• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm about to ask two friends/family of mine if they can house me for a few days. I half expect them to say no and give me a lecture. Oh boy, here we go!

My mom forwarded me an e-mail of a loan statement for 1900$. o_O wtf? It's going to suck calling and finding what that's about.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
this is sort of late but **** people who go out to eat and dont tip or go eat with a huge group and ***** about the gratuity. i hope those people get murdered
LOOOOL

i wouldnt say murder
but it sucks when a table of like...10 people treat you like **** and then dont tip you, despite working your hardest ; _ ;

Fun fact: LeBron James would take his family/'crew' out to eat at expensive steakhouses, where they would start fights, be rude and annoying, and then tip less than 5%.
Don't be like LeBron. He's bad.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know what my problem is? Snow. God lord there is so much snow. I'm not talking a light flurry ether, it's more like a blizzard. It's so bad that I'm stuck inside my apartment. Going to work is going to be a nightmare with the large amounts of snow and ice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I DO usually tip, at least 15%. There have any been a few times when I didn't tip because the service was so bad. Not to mention I rarely go out in large groups.

I once accidentally gave a girl a 200% tip because I wasn't paying attention. She was hot. What I was getting was only a few bucks though, so the tip I gave should have only been like $.50 or something like that

Smash Lord
This weekend, a lot of things happened. I slept with a dude, I saw someone rub their naked ass on the window of a hotel, I also saw a red handprint on another dude's ass and to top it all off, I saw another man's ****.

I'm straight.

Please don't infract me for this. I need to vent. Edit if necessary.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
A **** can't make a "handprint" unless something seriously wrong is going on down there.

I'm sick, got a cold or something, can't really use the computer much cuz lol arm, and I keep transitioning between being really hot or really goddamn cold.

Smash Lord
A **** can't make a "handprint" unless something seriously wrong is going on down there.

I'm sick, got a cold or something, can't really use the computer much cuz lol arm, and I keep transitioning between being really hot or really goddamn cold.
I don't even.....

The handprint was made by a hand. I'm glad whatever was imagined didn't happen.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This weekend, a lot of things happened. I slept with a dude, I saw someone rub their naked *** on the window of a hotel, I also saw a red handprint on another dude's *** and to top it all off, I saw another man's ****.

I'm straight.

Please don't infract me for this. I need to vent. Edit if necessary.
Do you mean to say that as a straight guy you had sex with another man?

Edit: I am pissed off at my friend who i gave 315 dollars to. I told her not to give it away, but to spend it on herself. She knows that she is sick but she still goes and spend a whole lot of the money buying valentine's gifts for her church members and now she doesn't have enough money to go to the doctor. Now she's texting me about how scared she is, it's making my already bad week worse.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yes Froggy, the more probable interpretation of "I slept with a dude" when he is straight is that he ****ed a guy and not that he slept with a dude. :p

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yes Froggy, the more probable interpretation of "I slept with a dude" when he is straight is that he ****ed a guy and not that he slept with a dude. :p
I realize that's what's more probably. I just want to make sure I am not misinterpreting his statement. For all we know he slept next to a dude, with the guy kissing on him and that's what he's upset about.

Smash Lord
.... No, just sleeping. It was a band trip. The school pays the hotel fees, so everyone has to double up. :rolleyes: The other dude was straight too.

If I had sex I'd say it a bit more like this:

"I was ***** this weekend."

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Roommate owes me over 800$ in unpaid rent and utilities. If it gets over, 1000, I'm giving him a 2 week notice. He pays by then, everything will be fine. If I have to kick him out, I'm going to make sure I get my money back. I'll take him to court if I have to. I don't need extra stress right now. Other roommates at least pay like...a week or 2 late if they dont have the money. He keeps saying "Oh I have a job now I'll pay ASAP"

........nothing. He owes me rent from Feb and now March, since I just sent our landlord our rent.
There goes my savings. Ughhh....

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Trying to rent apartment from a different country is so frustrating when the phone's max volume is so low and you don't have a perfect signal. ****

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I want to avoid those since you hear a ton of horror stories about extreme debt. Granted, most people who graduate with $100K of debt attend private schools outside their state of residence for their entire 4 year academic career and I took the cheap way (community college with every scholarship and grant available) to avoid that scenario.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If you want to graduate, you'll likely have to take them. If you're smart about it you won't be in extreme debt, but it still depends on a lot of factors. The good news, though, is that you'll only have 3 semesters of taking them.

I want to avoid those since you hear a ton of horror stories about extreme debt. Granted, most people who graduate with $100K of debt attend private schools outside their state of residence for their entire 4 year academic career and I took the cheap way (community college with every scholarship and grant available) to avoid that scenario.
My suggestion is for you to submit a FAFSA and if you have anyone in your family that's a CPA or has experience with this to see how much you can get in terms of subsidized stafford loans. If you get a subsidized loan then interest doesn't accrue until six months after you graduate from school. If you're only worried about the last three semesters then that's even better seeing that you will have a lower loan and interest will have less of an impact.

If you are a STEM (Science Engineering Technology Mathematics) then I would definitely look at the US gov website as they host several scholarships for these majors. If you go to a sizable school then there are plenty of private benefactors and ex-alumnus who have scholarships set up for those who look. All it requires sometimes is just a letter explaining what you're studying and what you plan to do in the future.

Also ask your parents if they can give you some cash. Hell, ask anyone in your family to help you out and keep a record book with how much they are giving you on loan if you intend to pay them back as if you were taking out a formal loan. Private loan companies for education have the highest interest rates in comparison to federal loans. Sallie Mae in 2011 had an interest charge of 9.875 plus LIBOR. Compare this to PLUS federal loans that have a fixed interest rate of 7.9% as of 2013 for a quick comparison.

Just throwing out some options for you to consider.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
If it's just 3 semesters worth of loans then it should be manageable for you. You should check out all scholarships and grants that you qualify for first though

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am annoyed at how much of my remaining time in this country I have spent arguing with my little brother about nothing. I'll admit it is fun for me, and when I was younger it used to be the highlights of my week, but now it's pretty much just a waste of time. Took me too long to realize that.

Whoops, this was supposed to be a single post.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This weekend, a lot of things happened. I slept with a dude, I saw someone rub their naked *** on the window of a hotel, I also saw a red handprint on another dude's *** and to top it all off, I saw another man's ****.

I'm straight.
So did you go to smashfest last weekend? If so, I believe all of this.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, quote, you had me going there for a second. I was like, "Uh..you sure you're straight?"

With the truth in mind, I feel ya.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
If it's just 3 semesters worth of loans then it should be manageable for you. You should check out all scholarships and grants that you qualify for first though
I know. It's just that my family and I have had large debt for the better part of the last 10 years and knowing that I may have debt in my name now makes me feel that debt is an inescapable fact of life. I'm definitely applying for every grant and scholarship to offset the cost.

Also ask your parents if they can give you some cash. Hell, ask anyone in your family to help you out and keep a record book with how much they are giving you on loan if you intend to pay them back as if you were taking out a formal loan. Private loan companies for education have the highest interest rates in comparison to federal loans. Sallie Mae in 2011 had an interest charge of 9.875 plus LIBOR. Compare this to PLUS federal loans that have a fixed interest rate of 7.9% as of 2013 for a quick comparison.

Just throwing out some options for you to consider.
I'll keep these in mind; thanks.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'd like to understand why a professor would think testing you on material prior to the lecture would be a good idea. Effectively saying "So yeah, I want you to learn and understand everything in my notes before the beginning of next class. I'll elaborate on my notes with examples AFTER I test you (:"

If this was an external course with no marks, this method would work a lot better since everyone is there purely for learning and it was to assist understanding. But in a school environment, when you drag every student down into a ~50% average with no curve, we don't really want to deal with this ****. You're screwing everyone over and no one enjoys your lectures. If you ARE doing well in the course, you wouldn't even need to attend the lecture after the test since you already know everything. If you aren't, you come out of the test feeling **** and your mood is destroyed. What a nice way to learn something you just got screwed on!

I would even prefer a monotone professor over this. At least then if I don't understand something, I won't get penalized for it before he even teaches it. Best prof I ever had answered every question a student brings up, simple yet thorough examples, and an enthusiastic voice. He involves the class and always makes an attempt to have everyone understand what he just said. He didn't print out notes, we had to take our own even. It felt like the students actually learned from his lectures.

Ugh. If this wasn't a mandatory course, I would've ditched it day 1. Absolute worst prof I have EVER had.

Smash Lord
So did you go to smashfest last weekend? If so, I believe all of this.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu. No one I know irl is supposed to see this. This is supposed to be my anonymous venting outlet. None of this is public information to anyone else.

I already said this, but it was an overnight band trip. You know those chaperones or whatever they had in high school, they don't have those.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, from reading his quote I'm sure he had SOME kind of "Smash fest";)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Class was supposed to start march 4, and then suddenly, It's on march 5th. That's the same day I have an appointment with my hand surgeon until now.

I almost failed that class in february, and I'm not gonna go the appointment if it means that I'll have to be absent and start everything in confusion. twice.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Werekill!! <3

(I'm unhappy that I never get to talk to Werekill that often on smashboards anymore.)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Im unhappy because I had an awesome weekend and now its over and now i have class in 6 hours but dont feel like sleeping.
Sighhh

Im so done with this quarter

oh
also
figured out i forgot all my fabric at home
so i gotta go shopping in order to finish my costume before PAX East. Joy. Shopping u__u money i dont feel like spending

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
My head is scrabled about 90% of the day to the point I don't know what's going on and my senses blur over so bad I can't feel anything and I get a deep down itch(numbness is awful) and my head is so throgh it I am always tired I offen lay on the floor for 5 minutes before going upstairs to bed. And my balance is so awful I wanta puke.

The glass in my head from the car crash is numb and it drives me nuts. I don't wanta go in and hear about how I am nuts and wreak my future with the title of insane on every job interveiw, not dumb enough for that.

Even still with my head ripped apart I still passed my emt class with A 50% fail rate where I was so tired I lay on the desk.

I can't get the job either because i'm 19 and can't be covered by many companies because insurance is incredibely high and I work 50 hours a week at applebee so aweful people quit to go back to steak an shake.

Time is rapidly draining been in this loop for 2 months only really running into dead ends and slowly fixing my sexy sexy mustang.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I got out of school early sick and started vomiting. I tried to get some sleep, only to wake up and vomit all over my bed. Right now I'm shivering the floor of my bathroom because I feel like if I go any father away I won't be able get to the toilet.

Top Bottom