• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Well, this was a surprise.

(not really an unhappy thing, but posting it here because this is where my other post was)

The guy with the blue hair was at Target yesterday and came through my checkout lane again. o-o

I went ahead an apologized for putting him on the spot last time. His response was unexpected. "Oh, no, it's fine man. Honestly, I'm kind of glad you asked me that question because I didn't even know how to respond to you. I didn't have an answer as to why I thought it was a bad religion. Sorry I gave you an attitude man."

I told him not to worry about it, but it was still wrong of me to ask. Then I told him I found out later on that it was actually a band T-Shirt. "It is!?"

me: Yeah xD

"Wow, I didn't even know!" He just burst out laughing after that, paid and left. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He didn't know it was a band T-Shirt?

So, in other words...he WAS wearing it because he thought it would offend people.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
"Sorry, even though you were wrong to try and offend people."

"Hey, man, it's okay. I'm sorry, even if you're wrong."

"Hey, that's fine, I was still wrong."

"Heh."

"You were wrong about what you did to be wrong, I later found out."

"Ha, really? Whoa!"

"Yeah! Ha ha, I was still wrong."

"Ha, yeah! I guess I'll keep being wrong."

"Yeah, okay, sorry for being wrong."

"See ya."

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What I've always hated about applying for jobs is that every other time I look I look at my resume I see an error or an imperfection that convinces me that I no longer have a shot of getting any of the jobs I applied to before.

It's also a hassle correcting it, converting it, and then re-uploading it! UGH

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Im dumbfounded, White Mage xD
I thought Bad Religion was like...a staple of the punk/grunge-y scenes rofllllllll
Thas funny

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm super stressed. I think it's the fact I get little sleep due to working and going to school full time.

It's a little better this quarter because I don't have school every day, and work is cutting down hours a bit because they spent too much during the holiday season on extra help.

But I still work until late, and have to wake up early almost every day.

Also, I still feel a little down from Valentine's day because everyone seems to have someone but me

I think I'm extra focusing on the lack of finding someone because my birthday is coming up and I'm turning old.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Seriously considering a rather lengthy break from computer and games and whatnot due to how ****ty my hand is getting, which is kind of a major pain in the ass for multiple reasons.

Honestly not sure what to do with myself right now.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i kind of have the same problem except it's just my posture, my shoulders and neck are kind of hunched forward and it's horribly unattractive sometimes.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I did some part-time work as a freelancer last year but I'm not sure if I can put my employer on reference list. After I quit the job he asked me to send him some of the remaining files and I never did. Yes, that was bad of me but I was always extremely tired at that time, it seemed as if I had lost some files since dropbox wasn't working so well for me, I wasn't exactly sure what files he was referring to and also he didn't pay for my last job iirc correctly{my work wasn't so great so I didn't ask}. Moreover, recklessly, I wasn't so sure I needed him as a reference since I had copies of the work I did for him and I could use that as a part of my portfolio. On the other hand when I quit he did tell me that if I ever got more time again that I should contact him to do more work, so maybe I'll do that. We'll see.

Edit: And here I am again having to modify my resume for the 20th time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had the worst service I ever had at a mcDonalds

Not to mention that my sandwich HAD sauce when I asked for no sauce and my fries were cold/

They also looked at me funny when I ordered nuggets with honey.

Nuggets were advertised with honey when I was a kid. Just because they don't do it now doesn't mean I won't stop liking it like that. They even said honey as one of the choices for sauces, ALONG with honey mustard which they always assume I mean

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I just had the worst service I ever had at a mcDonalds

Not to mention that my sandwich HAD sauce when I asked for no sauce and my fries were cold/

They also looked at me funny when I ordered nuggets with honey.

Nuggets were advertised with honey when I was a kid. Just because they don't do it now doesn't mean I won't stop liking it like that. They even said honey as one of the choices for sauces, ALONG with honey mustard which they always assume I mean
I can relate

I was at a restaurant today where the gratuity bill was compulsory? You ****ing believe that? They claimed that it was stated in the menu{I don't remember see it}, so I didn't bother arguing with them but I'm still a bit upset about it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gratuity is not something that should be required

gratuity

gra·tu·i·ty

[gruh-too-i-tee, -tyoo-] Show IPA
noun, plural gra·tu·i·ties.
a gift of money, over and above payment due for service, as to a waiter or bellhop; tip.
something given without claim or demand.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
@Teran, you do know taxes automatically get deducted from your paycheck right? And the taxes you pay when you purchase something etc, etc.
Earning honest money = noob irl that was sort of the connotation.

God wow man wtf.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I can believe it
The only way you make money at restaurants is through tip
When I switched from hostessing to waiting tables, id have nights where I'd make more before the promotion

That's how some people make a living
I mean, yeah, it's nice when it's not mandatory
But when places do that, it's to benefit employees.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the employees give good service, they'd deserve the tip. If they give bad service they don't.

It should not be mandatory. If they aren't making enough tips, they probably aren't good

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That's not always true
I know for a FACT when I waitressed, many nights I'd have MULITPLE customers tip my fellow employees and myself under 10 or 5%, despite gratuity being 15% and despite us working our butts off and being nice just because we just had a nice bunch of people

I can understand why it bugs people
But it still sucks when you don't make much by the hour and have to chance stuff on the kindness of others.
Plus you usually have to share tips with hosts/hostesses and busboys/girls. And they get paid no matter how much you make, sadly. :C

/ has had really bad busboys stop me from breaking even before.....gahhh

But yeah if service is bad and they automatically charge gratuity, talk to their manager. File a complaint. Nasty people should stay out of waiting tables. You have to be nice to people if you want to get tipped

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I make little, and it's a fire-able offense to accept a tip at my job

Plus I deal with people treating me like crap, like someone less than human

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Gratuity works against business sense, it essentially punishes people for bringing the restaurant more money. I've heard most managers back down if you contact them and just say you'll give tips if the service isn't ****, because lol they aren't willing to lose that much money.

In other news I have a headache and Jack Swagger is dumb.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I can believe it
The only way you make money at restaurants is through tip
When I switched from hostessing to waiting tables, id have nights where I'd make more before the promotion

That's how some people make a living
I mean, yeah, it's nice when it's not mandatory
But when places do that, it's to benefit employees.
This is bull****, it's not the customers job to pay the employee, that employee is payed by thier boss. I was ok with it at the time, but now I'm upset that I didn't demand to at least see the menu and verify that the claim of mandatory gratuity was true. I will not let that happen to me again.

This is bull****, it's not the customers job to pay the employee, that employee is payed by thier boss. I was ok with it at the time, but now I'm upset that I didn't demand to at least see the menu and verify that the claim of mandatory gratuity was true. I will not let that happen to me again.
If A --> B and B --> C, then A --> C.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If the wait staff was good, then please tip ; x ;
If they weren't, then make a ruckus. Restaurants with automatic gratuity only make you pay 15-20%, which is standard and what you'd be paying anyway for good/standard service.
But yeah, you should talk to the restaurant and file a complaint if necessary

So yeah please tip if you can when you get good service, read the menu, and talk to managers about bad employees in a civil manner. Tips are legally counted as income so we get taxed like crazy as well. (This is directed at everyone lol)

And also for the bull**** part
Yeah, it is
But, it's a huge test on who is a good and bad employee. I worked my butt off trying to do my best and be nice and attentive to all the customers, not just because of the tip. I would run myself ragged on busy nights just to find out I didn't break even and that our lazy busboy who just talked about his life of drugs and girl problems I didn't really want to hear would make more than me and subtract from the tips of me and our other waitress because he would make so much of the tip per hour, no exceptions.
It sucks when you're workin your butt off for nothing :/ i smiled for every customer and did my best to make people happy, but some people just are never happy rofl

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i just took a second today and realized how ****ty my diet is
like i think i practically live on fast food, water, and fruit occasionally
i hate being poor ;_;
granted it could be a lot worse but it could be much better

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well, this was a surprise.

(not really an unhappy thing, but posting it here because this is where my other post was)

The guy with the blue hair was at Target yesterday and came through my checkout lane again. o-o

I went ahead an apologized for putting him on the spot last time. His response was unexpected. "Oh, no, it's fine man. Honestly, I'm kind of glad you asked me that question because I didn't even know how to respond to you. I didn't have an answer as to why I thought it was a bad religion. Sorry I gave you an attitude man."

I told him not to worry about it, but it was still wrong of me to ask. Then I told him I found out later on that it was actually a band T-Shirt. "It is!?"

me: Yeah xD

"Wow, I didn't even know!" He just burst out laughing after that, paid and left. :p
I dunno why but this made me laugh. Pretty funny ending. Even if it does make me sad that fewer people know about Bad Religion than I thought. I swear every band I listen to just happens to be not known well or something.

:059:

Grandeza

Smash Master
Got rejected from the university I wanted to go to most which is certainly hard to take. Rationally, I know I'll get into plenty of good colleges and I'll surely be happy wherever I end up, but for now I'm really upset.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Similar to Grandeza...

Except it's regarding my major. I wasn't accepted into my indicated major (music education) and was put into a different music major instead (general music). This basically means that I don't have the right ideals to be a teacher, but I'm a good enough musician to be in the music school.

Both of my major choices revolved around education(the other being math education), and being told that I shouldn't be an educator is the biggest punch in the crotch I've ever gotten. I've been wanting to be an educator my whole life, and now my university is telling me I shouldn't be an educator, meaning they probably won't let me.

I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. I'm not really good at anything. I'd consider myself a decent musician, but that's all I do. I'm average at math, alright at writing, and mediocre and lower at everything else. I just don't know what I'll be doing with myself realizing this :/. I also realize that my whole senior class selection at my high school was basically a waste due to this (Took two math classes and two music classes along with required ones). Could have used the two extra classes to learn something useful, but I put them into a major I thought I would be able to get due to how everyone talked about me. Guess it didn't work out.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Those ****ing "career selector" things in middle school and high school are a ****ing joke. I mean I don't doubt that maybe there are kids who know what they want to do from middle school, but for me it just put unrealistic expectations of my future life in my head (all my results from stuff like that are in health care/being a surgeon etc.). It and my being naive made me go through middle and early high school thinking I was going to get into some awesome school, become a surgeon, and get rich. Those tests fail to ask you, "how much money do your parents have" and "how supportive is your learning environment"

Stuff was more like "in a perfect world this might be what you like"

I'm frustrated with family stuff right now so anything anyone would have said would have made me go into rant mode but whatever that felt nice mashing at the keyboard.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Got rejected from the university I wanted to go to most which is certainly hard to take. Rationally, I know I'll get into plenty of good colleges and I'll surely be happy wherever I end up, but for now I'm really upset.
If the school you go to ends up being anything less than absolutely awesome then you can always get a transfer, try not to worry about it.

I'm feeling kinda guilty because I told friend A, I'd stay up and talk with her tonight but I couldn't because I ended up talking to friend B instead. I felt like I had to because my relationship with friend B has been strained a little bit and she feelings like I'm neglecting her{maybe I am a little}, friend A does stuff like this to me all the time, so if I make a worthwhile excuse tomorrow it shouldn't be a problem, but something about being a bad friend really bothers me a lot.

Similar to Grandeza...

Except it's regarding my major. I wasn't accepted into my indicated major (music education) and was put into a different music major instead (general music). This basically means that I don't have the right ideals to be a teacher, but I'm a good enough musician to be in the music school.

Both of my major choices revolved around education(the other being math education), and being told that I shouldn't be an educator is the biggest punch in the crotch I've ever gotten. I've been wanting to be an educator my whole life, and now my university is telling me I shouldn't be an educator, meaning they probably won't let me.

I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. I'm not really good at anything. I'd consider myself a decent musician, but that's all I do. I'm average at math, alright at writing, and mediocre and lower at everything else. I just don't know what I'll be doing with myself realizing this :/. I also realize that my whole senior class selection at my high school was basically a waste due to this (Took two math classes and two music classes along with required ones). Could have used the two extra classes to learn something useful, but I put them into a major I thought I would be able to get due to how everyone talked about me. Guess it didn't work out.
If I'm not mistaken, you may not to get a masters in teaching however you should still be able to major in music and then complete a masters in teaching at a different school. Also, couldn't you also take courses outside of your major i.e. musical education course requirements in addition to general music courses and see how that plays out. Regardless, I think first and foremost you should see an educator or dean and explain that this is something you want to do and that you are passionate about this. Pretty much Ndayday's comment encapsulate how I feel about being told what major you'd fit best in.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If it was some test that told me I shouldn't be a music ed major, that'd be fine and I'd go on with it... That's not the case, though.

I had an interview with the music ed professor at the school, and he basically decides if we can be music ed majors or not.

He only asks one question in the interview: Why do you want to be an educator over the other music options? This question decides if I can be a music educator or not.

Since I didn't get past the interview, this either means that I either don't have the right ideals/mindset to be an educator, or I just didn't go into the right amount of detail.

They're forced to let me take an into to music ed class, which may let me take the interview again, but I've felt this way about teaching for the past 4 years. I really doubt a class is going to change my mind on what I think of teaching and my ideals or mindset towards it. Also, if there was a specific amount of detail they were looking for, taking a class so you can spit out those details would basically be regurgitation. I don't really see that being a possibility in this case :/.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just overthinking this. Maybe they just thought I needed an intro course to really understand the negative sides of teaching (depression, kids being mean, kids being depressed, fights, having to teach kids that don't want to learn, etc.) or something like that, since we were never asked about the negatives, and from my opinion, it may have came across as I only know of the positives. I'll take the course and see where it goes from there. It's adding on an extra year of college that I'm not interested in, though :/. Better than nothing though right? xD. Thank you guys! :)

Top Bottom