• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I've been drinking a lot more than I usually do and strangely life has been "better" (though I realize that's BS)

Moderation is sooo important. I watch my Dad finish 10-12 beers a day. I don't want to be like that nor want to spend the money on a habit like that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
White Mage it's ok I'll agree with you and say that I generally really dislike/think lower of people that get drunk often/drink regularly.

That's so..... ignorant though. You know nothing of the person, and yet you think poorly of them? tsk tsk. Thought you guys were better than that.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah I realize that. It's just a thing, I know it's wrong to think like that. I hear someone say "I got drunk" and my opinion of them completely changes.

It's probably because all my experiences with drunk people suck or scare me.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
It's not that I think lowly of them... it's just a question of "why?" that comes into my mind. Why did you turn to alcohol? It doesn't get rid of the problem, it just puts it on hold, and alcoholism itself can become another problem on top of that.

Yeah drinking at a party every once in a while is fine, but when it becomes a regular thing... I just don't see why people want to drink. I also think part of me is afraid to drink because alcoholism seems to run in the family (Grandfather, Uncle and Aunt are sober alcoholics), and I always seem to be susceptible to things that have an addictive nature.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not that I think lowly of them... it's just a question of "why?" that comes into my mind. Why did you turn to alcohol? It doesn't get rid of the problem, it just puts it on hold, and alcoholism itself can become another problem on top of that.
I don't think you realize drinking =/= always mean your drowning your emotions.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I actually went out for a drink last night. I asked for a sex on the beach and they didn't put anything in it other than Cranberry, I called them out on it and he told me to try and if I don't like it I don't have to buy it. After I start the other bartender comes up to me and says $8. I told her I'm not paying for it, we called the guy over and they took the drink from me. I asked for an Apple Martini instead and he said he couldn't help me, he just wanted me out of there I guess. On the bright side I found 5$ in the bar.

So I know I'm going to be able to take that job and I'm finally becoming ok with that, I feel bad for still jerking these guys around though. I keep telling them I'll get it on some longshot hope that things work out back home and I actually do get my drivers license on time. They've been so nice to me, it's gonna suck when I tell them finally I can't take it. And I wish my dad would just confirm that he hasn't gotten it yet.

Well my father won't get back to me until tonight, or early tomorrow life he usually does. So I'll just call my contractor and tell him I can't take the job. It sucks, but I need to be a man and just do the right thing here.

tera twin

Smash Journeyman
A drink every now and then is good for your liver, actually. I also disagree about taste; I can think of plenty of tasty drinks.

WM, you won't understand unless you've drunk enough to truly feel the effects. If done in moderation without heavy amounts, it's enjoyable.

Also if you're around people who get threating about you not drinking you're with the wrong kind of people. I sometimes choose not to drink with friends due to driving or any number of reasons, but no one has been threatening to me because of it.
Hey. No discussion of alcohol. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Drinking takes away my anxiety around woman. A little too much

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
So were, you ever going to substantiate your claim that Alcohol is somehow good for you? Burden of proof is on you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it makes you feel good, it's obvious good for you!

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
So I know I'm going to be able to take that job and I'm finally becoming ok with that, I feel bad for still jerking these guys around though. I keep telling them I'll get it on some longshot hope that things work out back home and I actually do get my drivers license on time. They've been so nice to me, it's gonna suck when I tell them finally I can't take it. And I wish my dad would just confirm that he hasn't gotten it yet. Well my father won't get back to me until tonight, or early tomorrow life he usually does. So I'll just call my contractor and tell him I can't take the job. It sucks, but I need to be a man and just do the right thing here.
TELL THEM YOU CAN'T DRIVE BUT YOU ARE STILL VERY INTERESTED IN THE JOB AND ARE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THE POSITION DESPITE THE CIRCUMSTANCES YOU AUTISTIC PIECE OF ****.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
TELL THEM YOU CAN'T DRIVE BUT YOU ARE STILL VERY INTERESTED IN THE JOB AND ARE WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THE POSITION DESPITE THE CIRCUMSTANCES YOU AUTISTIC PIECE OF ****.

That's a terrible idea, the job requires driving so if I can't they're not hiring me. Fortunately I can drive, but my predicament prohibits that. Anyways I'm about to tell my contractor that I can be there for work tomorrow without a problem, but I wouldn't have my license and I wouldn't be able to drive until the weekend. This is assuming that my dad does pick up my license today like he said he would.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
That's a terrible idea, the job requires driving so if I can't they're not hiring me. Fortunately I can drive, but my predicament prohibits that. Anyways I'm about to tell my contractor that I can be there for work tomorrow without a problem, but I wouldn't have my license and I wouldn't be able to drive until the weekend. This is assuming that my dad does pick up my license today like he said he would.
:D

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Froggy.... I'm sure you can still drive without your licence for a bit. Just don't do anything stupid to get you pulled over. O.o

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
So were, you ever going to substantiate your claim that Alcohol is somehow good for you? Burden of proof is on you.
Google must be malfunctioning for you?

If you really care enough to make a bunch of posts about it, look it up. You're on the internet anyway.

Froggy.... I'm sure you can still drive without your licence for a bit. Just don't do anything stupid to get you pulled over. O.o

Cool advice, I'm sure that the popo will agree if he does get pulled over.

This thread sometimes.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Seriously, what are the chances of getting pulled over? He IS already legally licensed to drive.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
because burden of proof. sure, i can look it up myself, but i'd rather were just prove it.
Why? This isn't the Debate Hall.

Seriously, what are the chances of getting pulled over? He IS already legally licensed to drive.

You never know what can happen.

Also, it doesn't matter if you're licensed to drive, if you don't have your license.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
because burden of proof. sure, i can look it up myself, but i'd rather were just prove it.
I said that I don't feel like finding one, which strongly implies that I really don't care.

Froggy, good luck getting your license and all that. Hopefully you get the job in the end.

White Mage, how old are you, and do you have your license?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You could type it in google and come up with "proof" faster than it would have taken you to ask for it multiple times. :laugh:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
I said that I don't feel like finding one, which strongly implies that I really don't care.

Froggy, good luck getting your license and all that. Hopefully you get the job in the end.

White Mage, how old are you, and do you have your license?

Yet you made a claim, and now you don't care to back it up. This screams false/unsubstantiated to me.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Sorry, but I'm just not willing to risk driving without a license yet. Also I'm not sure it would make a difference since the company needs my license and insurance card on file.

Well unfortunately things didn't pull through. My dad says he's at the office trying to expedite the process now, but the contractor keeps calling me. I'm just going to have to call him now and tell him I still don't have it. The last time I spoke to him I told him I wasn't hopeful I'd get my license in time, as much as I want the job I really think they should give up on me and higher a different candidate. I wouldn't feel so bad about the whole thing. Oh well, gotta be an adult and face the situation again.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm sorry, I thought the point was expressing interest in understanding whether there were health benefits to drinking alcohol or not, not ******* around about substantiation. I was mistaken, because expressing interest in understanding this topic would have rendered substantiation pointless in less than ten seconds.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Adding references is only required if something isn't considered public knowledge, and something is considered public knowledge if you can find at least 3 sources on it

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
i suddenly feel sad and dont have a clue as to why

its weird cuz ive been pretty happy and have been in a super good place for the past few weeks

gah what even

i probably just need to catch some sleeeeep

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
What kind if job? So you need a resume? Do you need references?

Just apply places and talk up your strengths
You are your own salesman

Top Bottom