hella excited to finally get to see her again, and literally a week before college starts, she gets engaged. This was literally out of nowhere, like they were broken up, then suddenly he's asking her to marry him, lol. So then we go through the fall semester, we get kinda distant, don't text/hang out as much, etc. Come January, she now lives on campus (literally can see her dorm when I walk outside). I invite her over randomly for help on some project. Once again, one thing leads to another and we wind up cuddling/making out. So now I'm thinking I've got another chance with her, and a week later she breaks up with her fiance. Now I try to talk to her again, try to hang out, etc. but now she seems to have a habit of ignoring my texts/avoid hanging out with me (she says she has her phone on silent now, but ehhhhh). Now I can obviously take a hint, but she's still sending me mixed signals. One day she'll barely make eye contact with me to say "Hi" before turning around to talk to a guy I think she likes, then the next day she'll be posting a "Truth is" thing on my Facebook wall saying she loves me to death and that we need to hang out more. I've also talked to my friends about this and they're equally confused by her mixed messages. Now she seems to spend almost every day with this one guy whom has physical features that I know she likes (long black hair, tattoos, piercings, etc.), and they regularly do movie marathons or something, so I'd hate to think what's going on there.

I guess the ****ty part is the fact that I've had my mind 100% set on this -taken- girl for an entire year, spent all this time waiting, and just wound up getting cast aside. Now I'm just trying to distance myself from her, which was not easy to do at first.

Edit: She told me this morning that now she's together with the guy I mentioned above. So I guess that's that lol
Dude you ****ing rock! Thanks for telling me about this. So far it seems to work perfectly.

As for the girl did she tell you in no absolute terms that she won't be with you? It sounds to me like she has fooled around with you even when she was in a relationship so it seems reasonable that she may continue to do so. If you're not afraid of loosing her friendship then my advice to you would be to get her over to your room again under the guise of a project and see if she will reject your advances in person.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Dude you ****ing rock! Thanks for telling me about this. So far it seems to work perfectly.

As for the girl did she tell you in no absolute terms that she won't be with you? It sounds to me like she has fooled around with you even when she was in a relationship so it seems reasonable that she may continue to do so. If you're not afraid of loosing her friendship then my advice to you would be to get her over to your room again under the guise of a project and see if she will reject your advances in person.
Glad I could help! It's super convenient cause you can just throw it on a flashdrive and use it whenever, haha.

And I've made moves on her before, more often than not she rejects them. A month ago was the first time she hadn't turned it down in a very long time. But we talked yesterday and she's made it perfectly clear now that she wants to be more faithful with this guy and just wants us to be friends, which is whatever lol.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Hmm, that's tricky. If it think it's a hardware failure of some sort (even if it actually isn't one), system repair may not be able to fix it. If I were you, I'd definitely get a second opinion on this lol.
Yeaaaah. Ubuntu boots fine so it's not a literal hardware issue. I tried playing around with Bios settings and that didn't work at all.

Vashimus

Smash Master

Just a word of advice that'll save you heartache in the future:

If a girl is flirting with you like crazy, chances are she doesn't like you like that.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Just a word of advice that'll save you heartache in the future:

If a girl is flirting with you like crazy, chances are she doesn't like you like that.
I suppose in most instances that's true, but in this instance I feel it was more of miscommunication if anything, lol. Over the course of the summer, our flirting gradually got more and more, let's say, extravagant, which was more or less my fault. She told me how she's into a lot of kinky ****, so I guess I subconsciously thought if I flirted with her sexually, I would win her over. In the end, she told me she thought I was wanting a friends with benefits kind of deal, instead of me wanting a relationship. After she got engaged, I spilled the beans, and she said she didn't realise how crazy I was for her.

Obviously there's the possiblity of her not being completely honest, as is usually the case when someone you talk to suddenly opens up to you and says how they feel about you. But I feel in this case she was honest for the most part, as I can see this from her point of view. There's just a serious problem with communication between us, it seems, especially as of late.

Last edited:

Fluid_Drip

Smash Cadet
i just moved to denver colorado and i dont know anyone, i wrecked my truck on the move up and wont get my license in like a week, may be even longer till i even get a car, i joined this site to maybe meet people around here to play smash with but that doesnt seem possible, im just unhappy cause i have no control over how long im going to be this damn lonely

tumblr_mbqikbxoIx1qfy2kdo1_r1_500.gif

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I have an extreme crush on someone, and I think something really great might happen if I work towards the relationship.

However, I just broke up with someone a couple weeks ago and I think she'll be super jealous... might not end well.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
im sorry for your loss gunnar
you and your family will be in my thoughts
if you need an ear, lemme know

---

Jon, i hope all goes well : o relationships 2 crazy

i hope everything works out

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
i have no clue how to use the unreal engine correctly and i am so very angry at level design :I NOT ABOUT THIS LIFE

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
unreal is EVIL JUST PURE EVILLLL

(nah, udk is actually pretty cool

...but im a concept artist.....so level design isnt my specialty)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Had you asked me a year ago I would have told you it was impossible, but I spent 6 months without a home computer. And now that I'm on day 2 of having my own computer again (with access to decent internet) I'm a bit concerned I may fall back into old habits. Particularly not eating right, I didn't make myself any dinner tonight or breakfast for tomorrow cuz I was spending so much damn time on my computer. I have been really proud with my eating discipline as of late so I just have to take great care not to **** that up.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I can hear the rats in the ceiling. I really need to get out of this place.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made 3 orders off Amazon in a period of 2 days

It's been a week and none of those 3 orders shipped.

One of them was suppose to arrive today, but it hasn't even shipped yet

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I feel so sad these days. Haven't been really happy in months.

Never smile unless I have to fake one at my Sales job.

My friends rarely ever talk or hang out with me because they are always smoking weed, and since I don't like weed, I guess that makes me "un fun".

Things are always out of my power, various cancelled events, etc. Two different people I plan to meet have relatives go to the hospital the day of? Great odds!

My one of two close friend left that still accept me cause I don't smoke weed is leaving for the army soon for 5 years, may not come back.

My other friend and also love interest who is a girl is about the sweetest person I've ever met, spends most of her time with her bf.

My other old love interest and friend who I thought was getting close with stopped talking to me and seeing me after I moved because I'm "not in walking distance" anymore.

Despite my developed body from working out 6 days a week I haven't heard a single compliment asides from my mom once in years.

I've spent the last 5 months laying on my couch on weekends reading book after book and scrolling the Internet on my phone because I'm far too poor to buy a laptop.

I still miss my dog.

My mom and step dad fight at least 1-2 times a week.

I haven't seen my brother in 3 weeks and rarely do as he spends 24/7 with his gf and doesn't give a damn about me, only making a brief cameo once in a while for 10 seconds. Not to mention I feel a major inferiority complex to him with his beautiful gf, higher paying job, charisma, even better body, the one thing I feel I still have over others.

Wishing I could have one fun day anytime soon.

Still can't buy a car.

Renounced my religion after 15 years realizing God doesn't exist.

The whole "kids in Africa can't eat, feel better" rebuttle I hear people get told to make them feel lucky...no. Makes me feel worse that people suffer more than me.

Living still with life long tinnitus at my early 20s.

Here's a big one: I SEVERELY miss my childhood. My childhood was so flawless and perfect that nothing in my life will ever compare to those 10 years again...

Lonely, sad, out of loop.

"I don't want to survive, I want to live."

Here's hoping UNIVERSITY in May will help keep me busy enough to lock myself away and ignore the world around me, as they continue to do to me...

Sorry for the ramble. I basically listed everything that makes me sad these days. I probably missed some things.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I feel like rambling.
--------------------------
I don't think I've been content with myself in years. I always pretend I am in public but it all feels fake.

I've had a short temper with people lately. I almost beat up somebody yesterday. That could have been terrible.

I'm lazy and have zero motivation to do anything about it. This especially affects my dental hygiene, which is almost impossible to fix at this point.

My teachers hate me (junior in high school, btw.)

I over-think everything, question what reality really is and never end up with a solid conclusion. I always get stuck in some depressing logic loop along the lines of "we're all going to die anyway." followed by "what's the point of life when there's possibly an afterlife? If I believe there's an afterlife, will I not live life to the fullest?" I can't ever think straight about this ****.

I have back problems. I need a ****ing back brace (I'm 6'2" and I slouch.)

My parents compare me to my siblings and continually ask "why don't you have a car or a job?" when I can get neither of those things without their help.

I'm good at a lot of things (flash animation, game maker, music composition) but don't know what to do with my life.

I have nightmares about what it'd be like to be in a coma or in some other incapacitated state (such as death.)

I try to play saxophone well in band and always end up dead last in chair placements, right next to the mentally challenged kid. What makes me feel even worse is that I know I have more musical talent then the rest of the section (I compose music at home and stuff) but the director picks favorites.

My step-siblings live at my house every other week, and I ****ing hate them. They're rude to my parents on a daily basis. No child has any right to diss the people who feed and shelter them. Their dad fails to recognize this and subsequently spoils them. The worst part is that I'm blamed for whatever they do wrong. Whenever it's clearly their fault, it's "everyone's fault" because they're apparently perfect (however their ACT scores beg to differ.)
--------------------------
Man, that rant made me feel awful. I don't want to go to school tomorrow...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
nothing means anything and life has no particular point. instead of despairing, take comfort in that and strive for what makes you happy and brings you to enjoy this experience. wondering what life means and what may or may not happen after you die is an unknowable concept, so why even bother with it? i know this doesn't fix anything in your personal life, but worrying over what-ifs is not worth anything

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm hearing silver wear in the room behind. Someone must have moved in.I really need to move out of this rooming house. I was going to wait until July but I don't think I can bear to wait that long anymore.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
nothing means anything and life has no particular point. instead of despairing, take comfort in that and strive for what makes you happy and brings you to enjoy this experience. wondering what life means and what may or may not happen after you die is an unknowable concept, so why even bother with it? i know this doesn't fix anything in your personal life, but worrying over what-ifs is not worth anything
Because. Building up a life is harder than despairing over not having one.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Bad college roommate story:
  • He tells me straight up he does a lot of things including smoke weed and drink beer.
  • I don't do either. But whatever. Doesn't affect me as long as it's not done where I sleep in.
  • He asks if he can keep beer in here. I say no. He says okay.
  • Does so anyway. Also keeps the room extremely dirty and invites his asshole friends over a lot.
  • He gets mad when I get pissed off and tell the RA's.
  • RA makes us sign roommate agreement.
  • In less than a week, breaks many parts of the roommate agreement.
  • I ask him how long ago he stole my juice from the fridge.
  • He replies: "Dawg why you even talking to me You ****ing called the ra's on me"
  • I respect his wishes and didn't reply. Besides, I'm afraid for my stuff and my health and I didn't want to provoke him any further to break my things or beat me up. (I can't fight.)
  • He texts minutes later: "That's what I thought."
:I Forgive me for wanting you to respect my boundaries.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Bad college roommate story:
  • He tells me straight up he does a lot of things including smoke weed and drink beer.
  • I don't do either. But whatever. Doesn't affect me as long as it's not done where I sleep in.
  • He asks if he can keep beer in here. I say no. He says okay.
  • Does so anyway. Also keeps the room extremely dirty and invites his ******* friends over a lot.
  • He gets mad when I get pissed off and tell the RA's.
  • RA makes us sign roommate agreement.
  • In less than a week, breaks many parts of the roommate agreement.
  • I ask him how long ago he stole my juice from the fridge.
  • He replies: "Dawg why you even talking to me You ****ing called the ra's on me"
  • I respect his wishes and didn't reply. Besides, I'm afraid for my stuff and my health and I didn't want to provoke him any further to break my things or beat me up. (I can't fight.)
  • He texts minutes later: "That's what I thought."
:I Forgive me for wanting you to respect my boundaries.
Tell the RAs that he broke the roommate agreement. Basically keep complaining to the school until he gets scared about it.

I had a similar experience in college. My roommate invited his girlfriend to live with us (live as in move in: suitcases and everything) after two weeks had enough so i went to the RA director. He didn't really do anything but when I confronted my roommate about it he got pissed of about it and esentially started being a **** to me. At one point even psychically threaten me to leave the room so he could have sex with his girlfriend. Things got a boiling point when he left for a weekend and I throw his shoes in the dumpster a block away. He called the RA director on me who basically said I was wrong for throwing away his shoes away and he was wrong for having his girlfriend live here (A whole lot of **** inbetween they missed), we were both told we'd be asked to meet before the school board but that never happened, instead they found him another room and I had the place to myself for the rest of the semester :D.

The point of the story is don't let him walk all over you. Keep in mind that if he hits you his ass is likely to get throw out of the university. Stand up for yourself man.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Me and my girlfriend went to go see some indie movie tonight. Apparently "midnight screening" actually meant 10:30.
Needless to say, we missed it.
:(

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
My best childhood friend's sister died this morning. It's a really weird feeling, especially since I've known her for the past 13 years.

Edit: and now just found out that my grandpa also died today at 86. He was in bad shape for a while, so I am relieved he's out of misery at least.. Just feel really bad for his wife, they were married for 66 years, don't know how someone can go on after losing that. Just wondering what other bull**** is gonna happen today.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Me and my girlfriend went to go see some indie movie tonight. Apparently "midnight screening" actually meant 10:30.
Needless to say, we missed it.
:(
Oh you're a lesbian. You know that actually explains a lot.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am so sick of my ****ing beard

edit: I'm really surprised at how easily that shaved off.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
school is pulling some major crap that could delay my graduation

i will not let that happen

and this week has just been tiring. for all the good things that have happened, stupid crap has happened too. got catcalled on the street twice in a day (one time the guy physically put himself in front of me when i tried to walk away.....wanted to punch him SO BAD), 'friend' is pulling stupid stuff and being manipulative and rude, i have annoyances in my classes, and now this school stuff.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So my roommate is in a Greek club here, which today hosted a small event, kind of a get-together thing, where they just had a handful of video games to play, including Brawl. My roommate invited me, so I brought my controller and just played random against whoever was playing (they did weird stuff like 5 stocks lol). After about an hour my roommate comes up to me with some other member, and my roommate says that this is actually supposed to be a Greek-only event, and that someone complained about me being there since I'm not a Greek member. So I just said whatever and was out of there in literally 10 seconds, didn't even look at the guy my roommate had brought with him lol.

While this doesn't offend me or have any sort of impact on me personally, I just find it hilarious yet mind-numbingly frustrating how a group that's always looking to recruit new members would be so quick to kick a potential-new-brother out of their for-fun event. If they were like serving free food and I was taking it, or if I was making a huge disturbance, then that would seem reasonable. But they told me to leave, without even asking something like "Hey, are you interested in joining the group?" They didn't even have the audacity to come say it to my face lol.

But whatever. This doesn't matter to me, it just gives me a headache about how stupid some people manage things around here.

Edit: turns out there was just one girl there ******** about me being there, and apparently me leaving caused a bit of an uproar, as this issue is now going to some higher ups in the group for it being not-Greek to kick me out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom