• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
Realizing your savings account isn't really saving anything. Might as well take actual cash out of my account and hide it in somewhere in my home.. Time to switch banks in the near future. I wish I could contact them right now but the crappy weather(wind chills) is effecting their wait times drastically.

Feel like punching a wall right now.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I got a new arcade stick for a great price. Problem is that its PS3 and all my games are for the 360. And the converter doesn't work.
:(

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Thanks for the words guys.

I'm fine now. My bathroom habits are back to more or less normal now.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm so nervous and anxious right now that I'm shaking, pacing back and forth and my head is burning along with that incredibly awesome feeling of incoming doom (not). I never used to get this bad over anything but lately for any thing that is remotely "big" (getting a hair cut, oil change, other more ...intensive? forms of interaction) just has me feeling absolutely terrible. I feel like a piece of ****, people don't act like this. I say things like "I wish cars didn't exist" or that I was bald but it's just me wishing for ways to get out of this.

I want to CRY ;_;

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I'm so nervous and anxious right now that I'm shaking, pacing back and forth and my head is burning along with that incredibly awesome feeling of incoming doom (not). I never used to get this bad over anything but lately for any thing that is remotely "big" (getting a hair cut, oil change, other more ...intensive? forms of interaction) just has me feeling absolutely terrible. I feel like a piece of ****, people don't act like this. I say things like "I wish cars didn't exist" or that I was bald but it's just me wishing for ways to get out of this.

I want to CRY ;_;
I can think about 2 possibly reasons that may be making you feel like that:

1- You may be not having enough night sleep time (it doesn't seems do make sense, but having little sleep may cause really weird symptoms)

2- You may be experiencing a really boring life at the moment and can't find a way to make your life funnier/more interesting/have things to offer.
If that's the case, try looking for new things to do, like playing games that you never played before (you can find they easily on the internet, I also recommend this site http://nesbox.com/), travel somewhere, watch shows, animes, or something you never watched before (try looking for it on youtube), go to amusement parks, and all that stuff.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
ndayday, sounds like you are having a visit from the super fun anxiety fairy
yaaaaay /sarcasm

stay strong, my friend. stay strong.
if you need an ear or any resources, lemme know. thanks to a few internet resources, i have a cache of anxiety reducing stuff
wooo

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel like my entire life is just a long wait. And then death

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I make enough money to do a gram of coke a night everynight. I hope I can live through this.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

I want to CRY ;_;
It sounds like you're going through a period of hyper anxiety. I've been through that and to some degree still struggle with it so I can relate.

The best advice I can give you is to make good decisions. Once you've been in enough anxiety inducing situations, and you've made good decisions that got you through the situations with no negative consequences eventually you will no longer fear them because you will ale to think back on countless situations that caused you anxiety and how you were able to overcome them magnificently and how they had no lasting detrimental consequences on your life.

It gets better man.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
9 months since I've been with a women, it's beginning to drive me insane. I don't even want sex...basically just everything else. (Weird i know).Maybe I'm not used to this length of time without action because in the past few years I've had many more encounters with women, about 1 every 1-2 months. Seems like the online dating sector has drawn dry. I also fear bars and clubs every since tinnitus permanently impaired me.
And no I'm not into getting a prostitute.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
9 months since I've been with a women, it's beginning to drive me insane. I don't even want sex...basically just everything else. (Weird i know).Maybe I'm not used to this length of time without action because in the past few years I've had many more encounters with women, about 1 every 1-2 months. Seems like the online dating sector has drawn dry. I also fear bars and clubs every since tinnitus permanently impaired me.
9 months?

Try 7 years

Smash Lord
The wanting everything else is pretty understandable. People get a lot more out of a relationship than sex, anyone who says otherwise had a relationship that scarred them in one way or another.

A guy in my city's crew is a ****. Short of punching him out, I don't know what to do. He is a standard case of suck up if you are better than him and piss on you if you are worse. When you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you are at a party, he's the guy that kills the mood. He does all this crap and kills otherwise awesome smashfests.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I'm living a lie. I'm tired, stressed, depressed, and angry all at the same time. I failed my ACT because I couldn't concentrate enough to study. I feel alone. The only friends I have are online. I love them, but it's not the same as having a physical person to help you get through things. I've recently realized I can't make eye contact with anyone. If I do, I feel like I start to breakdown. I don't know what it is about eye contact, trust, maybe? I don't know, but the second I even come close to making eye contact with someone I get a lump in my throat and just wanna break down crying and telling them everything.

How can parents put their kids through such emotional pain? They act like being gay is the end of the world, that everything will come falling apart in a dramatic earthquake that will tear our house apart. Do you know what is really tearing our house apart? DENYING IT. I'm getting to the point where I can't even be around them anymore, it's just making me mad. (I'm "straight" atm) My father brought the issue up at dinner the other day. It went downhill fast. Luckily the phone kept ringing so he eventually answered the phone, so I took that chance to escape. I went shopping... sorta. (needed a jacket) I couldn't enjoy myself. I ended up sitting in the parking lot for an hour just crying. "It's embarassing", "What would X think?", "Your life will be destroyed?", "You're a pervert", "You won't get any college money from us if you continue being this way", "It's unnatural, it's sick", "You'll never go to heaven".

Going to work today. It's a long shift. I hate work. Constant reminders that I'm gay. I work in a retail store, so it's only natural that some good looking people come through. Everytime I feel attracted to someone, I feel sick. I just want to run out the door and not look back. I don't care anymore. It's also kinda boring, nothing to do but think. I hate thinking. I'm sure you can understand why.

Sorry for the rant... I'm just.. tired, and needed to get some out so I figured writing it out would help. Not sure it did.

S7GF

Smash Journeyman
I'm living a lie. I'm tired, stressed, depressed, and angry all at the same time. I failed my ACT because I couldn't concentrate enough to study. I feel alone. The only friends I have are online. I love them, but it's not the same as having a physical person to help you get through things. I've recently realized I can't make eye contact with anyone. If I do, I feel like I start to breakdown. I don't know what it is about eye contact, trust, maybe? I don't know, but the second I even come close to making eye contact with someone I get a lump in my throat and just wanna break down crying and telling them everything.

How can parents put their kids through such emotional pain? They act like being gay is the end of the world, that everything will come falling apart in a dramatic earthquake that will tear our house apart. Do you know what is really tearing our house apart? DENYING IT. I'm getting to the point where I can't even be around them anymore, it's just making me mad. (I'm "straight" atm) My father brought the issue up at dinner the other day. It went downhill fast. Luckily the phone kept ringing so he eventually answered the phone, so I took that chance to escape. I went shopping... sorta. (needed a jacket) I couldn't enjoy myself. I ended up sitting in the parking lot for an hour just crying. "It's embarassing", "What would X think?", "Your life will be destroyed?", "You're a pervert", "You won't get any college money from us if you continue being this way", "It's unnatural, it's sick", "You'll never go to heaven".

Going to work today. It's a long shift. I hate work. Constant reminders that I'm gay. I work in a retail store, so it's only natural that some good looking people come through. Everytime I feel attracted to someone, I feel sick. I just want to run out the door and not look back. I don't care anymore. It's also kinda boring, nothing to do but think. I hate thinking. I'm sure you can understand why.

Sorry for the rant... I'm just.. tired, and needed to get some out so I figured writing it out would help. Not sure it did.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I understand how the religious community can be, being a Christian myself. I'm really sorry all this is happening to you, but we are here for you. Just because you don't have many friends in real life doesn't mean anything. People can be cruel, ridiculous, and unloving. As long as you find comfort or love in someone, even someone online, I'd say that's just fine.

I hope things work out for you. If you're struggling with your sexuality, I can honestly say that Macalester College has a huge support base, and they give really good financial aid. I would consider applying there. It really is a great school.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hurt my back at work because a customer had me lift a microwave off a belt that was too heavy for them to lift

If it was too heavy for you to lift off the belt, why'd you put the damn thing on the belt in the first place?

Don't you know you don't put large or heavy items on the belt?

She HAD items she left in her cart. But NOOOOO, that microwave totally HAD to be put on the belt

I don't even work as a cashier, but every once in a while I have to if no one else is available because they don't hire enough cashiers

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
9 months?

Try 7 years
I don't know how you managed that long. I need tips.

Oh, and the girl who I've had the biggest crush on finally moved close to me! Then I find out she is in another relationship. Again. I mean, she just got out of a relationship! She is the sweetest girl ever, I just hate how she has so many boyfriends....

Well, time to hope this one is short lived, I guess...

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Well, i'm new to Smashboards and to competitive Smash in general. I know it isn't a good thing to start myself off by posting in the Unhappy Thread, but these things that are making me unhappy/indifferent are relating to me and my current and possibly future Smash career. This will probably be pretty long, but here it is.

I want to take this game to bigger level in my life. A huge level. I've loved melee since I was a child, and love Nintendo and video games more than anything interest-wise I can think of. When I'm feeling down about life or whatever other troubles I have (Which I mostly am), I go back to the thing that has given me the most happiness, even all of those years ago, Super Smash Bros. Melee. Now, I want to take it as seriously as I can. I think I have the skill capacity to do it, as in being able to get good enough after enough time and experience (everyone most likely says this , but I know I could if I continue being dedicated, but a few things are holding me back and preventing me from taking this further.

Currently, I'm less than a few months away from being 16, and a little while away from getting my driver's license. I live in a town in Florida where there is hardly any Smash Bros. activity at all, and if there is it is not frequent. I visited a Smashboards member's house two weeks ago and had a good time, and he had told me that there are tournaments around here and the GA/AL area every once in a while, but those would be pretty hard for me to attend since I do not have my own transportation for that far of a distance.

As of now I practice tech skill every single day. After school - tech skill. At friends houses when everyone's laying around or playing games -- tech skill. My friends got into the idea of becoming as serious as I am with this game, started practicing the fundamentals and tech skill and all, but it turned out to be just a phase for them and they moved on back to League and whatever else they did. My friends do not relate to me that well in the first place, so I'm not surprised by that. Anyway, now I'm by myself. Practicing every day with hopes of becoming big. I plan on getting a job that can maybe give me weekends off ( at least Saturdays and Sundays), and be able to fund my travels to tournaments in this area. With these plans , though, comes skepticism and problems. The main problems I'm thinking about right now are along the lines of:
How will I get to places to participate in tournaments regularly? ... What would my life be like revolving around my love for Smash? ... Will I ever move to California and participate more there, like I plan to? Is it too expensive and will I be too old by the time it happens? .. How would finding a girlfriend be for me if my dreams and goals pertain to video games? ... Will I ever be able to start a family? ... If I move away, how will I find friends? I'm not as good at making friends as I used to be ...
and so on.

With these dreams possibly being very unrealistic , it makes life a lot harder for me. I'm not interested in pursing a major career and any field -- so far nothing interests me but this game and Video games and the fiction they display in general. I can't create that fiction, because I'm not that creative of a person myself, so I don't even know what to do with my life. People always ask me "What are you going to go to school for? What do you want to be when you grow up?" and besides Smash with a job on the side, nothing comes to mind. This was really long, but I really needed to speak my mind to people who have the same interest as me for the most part, and maybe get some advice or help.

Thanks in advance to whoever reads this, it means a lot.

DrkRoxas

Smash Apprentice
Well, i'm new to Smashboards and to competitive Smash in general. I know it isn't a good thing to start myself off by posting in the Unhappy Thread, but these things that are making me unhappy/indifferent are relating to me and my current and possibly future Smash career. This will probably be pretty long, but here it is.
I can relate to your problems since I love melee and live in a place where nobody plays games like these seriously, Venezuela. I'm gonna move to Florida eventually and I already made a lot of friends there, if you can't move right now to Cali you can stay in Florida and still play a lot of the top guns in melee, there's even a group of Facebook I'm in for south florida (You didn't really say where was the place you live in florida, but if it isn't south, then there must be another group for central and north FL) https://www.facebook.com/groups/159234920826366/ You can write in there, they play very frequently and you could find someone around your area.

About all the other things, like making friends, starting a family, I'd say not to worry. I know those kind of things can become concerns for someone many times but are generally things that fall into place, whenever you move to a new place, eventually you'll enter new environments that let you meet new people without much effort, you'll pretty much have the same amount of friends after some time. So hang in there and remember that at least you live in the states, take advantage of that, melee is not gonna die in there as opposed to here, where I'm struggling to keep a little bit of the flame alive so I can have people to play against. CHEERS MATE.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I can relate to your problems since I love melee and live in a place where nobody plays games like these seriously, Venezuela. I'm gonna move to Florida eventually and I already made a lot of friends there, if you can't move right now to Cali you can stay in Florida and still play a lot of the top guns in melee, there's even a group of Facebook I'm in for south florida (You didn't really say where was the place you live in florida, but if it isn't south, then there must be another group for central and north FL) https://www.facebook.com/groups/159234920826366/ You can write in there, they play very frequently and you could find someone around your area.

About all the other things, like making friends, starting a family, I'd say not to worry. I know those kind of things can become concerns for someone many times but are generally things that fall into place, whenever you move to a new place, eventually you'll enter new environments that let you meet new people without much effort, you'll pretty much have the same amount of friends after some time. So hang in there and remember that at least you live in the states, take advantage of that, melee is not gonna die in there as opposed to here, where I'm struggling to keep a little bit of the flame alive so I can have people to play against. CHEERS MATE.
Thanks for this reply, it was something I really needed to hear. I'm in northwest florida, the very tip actually, so it will be sort of difficult getting to SFL and CFL but i'll try once i'm capable. It's cool you're moving to Florida, and I hope we'll meet eachother and play one day. Thanks again, cheers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned the way the service in hotels clean your glasses is by wearing the same gloves they clean the toilet, putting them in your bathroom sink, and just spraying them with a (Toxic) cleaner, rinsing them out and putting them into the cupboard

That kills almost no bacteria and only makes the cup LOOK like it's clean

I have to make sure to wash every single cup and plate next time I go to a hotel.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I get a little depressed every time I talk to my boyfriend about my home life. We have a long distance relationship, and my family is less than traditional when it comes to... certain aspects of life, which lead me to grow up without a lot of things other kids/teenagers have/had, and because of that, I feel... sad whenever I tell him about any of it. It's just so frustrating! I know that we're having slight money problems, but I feel like a caged bird because of all the stuff I missed out on because of it. I'm not expects a Reply or anything, I just needed to get that off my chest. :I

I just learned the way the service in hotels clean your glasses is by wearing the same gloves they clean the toilet, putting them in your bathroom sink, and just spraying them with a (Toxic) cleaner, rinsing them out and putting them into the cupboard

That kills almost no bacteria and only makes the cup LOOK like it's clean

I have to make sure to wash every single cup and plate next time I go to a hotel.
I wear glasses! Ew! Just... ew...

DrkRoxas

Smash Apprentice
I get a little depressed every time I talk to my boyfriend about my home life. We have a long distance relationship, and my family is less than traditional when it comes to... certain aspects of life, which lead me to grow up without a lot of things other kids/teenagers have/had, and because of that, I feel... sad whenever I tell him about any of it. It's just so frustrating! I know that we're having slight money problems, but I feel like a caged bird because of all the stuff I missed out on because of it. I'm not expects a Reply or anything, I just needed to get that off my chest. :I
First of all, my respects to you for trying a long distance relationship, they need a lot of determination and commitment, so give yourself a star for that, aside of that hang in there, I know all about money problems and they suck, I really hope it all gets better for you.

On a side note of getting things out of one's chest.
I've been depressed ever since I came back from Florida past wednesday, this country (Venezuela) is decaying even more quickly than before, I'm starting to hate everything here, I haven't moved for good to Florida yet because I was waiting to finish college but now I've been told that no matter what a degree here is not gonna do much difference over there and I'm gonna need pretty much to study again over there, I'm so sad with everything in this country, I just want to move right away, why keep wasting time on college if I'm gonna need to start again? but college over there is so expensive, at least to people moving from here, a place where the currency gets more "devaluated" (?) as the days go by.
Yesterday a girl was kidnapped near my college... So yeah, effing country is imploding and I don't want to be here when the **** hits the fan.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I know exactly how you feel. My parents are very traditional/conservative Christians, and as I got older, I realized how deprived I was of certain things. It started to become embarrassing when people started to talk about certain things and I get lost in the conversation because I had no clue what they were talking about. I wasn't even allowed to listen to secular music til I was like... 14? -.-

Also, PsychoIncarnate was talking about drinking glasses, not eye glasses. :p

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
the hype of applying to riot has worn down because i have been at school since 8am and its now 7:30pm and i havent eaten and im sick and running on 3 hours of sleep and im still sitting through a class

it seems super fun because its ~Level Design~ (wow designing game levels so cool wow) but its a lot of lecture and im tired and the teacher goes on tangents and im a concept artist so im not as proficient in 3D

whinesssss just let me leave i was promised dinner

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Right now I'm pissed about this...

District of Columbia Court Circuit Court Hearings

Net Neutrality is dead, meaning that internet providers can block or charge for access to sites, possibly forcing some sites to pay fees.

Verizon was the one who went against the Federal Communications Commissions, claiming they should be able to do whatever to their users internet (apparently corporations > actual people, and screw you if you think they're the same).

I'm pretty pissed about it. No, I'm REALLY PISSED ABOUT IT!!!! SCREW THAT NOISE!!!!

This is just an artificial way to keep overcharged land lines alive (home phone service should be dead by now, just like telegraphs, but nope, gotta overcharge people), Cable TV and Satellite are on their way out, and Verizon wants to stop it, along with other lobbying parties, potentially including AT&T, DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, etc (although none of that is for certain).

Instead of evolving with technology and towards the internet 3.0, they're fighting back.

Seriously, imagine if telegraph or radio companies fought TV's, motion pictures, and camera's legality. That's literally what's happening, and the world wouldn't be where it is today with TV and phone services' powers fighting the internet.

They can all combine and be a part of the internet, and still make good money (not overcharging customer money) with the internet.

But nope, they gotta be greedy, and eventually, either they'll destroy America's communication chain, bomb the economy, and force America to become a country that just "drops off the map" (as well as America's allies and business partners), or (far more likely) these companies are going to get fought back on this, get destroyed, get gigantic public backlash, and eventually lose out on advancing with the future because they're too busy trying to prevent it from happening.

There's a place for 3rd party vendors in this new forthcoming age, but you gotta set your grassroots first by putting money and time into, instead of using that same money and time trying to make more money now.

Online and/or cloud streaming, networks, and communications is the future. It's just a fact. It's not as limited as 1080i TV. Heck, 1080p is on its' way out, as 2k is going to become the new standard. American television services can't even get to 1080p, sans some PPV's; why should it then be the only means of visual entertainment if its' stuck in the past=???

Seriously, my phone can do 1080p streaming. It's time to move on from these things.

And if we don't stop this, well this article could be right.

Net Neutrality and the Death of the Internet

So to get my anger out...

...SCREW YOU VERIZON FOR OPPOSING INTERNET NEUTRALITY!!!!

And screw anyone who supports this. Back in the days you are trying to keep alive we burned witches like you at the stake.

I'm so mad, I'm going to fight for the future by fighting the power.

Seriously, screw greed. If you want to see how greed turns out, watch some mob movie like Goodfellas (almost everyone either dies via assassination or goes to prison) or The Godfather series (everyone dies via assassination or heartbreak). Eventually, people who do these things get crushed, and eventually, good prevails.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Realizing all your favorite video game characters are irrelevant and never happened in the eyes of companies.
Porky, Giygas, Fawful, Bidoof, Count Bleck, Skull Kid (Majora), Vaati, Classic Pac-Man (apparently the old games never existed), Morshu, and many more.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
No prostitute? How about an escort!?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
When I tell people that I'll suck them off for $5 I think they imagine me offering to give them a blow job. That is what I am suggesting.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Today, I was waiting for my Dad to pick me up after my Islamic class. He comes with a Grey 2006 Nissan Maxima. I saw one pull up at the usual spot so I entered and before I got in, I hear someone inside screaming "HEY HEY HEY" and I thought my Dad was just being loud and obnoxious. I finally looked inside and a scared black lady was in the drivers seat. I had a brainfart right then. She probably thought I was some terrorist who was gonna kidnap her.

From now on, I'm checking the licence plate every time my Dad picks me up.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Funny story.
I'm able to go to Apex, something I've been wanting to do for a while, can't due to the date.
Well, turns out I'm able to go over to a friend's (someone else) house, something we've been planning for a while. So, what happens? I'm not kidding you, the day before I was supposed to go, I get a fever, and have to stay home. Lucky me...

cjugs

Smash Ace
How do i go to college????
I live in IN i want to go to IU but i was a average student in HS so idk how i'm supposted to get in. Grants? Scholorships? Time machine? Also does anyone know of any jobs that don't suck? working in a plastic factory sucjs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582

Your parents will never change. Either they will accept you down the line or they won't. What you have to concentrate on is saving money and when you're old enough move out. I have gay coworkers and used to live with a gay man for 3 years. They are older and all happy with the same problems as straight dudes. You just gotta keep your chin up and work hard. Your father can deny it all he wants but you are not going to change. The sooner he realizes it the better if he wants to be a part of your life down the line. Don't fall into drugs like a lot of gays do at a young age. You just have to hit that **** head on and be strong. I DJ'ed drum and bass for over 7 years so I saw a lot of gay dude come to events to try and escape their home life by doing blow. That isn't going to fix anything. If anything it makes you broke and dependant on family members you don't want to be around anyways.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Right now I'm pissed about this...

District of Columbia Court Circuit Court Hearings

Net Neutrality is dead, meaning that internet providers can block or charge for access to sites, possibly forcing some sites to pay fees.

Verizon was the one who went against the Federal Communications Commissions, claiming they should be able to do whatever to their users internet (apparently corporations > actual people, and screw you if you think they're the same).

I'm pretty pissed about it. No, I'm REALLY PISSED ABOUT IT!!!! SCREW THAT NOISE!!!!

This is just an artificial way to keep overcharged land lines alive (home phone service should be dead by now, just like telegraphs, but nope, gotta overcharge people), Cable TV and Satellite are on their way out, and Verizon wants to stop it, along with other lobbying parties, potentially including AT&T, DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, etc (although none of that is for certain).

Instead of evolving with technology and towards the internet 3.0, they're fighting back.

Seriously, imagine if telegraph or radio companies fought TV's, motion pictures, and camera's legality. That's literally what's happening, and the world wouldn't be where it is today with TV and phone services' powers fighting the internet.

They can all combine and be a part of the internet, and still make good money (not overcharging customer money) with the internet.

But nope, they gotta be greedy, and eventually, either they'll destroy America's communication chain, bomb the economy, and force America to become a country that just "drops off the map" (as well as America's allies and business partners), or (far more likely) these companies are going to get fought back on this, get destroyed, get gigantic public backlash, and eventually lose out on advancing with the future because they're too busy trying to prevent it from happening.

There's a place for 3rd party vendors in this new forthcoming age, but you gotta set your grassroots first by putting money and time into, instead of using that same money and time trying to make more money now.

Online and/or cloud streaming, networks, and communications is the future. It's just a fact. It's not as limited as 1080i TV. Heck, 1080p is on its' way out, as 2k is going to become the new standard. American television services can't even get to 1080p, sans some PPV's; why should it then be the only means of visual entertainment if its' stuck in the past=???

Seriously, my phone can do 1080p streaming. It's time to move on from these things.

And if we don't stop this, well this article could be right.

Net Neutrality and the Death of the Internet

So to get my anger out...

...SCREW YOU VERIZON FOR OPPOSING INTERNET NEUTRALITY!!!!

And screw anyone who supports this. Back in the days you are trying to keep alive we burned witches like you at the stake.

I'm so mad, I'm going to fight for the future by fighting the power.

Seriously, screw greed. If you want to see how greed turns out, watch some mob movie like Goodfellas (almost everyone either dies via assassination or goes to prison) or The Godfather series (everyone dies via assassination or heartbreak). Eventually, people who do these things get crushed, and eventually, good prevails.

I'm pissed about that as well. Younger people don't know the true impact of this yet. 2018 marks the date when comcast and verizon can become complete idiots about the net.

Top Bottom