• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm a bit bitter that my sister doesn't want to form a relationship with me even though I have been so good to her.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I hate dating because I never know when is too much or too little.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Froggy, try to avoid bugging Werekill and just use the edit button instead of making multiple posts. Unhappy thread isn't a personal blog, and there are posting rules here : / sorry dude

UNHAPPY BECAUSE I CANT GET MY PAINTING THE WAY I WANT IT TO LOOK
; x ;
bwaaaaah paintingggggg
And I have to texture my stupid chainsaw model and I just dont even wanna work on the chainsaw model = 3= BLEH

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm dating this drop-dead gorgeous girl right now, and she's also a super fun person. Everytime I look at her, I think "Holy ****, I must be the luckiest guy ever".

Then I started thinking to myself....maybe I am too lucky. Maybe she's too good for me and that I didn't deserve her at all. She's dated a lot of jocks and buff guys who're much hotter, and she fell for me, a random guy she just met who literally just went up to her, told her I thought she was really cute and asked for her number so that we could hang out sometime. Now I feel really crappy about myself.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To have a good relationship, you have to feel as if you both supply equal parts to it.

If you don't feel you are equal, it's going to fail.

You can supply something different, such as a rich person maybe ugly but having money or a pretty person being horrible, but at least pretty. They supply some worth and if the two worths are equal the relationship can work.

I was reading about in psychology people assign each other how much they are worth (Maybe even subconsciously) and a lot of social structuring and relationships follow patterns set by how much society sees how much these people are worth.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I'm dating this drop-dead gorgeous girl right now, and she's also a super fun person. Everytime I look at her, I think "Holy ****, I must be the luckiest guy ever".

Then I started thinking to myself....maybe I am too lucky. Maybe she's too good for me and that I didn't deserve her at all. She's dated a lot of jocks and buff guys who're much hotter, and she fell for me, a random guy she just met who literally just went up to her, told her I thought she was really cute and asked for her number so that we could hang out sometime. Now I feel really crappy about myself.

Think about it this way: the other guys might have had good looks, but were they likable other than that? Looks don't last forever, and are more of a first impression. Once you get to know the person's heart, that's all that matters.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have decided that I'm not going to be a bitter about my sister anymore. If she doesn't want a relationship with me, then that's fine, but I'm not going to maintain a relationship with her on her own terms. I'm done with her.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You can't be done with family. :(

Maybe give her a present and she'll be happy.

She refuses to meet up with me, so it would be impossible to be give her a present. Andit appears as if we're related, but we are not really family if you know what I mean.

Will do that next Werekill.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Drop the cynicism. Your family is always there for you, as cheesy as it is. Compared to the friends that come and go a dime a dozen throughout your life. Whatever Froggy did to her, life's too damn short to hold grudges against your relatives. And that's pretty ****ed up considering it's the person who shares the same parents as you, and you've grown up together.

But I guess Froggy tried all he could and she just doesn't like him.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Drop the cynicism. Your family is always there for you, as cheesy as it is. Compared to the friends that come and go a dime a dozen throughout your life. Whatever Froggy did to her, life's too damn short to hold grudges against your relatives. And that's pretty ****ed up considering it's the person who shares the same parents as you, and you've grown up together.

Just to clarify something here, she likes me plenty fine. We talk on facebook a lot, and over the phone sometimes, and we've gotten somewhat close. The issue is that she wants to keep me at a distance, she doesn't like getting close to people and she is happy with where our relationship is now, I haven't "done" anything to her.

I have to agree with both you and Falcon to some degree. Sharing parents does not make you family, they are just people who you share a biological connection with and it means very little in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand, for whatever reason you'll likely find that family are more predisposed to help you and support you than other people are, and it is much easier to form meaningful bonds with them than any other given person.

LadyFreyaDavram

Goddess of Vanda Knights
Premium
This is kinda lame. But I been on the SBF for a week and I only have made one friend. :/ I didn't know making friends was so hard.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Drop the cynicism. Your family is always there for you, as cheesy as it is. Compared to the friends that come and go a dime a dozen throughout your life. Whatever Froggy did to her, life's too damn short to hold grudges against your relatives.

Not all families are created equal.

Smooth Criminal

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The movie avatar stole my idea before I even had it.

I just found out the Na'avi use an octal mathmatic system BECAUSE THEY HAVE 4 FINGERS ON EACH HAND...

I was going to make a cartoon world where, because it's generic for cartoon characters to have only 4 fingers on each hand, they base their arithmetic system on 8 instead of 10. Since, we use base 10 because of the amount of fingers on each hand.

Avatar is stupid, and way too cartoony for what it's suppose to be. And they stole my idea before I had it. Except they aren't cartoons

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This is kinda lame. But I been on the SBF for a week and I only have made one friend. :/ I didn't know making friends was so hard.

Try hanging out in one of the social threads if you're trying to make friends. Although I'm not sure this website generates enough traffic anymore, if you have no friends in real life and need a social outlet.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Lady Freya, we can be friends, though I'm not really one for having casual conversation here.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

You should consider yourself lucky to have grown up with a supportive family unit, rather than chastize people for "cynicism" when in reality many many many families are not supportive of their kin at all. A friend of mine is homeless at 16 because her parents will not have her at her house, and they do not give a single **** where she is at any time. I myself have been abused by several family members. I would not trust these people with anything, let alone make amends with them just because I happen to share some of their blood. I have friends that are more family than the pieces of **** in my biological family. I have to say your view on this subject is very naive. You would tell my mom or sisters to make friends with their father/grandfather who molested them because...why, exactly?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
What Falcon says is true, and I would know myself. Not all family members will be there for their own 100% of the time; I have family like that, friends I know have family like that, and even my girlfriend has family like that.

You clearly haven't experienced just how messed up family can really be. To me, only few people in my family mean anything; the rest either mean nothing, or are people I want nothing to do with. Yes, Falcon is usually a cynic, but in this case, his cynicism does have a hell of a lot of merit, especially to those who knows what he means.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well said, LT. Coming from a similar background I can relate. Just because you have a thick sludge of someone else's blood in your veins doesn't mean you have to give them even an iota of...well, anything. You didn't ask for it, and it sure as hell doesn't mean a goddamn thing beyond a familial epithet.

Smooth Criminal

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I understand where everyone is coming from with the skepticism towards family, and while I used to agree and in most cases still do agree; I believe to say that the concept of family has no significance is incorrect. If I break my leg, and I need someone to come to my house and pick me up, I could call my family and they'd leave work to make sure I was ok{actually they'd just call me ambulance since they'd get there faster, but if there was no ambulance then they would} despite the fact that they're quite frequently pissed off at me and they think I'm very ungrateful. While I know a lot of family members aren't like that, a lot of them are. It's not a one-sided argument, family works both ways.

edit: I really hate that our helper does little else, but complain to my parents about me. Just like she's done since I was 14.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't add any friends until last year. And the only reason I did add some people was because I recognized them from 2007

Vashimus

Smash Master
LT, call me naive or whatever. I honestly couldn't care less what you think of me. I've had family problems before. I've gone through far worse than having to deal with fallouts from my family. Maybe I'm just tough-shelled like that and look to move past things. I'm usually not one to hold grudges against people. Hell, I'm not really that super close with my family either. My family's been FAR from supportive. I'm still warm to them when I meet them. I'm willing to put work in to make things work, I don't give up that easily. Now if your cousin killed your brother, your father molested your sister, or your uncle abused you as a kid, I would equate that as entirely different situations, in which case, you have every right to feel resentful. Even extending beyond family and friends, I have exes that I didn't end on good terms with, yet I can still contact them and act friendly, and they're warm and receptive to me, like we're friends patching things up. I don't like dwelling in the past too much, and I'm not one to burn bridges. Does that make me naive? Of course not, since everyone goes through this kind of strife at some point in their lives. But I'd rather punch strife in the face than have it dictate who I can and can't have relationships with. People change with time, and some problems seem petty the older you get. This is just how I've handled things, but you guys are free to do things as you please.

Claire, as much as cynicism can have merit, it certainly doesn't get you anywhere or solve anything. At least in my experience.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ah, well your original post seemed to advocate that family bonds is something that should "dictate who I can and can't have relationships with". I realize now that you didn't mean exactly that but that is the implication that I took from your original thesis, that any atrocity should be forgiven if it is a family member for the sole reason that they are a family member

Vashimus

Smash Master
Well, respect is earned as they say. Some things can be patched up with time. For the other things, the ugly things, you're better off with therapy.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Drop the cynicism. Your family is always there for you, as cheesy as it is.
Wow gee I sure hope no one here has had an abusive family member or one that just genuinely hated them because according to Vashimus those don't exist!

****ing ridiculous. You're willing to put up with **** you don't have to and expect us all to do the same without giving a single thought to how other people might have a different situation because apparently blood relations is all you need in order to make a relationship of some kind work!

But oh gee excuse me for not trying to maintain toxic relationships, guess I'm just a cynic!

Gonna go smash my head on a wall of spikes now.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Aaaaaand my next few posts following that go unnoticed.

Go ahead and rage, rather than man up. See where that gets you.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Cynicism alone will get no one anywhere, but understand that some family relationships are simply irreconcilable because said family member is just that unbearable. What can get someone somewhere is moving on, dropping said family member(s), and looking to other people who are more reliable, be it other family or friends. I'm not one who believes in strong bonds by blood alone because I've been through all of that and have friends that are more family to me than nearly all of my biological family.

Also, to say things patch up with time, and to say "see a therapist" is rather naïve and ignorant, as grief and pain between people - much less family - isn't as simple and black-and-white as you're making them out to be. One cannot measure the pain of another, and for all you know, the relationship between one person and another (disregarding whether they're blood related or not) is impossible to repair for a variety of reasons.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The therapy comment was meant to be tongue in cheek, but I understand.

I'm trying to get people to think optimistically, I was hoping you guys could at least meet me half-way. :c

Top Bottom