• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Murlough Murlough That's the sad thing about learning to have friendships. Sometimes you make friends with the wrong people and they end up taking advantage of you. I've been there, and it makes you feel like you can't trust anyone. I suggest you talk with this guy about how you feel like he's been taking advantage of you and be honest with him. I'm not saying you should give him a "reasons you suck" speech, but you need to be clear with him that he can't treat you like ****. I know it can be intimidating, especially if you're someone like me who's worried about making people upset, but you can't be a doormat to this guy. Be clear, mean what you say, and most importantly, keep your cool if he's acting like a ********. There's nothing worse than attacking him just because he's being a prick to you. I've been there too.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
The more I interact with people, the more I feel like I should have remained alone.

Over the last several months I hadn't posted here because I finally got past my social issues. I went out of my way to hang out with others and it worked out. Unfortunately, I start seeing the crappier side of things.

Because I've never really had friends I try to do things that would get there approval. This includes lending money (within reason. I'm not stupid.), giving rides without asking for gas money, or even paying for dinner once or twice.

Well, a guy I've driven around for a while now who also is one of my demons in bracket has proven that he doesn't give a **** about what I try to do for him.

The guy is such a two-faced, selfish, self-contradicting *******. The guy just ****s on me when ever he gets the chance. There is another guy involved but I don't care about him much. He never striked me as someone I would ever have a friendship with.

Anyway, I'm in a tough spot. Have been for a while. I don't know if I should continue to try and be friendly or just say **** it and act like a jerk unless someone seems cool. It's so tempting to just tell off everyone that gets on my nerves and call them out on their **** but it probably wouldn't accomplish anything.

I needed to vent and this is a good place for that. I feel like I need to say alot more but this wall of text is big enough.

To anyone who read this, sorry for the rant. I hope you are having a good day.
I would just cut him off if I were you. You don't need to call him out just stop giving him rides, and if he asks why you won't give him a ride then feel free to tell him why.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm not giving him rides anymore. I'm not the type to let people take advantage of me. I offered to be nice and help him out and he clearly didn't appreciate it. The only issue is he is kinda the TO of the weekly I attend during the summer or winter so having a negative relationship is going to suck but what can ya do?

All is well. Thank you for the concern and advice!

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I'm not giving him rides anymore. I'm not the type to let people take advantage of me. I offered to be nice and help him out and he clearly didn't appreciate it. The only issue is he is kinda the TO of the weekly I attend during the summer or winter so having a negative relationship is going to suck but what can ya do?

All is well. Thank you for the concern and advice!
People aren't entitled to your friendship- they have to earn it. Sucks to be him.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I really didn't want to post here again but I'm pretty messed up right now. I just got into my first wreck. I was going 70 on the interstate heading for home when I realized I wanted to head home before my previous destination.

I looked at my GPS to change the destination. The next second I look down and see a stopped vehicle in my line right in front of me. I tried to hit the brakes and turn away but I couldn't in time and knocked her and myself into the ditch.

Somehow we are both ok. She had a baby in the backseat who was unharmed thank god. She had a sciezure but recovered quickly and was able to talk to everyone a few minutes later like it never happened.

Both are cars are messed up. Insurance might be able to fix them up but I don't know. The reason her vehicle was stopped was because there was a tracker (or? I don't know. I can barely think at the moment.)

I feel like such a failure. I look away for two seconds and ruin everything. The half year I rode my bike to work to pay for a car? Ruined. My dads money who helped pay for the rest of the car, insurance, new radio, new speakers, everything he spent for me is ruined. Hell, I could have just killed a mother and her baby daughter. All because of two ****ing seconds.

Please, don't be a dumb*** like me. If you need to take your eyes off the road for even a second pull over to do it.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I really didn't want to post here again but I'm pretty messed up right now. I just got into my first wreck. I was going 70 on the interstate heading for home when I realized I wanted to head home before my previous destination.

I looked at my GPS to change the destination. The next second I look down and see a stopped vehicle in my line right in front of me. I tried to hit the brakes and turn away but I couldn't in time and knocked her and myself into the ditch.

Somehow we are both ok. She had a baby in the backseat who was unharmed thank god. She had a sciezure but recovered quickly and was able to talk to everyone a few minutes later like it never happened.

Both are cars are messed up. Insurance might be able to fix them up but I don't know. The reason her vehicle was stopped was because there was a tracker (or? I don't know. I can barely think at the moment.)

I feel like such a failure. I look away for two seconds and ruin everything. The half year I rode my bike to work to pay for a car? Ruined. My dads money who helped pay for the rest of the car, insurance, new radio, new speakers, everything he spent for me is ruined. Hell, I could have just killed a mother and her baby daughter. All because of two ****ing seconds.

Please, don't be a dumb*** like me. If you need to take your eyes off the road for even a second pull over to do it.
I just got my car about a week ago, and I've been using it to drive to school during the week. I still feel uncomfortable driving by myself and I don't like the freeway, and I often have the problem of looking over my shoulder while making my lane change instead of looking first then changing because I want to get out of the freeway and find my exit ASAP. I know how to drive and I'm fairly good at it, but my nerves get the better of me sometimes and fast traffic makes me tense.

I'm so sorry to hear that you got into a wreck like that, but that's what it takes. One mistake and you're headed for a collision. That's something I need to get over because I still get worried about the idea of hitting someone when I wasn't intending to.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I feel like my life's degraded to a bunch of people judging me without really understanding what's wrong with me.
I think some people in this place might link this to something that happened tonight, but, no, this is an old issue by now.
A lot of people use me to fall back on for their feelings, but I feel like I can't fall back on anyone reliably to talk about my feelings. Besides - people don't get what I'm feeling and it's like they don't want to get it. It's just
urgh.
I might post here later about it. Life is complicated.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I feel like my life's degraded to a bunch of people judging me without really understanding what's wrong with me.
I think some people in this place might link this to something that happened tonight, but, no, this is an old issue by now.
A lot of people use me to fall back on for their feelings, but I feel like I can't fall back on anyone reliably to talk about my feelings. Besides - people don't get what I'm feeling and it's like they don't want to get it. It's just
urgh.
Hey, you can fall back here to talk about feelings. It's what we're here for. Nobody judges you, and we all try to help each other.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
urgh.
I've been there.

Its really hard to find someone willing to listen to your problems. I wouldn't sweat the people who ask you to listen to their problems but refuse to listen to yours.

Just keep being a good person and helping people out. Someday you'll find people who will hear you out too.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
urgh.
It is really difficult to find people who care enough to listen to your problems. In person I won't really talk about my problems with anyone, because I just assume if they don't reach out to me then they don't really care anyways. I don't really hide it when I am going through problems, but if people don't ask me about them, then no one will ever know. Just remember the whole point of this thread is pretty much to talk about your problems.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I discovered just now after randomly touching my chest a large, soft lump. Turns out after a bit of research, it's a lipoma. 1/100 get those. Looks hideous. **** me, as if I didn't hate my skin enough for all the problems it has [acne, warts]. *Sigh* Well, I'm 99% sure it's a lipoma. Can't see till tomorrow at a walk in clinic since it's 11 pm here. At least they are supposed to be harmless and non cancerous, but I don't want it to grow bigger. Why did I get fantastic metabolism, but horrifically bad skin...

Right before vacation Tuesday.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Okay.
Dealing with people is hard. Like, really hard.
Months ago, I was just some dude wanting to have fun and meet new people, and now it's getting to the point that I'm dreading being social, afraid it might go as comically bad as some of the relationships I have started this year went. This year has made me question a lot about who I truly am, in both good and bad ways. It's getting clearer to me who actually cares about me and who doesn't, who I should be sticking with and who I shouldn't, but it feels like I can't do squat about it. I know the solutions to my problems but I can't put them to the test. I'm having to endure a lot of things I feel like I shouldn't be enduring.
I even talked to a close friend of mine (pretty popular user around this place, I won't say his name) and he asked me why do I have to bear with this ****.
Seriously, I have to ask: Why do I? What have I done to deserve this, really?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Okay.
Dealing with people is hard. Like, really hard.
Months ago, I was just some dude wanting to have fun and meet new people, and now it's getting to the point that I'm dreading being social, afraid it might go as comically bad as some of the relationships I have started this year went. This year has made me question a lot about who I truly am, in both good and bad ways. It's getting clearer to me who actually cares about me and who doesn't, who I should be sticking with and who I shouldn't, but it feels like I can't do squat about it. I know the solutions to my problems but I can't put them to the test. I'm having to endure a lot of things I feel like I shouldn't be enduring.
I even talked to a close friend of mine (pretty popular user around this place, I won't say his name) and he asked me why do I have to bear with this ****.
Seriously, I have to ask: Why do I? What have I done to deserve this, really?
From what I'm seeing here, you haven't done anything wrong. Meeting new people and forming relationships with people is a part of life, and for some, it's a hard part of life. I've never been the best at making friends, as it takes me a while to put myself out there. I hesitate a lot, not because I don't want to make friends, but because I get worried about making a bad first impression. I'm afraid of talking to girls because I'm worried that if I ever try to get into a relationship with someone, it won't last as long as I'd want it to, but that's just something I have to accept. Learning who you want to spend your time with and who you want to spend your life with is a tough process. It can take years to finally find a group of people that you feel like you fit in perfectly with. It took me until high school to find a group that I'm comfortable with, and to this day, I'm still great friends with them. I learned very early on in my life that friends come and go, and often times it's because people grow apart. The same thing goes with relationships, some more painful than others.

I've never been the most sociable person, so I completely understand you dreading being social. Some of the best friends I've ever made aren't the most sociable people, and they're awesome once you get to know them. It'll take time, but it'll be worth it in the end. Believe me.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
From what I'm seeing here, you haven't done anything wrong. Meeting new people and forming relationships with people is a part of life, and for some, it's a hard part of life. I've never been the best at making friends, as it takes me a while to put myself out there. I hesitate a lot, not because I don't want to make friends, but because I get worried about making a bad first impression. I'm afraid of talking to girls because I'm worried that if I ever try to get into a relationship with someone, it won't last as long as I'd want it to, but that's just something I have to accept. Learning who you want to spend your time with and who you want to spend your life with is a tough process. It can take years to finally find a group of people that you feel like you fit in perfectly with. It took me until high school to find a group that I'm comfortable with, and to this day, I'm still great friends with them. I learned very early on in my life that friends come and go, and often times it's because people grow apart. The same thing goes with relationships, some more painful than others.

I've never been the most sociable person, so I completely understand you dreading being social. Some of the best friends I've ever made aren't the most sociable people, and they're awesome once you get to know them. It'll take time, but it'll be worth it in the end. Believe me.
I used to be antisocial, but that was years ago. Ever since, like, 7th grade, I've been a really sociable person, almost friends with everybody, and the people that do know me on a deeper level tend to really, really like me. I'm not one to make enmities but it feels like that is almost inevitable, and there have been a couple of people that really don't like me in the past, for whatever reason, but I was just able to ignore them and move on. Now it feels like I'm having to actually be with said people and I can't escape them, or at least, I can't escape them in any pratical way.

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Well, it's official: I'm back to square one, job-wise. For those that have seen my previous posts, you probably know that I USED to work in a video store dealing with customers all the time to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and I actually got a new job.
That job is now even worse.

Let me explain: The new job I have is essentially custodial work for a bunch of places in an area outside of where I live (takes about 45 minutes to get there by car) with the buildings mainly being funeral homes along with a couple of offices. When I started, I thought it was at least $13 an hour, and I was told that if I did a good job at it, I could make even more, up to $20 an hour. But because the area the buildings are located in happens to be a relatively sketchy area, I work with a couple of other people, mainly for safety reasons. Because of that, I end up getting paid a bit less than usual because the check is split up between us, but I was ultimately okay with it. I didn't have to deal with customers and having more of us meant that we got home earlier (usually).

Well, for some reason, my employer only has me working one day a week, so I don't get paid as much as I would have hoped, but hey, no customers, and the extra free time allows to pursue my interest in technology (particularly game development) so I was more or less completely fine with it.
But recently I learned that they must have changed up some things up a bit, and this is where all the problems start.
Apparently, instead of getting paid by the hour, I now get paid $18 per building. The day I usually work on is the day where we have to clean four buildings (typically the busiest day, hence why I work then). So four buildings would get me about $72, but because there are three of us working, it gets divided between all of us, so I end up only making $24 dollars a week. That's pathetic. So, obviously that combined with travel time simply doesn't make it worth the effort. At all. My old job that I hated actually paid way more and it was literally a five minute drive.

So, it's back to job hunting, which is a major problem for me since I live in a place that has gotten WAY over populated in the last few years (there are so many freakin' new neighborhoods) to the point where they are no good jobs available. The only ones that do exist are customer service related crap and even then the availability is few and far between. Heck, I've already had a few friends that had to move to different states or countries even just because there's no jobs here.

I don't know what to do at this point

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been feeling unusually lonely lately

Even on my days off I don't see anyone.

I've been working on an art project recently which is fun while not going out

But, I kind of wish there was someone to just call up and hang out with.

Doesn't help my days off are Monday and Tuesday

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been feeling unusually lonely lately

Even on my days off I don't see anyone.

I've been working on an art project recently which is fun while not going out

But, I kind of wish there was someone to just call up and hang out with.

Doesn't help my days off are Monday and Tuesday
I'm always happy to talk. :) But SB is a poor substitute for human to human interactions. My off days are Sun-Tues, so I know where you are coming from as far as that goes.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Don't you just hate when you're trying to tell yourself that you can get past something and then you just break down crying?

That's how I feel right now when it comes to trying to move on from my last girlfriend. I'm not going to get into the details about how our relationship ended, but the only thing that needs to be said is that I feel that she was perfect in every way. I'm someone who has a hard time moving on, so you can imagine how much damage a relationship can do to someone like me. I haven't heard or spoken to my ex in 2 months, and while I was initially okay with not being in contact, I've started missing her more and more to the point where it's becoming a major problem in my life. As I was going to my therapist's office yesterday, I nearly crashed my car into a tree because I kept thinking about her and I broke down into tears after parking. It's almost been a year since we broke up, and I still don't understand why I'm still hurt over it.

I'm afraid to open my heart to anyone because I don't want to deal with heartbreak anymore nor do I want to break anyone's heart. I recently met this girl in my college history class, and while I got to know her name, I'm afraid of telling her about who I am. With my last girlfriend, I opened myself up more than I've opened up before and she loved me in no time. The breakup really shook me and made me afraid of the idea of falling in love again. I'm not in love with the idea of being with my ex. I'm still in love with her, and I always have the words "Because I believe in you," play in my head on repeat day in and day out. I've used that to keep myself going in life or when I feel like giving up. It's the reason why I haven't killed myself.

I'm trying to move on, I really am, but I'm still in deep pain from all of this. I'm afraid of opening up and starting a new relationship because I'm afraid that I'll mess it up. I'm just afraid of opening up.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I think it's sad that this thread has twice the amount of replies as the Happy Thread.
It's easier to see the bad stuff in life rather than the good stuff. Or rather, you don't appreciate the good stuff as much until you don't have it. I wouldn't say that all of the posts apply to this, but a good majority do.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
It's the internet. We're cynics. Besides, unhappy thread is more focused on venting about things while the happy thread is for celebration. Happy thread posts are fewer, but people tend not to post unless it is about something really worth celebrating.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Don't you just hate when you're trying to tell yourself that you can get past something and then you just break down crying?

That's how I feel right now when it comes to trying to move on from my last girlfriend. I'm not going to get into the details about how our relationship ended, but the only thing that needs to be said is that I feel that she was perfect in every way. I'm someone who has a hard time moving on, so you can imagine how much damage a relationship can do to someone like me. I haven't heard or spoken to my ex in 2 months, and while I was initially okay with not being in contact, I've started missing her more and more to the point where it's becoming a major problem in my life. As I was going to my therapist's office yesterday, I nearly crashed my car into a tree because I kept thinking about her and I broke down into tears after parking. It's almost been a year since we broke up, and I still don't understand why I'm still hurt over it.

I'm afraid to open my heart to anyone because I don't want to deal with heartbreak anymore nor do I want to break anyone's heart. I recently met this girl in my college history class, and while I got to know her name, I'm afraid of telling her about who I am. With my last girlfriend, I opened myself up more than I've opened up before and she loved me in no time. The breakup really shook me and made me afraid of the idea of falling in love again. I'm not in love with the idea of being with my ex. I'm still in love with her, and I always have the words "Because I believe in you," play in my head on repeat day in and day out. I've used that to keep myself going in life or when I feel like giving up. It's the reason why I haven't killed myself.

I'm trying to move on, I really am, but I'm still in deep pain from all of this. I'm afraid of opening up and starting a new relationship because I'm afraid that I'll mess it up. I'm just afraid of opening up.
Yeah...love bites. I still think of a girl I loved every single day that I hung out with like a best friend whenever we got the chance. We had lazy weekends sitting around and playing Skyward Sword together...she was drop dead gorgeous too believe it or not, svelte body with a very...accentuated chest. Totally my kind of random humor style too. We made random duck puns a lot. Idk why but it was cute.

Too bad one of my best friends banged her behind my back. I didn't have the balls todo something like that apparently she was that kind of girl. We used lay our heads on each others shoulders and doze off watching movies...i just wanted something like that.

And i wasn't even dating her that whole time which is worse cause I would have rather had a relationship with her than nothing at all.

I miss her so much. I even tried messaging her bot too long ago and it was like talking to a robot. Like all the life in her was sucked out and away. I can't even had a good conversation with her anymore and she just "sees" any messages asking if anything is wrong or one words me "no" "all good just tired"

Sorry I got sidetracked, my goal is to find a gf in the next 3 months before nursing school starts again but it's looking bleak with 0 female contacts atm.

But my advice is to just keep occupied with work and goal oriented task. I'm working 45 hour weeks at many part time jobs. I tend to only regress and think about my lost friend when i get bored. Or even watch Netflix, I get sucked in watching Dexter and thinking of their conflicts, not mine.

Incidentally, I am applying as a crisis hotline worker in the next few weeks where I may receive some apparently fantastic training on suicide prevention. I know a little bit from my year of schooling about it, but can still learn much more. If anyone ever wants to talk about it and they feel that way...pm me. Especially if I get that hotline training maybe a month from now if all goes well?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Yeah...love bites. I still think of a girl I loved every single day that I hung out with like a best friend whenever we got the chance. We had lazy weekends sitting around and playing Skyward Sword together...she was drop dead gorgeous too believe it or not, svelte body with a very...accentuated chest. Totally my kind of random humor style too. We made random duck puns a lot. Idk why but it was cute.

Too bad one of my best friends banged her behind my back. I didn't have the balls todo something like that apparently she was that kind of girl. We used lay our heads on each others shoulders and doze off watching movies...i just wanted something like that.

And i wasn't even dating her that whole time which is worse cause I would have rather had a relationship with her than nothing at all.

I miss her so much. I even tried messaging her bot too long ago and it was like talking to a robot. Like all the life in her was sucked out and away. I can't even had a good conversation with her anymore and she just "sees" any messages asking if anything is wrong or one words me "no" "all good just tired"

Sorry I got sidetracked, my goal is to find a gf in the next 3 months before nursing school starts again but it's looking bleak with 0 female contacts atm.

But my advice is to just keep occupied with work and goal oriented task. I'm working 45 hour weeks at many part time jobs. I tend to only regress and think about my lost friend when i get bored. Or even watch Netflix, I get sucked in watching Dexter and thinking of their conflicts, not mine.

Incidentally, I am applying as a crisis hotline worker in the next few weeks where I may receive some apparently fantastic training on suicide prevention. I know a little bit from my year of schooling about it, but can still learn much more. If anyone ever wants to talk about it and they feel that way...pm me. Especially if I get that hotline training maybe a month from now if all goes well?
I don't think you should set a time limit on finding a new person. All that does is make things more frustrating. Believe me, I know from experience.

I apologize for this, but that girl is a ***** for doing that. If she wanted to do that stuff with you, she should have just tried to communicate with you about it instead of just doing all these things and hoping for it. Anyone that does that loses my respect.

I wish you luck with that application. And yeah, I'll PM you if that happens. Thank you for the offer.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I don't think you should set a time limit on finding a new person. All that does is make things more frustrating. Believe me, I know from experience.

I apologize for this, but that girl is a ***** for doing that. If she wanted to do that stuff with you, she should have just tried to communicate with you about it instead of just doing all these things and hoping for it. Anyone that does that loses my respect.

I wish you luck with that application. And yeah, I'll PM you if that happens. Thank you for the offer.
Apparently she wanted FWB, (which I am pretty opposed to flatout sex btw, the stuff below that is ok...). You're right though, she never relayed that info to me once.

I'm just setting that kind of window because I want to be dating by the time school starts in January. I want someone to help emotionally support me as I go through the next two straight semesters until August. I just really want that person I can talk to to relieve my stress levels, help me study, etc. I've already failed once (due to an unfair accusation from my clinical instructor of not doing well enough that I won from my appeal. Still set me back a year). Then I almost failed again because i failed to do a lab skill correctly last semester (I was aceing everything else like patient interaction, med knowledge, etc). In my final interview for the semester, my (new) clinical instructor listed one of my weaknesses (ok my only one listed the rest was just 'fantastic improvement since first clinical') as 'needs to engage in more self care to prevent burnout'.

Yep. I don't relieve stress well enough. So true. The day after I finished clinical and it was 2 months until my lab skill, I just studied more, constantly. Why? I have no friends who wanted to go out and do something fun (sides smoke pot and drink, I drink rarely but I'm not using that as a crutch for de stressing all the time. As a matter of fact, if I drink and I'm not having fun, I get even more stressed and upset...opposite if I am having fun, I'm the life of the party.) I want a gf so i can find someone to talk to, go do fun things with, even just lay in eachothers arms and hang out together some nights...that will definitely de stress me. I pretty much just ended up playing video games, gym...write my fanfic occasionally. That's about it. Got repetitive very quick and thus I got stressed again.

How do i even manage to type paragraphs everytime I visit here...boy I must have baggage :p

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Apparently she wanted FWB, (which I am pretty opposed to flatout sex btw, the stuff below that is ok...). You're right though, she never relayed that info to me once.

I'm just setting that kind of window because I want to be dating by the time school starts in January. I want someone to help emotionally support me as I go through the next two straight semesters until August. I just really want that person I can talk to to relieve my stress levels, help me study, etc. I've already failed once (due to an unfair accusation from my clinical instructor of not doing well enough that I won from my appeal. Still set me back a year). Then I almost failed again because i failed to do a lab skill correctly last semester (I was aceing everything else like patient interaction, med knowledge, etc). In my final interview for the semester, my (new) clinical instructor listed one of my weaknesses (ok my only one listed the rest was just 'fantastic improvement since first clinical') as 'needs to engage in more self care to prevent burnout'.

Yep. I don't relieve stress well enough. So true. The day after I finished clinical and it was 2 months until my lab skill, I just studied more, constantly. Why? I have no friends who wanted to go out and do something fun (sides smoke pot and drink, I drink rarely but I'm not using that as a crutch for de stressing all the time. As a matter of fact, if I drink and I'm not having fun, I get even more stressed and upset...opposite if I am having fun, I'm the life of the party.) I want a gf so i can find someone to talk to, go do fun things with, even just lay in eachothers arms and hang out together some nights...that will definitely de stress me. I pretty much just ended up playing video games, gym...write my fanfic occasionally. That's about it. Got repetitive very quick and thus I got stressed again.

How do i even manage to type paragraphs everytime I visit here...boy I must have baggage :p
Yo, I feel you. I do have friends, but either they're too busy with college, or too far away to meet up with. Some of my best friends are states away. That sucks when you want someone to talk to, but they're 3 hours plus away. It's even worse when you're in your first year of college (which I am), and you haven't really found anyone to talk with. I'm not living on campus, hence why I don't know many people at my school. Plus, my schedule's pretty limiting for the most part, so I can't really go anywhere during the week.

I totally understand how you feel about wanting a girlfriend for the reasons you stated. I'm generally the same way. Heck, when I was with my ex, we talked a lot and emotionally supported each other. Even after we broke up, she still emotionally supported me. Nowadays, I don't have that luxury. When I want to date someone, I want to have a committed, long term relationship. I'm not into meeting people to only date them for a month at least. That's just not the kind of person I am. You're either with me for the long run, or you're not. The sad part is that people my age (18), aren't ready for that. As much as I love my ex, I realize that she wasn't ready for that kind of relationship. It's why I'm closing myself off from dating for a good few years until I meet someone who wants a committed relationship as much as I do. I remember my ex saying that I'll "meet the perfect girl in college" not long after we broke up. I don't know if she still believes that or not, but I can't help but wonder if she's right or not.

I've only been in college for a month now, and most of it is just me going to my classes, doing my homework, studying, and doing whatever I want afterwards. When it comes to my social life in the real world, it's non-existent outside of my family and my therapist every other week. I don't think there's a video game club at my college, and I would be looking for a superhero club, but from my experience, talking about superheroes sucks if you're talking to someone who prefers another company. It's why I don't talk to DC fans that often, since most of them don't want to talk to me when I say I'm a Marvel guy. But that's a topic for another day. Beyond the routine that I mentioned, I mostly just spend my time thinking to myself about what I want to do in life. I would be writing fan fiction, but I don't have the time or energy to do that because I think really deeply about my storylines before I actually translate them to paper.

Maybe it's baggage, or maybe it's because you like to express yourself through writing. I'm generally like that. Unless you know me, I wouldn't be saying most of this stuff. I'd just be silent and let someone else talk. Don't worry about it too much, man.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I am on the verge of quitting Smash altogether.
Lately, I've been on such a spectacular losing streak that it would put casual players on For Glory to shame. In fact, that's who I've been losing to. For the past two weeks, I have been playing Smash again, training with my characters and picking up new ones. Now, keep in mind that I've never been a terrible player. I could win a few matches when I'm really into it.
But this losing streak... it's tearing me up. This is the second time I've wanted to rip my controller in half. I'm losing to good people (which I don't mind as much), and worse yet, I'm losing to people who spam smash attacks and generally have no idea what they're doing. I've been making a complete fool of myself online. I can't even win with my BEST CHARACTER. And I've been maining Cloud since he came out for crying out loud! That's an entire YEAR of practice with this character. It's embarrassing, it's depressing, it's frustrating, and I don't know if I'm going to get any better. I've been noticing with games recently that no matter how much practice I get, it does nothing. For whatever reason, none of it registers to me. For instance, I've been playing Overwatch since it's release date, which is five months. Now, throughout those five months, you expect to get better at the game. You know, improved aiming, better awareness, team collaboration, etc. But NOPE. I'm almost just as bad now as when I started. There are some times where I style on people in Smash, and I have no idea what I did. After that, it's like that burning fire of a player that I could be just vanishes, and I lose. I kid you not, if I accidentally style on someone at the beginning of a match, I always lose. It's like I can only be good for certain periods of time, and then it just disappears. "That's enough kid, you've been good for long enough, now go back to sucking."

It's driving me insane for two reasons. Reason number one: I really, really want to be good at this game. I truly 100% want to be -at the very least- a competent player. I watch tournaments like Glitch, Smashcon, Xanadu, and the weekly Smash Conferences down in Florida. I look at these players, and in a way I look up to them in the sense that "That's going to be me in the future". So being utter garbage at this game with certain moments sprinkled throughout is heartbreaking. Have you ever had a dream that was crushed by something? That's how this feels.

Reason 2: Video games are pretty much all I have. They're my life. I don't really like anything else, my love life is nonexistent (a topic for another time), all my friends play them, and I enjoy them to an immense degree. The immersion, the music, the atmosphere... everything. Nothing on this Earth has topped my enjoyment of video games, and nothing will come close. I hate sports (especially team sports), being social isn't my forte, and all the school clubs are stupid. I am a firm believer that there is nothing else in this world that I will get enjoyment or entertainment out of. I mean, I play an instrument which is fine, but it's getting boring and I can't switch until after I get straight A's on my first quarter report card, which is a ways off and nearly impossible with AP US History. So to recap, I hate sports, I have no girlfriend, I have no outside friends, and I think all the school clubs are dumb. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. If I suck at the very thing -the only thing- I love to do, where does that leave me? I'm already one-dimensional as it stands, but at least video games gave me some character.

*Sigh* I just don't know what to do anymore...

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I am on the verge of quitting Smash altogether.
Lately, I've been on such a spectacular losing streak that it would put casual players on For Glory to shame. In fact, that's who I've been losing to. For the past two weeks, I have been playing Smash again, training with my characters and picking up new ones. Now, keep in mind that I've never been a terrible player. I could win a few matches when I'm really into it.
But this losing streak... it's tearing me up. This is the second time I've wanted to rip my controller in half. I'm losing to good people (which I don't mind as much), and worse yet, I'm losing to people who spam smash attacks and generally have no idea what they're doing. I've been making a complete fool of myself online. I can't even win with my BEST CHARACTER. And I've been maining Cloud since he came out for crying out loud! That's an entire YEAR of practice with this character. It's embarrassing, it's depressing, it's frustrating, and I don't know if I'm going to get any better. I've been noticing with games recently that no matter how much practice I get, it does nothing. For whatever reason, none of it registers to me. For instance, I've been playing Overwatch since it's release date, which is five months. Now, throughout those five months, you expect to get better at the game. You know, improved aiming, better awareness, team collaboration, etc. But NOPE. I'm almost just as bad now as when I started. There are some times where I style on people in Smash, and I have no idea what I did. After that, it's like that burning fire of a player that I could be just vanishes, and I lose. I kid you not, if I accidentally style on someone at the beginning of a match, I always lose. It's like I can only be good for certain periods of time, and then it just disappears. "That's enough kid, you've been good for long enough, now go back to sucking."

It's driving me insane for two reasons. Reason number one: I really, really want to be good at this game. I truly 100% want to be -at the very least- a competent player. I watch tournaments like Glitch, Smashcon, Xanadu, and the weekly Smash Conferences down in Florida. I look at these players, and in a way I look up to them in the sense that "That's going to be me in the future". So being utter garbage at this game with certain moments sprinkled throughout is heartbreaking. Have you ever had a dream that was crushed by something? That's how this feels.

Reason 2: Video games are pretty much all I have. They're my life. I don't really like anything else, my love life is nonexistent (a topic for another time), all my friends play them, and I enjoy them to an immense degree. The immersion, the music, the atmosphere... everything. Nothing on this Earth has topped my enjoyment of video games, and nothing will come close. I hate sports (especially team sports), being social isn't my forte, and all the school clubs are stupid. I am a firm believer that there is nothing else in this world that I will get enjoyment or entertainment out of. I mean, I play an instrument which is fine, but it's getting boring and I can't switch until after I get straight A's on my first quarter report card, which is a ways off and nearly impossible with AP US History. So to recap, I hate sports, I have no girlfriend, I have no outside friends, and I think all the school clubs are dumb. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. If I suck at the very thing -the only thing- I love to do, where does that leave me? I'm already one-dimensional as it stands, but at least video games gave me some character.

*Sigh* I just don't know what to do anymore...
I know that feel all too well bro. I would recommend one of these 3 options:

1. Stop trying to "git gud". At a certain point, the game stops being fun and starts to become more about winning. I would take a step back and ask "Why do I like this game?" If it's because you like winning, you shouldn't be playing smash in the first place. Play something like DOTA or League of Legends, where people will help you try to win. The victory screen at the end of those games feels so good. But, if you like smash for any other reason than winning, I encourage you to just relax and not get so worked up about a loss to something stupid. Just laugh it off.

2. Try harder at "gitting gud". Don't take breaks from smash, try to play at least a few matches every day. Watch top player videos and guides to your favorite character and try to learn how to counter the stupid stuff that people spam on FG.

3. Find something that you love to do outside of video games. You might be surprised, I found a passion for cooking about a year ago and have loved it ever since. Another fun thing to do is join (or start) an after school club relevant to your interests. Anime, Video Games, Books, whatever you want, I'm sure some teacher wouldn't mind it. Or if staying after school isn't your thing, take some time out of your day to try and look up things to do in your town/city/whatever. Or just get your friends together and screw around. Go out shopping, or just loiter around some stores until they kick you out. One of my favorite things to do is to go to thrift stores and just take a look at the stupid crap they're selling. Point is, find something that you find fun to do, other than video games.

Hope it goes well man.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I know that feel all too well bro. I would recommend one of these 3 options:

1. Stop trying to "git gud". At a certain point, the game stops being fun and starts to become more about winning. I would take a step back and ask "Why do I like this game?" If it's because you like winning, you shouldn't be playing smash in the first place. Play something like DOTA or League of Legends, where people will help you try to win. The victory screen at the end of those games feels so good. But, if you like smash for any other reason than winning, I encourage you to just relax and not get so worked up about a loss to something stupid. Just laugh it off.

2. Try harder at "gitting gud". Don't take breaks from smash, try to play at least a few matches every day. Watch top player videos and guides to your favorite character and try to learn how to counter the stupid stuff that people spam on FG.

3. Find something that you love to do outside of video games. You might be surprised, I found a passion for cooking about a year ago and have loved it ever since. Another fun thing to do is join (or start) an after school club relevant to your interests. Anime, Video Games, Books, whatever you want, I'm sure some teacher wouldn't mind it. Or if staying after school isn't your thing, take some time out of your day to try and look up things to do in your town/city/whatever. Or just get your friends together and screw around. Go out shopping, or just loiter around some stores until they kick you out. One of my favorite things to do is to go to thrift stores and just take a look at the stupid crap they're selling. Point is, find something that you find fun to do, other than video games.

Hope it goes well man.
Thanks. Admittedly, I take things kind of far when I'm upset. After an hour or so it calms down. I just look back at myself and laugh at how stupid my teenage temper-tantrum was (I'm not afraid to call it what it is xD).
You're absolutely right, though. I shouldn't really focus on how well I'm doing or how much I'm winning. I just need to take a deep breath, relax, and just enjoy the game. If I lose... so what? There's always next time. I love the characters I play. Especially Sheik. I picked her up recently, and it was almost an immediate click. I was deterred a little bit by the fact that Sheik mains are all over the place, but her fighting style is just so fast-paced and enjoyable. Comboing people relentlessly, the satisfying Bouncing Fish kills... It's so much fun. (The more and more I talk positive, the stupider that post looks. I'm nearly at the brink of laughing IRL)
And it really isn't the case of being terrible at the game either. I know my techs, combos, and other things, I'm just not using them appropriately. I have noticed that being on auto-pilot seems to be a definite problem for me though. Something else to work on, I suppose (I'll probably need to start detoxing, my diet is horrid most of the time which can cause your brain to slow down or not work properly). And... while it's true my love life is basically nonexistent, that doesn't mean I don't know something (or someone ;)) to fix that. It's all up to me whether or not I decide to take it somewhere or not.

Thanks again for your advice though. Now that I'm not thinking illogically I'll definitely take a look at some other things you said.
TEMPER TANTRUMS! AREN'T THEY WONDERFUL? xD
(Jeez, if I wasn't in high school people would mistake me for a mature-sounding fourth-grader xD)

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I have so much college work to do, plus I just caught a cold and can't stop coughing. It feels like my summer vacation was 10 years ago :crying:.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I'm in an emotional rut right now. Part of me really wants to continue chasing after this girl I mentioned last week, and another wants to just give up.

See, I've had about three years of talking to girls and trying to get them to like me, and this year was no different. I found one I thought I'd like, and decided to talk to her. No big deal, I just had a mindset switch, so I was all "Yeah! This'll be great!". And to an extent I still do, but... then I started noticing similarities between this year and the years before. I've been going at this from different angles for the past three years, but it's like the longitudinal lines on a globe. No matter which line you choose, they all meet at one point. I've gotten the same expressions, the same tone of voice, the same body language, etc. out of this girl that I got out of the other girls I've talked to. The blushy smile (although this time she looks wide-eyed, not that it affects much), the same holding of the hands close to her body, the same fiddling around with things in her hands, the same trying to make me laugh as all the other girls to make her feel less 'nervous'. It's not her that's making me rethink this whole idea, it's the striking similarities between now and then.

I would love to eventually start hanging out with her, but I can't seem to get past the feeling that she'll start and end like all the others. She'll start off 'liking' me, then when we talk more she'll get comfortable but won't talk on her own. After three months of this, she'll probably act the same way she did when we first met. I'll probably ask for her number at some point, which will trigger a surprised reaction, but nothing else. After that, my feelings may be growing, but in my gut I have a feeling she isn't nearly feeling the same way. When I try to talk about it, she'll probably just shut it down. She'll become content, and never talk unless prompted. She may want to talk to me, but she just... doesn't. The truth is, she will probably lose any interest she could possibly have long before anything of note happens. Eventually, I give up in frustration and may end up not talking to her. I know this is just ridiculous speculation, because how could I possibly know what is going to happen? "You haven't talked to her for more than a week, and you're already assuming what's going to happen within THREE MONTHS from now? That's absurd!" Some of you may be saying. And you're absolutely right. I don't deny this is basically the equivalent to romantic heresy, but hear me out.

The fact of the matter is that I've gone through this exact process, one step after another, with every girl I've ever been interested in. No joke. All of them have been exactly like my prediction above. Sure, one of them I've actually become friends with, but even still, she followed the same steps. She led me on for almost two years through this process. And don't get me wrong, she's a great friend -one of the best I've had- but she still started out that way. Who's to say this girl right now WON'T go through this process? I think it's a lot more likely then what I feel comfortable with. Guys, I really, really want to believe she'll be the black sheep in all of this. The one to break the seemingly endless cycle of lead-ons that every girl I've ever liked felt the need to role out. I really want to believe it. She's cute, perky, talented, and likes to laugh, but all of that is meaningless is she's just going to lead me on like all the others. I've been hurt by this cycle. I really have. I don't want to go into it again for all my hard work, effort, money, and time to be wasted. To work really hard, only to have the "False alarm" light to go on. When that happens... it's just disheartening, and I slowly start to withdraw back into my little box. More times than I can count, I've contemplated just staying single the rest of my life because I'm starting to genuinely think that girls can't help but lead me on. And I know deep down that that isn't true... but life experiences speak otherwise. After all, seeing is believing. For better or worse.

I'm just so fed up with the heartache. I'm fed up with girls who basically refuse to talk to me even though I've talked to them every day for three months. I mean, is a little bit of feedback too much to ask? Ladies, we're men, not mind readers. You have to do SOMETHING to try and get the point across, considering body language is basically useless in my case. I don't want to believe that every girl I'll ever meet who I like will lead me on, but I can't help remembering past experiences. Not a single one of those experiences -bar one- has been worth my time. I've lost my persistence, I've lost my patience, and I've nearly lost my incentive. Some of you will look at this and say "You're just being overly dramatic." I don't disagree, but you have to see this from my perspective. I was born a very emotionally sensitive child, and that holds true today. It's difficult to control my emotions, and I don't take pain very well. Even just a small amount of pain. Each little bit of pain feels like a paper cut, but sticks like a scar. So big things like this plus the amplified effects of emotions due to being a teenager absolutely kill me inside. It's so hard for me.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm in an emotional rut right now. Part of me really wants to continue chasing after this girl I mentioned last week, and another wants to just give up.

See, I've had about three years of talking to girls and trying to get them to like me, and this year was no different. I found one I thought I'd like, and decided to talk to her. No big deal, I just had a mindset switch, so I was all "Yeah! This'll be great!". And to an extent I still do, but... then I started noticing similarities between this year and the years before. I've been going at this from different angles for the past three years, but it's like the longitudinal lines on a globe. No matter which line you choose, they all meet at one point. I've gotten the same expressions, the same tone of voice, the same body language, etc. out of this girl that I got out of the other girls I've talked to. The blushy smile (although this time she looks wide-eyed, not that it affects much), the same holding of the hands close to her body, the same fiddling around with things in her hands, the same trying to make me laugh as all the other girls to make her feel less 'nervous'. It's not her that's making me rethink this whole idea, it's the striking similarities between now and then.

I would love to eventually start hanging out with her, but I can't seem to get past the feeling that she'll start and end like all the others. She'll start off 'liking' me, then when we talk more she'll get comfortable but won't talk on her own. After three months of this, she'll probably act the same way she did when we first met. I'll probably ask for her number at some point, which will trigger a surprised reaction, but nothing else. After that, my feelings may be growing, but in my gut I have a feeling she isn't nearly feeling the same way. When I try to talk about it, she'll probably just shut it down. She'll become content, and never talk unless prompted. She may want to talk to me, but she just... doesn't. The truth is, she will probably lose any interest she could possibly have long before anything of note happens. Eventually, I give up in frustration and may end up not talking to her. I know this is just ridiculous speculation, because how could I possibly know what is going to happen? "You haven't talked to her for more than a week, and you're already assuming what's going to happen within THREE MONTHS from now? That's absurd!" Some of you may be saying. And you're absolutely right. I don't deny this is basically the equivalent to romantic heresy, but hear me out.

The fact of the matter is that I've gone through this exact process, one step after another, with every girl I've ever been interested in. No joke. All of them have been exactly like my prediction above. Sure, one of them I've actually become friends with, but even still, she followed the same steps. She led me on for almost two years through this process. And don't get me wrong, she's a great friend -one of the best I've had- but she still started out that way. Who's to say this girl right now WON'T go through this process? I think it's a lot more likely then what I feel comfortable with. Guys, I really, really want to believe she'll be the black sheep in all of this. The one to break the seemingly endless cycle of lead-ons that every girl I've ever liked felt the need to role out. I really want to believe it. She's cute, perky, talented, and likes to laugh, but all of that is meaningless is she's just going to lead me on like all the others. I've been hurt by this cycle. I really have. I don't want to go into it again for all my hard work, effort, money, and time to be wasted. To work really hard, only to have the "False alarm" light to go on. When that happens... it's just disheartening, and I slowly start to withdraw back into my little box. More times than I can count, I've contemplated just staying single the rest of my life because I'm starting to genuinely think that girls can't help but lead me on. And I know deep down that that isn't true... but life experiences speak otherwise. After all, seeing is believing. For better or worse.

I'm just so fed up with the heartache. I'm fed up with girls who basically refuse to talk to me even though I've talked to them every day for three months. I mean, is a little bit of feedback too much to ask? Ladies, we're men, not mind readers. You have to do SOMETHING to try and get the point across, considering body language is basically useless in my case. I don't want to believe that every girl I'll ever meet who I like will lead me on, but I can't help remembering past experiences. Not a single one of those experiences -bar one- has been worth my time. I've lost my persistence, I've lost my patience, and I've nearly lost my incentive. Some of you will look at this and say "You're just being overly dramatic." I don't disagree, but you have to see this from my perspective. I was born a very emotionally sensitive child, and that holds true today. It's difficult to control my emotions, and I don't take pain very well. Even just a small amount of pain. Each little bit of pain feels like a paper cut, but sticks like a scar. So big things like this plus the amplified effects of emotions due to being a teenager absolutely kill me inside. It's so hard for me.
Buddy, I feel you. I know exactly what you're going through, and I'm an emotionally sensitive person as well. Here's some advice when it comes to girls:
Girls like it when guys are direct with them. If you like her, tell her that. More often than not, we'll think that they're leading us on, only for that to not be the case. Believe me, I've been there, and it's pretty soul-crushing when it does happen. Girls often like to have a guy who can take charge and be strong mentally, physically, and emotionally, and as you established, you're emotionally sensitive, so you're already at a disadvantage. Don't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes being emotionally sensitive will benefit you when you get into an actual relationship because you'll be able to identify the girl's feelings more easily and be able to comfort them.

I understand that you want to slowly build a relationship/friendship up, but you can't be too slow on establishing your feelings. I'd say you should at least spend a month getting to know if you want to be in a relationship with her and two months at the very most. Or maybe she's not that interested in you. She may have had some interest when you first met, but she probably lost that over time. It's really hard to come to that realization, but I've been rejected a lot before I started to get more confident when talking to girls. It took me years to finally get comfortable with talking to girls, but even now, I'm still learning a lot about them.

Look man, I can relate to you on this issue on a deeply personal level. If you ever want to talk more about this, feel free to PM me. I'll support you in the best way I can.

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
I always end up with broken people. Seriously, every relationship I get into, yhe girl either has depression, or is some crazy schizo.
I could benefit from a little bit more normal in my life.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I just quit my relatively well-paying job because I just didn't feel I was going much further with it. Working with my boss was stressing me out. I live with my parents and I haven't told them yet. I've got enough money to get by for at least another year or so. I want to take a break and focus more on my physical health and trying to get out to more tourneys. I don't want to take more than a month of break without doing anything productive though.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I just quit my relatively well-paying job because I just didn't feel I was going much further with it. Working with my boss was stressing me out. I live with my parents and I haven't told them yet. I've got enough money to get by for at least another year or so. I want to take a break and focus more on my physical health and trying to get out to more tourneys. I don't want to take more than a month of break without doing anything productive though.
:link:
Don't blame you, friend. . . I did something similar, because I wasn't meshing well mentally with what I was / am doing and where I was / am in life right now. Living completely unhappy, and not being able to do the things that make you feel alive. . . And I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but money isn't worth that price. Considering you seem to have a considerable amount of money to hold you over for a while, I personally support you in taking some time off, re-evaluating and making moves towards something better in the days / months to come. . . Life is way too short to spend a large part of it doing things that aren't even lively to yourself.

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Got a fare evasion ticket today for using someone else's upass. Have to pay $174. The transit officer said "no one will know about it, no cops, no criminal record" but of course I get an anxiety attack anyways and think I will get one despite the officer's word. I hate my anxiety.

Im fine with paying the ticket, lesson learned. Just no criminal record...that would ruin my life.

And I'm handing in my passport paperwork tomorrow along with a criminal records check for my volunteer work. Of course, officer said no criminal charges but of course i worry...

Edit:Because I was having panic attacks, I sent an email to the fare infraction office asking if i would get a criminal charge. They said it wasn't a criminal offence. Praise ****ing Canada. Now I can just pay my fee and learn my lesson the fair way.

Yet I still get little pangs of worry something might change and all of the sudden I'm in court. This won't clear until the ticket actually appears online and i get to pay it..been refreshing once every few hours for a few days now -.-

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So, I pose this more as a question then a rant, and I hope you guys come through and help me like you always do.
A couple weeks ago, if some of you remember, I was talking about my newest interest/crush(this is starting to reel of deja-vu). She's nice, talented, cute, and really seems to like me back. Or does she?

Here's the story. So, for the past two-three weeks we've been walking from band together, talking and having fun. I genuinely think she has been enjoying talking with me and so I thought Friday was a good time to ask her to walk with me after school as well. A simple harmless question: "Would you mind waiting up after school for me so we can walk to the library?" I was ecstatic when I heard her say 'Sure', but there was one thing that kept my heart from leaping out of my chest and kept my cheeks from bursting into a deep red hue. Her expression. It was a very uncomfortable look. Her voice said yes, but her eyes were very unsure. "I probably caught her off guard, or maybe she was making herself do it to be braver, because she wanted to do it" is what I told myself, and I left it at that. I didn't think anything of it until a couple days ago, when she didn't wait for me to get my stuff together so we could walk (I play bass clarinet and she plays flute, so I have to put my stuff away before finally going back in the band room and grabbing my stuff.

Again, it was a harmless thing. Yes, she usually slows herself so we can walk together, but I told myself she was just in a hurry, or wanted to talk with another one of her friends. So I let it go. Then today it happened again. She kind of looked at me the way she usually does, but still seemed hurried to get out the door. I'm starting to think she's trying to avoid me. But the question is: Why? What prompted this sudden change? How did she go from wanting to talk with me to not wanting to at all? (And to an extent, I suppose, why does this KEEP happening. This is the third girl who's done this.) Tomorrow will be the deciding factor of whether or not this whole thing ends, because I don't have any other way to talk with her at any point in the day. Why do girls always do this? I've gone from being kinda depressed about it to burning rage when I think about the whole topic of relationships in general because of how many girls have done this to me. I want to stop trying.

(Sorry for the three paragraph read, I needed to explain everything to get my point across. Thanks for reading all/most of it)

FallenHero

Smash Ace
So, I pose this more as a question then a rant, and I hope you guys come through and help me like you always do.
A couple weeks ago, if some of you remember, I was talking about my newest interest/crush(this is starting to reel of deja-vu). She's nice, talented, cute, and really seems to like me back. Or does she?

Here's the story. So, for the past two-three weeks we've been walking from band together, talking and having fun. I genuinely think she has been enjoying talking with me and so I thought Friday was a good time to ask her to walk with me after school as well. A simple harmless question: "Would you mind waiting up after school for me so we can walk to the library?" I was ecstatic when I heard her say 'Sure', but there was one thing that kept my heart from leaping out of my chest and kept my cheeks from bursting into a deep red hue. Her expression. It was a very uncomfortable look. Her voice said yes, but her eyes were very unsure. "I probably caught her off guard, or maybe she was making herself do it to be braver, because she wanted to do it" is what I told myself, and I left it at that. I didn't think anything of it until a couple days ago, when she didn't wait for me to get my stuff together so we could walk (I play bass clarinet and she plays flute, so I have to put my stuff away before finally going back in the band room and grabbing my stuff.

Again, it was a harmless thing. Yes, she usually slows herself so we can walk together, but I told myself she was just in a hurry, or wanted to talk with another one of her friends. So I let it go. Then today it happened again. She kind of looked at me the way she usually does, but still seemed hurried to get out the door. I'm starting to think she's trying to avoid me. But the question is: Why? What prompted this sudden change? How did she go from wanting to talk with me to not wanting to at all? (And to an extent, I suppose, why does this KEEP happening. This is the third girl who's done this.) Tomorrow will be the deciding factor of whether or not this whole thing ends, because I don't have any other way to talk with her at any point in the day. Why do girls always do this? I've gone from being kinda depressed about it to burning rage when I think about the whole topic of relationships in general because of how many girls have done this to me. I want to stop trying.

(Sorry for the three paragraph read, I needed to explain everything to get my point across. Thanks for reading all/most of it)
Does this girl know about how you feel about her? If you never went out of your way to let her know, then asking her to wait for you might have made it really obvious to her. She might be acting that way, because once she realized that you like her, she decided she should distance herself from you so that she doesn't have to tell you to your face that she doesn't feel the same. DO NOT take this as me saying that is exactly what is happening and why she is doing it, but I've had that happen to me before and have a lot of friends who had the same thing happen to them.

I know this is easier said than done, but at this point I feel like you should just prepare yourself to be disappointed. If it does end up happening to you again, just do your best to not think about it by distracting yourself with other things. I'm sorry if I sound really pessimistic, because all my life I have not had good luck with girls at all, which has pretty much made me desensitized to rejection.

Top Bottom