• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hopefully Google Fiber expands by then....its better than standard internet service anyway
Hopefully internet replaces traditional television, which is limited to 1080i broadcasting sans some 1080p PPV's.

2K is here and will be the standard soon, and 4K isn't far off. By 2018, we'll likely be well into the 4K era onward. Hopefully that pushes TV to become a internet feature, and for channels to be bought individually without need for these in between dealers like DirecTV or Comcast, although they could still be around, much like how you can buy Steam games off of Steam, sometimes for cheaper than on Steam.

If we keep internet neutrality, and these companies compete, we win.

But, as always, the corporations fight to keep making tons of money now instead of adjusting to the consumers' wishes and making good money continually.

That's what makes me freaking beyond unhappy, but outraged!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My little brother is self centered, overly sensitive little ***** and it's sickening. All he does is sit on his ass playing computer games all day without a care for anyone else's feelings and hides behind our mom like the little ***** he is whenever I call him out on it.

Can't wait until the day I'm finally out of this house.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When testing my back injury, the doctor grabbed my ass and asked if it hurt

...said there was some kind of nerve there

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
My kinda thread!

I'm tired of my friends wanting to do the same exact thing every week. Go to the same house party, with the same people and just play flippy cup until its time to go home. It's beyond boring at this point but they seem to feel they've reached the pinnacle of excitement with it. I really just can't wait to move away from here.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
My kinda thread!

I'm tired of my friends wanting to do the same exact thing every week. Go to the same house party, with the same people and just play flippy cup until its time to go home. It's beyond boring at this point but they seem to feel they've reached the pinnacle of excitement with it. I really just can't wait to move away from here.
I can relate to this so much. I always did the same stuff every week with the same people at the same place. While nice, I always tried to mix it up. Some friends were afraid of change. But when I moved out a year ago it's been great and social gatherings are a real treat. Because you don't get to have them every week because of work.

Which brings me to this thread.
I haven't been out in a long time because work kicks my ass. But it might change this weekend ;)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm in some crazy feedback loop of school and boredom (with a hint of league of legends)

im at the point in my school career where school is basically winding down and now I have to prepare for graduation
but i feel like ive done nothing....i never really have time or interest in partying.....and i spend most of my time nowadays stuck in my room (it's too cold to leave the house)

im not completely unhappy
just bored and stressed i think

weather needs to get nice so i can go visit friends and explore the city

and hey...at least i have fun things coming up in the near future. going home and seeing my boyfriend on valentines day (i think this is the first valentines day we have spent together and we have been dating for 4 years haha), visiting a friend and going to a tournament later in feb, going to Game Developers Conference in March, etc etc....so that's cool

downside to valentines day though? i have a minor surgery planned for the day.....i get to have my leg cut into to remove a mole that was abnormal/worried my dermatologist. so a romantic night might just be turned into chinese food and game of thrones marathon. but hey, im okay with that.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
If you've visited the happy thread in the past few months, you've probably seen mention of this amazing girl that I have met and how happy I was to be dating her.

Now we're back in school - we both go to Macalester College. While I only live about 50 yards away from her, her schedule is a difficult one. With French, Cell Biology, Intro to Chemistry II, and a religious studies course, it has been hard for us to arrange meetings and just hang out like we did during break.

It's sad knowing that I'm so close to her, yet so far away at the same time. What's worse is that my course-load is significantly less than last semester. I have much time - too much time really. And time certainly has proved to become an enemy; I can't help but just think and think about her and about us. I have no real reason to think about all the terrible things that I am: us breaking up, her disinterest in me, etc, because our relationship is going well. Besides me hardly seeing her, we don't really fight, and I can honestly say that she makes me really happy.

So I've resorted to burying myself in work, but this has become rather ineffective since my course-load is fairly small - maybe about 2-3 hours of homework a day. How do I turn off my brain? Why am I so insecure?

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Gunnar, it's perfectly natural to feel insecurities. and it really does suck : /
if your relationship is going well, keep confident in that fact. no matter how many insecurities may bug you, just remember that she cares about you and that if you two work for it, times will get better (literally, her schedule cant keep her overworked forever....its bad to do that to yourself. trust me!)

stay strong and try your best to find chances to meet up with her or talk with her (Even if it is via technology). chances are, it will also help her get through a busy schedule!

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Gunnar, it's perfectly natural to feel insecurities. and it really does suck : /
if your relationship is going well, keep confident in that fact. no matter how many insecurities may bug you, just remember that she cares about you and that if you two work for it, times will get better (literally, her schedule cant keep her overworked forever....its bad to do that to yourself. trust me!)

stay strong and try your best to find chances to meet up with her or talk with her (Even if it is via technology). chances are, it will also help her get through a busy schedule!
Thank you a lot for this comment; I really appreciate it. I went for a walk earlier and calmed myself down. I'm doing much better now, but this certainly helped. I have no intentions of breaking it off, because I really do love her. We've only been dating around a month, so I haven't told her yet. But she does know that I care for her. A lot. Thanks again.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
no problem c:
i wish you two all of the best and i hope the semester goes well for both of you : D kick school butt!~

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm at library computer in between some really smelly and loud people. I really hate that there seems to be more people at the library lately.

Dorizzle

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4227-2265-7992
I've liked this girl for quite a long time (5 years) ever since elementary and never having the shot to be with her. We were really close and kinda still are but its complicated and at one point had a thing but it was short-lived. It sucks knowing you will never have a chance again.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ugh, we seem to have an intelligent librarian at the computer desk today. I may not be able to use my usual trick to get more time on the computer.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you were filling out a form, and without reading you came to a spot that looked like this: (____)_____________

What would you put?

If you answered ANYTHING but your phone number, than congratulations, you are probably one of my customers

There is only 4 lines, 3 information I need. Name, Address, Phone Number

How do people mess that up?

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Read. Do SOMETHING. I have too much time, and it's terrible. All I do is sit around and think about terrible things.
I scouted through Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up some books, yeah.
But still, work is (for some reason) telling me I don't have to come in. I get a salary so it would be cool, if I had anything to do.
I hope I can get some more free time when Lighting Returns comes out...

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have really miscalculated.

I had thought I had at least a month left at my job, but unless the contract is updated I have only two weeks. left. If the math works out the way it's supposed to then tomorrow my supervisor should pull me aside and explain to me contract is going to be terminated in 2 weeks. I just don't know what I am going to do.

Last edited:

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Sorry to hear about that, Froggy. I bet you'll figure it out!

My girlfriend and I are having problems. We have different beliefs, preferences, tastes, etc. Unless she changes her attitude about certain things, I can't see myself marrying her in the future. We've had a talk and have decided to keep dating, but I'm not sure how long it's going to last.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

I'm not necessarily unhappy, at the moment, I feel like my life is going downhill. I've taken a year off of college because stupid distractions caused me to fail my first year, and now all I do is work, smoke, and hang out with friends, with the occasional video game/TV time. Which right now isn't so bad, but if I don't pick up my life soon and get back on track, I'm worried about how things will go in the future.

Not to mention, I've made a few mistakes at work recently, so hopefully that won't be a recurring issue.

Sorry to hear about that, Froggy. I bet you'll figure it out!

My girlfriend and I are having problems. We have different beliefs, preferences, tastes, etc. Unless she changes her attitude about certain things, I can't see myself marrying her in the future. We've had a talk and have decided to keep dating, but I'm not sure how long it's going to last.
Unless it's something really huge, or just way too many differences, you shouldn't let that get in the way, if you still love each other. Everyone is going to have their differences, and that's part of what makes relationships work. If you both felt the same about everything, it usually leads to a dull and unsatisfying relationship. You can't date yourself.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I don't even put any interest into relationships, they're a waste of time in my opinion... not sure if that's surprising or not but most people my age seem to care about having bfs/gfs 24/7 and it kinda makes me feel down being an outcast in a way. I'm 15, btw. Sooo another valentine's day alone but hey what does it even matter ya know?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I don't even put any interest into relationships, they're a waste of time in my opinion... not sure if that's surprising or not but most people my age seem to care about having bfs/gfs 24/7 and it kinda makes me feel down being an outcast in a way. I'm 15, btw. Sooo another valentine's day alone but hey what does it even matter ya know?
I used to be just like you. It's not worth dating while you're young. But when you find someone special, relationships take on a whole new meaning.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Honestly, dont feel like an outcast. focus on you. mature a bit. if you ever do change your mind about relationships, you will find time when you are good and ready.
so yeah, right now, doesnt matter. rock on, and celebrate valentines day by buying yourself super cheap chocolate on the day after (feb 15th = LOTS OF SALES!)

im unhappy because i dont understand how to use UDK for level design and i have to get a mole removed off my leg this week and thats not gonna be fun ; --- ;

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So this is a pretty long story that I'll summarize.

Back in September I entrusted my friends with the knowledge of who I liked, and they agreed to keep it secret.
Throughout October and November, they told two others who I hadn't authorized, but they seemed trustworthy enough.
Fastforward to January, and things are kinda tense.
The last week of January, one of the employees pisses me off so I ask a friend to kick him, and thus a feud blooms; a feud that would be my undoing.
Last Friday, that same person told over 40 people, including the girl I like as well.
This was fixable, at least.
But no, he went a step further and hooked up his friend with her for the Valentines Day dance.

Yeah. I'm not sure to be pissed beyond words, laugh at my stupidity, or just cry in a dark corner.

T

Trick or Treat

I'm gonna spend Valentine's Day at work. And the guy I like, who works with me, has requested the day off. I wonder why... :B

So this is a pretty long story that I'll summarize.

Back in September I entrusted my friends with the knowledge of who I liked, and they agreed to keep it secret.
Throughout October and November, they told two others who I hadn't authorized, but they seemed trustworthy enough.
Fastforward to January, and things are kinda tense.
The last week of January, one of the employees pisses me off so I ask a friend to kick him, and thus a feud blooms; a feud that would be my undoing.
Last Friday, that same person told over 40 people, including the girl I like as well.
This was fixable, at least.
But no, he went a step further and hooked up his friend with her for the Valentines Day dance.

Yeah. I'm not sure to be pissed beyond words, laugh at my stupidity, or just cry in a dark corner.
I remember when people telling the guy/girl you like how you feel was a big deal. But honestly as you get older it isn't really an issue, most of the time. Of course, the fact that your friends betrayed your trust in the first place is wrong.

I don't care how angry you are at someone, for something so little, hooking your friend up with the girl is just crossing too many lines. That's just cruel.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
My boyfriend and I broke up three days ago due to him being dissatisfied with the long distance relationship, which is understandable, but now I'm dealing with this strange feeling of... longing, insecurity, anxiety, worry, and bitterness due to what day it is. I suppose that the relationship wasn't working completely for me either, I mean, it would have been nice if we could have done couple things together. I'm just very confused and frustrated for so many reasons. >.<

Did I mention that I loathe today? Because I do. >.>

Gonna spend valentines day with my 3 best friends!
Me, Myself, And I.......
Amen, sister/brother. Amen.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
They banned both Primewire.ag and putlocker at my local library. Asshole. Yeah I'm just gonna have to get my computer fixed, accessing the computer through other means is just not working anymore.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm gonna spend Valentine's Day at work. And the guy I like, who works with me, has requested the day off. I wonder why... :B

I remember when people telling the guy/girl you like how you feel was a big deal. But honestly as you get older it isn't really an issue, most of the time. Of course, the fact that your friends betrayed your trust in the first place is wrong.

I don't care how angry you are at someone, for something so little, hooking your friend up with the girl is just crossing too many lines. That's just cruel.
Well, I'm 27 and I still can't tell someone I like them

Of course, I've never actually successfully hooked up with anyone, so my experience is that I'm going to be rejected, humiliated, and probably loose whatever friendship I had with the person if I ever actually say something

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Well, I'm 27 and I still can't tell someone I like them

Of course, I've never actually successfully hooked up with anyone, so my experience is that I'm going to be rejected, humiliated, and probably loose whatever friendship I had with the person if I ever actually say something
Well first, the whole thing about "ruining a friendship" is a myth. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but still. Two of my close guy friends have confessed to me, and I turned them down. We're actually even closer now, after the fact. I even ended up sleeping with one of them, at one point.

So don't let the fear of ruining yout friendship deter you. It likely won't happen if you're actually good friends, or both mature about it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well first, the whole thing about "ruining a friendship" is a myth. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but still. Two of my close guy friends have confessed to me, and I turned them down. We're actually even closer now, after the fact. I even ended up sleeping with one of them, at one point.

So don't let the fear of ruining yout friendship deter you. It likely won't happen if you're actually good friends, or both mature about it.
I'm not going by any myth, I'm going by experience

That's really what happened. Every single time

Top Bottom