• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
So, I pose this more as a question then a rant, and I hope you guys come through and help me like you always do.
A couple weeks ago, if some of you remember, I was talking about my newest interest/crush(this is starting to reel of deja-vu). She's nice, talented, cute, and really seems to like me back. Or does she?

Here's the story. So, for the past two-three weeks we've been walking from band together, talking and having fun. I genuinely think she has been enjoying talking with me and so I thought Friday was a good time to ask her to walk with me after school as well. A simple harmless question: "Would you mind waiting up after school for me so we can walk to the library?" I was ecstatic when I heard her say 'Sure', but there was one thing that kept my heart from leaping out of my chest and kept my cheeks from bursting into a deep red hue. Her expression. It was a very uncomfortable look. Her voice said yes, but her eyes were very unsure. "I probably caught her off guard, or maybe she was making herself do it to be braver, because she wanted to do it" is what I told myself, and I left it at that. I didn't think anything of it until a couple days ago, when she didn't wait for me to get my stuff together so we could walk (I play bass clarinet and she plays flute, so I have to put my stuff away before finally going back in the band room and grabbing my stuff.

Again, it was a harmless thing. Yes, she usually slows herself so we can walk together, but I told myself she was just in a hurry, or wanted to talk with another one of her friends. So I let it go. Then today it happened again. She kind of looked at me the way she usually does, but still seemed hurried to get out the door. I'm starting to think she's trying to avoid me. But the question is: Why? What prompted this sudden change? How did she go from wanting to talk with me to not wanting to at all? (And to an extent, I suppose, why does this KEEP happening. This is the third girl who's done this.) Tomorrow will be the deciding factor of whether or not this whole thing ends, because I don't have any other way to talk with her at any point in the day. Why do girls always do this? I've gone from being kinda depressed about it to burning rage when I think about the whole topic of relationships in general because of how many girls have done this to me. I want to stop trying.

(Sorry for the three paragraph read, I needed to explain everything to get my point across. Thanks for reading all/most of it)
It seems like you get too close too quick, you might just want to give her space. Maybe I'm simplifying it too much, but that's what it seems to be.

But if you ever talk to her about how you feel, be prepared. Watch this video, it tells you everything you need to know about being rejected.

Good luck bro, hopefully you won't have to use any of this advice.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
It seems like you get too close too quick, you might just want to give her space. Maybe I'm simplifying it too much, but that's what it seems to be.

But if you ever talk to her about how you feel, be prepared. Watch this video, it tells you everything you need to know about being rejected.

I remember I linked that same exact video on this thread like two months ago. Geekdom is a pretty good Dragon Ball youtuber. Anyways, that video kind of helped me a bit when I ended up getting rejected by the last girl I tried to go for.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID

I'll look at the video. I probably will have to use the advice. Maybe not with her because we're not talking anymore, but with every girl I'll ever like it seems. Maybe I'm just not meant to date? I mean, I play video games a lot, and the only other thing I enjoy is music, so I don't have much to get people attracted to me... Maybe I'll just end up being that guy who gets a job he likes, and then devotes all of his time to it. Maybe I'm meant to invent something, or innovate something. People like that usually end up being single anyway because they're so caught up in their work they don't have time to form bonds. Maybe I'll even become a successful Youtuber, or professional Smash player, or something. After all, I'm a strong believer in "When one door closes, another opens", so I guess this is one of those times. I've started to not be able to see myself with a girlfriend. I used to, but now it just seems weird, awkward and distant... The girls I like deserve better, I suppose. They're all awesome, and I don't have anything to offer. Y'know, I think that's what I'll do. I'm getting Oboe lessons soon, so once I get those, I'll devote myself to being good at that. Maybe then I won't have time to worry about dating or relationships. If I can be successful at something, it might as well be something realistic rather than my idiotic fantasies.

Well, that was depressing. Sorry you guys had to read that stuff above, it's been hard for me lately with that topic. I'm going to go listen to some happy music or go play Smash a bit. I picked up a new character (Lucas) that I'm going to take to an upcoming local tournament on the 5th. I'm hyped for that, along with Sun and Moon coming out in about a month and the new volume of RWBY coming out today. The new character designs are awesome.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
They're all awesome, and I don't have anything to offer.

I'm getting Oboe lessons soon, so once I get those, I'll devote myself to being good at that.
2 Things:
1. I'm sure you have something good to offer. A nice personality goes a long way, you don't need many skills or money to have a girlfriend. Please don't think that you HAVE to be the best person ever just to get a date.
2. Good luck, Oboe is ****ing stupid and dumb and no human should ever endure the pain that was 6th/7th grade band. oops that got a little to real for me for a second.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
2 Things:
1. I'm sure you have something good to offer. A nice personality goes a long way, you don't need many skills or money to have a girlfriend. Please don't think that you HAVE to be the best person ever just to get a date.
2. Good luck, Oboe is ****ing stupid and dumb and no human should ever endure the pain that was 6th/7th grade band. oops that got a little to real for me for a second.
Thanks for the support, but girls around here tend to focus more on the "Oh my God he plays video games" thing than anything else. Personality doesn't matter much unless they're just as much of a geek as I am. And that's why only one of the people I've had a crush on is still a friend of mine. I mean, come on. What normal girl would go out with a guy -good personality or not- who plays video games nonstop, doesn't play sports and isn't athletic, doesn't have any hobbies outside of music, is a terrible conversationalist, is mildly introverted, watches some anime, and hates modern culture. The answer is nobody, and I'm inclined to believe that there's something wrong with you if you believe otherwise. (No offense) You have to be really desperate to you see anything worth going out with in me. I do not have very high hopes for any sort of dating life anymore, and it hurts to think about. I've just given up completely. Unless there's some girl out there who was literally created to be the perfect girl for me, it's not going to happen. It's extremely negative, and it makes me look like I have no self-worth whatsoever (and I realize that), but what evidence do I have otherwise? I don't think a single girl has ever been interested in me -ever- for more than three weeks maximum, I don't have any special skills or anything other than constant wisecracking that makes me stick out as something extraordinary, and my wardrobe is the exact same every week. My claim to fame when it comes to dating is the ability to make people laugh, but how far is that going to take me? Comedy gives me no substance, it's just a mask to hide what little I have.

And I'm sure Oboe will be fine, I'll just have to get used to it. The Clarinet-oboe switch really shouldn't be too difficult. People still play it after all, and if I don't like it, I can always switch. My next choice would be violin/cello. We'll just have to see what happens.

Jeez, can't I ever vent a little less? Everything I've said has been a paragraph or more... Sorry about that. Thanks for sticking through it all though, I really appreciate it. And I am in fact listening to the support/advice, all evidence to the contrary, so don't worry about that. I am actually taking something away from these responses.

Katyria

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kelsey-C
I have many issues but I think my social anxiety takes the cake. I was supposed to go to my first Smash 4 tourney and I chickened out. I barely have a social life because I'm so scared of people.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I have many issues but I think my social anxiety takes the cake. I was supposed to go to my first Smash 4 tourney and I chickened out. I barely have a social life because I'm so scared of people.
Is there any reason why you're scared? I can't think of anything but embarrassment for losing, and almost nobody's that huge of an ass to make fun of your skill to your face.

Daniel Lopez Garcia

Smash Rookie
Cloud is an incredible player that to me, plays out of the rules of the majority of characters. He is very well suited to newcomers because, the way I see it, it was very hard to me to fight against Cloud. I actually hate Cloud, as its the only online fighter with which novices can beat my ass if I'm not careful.

Try other fighters, but its very important that you understand the fighting engine. How the dynamic is supposed to work. If you are trying hard and really want to become a good player, you should be able. But learn the engine. By watching videos or by paying close attention to the details.

I am on the verge of quitting Smash altogether.
Lately, I've been on such a spectacular losing streak that it would put casual players on For Glory to shame. In fact, that's who I've been losing to. For the past two weeks, I have been playing Smash again, training with my characters and picking up new ones. Now, keep in mind that I've never been a terrible player. I could win a few matches when I'm really into it.
But this losing streak... it's tearing me up. This is the second time I've wanted to rip my controller in half. I'm losing to good people (which I don't mind as much), and worse yet, I'm losing to people who spam smash attacks and generally have no idea what they're doing. I've been making a complete fool of myself online. I can't even win with my BEST CHARACTER. And I've been maining Cloud since he came out for crying out loud! That's an entire YEAR of practice with this character. It's embarrassing, it's depressing, it's frustrating, and I don't know if I'm going to get any better. I've been noticing with games recently that no matter how much practice I get, it does nothing. For whatever reason, none of it registers to me. For instance, I've been playing Overwatch since it's release date, which is five months. Now, throughout those five months, you expect to get better at the game. You know, improved aiming, better awareness, team collaboration, etc. But NOPE. I'm almost just as bad now as when I started. There are some times where I style on people in Smash, and I have no idea what I did. After that, it's like that burning fire of a player that I could be just vanishes, and I lose. I kid you not, if I accidentally style on someone at the beginning of a match, I always lose. It's like I can only be good for certain periods of time, and then it just disappears. "That's enough kid, you've been good for long enough, now go back to sucking."

It's driving me insane for two reasons. Reason number one: I really, really want to be good at this game. I truly 100% want to be -at the very least- a competent player. I watch tournaments like Glitch, Smashcon, Xanadu, and the weekly Smash Conferences down in Florida. I look at these players, and in a way I look up to them in the sense that "That's going to be me in the future". So being utter garbage at this game with certain moments sprinkled throughout is heartbreaking. Have you ever had a dream that was crushed by something? That's how this feels.

Reason 2: Video games are pretty much all I have. They're my life. I don't really like anything else, my love life is nonexistent (a topic for another time), all my friends play them, and I enjoy them to an immense degree. The immersion, the music, the atmosphere... everything. Nothing on this Earth has topped my enjoyment of video games, and nothing will come close. I hate sports (especially team sports), being social isn't my forte, and all the school clubs are stupid. I am a firm believer that there is nothing else in this world that I will get enjoyment or entertainment out of. I mean, I play an instrument which is fine, but it's getting boring and I can't switch until after I get straight A's on my first quarter report card, which is a ways off and nearly impossible with AP US History. So to recap, I hate sports, I have no girlfriend, I have no outside friends, and I think all the school clubs are dumb. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. If I suck at the very thing -the only thing- I love to do, where does that leave me? I'm already one-dimensional as it stands, but at least video games gave me some character.

*Sigh* I just don't know what to do anymore...

D

Deleted member 269706

Haven't played in a tournament for some time. Not because I haven't had access, but because...the game isn't as fun as it used to be for me. Today I visited my scene and played some friendlies with some old friends of mine, caught up with others and it was fun, but I have no intention to play or follow Sm4sh the way I used to. Maybe I'll get into Melee, maybe I'll find something else to do with myself. Who knows?

On a side note, I'm happy to have gotten a job (Starbucks) but my anxiety is killing me my first few days. Learning all this new stuff, being afraid of messing up, I can't wait to not be a newbie

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've been seeing people say Smash isn't as fun for them anymore as it used to be. I'm in the same boat, but in a different way. I can enjoy playing the game just fine, but I've been feeling burned out for one main reason: awful playerbases. A lot can be said about playerbases. Some of them are supportive, some are loyal to their character, and there's the kind that makes you want to quit playing. Out of all the playerbases in Smash 4, I can say with absolute certainty that Kirby has the worst playerbase ever. The base is overly pessimistic, they will actively put you down for trying to say Kirby is better than terrible (which he is), and they have their heads up their asses by not doing anything to advance Kirby's meta (which has become stagnant thanks to this playerbase). Whenever you see a Kirby main try to tell you how awful their character is, ignore them, because they're basically just spreading lies at that point. I can go on and on about how much I despise this playerbase, but I'll just leave it at: **** them.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I hope that all of you disturbed people have a pleasant holiday, regardless of the troubles which plague you.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Made a stupid mistake in my Bio lab today and essentially ruined the entire thing. I hate myself so much.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Too lazy to walk into living room to practice Smash 4 seriously, since the PC's in my bedroom, and takes approximately 30 less seconds to get to, TF2 is taking over my life. Valve still hasn't released the Pyro update. ****ing help me. How to not laze?

Made a stupid mistake in my Bio lab today and essentially ruined the entire thing. I hate myself so much.
Okay, forget what the hell l just said, what happened with you?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Okay, forget what the hell l just said, what happened with you?
For our lab, we had to do some test where we put a bead into a tube and did a ton of tests on it. I don't know what was flowing through my head at the time, but I forgot to put the bead in (which was absolutely vital for the experiment) and didn't realize it til the end. It's like writing a report about the Civil War only to realize the report had to be about WWII. When my TA told me I never felt so embarrassed in a while.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
For our lab, we had to do some test where we put a bead into a tube and did a ton of tests on it. I don't know what was flowing through my head at the time, but I forgot to put the bead in (which was absolutely vital for the experiment) and didn't realize it til the end. It's like writing a report about the Civil War only to realize the report had to be about WWII. When my TA told me I never felt so embarrassed in a while.
Oh damn, that reminds me of how l was helping my mother prepare for dinner and l asked if we needed a stainless steel pot, she said no and she asked for "the one with the lid with holes in it". The only pot that had that kind of lid was the one l had in mind. l spent like 30 minutes going through our cupboards and bugged Mom about it again just to realize l meant to say non-stick. There were a lotta other things bugging me, and that last thing just made me want to cry. So l jumped into my bed and did so for 5 minutes. Then l sorta started to ask myself why l was crying. l made a dumb mistake. l made a mistake. Name someone that hasn't made a mistake. Why did this mistake matter? lt really didn't. l was just upset for nothing and my mom would've tell me that, too.

Unless that was the one thing that kept you from failing a class you might be able to take again, was it really that big of a deal, in the end?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Unless that was the one thing that kept you from failing a class you might be able to take again, was it really that big of a deal, in the end?
When your classmates + TA look at you like you're an idiot and you can't afford any more bad grades, then yes it was a big deal.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
:link:
Don't blame you, friend. . . I did something similar, because I wasn't meshing well mentally with what I was / am doing and where I was / am in life right now. Living completely unhappy, and not being able to do the things that make you feel alive. . . And I can't speak for everyone, obviously, but money isn't worth that price. Considering you seem to have a considerable amount of money to hold you over for a while, I personally support you in taking some time off, re-evaluating and making moves towards something better in the days / months to come. . . Life is way too short to spend a large part of it doing things that aren't even lively to yourself.
I'm wayy too late for this but I really appreciate your support. I ended up telling my parents that I quit my job and they were content with the decision. I overthought/stressed about how they would react to it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Trump is now president. Well, we're ****ed.
America is now the least accepting people in the world.

We just put a white supremacist, a man who commits sexual assault and brags about it, who hates Muslims, who hates Jews, who hates immigrants, who was backed by Nazis and the first major Presidential candidate EVER backed by the Ku Klux Klan in The White House, all while him and other Republicans suppressed minority votes (thanks to the death of The Voting Rights Act of 1965).

Anyone saying "America is the best country in the World!" anymore is wrong. If anything, it is the worst.

I sincerely hope to never hear a "USA! USA!" chant anymore at Smash events. I am ashamed to live in this country ruled by bigotry, and I am so over patriotism or anything like that. I'll leave the symbols like the flag to symbol-minded idiots who are okay with being in a racist, ra*e culture dystopia.

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

We just put a white supremacist, a man who commits sexual assault and brags about it, who hates Muslims, who hates Jews, who hates immigrants, who was backed by Nazis and the first major Presidential candidate EVER backed by the Ku Klux Klan in The White House, all while him and other Republicans suppressed minority votes (thanks to the death of The Voting Rights Act of 1965).

Anyone saying "America is the best country in the World!" anymore is wrong. If anything, it is the worst.

I sincerely hope to never hear a "USA! USA!" chant anymore at Smash events. I am ashamed to live in this country ruled by bigotry, and I am so over patriotism or anything like that. I'll leave the symbols like the flag to symbol-minded idiots who are okay with being in a racist, ra*e culture dystopia.
I blame the uneducated white people more than the actual nation. I swear, white people and their "privilege."

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Would you rather live in North Korea?

At least we can deal with this by taking our own action. There is still a checks and balances system, so Trump's words aren't exactly law. We can educate people about where this election has gone wrong so that in the next one in four years, hopefully we'll have a much better election. There are definitely still places worse off, but at least we still have the freedom to take action and have our own opinions.

With that said, I thought this election season was terrible in the first place. It was more like a reality TV show or a really messed up circus act than an election.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Would you rather live in North Korea?

At least we can deal with this by taking our own action. There is still a checks and balances system, so Trump's words aren't exactly law. We can educate people about where this election has gone wrong so that in the next one in four years, hopefully we'll have a much better election. There are definitely still places worse off, but at least we still have the freedom to take action and have our own opinions.

With that said, I thought this election season was terrible in the first place. It was more like a reality TV show or a really messed up circus act than an election.
We can change it yes, but there aren't many checks and balances for Donald. The Republicans control the House, Senate and the Presidency (the last time that happened: 1928, and we all know what that lead to!). All of that is one party, and considering the ethnic-centric radicalization of white Americans being so utterly common and so vocal, most Republicans will fall in line. We don't have many Republicans like John McCain or Lindsey Graham that have stated they will resist him, and even then, those two might not.

On top of that you add in the Supreme Court. Republican Supreme Justices already gutted the Voting Rights Act of 1965, already gave us Citizens United vs. Federal Exchanges Commissions (2010). Now they're going to likely gut universal healthcare for sure, as well as potential gut gay marriage, many Civil Rights for LGBT and protected ethnic and religious minorities, various campaign spending laws, Roe v. Wade, and even strip away some other women's rights legislation.

The only people checking and balancing the Republicans in control is other Republicans, and right now most if not damn near all of them bow to a white Supremacist sexual assaulter and his following that is complacent with his rabid racist and misogynist dogmatic beliefs.

Unless a miracle happens and we turn the House around in 2 years (it could happen), even then the Republicans in power will still definitively control the Senate, Presidency, and Supreme Court, all while largely bowing to the whims of the 1st ever major American Presidential nominee officially endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan and his brand of fascism.
I blame the uneducated white people more than the actual nation. I swear, white people and their "privilege."
As a white Evangelical in America, I blame my specific demographic. No one supported Donald more than that demographic, especially men.

Considering the fact this guy is literally the opposite of Jesus (instead of humble self-obsessed, instead of charitable self-serving), he has 5 kids with 3 gradually younger women, and how utterly disgusting he is to ethnic minorities and women (he freaking bragged about sexual assault), I feel ashamed of the people around me who belong to the same people group as me.

I am so sorry you all have to deal with these pathetic people who are complicit with this man's disgusting acts, especially every person who is LGBT+, a ethnic minority, has a physical or mental handicap or limitation, or is an immigrant/foreigner who could be targeted by this disgusting brand of hate. This is not right. This is not the America I recognize.

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
My 93 year old grandmother just died this evening in Moundridge, KS. My uncle, sister and I were there at her bedside as she passed away. It's going to take a long time to recover from this loss; Tina was one of the most generous, loving and caring people you coud ever know, All the fun we had at her house, all the KU basketball games we went to, and producing two of the most caring people I'm fortunate to know: my uncle and my Mom.
Goodbye, Tina. Thank you. And Rock Chalk.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
For the past few months my life has been going fairly well, but my dad is starting to worry me by constantly talking about getting our two cats euthanized, because he is too stubborn and always wants to feel like he is right, so he never listens to me when I tell him to just neuter them. Both of these cats are brothers by the way. His reasons are that they constantly fight(trying to assert dominance), pee outside of the liter box (marking their territory), and they are "old" (they are 3 years old, that is nowhere near "old" for a cat). He doesn't ever listen to me when I tell him that getting them neutered would fix all of these problems, and it pisses me off more than pretty much every other time he refuses to listen when I try to tell him better options about something. He can't really argue that we can't afford to get them neutered, because we are doing fine financially and the cost isn't even all that expensive.

He doesn't only frustrate me because I don't want to just kill our cats when the issue CAN be solved without having to do that or get rid of them, but also because EVERY SINGLE TIME I disagree with him about something he asks me why, but is too stubborn to actually listen to what I'm saying. A few weeks I got into a small argument with him over politics, and the whole argument he just dismissed all of my points with no other explanation other than "he just knows". Just last week I ended up getting frustrated with him after he called me a liar when I told him my grandma was fine and I just couldn't pick up the phone because I was busy, and refused to listen to me after I explained that to him for like the 4-5th time (it personally REALLY riles me up when someone claims I am lying, even though I am not and have no reason to be lying in the first place). I love my dad, but I feel like one day I am just going to snap after he makes some sort of dumb decision after I constantly tell him otherwise and just end up yelling at him about how he needs to stop for once and actually listen and think about what other people are saying to him when they don't agree.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm frustrated because I keep seeing the word "waifu" everywhere online, including here, and I have absolutely no idea what on earth that means. I guess I'm too old to understand modern lingo.

More importantly, I miss my sisters an awful lot. We were together for the first time in nearly a decade on Monday for our grandmother's funeral, now they're back in Arizona and Texas. It's been a really emotional week for me.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I'm frustrated because I keep seeing the word "waifu" everywhere online, including here, and I have absolutely no idea what on earth that means. I guess I'm too old to understand modern lingo.
It's a joking way of saying some character is who you would marry if they were real. Typically an anime character.

Yang from RWBY is the best waifu, fight me scrublords

FallenHero

Smash Ace
This doesn't really have anything to do with being unhappy, but just being unsure of what to do. There is this girl I have been taking the same bus with for three years, but it wasn't until the beginning of this school year that I realized she goes to the same campus as me (I guess she transferred schools or something). I've always thought she was pretty cute, but I never thought too much about it, because I would only see her a few times a week and we got off at different stops, but now I see her everyday when I am going to go home, because now she waits at the same stop as me. Even after that I didn't think too much about it, but for about a month now I've noticed her staring at me for a second or two every now and then (not sure why though, because myself and a lot of others would agree I'm not the best looking guy). Either I'll just happen to be facing her general direction without looking directly at her, turn my head to look down the street to see if the bus is coming, start a conversation with one of my friends at the bus stop, or just not really be doing anything at all while waiting, I keep noticing her looking right at me and then looking away if my eyes start moving closer to where she is standing (most of the time she looks at me there isn't anything or anyone behind me other than the wall, so I don't know what else she would be looking in my direction for). Just to be clear, I DO NOT know this girl at all, but I've always thought she looked good and now I notice her looking at me a lot, so I am not sure if she maybe likes me or not, should I try to do anything about it or not, or even what I should do if I do decide to try to make a move. A few months ago I decided I didn't really want to worry about getting a girlfriend until college, but I don't know if I should change my mind about that or not. I've never had any experience trying to get a girl I don't even know at all, so I really want advice on what I should do about this.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't really have anything to do with being unhappy, but just being unsure of what to do. There is this girl I have been taking the same bus with for three years, but it wasn't until the beginning of this school year that I realized she goes to the same campus as me (I guess she transferred schools or something). I've always thought she was pretty cute, but I never thought too much about it, because I would only see her a few times a week and we got off at different stops, but now I see her everyday when I am going to go home, because now she waits at the same stop as me. Even after that I didn't think too much about it, but for about a month now I've noticed her staring at me for a second or two every now and then (not sure why though, because myself and a lot of others would agree I'm not the best looking guy). Either I'll just happen to be facing her general direction without looking directly at her, turn my head to look down the street to see if the bus is coming, start a conversation with one of my friends at the bus stop, or just not really be doing anything at all while waiting, I keep noticing her looking right at me and then looking away if my eyes start moving closer to where she is standing (most of the time she looks at me there isn't anything or anyone behind me other than the wall, so I don't know what else she would be looking in my direction for). Just to be clear, I DO NOT know this girl at all, but I've always thought she looked good and now I notice her looking at me a lot, so I am not sure if she maybe likes me or not, should I try to do anything about it or not, or even what I should do if I do decide to try to make a move. A few months ago I decided I didn't really want to worry about getting a girlfriend until college, but I don't know if I should change my mind about that or not. I've never had any experience trying to get a girl I don't even know at all, so I really want advice on what I should do about this.
I would just start with small talk, since you know nothing about her. Just like "Hey, I've seen you around a lot, but I don't know anything about you." idk, good luck bro.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Is there any reason why you're scared? I can't think of anything but embarrassment for losing, and almost nobody's that huge of an *** to make fun of your skill to your face.
Dude, do you even internet.
Maybe IRL people are different (a neckbeard like me wouldn't know) but online, people attack you for everything and mock you every chance they get.
Not even just about skill. For example, you have an anime avatar. go play some games of Team Fortress 2 and you'll get called a weeb, a degenerate, have very impolite suggestions thrown at you, and probably get votekicked too.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Dude, do you even internet.
Maybe IRL people are different (a neckbeard like me wouldn't know) but online, people attack you for everything and mock you every chance they get.
Not even just about skill. For example, you have an anime avatar. go play some games of Team Fortress 2 and you'll get called a weeb, a degenerate, have very impolite suggestions thrown at you, and probably get votekicked too.
wat

Normal people aren't assholes by default

Plus, I personally don't care about that kinda stuff, if they want to mock me for having an anime character as my profile pic, they can go ahead. I'm not insecure about it.

Unless if the joke is the fact that you have a MLP profile pic, and it's supposed to be a hypocritical joke. Whatever dude.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
wat

Normal people aren't ******** by default

Plus, I personally don't care about that kinda stuff, if they want to mock me for having an anime character as my profile pic, they can go ahead. I'm not insecure about it.

Unless if the joke is the fact that you have a MLP profile pic, and it's supposed to be a hypocritical joke. Whatever dude.
How is it a joke? I don't give a crap what you like. And I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm dead serious. If you think I haven't seen people who are ******** by default, you're very, very wrong. I was just pointing out anime hate as an example, because I've seen everything I mentioned happen.

I've been told to put a soggy **** in my ass, called a ******, a ****ing idiot, and everything in between without provoking the other party first. I mean, for some people haters are fun, but I'm not one of those people personally. I don't really see why people hating you is a reason to be happy, but hey.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
[Removed by Creator] Heh. It's your boy Guzma!

Man... uh... that post was actually kind of embarrassing in retrospect. No wonder nobody responded xD
Sorry about that. How many times have I told myself to not make decisions when I'm upset? A billion times over... so why do I still do it? Have a good day! :happysheep:

Last edited:

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Well, I need to talk to someone, and there present issues with that. Big one is not trusting anyone enough to be completely honest. At this point the plan is just start going to different therapists and see if I one of them can get through the paranoia barrier. In the meantime, I need to scrape together my college work and decide on a direction to head in, all while snapping back at my own decisions out of a sense of self-loathing that came from somewhere. Thinking too far into it just starts an existential crisis where I don't get anything done.

Also the one time I skip out on a pokemon game it turns out to be great. Excellent timing on my part. :drsad:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
At this point I am considering just quitting TF2. I'll probably keep the game installed so that I can play it again whenever a new update comes out to see if maybe I'll enjoy the game again, but the game just isn't fun anymore. I just bought Overwatch today on my PS4 and had a lot of fun playing it, and I will even have two friends to play the game with me, so I guess I will just move on to that game.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
At this point I am considering just quitting TF2. I'll probably keep the game installed so that I can play it again whenever a new update comes out to see if maybe I'll enjoy the game again, but the game just isn't fun anymore. I just bought Overwatch today on my PS4 and had a lot of fun playing it, and I will even have two friends to play the game with me, so I guess I will just move on to that game.
I'm in the same boat as you. I quit TF2 when they changed the server browser.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've noticed that when I take long breaks from work, but just stay home with nothing to do, my body starts feeling like it's falling apart.

I wonder if it's because I feel like I have no purpose in life, and work in some twisted way (It's a miserable job) gives my life some kind of purpose.

I may also still be down from my grandfather dying last week, but my body has felt this way before last time I took a break from work

Top Bottom