• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Group speech was messed up (last time I work with this group =___=), headache, fever apparently, no dinner, and haven't been sleeping enough
Gotta power through this class!!!!!!
Reward myself with chipotle omgggg

:phone:
Sorry about the bad luck, Lokii. I hope you have great luck with the rest of the class, though! ^_^!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Thunderstorms are being predicted this weekend, which means that a concert I was planning on going to may be moved indoors, which would make it significantly more difficult to sneak in, which I have to do because I'm not a Northwestern student. We'll see though, because iirc storms were predicted for last year and it was still outside.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sorry about the bad luck, Lokii. I hope you have great luck with the rest of the class, though! ^_^!
I did I guess
I'm still all achey and tired....but I just need to sleep
Why does roommate take so long in bathroom thoughhhh? I wanna shower before bed Dx she's been in the shower for a biiillllllllllllion yearsssss

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
i'm kinda upset because it's my birthday and i can't think of anything special i want to do or people i want to hang out with.
*jumps in and bandwagons*

It isn't too big of a deal, nothing to be sad about, though I do understand wishing there was something exciting to do and interesting people to do it with. Back in PA where I lived most of my life I bet my birthdays would be better. **** Alabama, no one ever go there. It is not sweet. It is not your home.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Happy Birthday! ^__^!

Spending time alone is one of the best ways to celebrate a birthday imo. It's a perfect reason to say "I deserve an alone day where I just relax!" :)

Have fun with whatever you do! :D

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
But I want to go to work not just because of money also because I need to feel that I'm useful

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I was serious.

Go to work.

Just because you hate it doesn't mean you shouldn't go. There's nothing you can do about it until you get more experience working, which can be obtained by going to work.

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
sometimes I feel like "*** it! I'm gonna do killing people for a living!"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm in customer service.

Somehow I'm able to be good at it, despite having no social skills, because I work hard.

I hate my job, but I get it done and get paid.

Until I can finish my degree and hopefully find a job in my field

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It's not service jobs make me blue it's the people I work with...
It may be difficult but I think it's best if you develop a good attitude about your job. I had a ****ty attitude about last job, and my experience sucked because of it. Looking back on things, I was being a winey brat.

If you don't like your job then just think of it as a stepping stone, it's just something to put on your resume to help you land a better job in the future. Make sure your supervisors like you, and try to stay there for at least a mentionable amount of time(at least 6 months). Also with a better attitude you'll probably find that your work is less stressful, even though it'll be just as difficult.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'd say it depends on the excuses, and how much they're deducting. If you're more careful could you avoid the deductions from your paycheck?

New edit
I think I screwed up at work just now. My stomach had been hurting me a lot, so I started farting to ease the pain(seems gas was the problem), they were silent so I'm pretty sure no one heard, but they must have smelled it because they turned on the AC pretty high, and now they're all gone for a break(I'm often left out of this, since I have my earphones on, and can't here when they're calling each, and perhaps because I'm Black). Hopefully I'm just exaggerating all this, but sadly that may not be the case :/

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'd say it depends on the excuses, and how much they're deducting. If you're more careful could you avoid the deductions from your paycheck?

New edit
I think I screwed up at work just now. My stomach had been hurting me a lot, so I started farting to ease the pain(seems gas was the problem), they were silent so I'm pretty sure no one heard, but they must have smelled it because they turned on the AC pretty high, and now they're all gone for a break(I'm often left out of this, since I have my earphones on, and can't here when they're calling each, and perhaps because I'm Black). Hopefully I'm just exaggerating all this, but sadly that may not be the case :/
I'm going to sound like an immature jerk here but I have to admit I laughed at this post. like, a lot.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I've lost all motivation to do much of anything.

I've somehow lost all of my smash skill. It hasn't come back in about three months. Smash overall has lost it's appeal. A three week break didn't fix this.

Everything material that I value has been stolen from me. What wasn't stolen I foolishly sold to invest in smash last summer.

I haven't lost any weight or body mass in close to 5 weeks despite eating 1k less than my bmr, doing ketosis, and working manual labor.

The entire reason why I'm in school, working, and dieting was to improve my quality of life so I can smash more often, and have the means and justification to buy cool ****. Since I've lost all of my smash skill, and as a result, all interest in the game in general, as well as having everything I've ever valued stolen from me, I don't see how I can continue. I work my *** off, and nothing comes out of it. I'm more depressed, and upset with my life now than I was when I was homeless.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I have insomnia. I'm happy if I can sleep until 5 am uninterrupted.

@hulk: as if anyone would want someone like me. :/

Smash Lord
Reposting this because I still need advice on this.

So my smash group has a lot of tension right now with me at the center of things. One person in my group is too stupid to pick up on when trolling is no longer trolling. It's like that's the only thing that he knows how to do to interact with people. It's gotten to the point that every time I see him, he's just ridiculing me every time that I mess up in the game. I can't function. I don't know how to deal with this, so it just keeps happening.

Today, things got bad enough that without me even saying anything, everyone pretty much ganged up on him. He pretty much informally got booted from playing doubles for his behavior towards me. It's to the point that if he does this next time, he's just going to get kicked out of the house we're playing at by whatever means necessary. All this has been agreed upon without any input from me. Even if I'm way too passive this is a bit much.

I don't want the drama. I feel like if this kind of stuff happens, our entire is going to die out. I think that we are already in shambles as it is. Out of our good people, one just retired, another is considering doing the same, another can't afford to go to tournaments, another is locked into working almost every weekend, the last one is the person that can't seem to function normally with other people.

I need a way to resolve this, preferably before things blow over.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I've lost all motivation to do much of anything.

I've somehow lost all of my smash skill. It hasn't come back in about three months. Smash overall has lost it's appeal. A three week break didn't fix this.

Everything material that I value has been stolen from me. What wasn't stolen I foolishly sold to invest in smash last summer.

I haven't lost any weight or body mass in close to 5 weeks despite eating 1k less than my bmr, doing ketosis, and working manual labor.

The entire reason why I'm in school, working, and dieting was to improve my quality of life so I can smash more often, and have the means and justification to buy cool ****. Since I've lost all of my smash skill, and as a result, all interest in the game in general, as well as having everything I've ever valued stolen from me, I don't see how I can continue. I work my *** off, and nothing comes out of it. I'm more depressed, and upset with my life now than I was when I was homeless.

Go to a gym with a friend. Sounds simple, but it could be satisfying since you said manual labor but didn't say anything specifically about exercise.

@quote: Does he know how YOU feel about this? You need to be straight forward with him. If you tell him how much it bothers you and how it effects you, then either one of two things will happen. Either he'll stop or he won't. If he stops, problem solved. If he doesn't, then the situation presented by the other people in the house is not a poor solution at all and should go through 100%. He shouldn't be there if he wants to continue being disrespectful to you.

Basically, it's not an extreme punishment if he knows how you feel about it from you telling him.

:bubblebobble:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
****! My boss wants to see me again before I leave today. WTF is it this time? I've over doubled my production speed and my supervisor knows that. Whenever I solve one problem, another one just pops up. Life can be so frustrating sometimes.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
well then, I guess the only solution now is to kill yourself!
Chill out with that kind of joke, mate.

The thought has been on my mind for months.

Hey, remember when it sucked so bad when you were homeless? It got better, and I'm willing to bet it'll get better again. ^_^

As for Smash, a three week break probably hurt you, but you should use this as a chance to try out other games. I did the same thing (minus going to tourneys due to parents), and I fell in love with 2d fighters as a result.

As for weight loss, I've heard that plateaus happen. Just keep dieting and waiting, and it should go down more again, probably.

Top Bottom