• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Well, from the way he reacted, I'm going to assume he took the literal meaning of the shirt. ._.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Setting aside that the guy was wearing a band shirt, White Mage, I have a better question for you:

Why on Earth would you put a customer on the spot like that? Innocent or not, it's a loaded question that has all sorts of connotations and inferences that are best left to other forums of communication. You gotta be as neutral as possible. You want to remain focused on being pleasant and personable, sure, but you don't want to prod at their tastes or their beliefs or whatever.

Smooth Criminal

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I agree I shouldn't have done that, but it just sort of came out. I regretted it right after though. :S

He probably would've said it was a band if that was the case.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
To be honest I wouldn't really want to be asked why I feel that way in most situations because it'd be a pain to have to explain it all and deal with the inevitable rebuttal, particularly considering the nature of the topic. Not to mention, in that situation, I'd probably just want to purchase my things and leave for that is the reason I'd be there, standing at the register.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
White Mage, what is the number of your supervisor? I'm gonna give him/her a call.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
I agree I shouldn't have done that, but it just sort of came out. I regretted it right after though. :S

He probably would've said it was a band if that was the case.
I like that you did that, though. It was a nice read. It seems like nowadays most people would just be like, "Yeah, screw that crap. Bleaaaah."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
'S all good.

I only say that because really butthurt customers will say something to your boss, and that isn't a good look.

Smooth Criminal
Customers say stuff to my boss all the time because I don't put up with their bull****.

Luckily, my bosses know those customers are full of bull****

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well that went awfully.

My father is using his connections to have someone expedite my drivers license. We were supposed to complete the process today, but apparently there was a few prerequisites I was supposed to complete before today which I was completely unaware of. *sigh* We're going to get it done another day, but I just dislike feeling like I screwed up.

WTF? I called the clinic last week and they told me the doctor works on Tuesday and it's free. I speak to them today and they tell me the doctor works Monday and Thursday and it's 53$. That kinda pisses me off.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I never say anything that I think would come off as being offensive to customers.

They get mad about things that are incredibly inoffensive as it is.

Makes my jobs way easier.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have valentine's day off. I wonder if someone that ACTUALLY is in a relationship is having their day ruined because of me.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
The thing that got me was the shirt was pretty offensive, considering I didn't even know it was a band shirt. I can guarantee the people who would be offended by the shirt would have no idea it was a band shirt. If the shirt had the Muslim crescent moon on it instead of a cross, he'd probably be fined for a hate crime or something dumb like that. >.>

He could have very easily made me look stupid by saying it was a band T-shirt, but he didn't, which makes me believe he wore the shirt just because of what it had on it. If he's going to wear a shirt like that in public, he should be prepared for people to question him. Or at least have a better response than "Look, I don't wanna be challenged right now, ok?" which immediately comes off as really arrogant.

Vashimus

Smash Master
I have valentine's day off. I wonder if someone that ACTUALLY is in a relationship is having their day ruined because of me.
What do you mean?

The thing that got me was the shirt was pretty offensive, considering I didn't even know it was a band shirt. I can guarantee the people who would be offended by the shirt would have no idea it was a band shirt.
Of course you find it offensive. You're White Mage!

:phone:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The thing that got me was the shirt was pretty offensive, considering I didn't even know it was a band shirt. I can guarantee the people who would be offended by the shirt would have no idea it was a band shirt. If the shirt had the Muslim crescent moon on it instead of a cross, he'd probably be fined for a hate crime or something dumb like that. >.>

He could have very easily made me look stupid by saying it was a band T-shirt, but he didn't, which makes me believe he wore the shirt just because of what it had on it. If he's going to wear a shirt like that in public, he should be prepared for people to question him. Or at least have a better response than "Look, I don't wanna be challenged right now, ok?" which immediately comes off as really arrogant.
He shouldn't have to be questioned/ reamed for wearing a t-shirt in public.

Also, "judge not lest thee be judged yourself." I'll leave it at that.

Smooth Criminal

Vashimus

Smash Master
I guess I should wear a T-shirt that says "N*ggers suck" and use that same quote when I'm questioned about it then.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's not what I was getting at with that particular quote. It was the whole "he's arrogant and blah blah blah!" part.

But, sure! Let's assume it's the same.

Smooth Criminal

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i desperately want to post this image i've seen before of a guy wearing this risque anime ecchi shirt all streetwear like in public to contribute to this topic but i can't find it and i'm a bit disappointed now

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The thing I like to always say is that something is only as offensive as you choose to be offended by it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I feel like my best friend and I can't take each other in very large doses. Whenever we speak on the phone for too long, it never ends well. There is too much about each other we don't like, and I think this is the first time we've ever been at the point where we're not afraid to lose each other, so our friendship is in jeopardy. Hopefully we overcome our issues with each other.

Ugh, I was complaining to another friend about this fight and I think may have accidentally sent it to my best friend as well. She has an issue with my complaining about her to other people, this could end really badly. Relationships can be so fragile,

Vashimus

Smash Master
That's not what I was getting at with that particular quote. It was the whole "he's arrogant and blah blah blah!" part.

But, sure! Let's assume it's the same.

Smooth Criminal
Ah, alright. Still, I just was pointing out that that logic doesn't always apply, and people will get offended regardless.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Small talk in stores is fine, but nothing annoys me more than stuff like that. I'm there to buy stuff, not answer personal questions. I'd be redeeming my $15 apology gift card if I were him lol

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've been a pseudo-mod of the Welcome Center for a while, I just didn't have any of the regular permissions, only post editing. Kind of like ye olde Discussion Leaders, when they were a thing.

So, now I'm a mod, but I'm not? Go figure.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I tried claiming my unemployment benefits on Friday and I was denied because the source of the claim originated outside of America, it looks like my perfect vacation is now over and I have no source of income until I return to America. All things considering it's not too bad, but it is still very disheartening.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I came home to my native country to avoid paying rent while I finally learnt how to drive, but somewhere along the way it did kinda turn into a vacation.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

I'm making this face right now at you, Froggy.

Actually I've been making that face when I read your posts for a couple months now. The fact that you even tried to get on unem-you know what? No. I'm not doing this. Not with you.

Just keep staring at that picture til you feel sad inside.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Not sure what you're getting at man. If you think you shouldn't be on unemployment simply because you're not in America atm then we'll have to disagree. Logically speaking it's an irrelevant distinction.

Edit: Falcon I'm annoyed now. I am going to start trolling you just as you troll me.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm not ****ing trolling is the problem here, you have a ridiculous idea of what "trolling" is. You're taking a ****ing vacation in another country to "avoid paying rent" and you want unemployment money, that in my eyes makes you one of the worst kinds of people you can be. You want the American government to give you money while you **** around in another country and you think that's ok.

That's ****in' incredible, mate.

Top Bottom