• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That's all you can do at this point. Just keep trying. If you have nothing on your resume/nothing recent you should apply anywhere, no matter how crappy the place may seem. Anything is better than nothing. Where I work, we have a 27 intern who was so pleased to get the position, even though he's unpaid.
Yeah, I'm working part-time at a Gap Outlet, and they have only been giving me 4.5-9 hours a week for the last month. I'm also with some temp agencies, but they give me a job once every few months that lasts up to a week-ish not counting Christmas season. Maybe once I save enough money, I could try moving down to Southern California where there are more internships within the field I'm interested in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm extremely stressed and I feel apathetic about everything in life

Apparently the rise of apathy is one of the signs your sliding toward depression

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It dawned on me today that I feel very lonely. I find it amazing that this has happened since it was only about 2 and half weeks ago that I was so happy and proud about how connected I felt with my friends.

A friend on mine who I got really close to is hardly on facebook anymore and has moved over to Watsapp (which I don't have). Another friend of mine just got a 12 hour a day job so she really doesn't have time to talk to me. Another friend I'm moving away from because more and more it seems that she only makes time to talk to me when she wants money. Another friend of mine seems to be distancing herself from me because she thinks I'm into her (which I am not! Its something I'm going to have to clear up with her) Another friend of mine isn't speaking to me, and I've come to realize that her presence in my life is toxic and she is borderline crazy (she was institutionalized in a mental health hospital and placed into intensive therapy last year and its my opinion that she needs to go back there). The girl who I've developed a romantic relationship is overbearing and I hardly feel connected with her anymore, her clingyness is pushing me away and ironically the more we speak is the more disconnected I feel from her. Lastly another friend of mine who has been there for me lately, didn't have time to talk to me today because she had to study for exams. Its all just exasperating!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Due to not really having a job outside of a part-time retail job which has only been giving me one shift a week, my mom has been complaining about my situation. She wants me to go to grad school since I don't have a job, but she tells me that I would have to pick a field she would be fine with. That would mean I'm not allowed to pick Film and Media Studies. The problem with her expectations is that she wants me to pursue Business/Economics or Computer Sciences...or other similar fields which would require me to have taken upper division classes of said courses while I was an undergrad student. And since she expects me to pay for it on my own with loans, I think it would be a terrible idea to apply for grad school with no direction. She basically thinks I'm a failure because it's been a year since I graduated with a bachelors and still don't have a job or an idea for grad school. She compares me to other people she knows of, and asks if all my friends have jobs. Even if I know of people who still don't have full-time jobs or go to grad school, she still makes the assumption that all my friends are well off with a good job or at grad school. She wants me to have a job or go to school so that she can stop having to support me. While I'd be more than happy to support myself, circumstances don't really allow me to.

Also, last month my brother's car got in an accident, and we had to get rid of it. This week, my cousin who lives with us also got into a small accident and needs his car fixed. Today, our family van which my brother now uses has been a victim of a hit-and-run. Insurance will probably cost a lot more...I need to figure out what I should do to be self-reliant...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It dawned on me today that I feel very lonely. I find it amazing that this has happened since it was only about 2 and half weeks ago that I was so happy and proud about how connected I felt with my friends.

A friend on mine who I got really close to is hardly on facebook anymore and has moved over to Watsapp (which I don't have). Another friend of mine just got a 12 hour a day job so she really doesn't have time to talk to me. Another friend I'm moving away from because more and more it seems that she only makes time to talk to me when she wants money. Another friend of mine seems to be distancing herself from me because she thinks I'm into her (which I am not! Its something I'm going to have to clear up with her) Another friend of mine isn't speaking to me, and I've come to realize that her presence in my life is toxic and she is borderline crazy (she was institutionalized in a mental health hospital and placed into intensive therapy last year and its my opinion that she needs to go back there). The girl who I've developed a romantic relationship is overbearing and I hardly feel connected with her anymore, her clingyness is pushing me away and ironically the more we speak is the more disconnected I feel from her. Lastly another friend of mine who has been there for me lately, didn't have time to talk to me today because she had to study for exams. Its all just exasperating!
Are ALL you're friends female?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@ MewtwoMaster2002 MewtwoMaster2002
That's the economy though. Either you make more money or you concede to your parents who are giving you lodging. This is capitalism at it's finest. Oblige the will of your parents to have you pursue a career in something they believe will make a return and in return for giving up your free will you get more basic provisions like food and a home. Everything you learned in college is meaningless if no one finds it valuable to compensate your knowledge in terms of cash. You would think that someone who graduates from college would know that they can't keep on working as a cashier, especially when inflation and other factors are constantly on the rise. Kids who sell crack, cocaine, ect. didn't want to be in that position. Same with the whores who sell themselves to the filthy men who want a pass at them. Your parents are the equivalent of your pimp, dealer, drug baron who are enslaving your future choice to their whim. You can't keep feeding off them and expecting that they won't expect something in exchange. Either you stand tall or you follow their direction with your tail between your legs. Either way, it isn't a one-way street. If it was, then I'd doubt you'd feel perplexed by this simple situation.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a feeling how paranoid/ freaked out I am for the last few days is because of how little sleep I've been getting

But I've been getting very few sleep because I'm paranoid/ freaked out

Or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just a week ago I was filled with passion about my art and love for the world around me

Can you just spontaneously sink into depression?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Are ALL you're friends female?
Yeah pretty much. Its just always been easier for me to bond with girls. I'm realizing how complicated having female friends is now so I'm trying to correct this but it isn't so easy. Guys are less needy and therefore are harder to form friendships with, to some degree this applies to me as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah pretty much. Its just always been easier for me to bond with girls. I'm realizing how complicated having female friends is now so I'm trying to correct this but it isn't so easy. Guys are less needy and therefore are harder to form friendships with, to some degree this applies to me as well.
You think people that are needy are easier to form friendships with?

I think it's easier when they are chill and you don't need to do anything to appease them

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You think people that are needy are easier to form friendships with?

I think it's easier when they are chill and you don't need to do anything to appease them
Well no. Its easier to be friends with them, but its harder to develop a friendship with them because they're just not as interested, they are more likely to be less responsive and less interested in just talking. Thinking about it now I suppose another problem I have is that I don't really like to "hang out", or be in groups, or clubbing or a lot of 'guy' things to do.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well no. Its easier to be friends with them, but its harder to develop a friendship with them because they're just not as interested, they are more likely to be less responsive and less interested in just talking. Thinking about it now I suppose another problem I have is that I don't really like to "hang out", or be in groups, or clubbing or a lot of 'guy' things to do.
Yeah, I could relate to you with that. It was much easier to just talk with girls than with guys while I was still at school. I did do stuff with other guys like watch movies/shows and play games, but I found myself having deeper conversations with girls than guys...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel like my life ended the second I got the job I have now

For the longest time I felt as though time stopped the second I got that job. Seconds, minutes, hours passed by with no real memory of what happened.

And I still do

But at the same time I NOW feel as if I have had it forever.

I have made almost no new memories since I got this job because every day is exactly the same.

People have told me this is what the rest of your life feels like.

I really don't think I CAN live like this. I refuse to.

T

Trick or Treat

My teenage, err, "young adult" angst is reaching an all-time high and I hate everything and everyone, including myself, right now. Maybe I'm just PMS'ing and having a really horrible week but yeah **** the world right now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, I REALLY hate Electrical and Electronics. Most of the stuff just goes over my head.

And I didn't do so hot in the test either.

D

Deleted member

I've hit quite the rough patch lately. I've been at odds with my GF as of recent, I'm starting to run into financial difficulties from vet bills and car payments, and it's a struggle to earn enough to pay for food, electricity, water, etc., and there's been a lot of trouble at home recently too. It's causing me to lose a lot of sleep and I've been having a hard time even getting through the day because of it.

The fact that I've been seeing some really ****ed up **** at my job doesn't help either (EMT-I/99 if you're curious), one of said things that I'd rather not talk about I've even had nightmares about, in the few hours of sleep I actually manage to get.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So I got a summer temp job, same one I had last year, which is a seal-production factory. Happy news is that now I have some income for the summer, unhappy news is it's 3rd shift (as of right now).

Honestly, I do prefer 3rd shift to an extent since it's cooler in the factory, and it's easier to fit it around my sleep schedule. But it still leaves me pretty drained, although it could be much worse. I also don't get to talk to my girl as much, so nights like tonight are pretty boring.

Still, beats working 2nd shift with 80 degree weather and having to work during the 8 hottest hours of the day.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
When things bother me I realize how I don't have any friends to tell my problems to and then the feeling of loneliness just washes over me repeatedly. Really beats me down. Not sure how you can want something so bad on the inside but are too afraid to go for it. Sometimes I take pride in the fact that I'm "alone" and that I deal with my problems without ever expressing them towards anyone but there are times when I do something I'm proud of or want to say to someone, "HEY! I feel like **** right now!" and I just...don't. And if I do people just are like 'ok' or 'sorry to hear that.' On a certain level I feel like it'd be bothering people with petty problems or that I'm looking for attention. Guess I would just really like someone that talked to me in a genuine manner and cared.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
When things bother me I realize how I don't have any friends to tell my problems to and then the feeling of loneliness just washes over me repeatedly. Really beats me down. Not sure how you can want something so bad on the inside but are too afraid to go for it. Sometimes I take pride in the fact that I'm "alone" and that I deal with my problems without ever expressing them towards anyone but there are times when I do something I'm proud of or want to say to someone, "HEY! I feel like **** right now!" and I just...don't. And if I do people just are like 'ok' or 'sorry to hear that.' On a certain level I feel like it'd be bothering people with petty problems or that I'm looking for attention. Guess I would just really like someone that talked to me in a genuine manner and cared.
That type of friend is very rare, not that it'll make you feel any better.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
That type of friend is very rare, not that it'll make you feel any better.
I think that kind of friendship is really something you can only form in high school imo. Its also dependent upon what culture you're raised in as well.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think that kind of friendship is really something you can only form in high school imo. Its also dependent upon what culture you're raised in as well.
Not necessarily, my mother formed such friendships with some of the mothers of my friends, finding and keeping the right friends takes a lot of work and that's usually why people fall short, they don't think friendship should require much practice effort.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I couldn't form close enough friendships in high school, but I made some close friends during college. Still, after college, it seemed like not very many people make an effort to talk to me while I happen to attempt to communicate with them...

Edit (5/15/14): So I got a phone interview for an office assistant position for a company relating to my field of study. Afterwards I told my parents about it. I told them that I was asked what my expected wage was, and I answered "at least minimum wage." Parents got mad saying I totally messed up and will probably not get a call back. Alright, I messed up and I shall learn from it. However, my parents keep coming back to me to repeat why I messed up and how I need to change. My dad said I'm too conservative and should aim higher because that's what employers want. That makes sense. My mom keeps telling me that I'm stupid. Since I've been home, there were plenty of occasions where she asked how I went from being smart in high school to being dumb. She also tells me that I never had a girlfriend because I'm stupid, and no girl will ever date a stupid person. My argument would be that getting good grades in high school is a different type of smart than doing well in the real world and knowing how to do well in interviews. Also, the reason I haven't had a girlfriend yet is because I haven't bothered dating anyone, plus I don't really know anyone well enough in my area to want to date anyone right now. Of course, I never argue back because she would just tell me that I'm stubborn.

She also asks why I don't see a doctor about my dry lips because apparently dry lips will scare interviewers and prevent me from getting hired as a result. I was always under the assumption that people are hired for their skills and qualifications, not the condition of their lips. I would very much like to move away, but I don't really have the means at the moment...

Last edited:

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I've been pretty distressed lately. . . Feeling sad, having anxiety, etc. It's not as if this is something new to me, because it's not. . . You could say it's a regular thing. I suppose it just has to do with my personal being and life. -sigh- Well, in about an hour or so, I'm going to be leaving to do some training. Even if it's just temporary, that at least should take my mind off of things for a couple of hours.

I hope everyone else has been doing alright with their situations themselves. Even if not, I'd like to believe that there is sympathy to be shared amongst us here, so try to hang in there.

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
be careful not to stress yourself out too much!!!
keep doing stuff to bring down stress levels.

or you'll end up like me

i am physically sick from stress thank you based school

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If school can make u physically sick.... Then u have a really poor brain....
Webmd.com

• Forty-three percent of all adults suffer adverse health effects from stress.
  • Seventy-five percent to 90% of all doctor's office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints.
  • Stress can play a part in problems such as headaches, high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, skin conditions, asthma, arthritis, depression, and anxiety.
  • The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) declared stress a hazard of the workplace. Stress costs American industry more than $300 billion annually.
  • The lifetime prevalence of an emotional disorder is more than 50%, often due to chronic, untreated stress reactions.
Stress is extremely common ESPECIALLY among those that work/attend school. Next time I suggest you do some basic research before making an ass of yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom