• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Go online to check my registration status and my upcoming courses for university...only to see I've been dropped from everything for some reason. Not even considered as a registered student any more. I paid all the fees too...So atm there goes the one thing I was even remotely looking forward to and hoping greatly that I'll get a straight answer when I call the school tomorrow.

I also hate how I'm posting in this threat a little too often lately. Not good.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I feel so friggin pathetic not being able to drive. I'm 18 and yet I feel so far behind everyone else in this category. All my friends have their license and basically openly mock me on it because I've yet to acquire mine. I have my L, but that doesn't mean much. Reason I don't have my N is due to lack of money to afford driving lessons, my parents or anyone else I know don't care enough to let me practice with their car, and I'm far too poor to even afford my own car either. Also I have a slight phobia of driving (to date, the only fear I think I have is driving).

Sucks being poor and having a hard time to find a job also, despite having good previous work experience and a very high g.p.a. Sigh. A man once said "I'd rather be a lucky man than a smart one" I'm starting to believe that. I have some very good qualities about myself (attractive, muscular, intelligent, productive) but I always feel like I'm just getting handed the short end of the stick by life cause my luck is just awfulllll. Sigh.
Dude I'm 23 and I don't know how to drive, that's pathetic. Being 18 and not having a license is totally normal. Especially, for minorities. I would advise you to learn how to drive before you graduate college though. It'll matter a lot more by that point.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We have effectively stopped tracking productivity numbers at my job, so I feel like I no longer have anyway of showing my value and getting ahead at this job. It's all very demotivational. I feel like I can't even muster up enough enthusiasm to continue working today.

The only thing I feel like I have to look forward to is next year, when I'll have my license, hopefully be able to afford a car, hopefully a good review from my current job, and be making a better salary. It's like I'm living for the future instead of the present and it's completely exhausting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not showing production numbers isn't as bad as when my work decided it was a good idea to have production numbers on your name badge. That didn't last long.

I'm sure that would encourage discrimination

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Happy about getting the new place!
.....but unhappy because I just had to transfer utilities in my name xP Yaaaaay bills xP

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ok so THANKFULLY I quickly re-registered all of my courses again in order to keep my spots. Even better the waitlists for Psychology and Sociology have declined to 8 and 6 respectively. Now I need 3 1100 courses to apply for a loan and right now I only have 2 (English, anthropology, and qualifying chem and math) so really hoping I can get registered in time to apply for the loan. I'm taking the first course out of the two that I can get into (Hoping more on psychology though). By taking all these courses first semester, I'll have my chemistry and most of my co requisites done with so I'd be good to take nursing second semester. Here's hoping!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
It sounds cool
Its just the most tedious thing ever

Also it's nerve wracking and ill be up til like 3am and i wont even be done with it D:

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I kinda wanna get a new set of pikmanz before they go completely out of stock forever but they're pretty expensive. Am I being unrelatable enough yet? Bills? Not a problem? No relationship issues? Check.

BUT I NEED SOME TINY FIGURES TO FEEL OK WITH THE UNIVERSE.

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH ME.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Not showing production numbers isn't as bad as when my work decided it was a good idea to have production numbers on your name badge. That didn't last long.

I'm sure that would encourage discrimination
Showing production numbers(discreetly) is good, because is shows who(me) is working above the above the average.

I'm confident I'm not very far from getting fired, and after today I'll be even closer. I'm exhausted.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out today. :(
I did that once! Was fun!

I'm lying!

But honestly I hear experiences vary, actually wasn't too bad for me, I've heard others say they needed pain meds for awhile. If it helps though, I might have a cavity or cracked filling right now!

;~;

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Haha, thanks guys. It went rather well actually, but it turns out I am resistant to sedation at certain doses. I had some convos with the doctor while we were trying to find the right dose, but after that, I went out and it all went well.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
ugh, I hear you. I have to get my wisdom teeth out, plus 2 other teeth pulled so I can get my teeth straightened, on the same day. Not gonna be fun.

and lol I'm difficult to knock out for some reason as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The medicine they gave me to knock me out didn't take effect until they removed 2 of my wisdom teeth. During that time period it was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced.

The teeth wouldn't come out right so they literally had to go into my mouth and break them down into smaller pieces and taken them out piece by piece.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yikes! Looks like I really am getting fired. I have to meet with my supervisor and my boss afterwork today. Since my last progress report I didn't think I screwed up. I guess I was wrong.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well I am not getting fired. My position is being terminated so I guess in a sense I am being layed off. They made it clear it wasn't based on performance, and that the issue is that the company simply doesn't have enough work to keep my position open. Whether or not that is completely true, the great thing is that they made it clear that I can use them as a reference in the future and they have positive things to say about me(I wish it was excellent things, but :( ). My last day is two weeks from tomorrow.

Not entirely sure what's next for me, I'll call some friends and family tonight to figure things out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Made some grits that weren't bad, I never made grits I liked before. I added salt, butter, egg, and cheese to it

I prefer cream of wheat as my grainy breakfast thing. Sugar, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc. added to it

Unhappy all I have are grits

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Aww :c Best of luck finding a new job, Froggy!

--

I'm stressing out
I can't concentrate on my last final project at the moment...and I still have to pack all my stuff since I'll be moving out of the dorms tomorrow.
I'm getting a headache, i havent been eating or sleeping well for the past few weeks, and i just feel anxious...especially since we are going to be getting grades back soon.....
I cannot wait to go home tomorrow night. I just need a break.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a history teacher that probably thought I was cheating because all I did was draw in class and got A's on every test

Little does he know that drawing during lectures is a good way of listening. It keeps your brain active while listening

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Kind of sucks when your sleeping habits are so out of whack. I don't feel tired until 4AM or later and I can never sleep earlier than that. I just can't. I just lie there tossing and turning and I just can't fall asleep >_<

My folks are on my case that I sleep all day and I'm up all night and honestly, I'm kind of sick of it too.

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Kind of sucks when your sleeping habits are so out of whack. I don't feel tired until 4AM or later and I can never sleep earlier than that. I just can't. I just lie there tossing and turning and I just can't fall asleep >_<

My folks are on my case that I sleep all day and I'm up all night and honestly, I'm kind of sick of it too.

:phone:
I had that problem when i was younger. Usually reading comics on my computer without any music, would help me fall asleep really well.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I went to my state's unemployment website and nearly got a heart attack when I saw that emergency unemployment benefits, was being discontinued. Thought it meant I was just ****ed after in two weeks when I'm done with this job. Apparently though EUC is for when you've exhausted your regular Unemployment benefits, I didn't even know such a thing existed. The whole thing still has me a bit apprehensive, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Top Bottom