• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have told her. But she's also anxiety riddled and even more so when I am so my anxiety contributes to hers and

I just feel terrible.

:phone:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Damm, if you both have it then thats not good and makes things harder. Onky thing I can say is be there for one another. Think about it this way. You still have her. Its way better then not even being able to talk to her and all. I'll tell you a story that might help.

Horrible summer for both of us of 07. Her and her friends held a smashfest. Me and my crew "Imperial Era" were invited. This would be the first time me and her would meet. Me and the crew went. Her friends (Her crew) were all there, but she wasn't. Her best friend pulls me to the side and gives me a note. Saything that her grandpa died and had to go to his funeral in VA. We would pick up after she returned home the next day.

That nite she bugged her parents to go home cause she wanted to talk to me so bad. They were not suppose to leave till the next morning. Her parents gave in and said ok. On the way home they were hit by a drunk driver from the passenger side. Amber got a broken leg, arm and rips. Her mom took most of the damage.

I got this IM about what happen from one of her closest friends. When I found out I, this nasty feeling hit my body. Amber was out cold for about 2-3 days. Her mom was still out. Her dad was just..I can't explain it. Me, NinjaLink and Jash sent him all messages to hope his wife would make it and everything would be ok. She past away a few days later. She had taken to much damage for doctors to do anything.

2 weeks Amber was in the hospital until they released her. she was in a wheel chair. She was able to get on aim and talk to me with her left hand. I wanted to go and help her get better. But she refused to see me cause she did not want our first time for us to me with her in a wheelchair. At first I was upset cause I wanted to actually do something instead or sitting around. But I understood her reason. Someone you care about, right in front of you and not being able to hold them and all. So we agreed we wait till she heals fully then just pic up from the summer.

Soon as she healed, I found out she had to move to AZ. Her dad got relocated to another job. Amber kinda became distant and changed. And so did I. I still did not wanna just let this go. I refuse too. But she said it was best if we just not try to be with each other. I went insane. Took a while but I was able to just expect the fact that this was over. We are still friends and talk to each other every now and then. So I did not completely lose her. That is what is keeping me some what....fine.

We had so much in common. We both mained Peach too, heh. Our kids would have been ****. Take over the world. Only girl I ever met who put up with me when I had derpession and just tried her very best to help me. She was always there to talk. Always asked if I ate correctly, slept well, etc. Like a second mom to me. But I kinda blame myself for all of this. If I was not just an idiot back then, maybe we be together today. Ether way, I was never the same way again and this has scared me for life.

Me and her had our share of problems. Bit we were still there for each other. So do the same. Least this girl is in your life. While mines is gone.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
And now for the first time since I was told my contract is ending I am concerned. My adopted Aunt told me that things have changed and now it's likely I'll have to do an interview before being approved for unemployment, which is gotten be difficult as hell since I am leaving the country in a few days. If this unemployment doesn't go through then I am kinda screwed. I'm gonna pray on it tonight and just hope for the best.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
LOL what they meant by "our kids would've been ****" meant they're kids would be so good at smash.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I cannot believe this is happening. Apparently one of my unemployment security question is what color my 2002 car is, which is my mom's car which I had nothing to do with. I have to wonder how that happens, unless they put the car in my name or something. If I can't answer the question right now then I will have to file my claim in person.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was all excited cause one of my favorite bands was working on a music video where they would have lots of people record themselves either singing or playing the song and put them together. I was one of the first 4 to submit a clip. Then they made an update today saying that they want the clips to be a high resolution or they won't use them, and I don't have a good enough camera for that. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Edit: I just commented on their facebook page and they told me my clip is in despite it not being 720p. yay

:059:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My Aunt was telling me how unemployment insurance has changed and by all likelihood I won't be able to file my claims while I am in Jamaica. She is older so it's hard for me to take what she says seriously as in my experience older people tend to be out of touch, but I am not so arrogant as to not be worried about the things she says.

Also when I got my new job in April I called unemployment and asked them what to do about my old claims benefits now that I am reemployed they told me to do nothing, and simply stop claiming benefits and that would be enough. And having done some research on it appears as if that was not the case(yes I know I should have triple checked with them but I simply never got around to it), and now after having completed the application again I see my claim type is "additional". I'm not sure if addition is the default but it seems unlikely. ****.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people in relationships get into really stupid arguments?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
People in relationships see their other as a large part of their identity, to varying degrees, and expects things from them relative to that degree. Almost like perceiving an independent individual as an extension of your own will.

Enter, stupid arguments

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Hey, ToasterBrains, if you want to keep this going but want to ease yourself, maybe you should see if you can make plans for travel to see her. Even if it's far off due to being currently busy or something, maybe that would be helpful by letting the both of you know that you'll be able to see each other soon.

The anxiety seems to be a large factor in the problem, have you ever tried counseling or any
thing like that?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
work gave me hours during a time where it specifically says I have no availability.

I have no way of getting to work that day.

Manager told me my schedule was going to be set in stone for what I put. ...but then again also said I was going to be full time.

Not only am I getting 20 hours, I'm scheduled when I'm not available.

This stuff happens when the schedule person hates you, and is a different person than your manager.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ever since my gf and I broke up about a week ago I haven't able to sleep consistently... I almost always wake up in the middle of the night thinking about her with this slight ache in my stomach wondering if we made the right choice in splitting up or not.

Deep down I know I'm making the right choice but it still hurts knowing that someone that was a huge part of me isn't going to be there anymore (well at least not nearly as much). I'm not just losing a girlfriend, I'm losing my best friend of this past year and a half. It leaves me with this lonely, empty feeling. I hope these feelings go away soon.

The crazy thing is that this has been a pretty tame break up and I'm still feeling like this. I can't even imagine how bad it is for the people who unwillingly get dumped/cheated on... Break ups are hard stuff man. :(

Smash Lord
****! There has been another high scale fallout in one of my smash groups again. This has been the third time in about half a year. One of my groups is no longer functional because of it.

If you can ever call someone a "friend" you damn well better be able to reconcile the serious **** that happens between you. Especially if it indirectly affects other people around you.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The stuff I had all disappeared, a few days back home and I think one of my brothers stole them from me. Now I have to go on and hide everything avian.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
blarbitty blah blah
DWL. Dude don't miss it and above all else don't have it. I did and it nearly ruined my life. And trust me it doesn't even feel much different. I'm a guy telling you that it's just not worth it.

Y

Yodery

Today I poured myself a bowl of cereal, but then I realized... I had no milk.

;__;

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Happened to me the other day >.< and I never eat cereal so I was like, WHY TODAY OUT OF ALL DAYS? Lol

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i'm beginning to feel completely indifferent to absolutely everything and i don't enjoy anything that i ever considered a hobby anymore. i don't know what to do anymore. the thought of doing something new and experiencing things really doesn't phase me at all. those are a lot of things. i'm honestly thinking about just doing a couple of absolutely stupid impulsive things i would never do without thinking and see if it makes me happy and if it doesn't i don't know. sorry.

Y

Yodery

i'm beginning to feel completely indifferent to absolutely everything and i don't enjoy anything that i ever considered a hobby anymore. i don't know what to do anymore. the thought of doing something new and experiencing things really doesn't phase me at all. those are a lot of things. i'm honestly thinking about just doing a couple of absolutely stupid impulsive things i would never do without thinking and see if it makes me happy and if it doesn't i don't know. sorry.
Time to hit the bong.

Maybe you should try vinyl record collecting, a hobby I recently picked up. There's just something about having a hard copy of your favorite album in your hands, you know? :D

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i don't have the money nor the space to collect anything
i'm really poor and hard with my money, i usually don't buy anything besides food and metrocards for when i have to go out

i am considering recreational drug use though. thanks for the suggestion even if it was just a joke.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
There's just something about having a hard copy of your favorite album in your hands, you know? :D
I agree, I don't download albums online unless I absolutely HAVE to. Just having a physical collection is more meaningful.

Y

Yodery

cannedbread, I recommend listening to The Replacements' "Let it Be" album if you're feeling angsty atm.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
unf i love that album

but i'm listening to bad moon rising by sonic youth right now

perfect soundtrack to my deteriorating mental health

but seriously, i think i'm gonna call some hotlines or contact a counselor tomorrow, i feel really ****ing bad

Y

Yodery

Aiight just hang in there, and keep your head up. :)

Tim is better than Let it Be btw

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've watched been watching the videos of 2 official accounts on youtube, created BY the actual owner of the videos, and both have been deleted by youtube for account violations. Strange.

The AVGN's official account among them. Well, in the least I can see why he has violations in his videos, but they've been on youtube for years

EndlessSummer101

Smash Rookie
:RANT, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:

First of all, I have a bunch of finals coming up. Today I did my oral-spanish final. I got so nervous that I started STUTTERING like an idiot. I managed to get 70 %, which I'm a tad disappointed in, as I actualy prepared for it. I have zero time to sit down, take a breath and clear my mind when I'm shoved deep into my textbooks. (AP sucks, in my opinion.)

Second of all, I keep being bothered by these dumb, pretentious girls who don't know how to keep their f****** mouths shut.

Rant is over.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
After weeks I finally manage to get NJ Unemployment on the phone. And I end up giving them the wrong call back number because my aunt texted me the wrong number.

On the goodside I think I've found the best number to call them on. So hopefully next week should be an doable process.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I missed my first day of university English because I got the date wrong and went Friday instead of Thursday morning...

I feel like an idiot. Going to University and I make huge mistakes like that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
It kinda pisses me off that I've had my computer checked out 5 times for repairs, based on the warranty I have. And the one time my warranty was denied and I had to pay for my repairs, is the one time a white guy came to service my computer.

Top Bottom