• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
This is interesting. I always hear this from people. Somehow, on the internet, everything is not as important and or a joke. I don't understand this line of logic. How is something taking place on the internet not as important with something that happens in person? I've had civil discussions online where it has actually made a change in me where I change my stance in a subject. I know that this is my experience, but surely this must mean that it isn't the case all the time.

Masquerain, you can get ahold of the police to start an investigation and hopefully, she can get emancipated.
For me, personally, it's not "on the internet" entirely as it is "on a video game social forum". It's pointless to me to come to SWF of all places to have a serious debate about life when I can get an immeasurably better level of discourse from various other forums like SomethingAwful or any specialty philosophy forums. Not saying there aren't smart or insightful people who make good posts (there are a couple, honest!) but it's completely not what I want to do for leisure in my time posting at this specific forum.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
This is interesting. I always hear this from people. Somehow, on the internet, everything is not as important and or a joke. I don't understand this line of logic. How is something taking place on the internet not as important with something that happens in person? I've had civil discussions online where it has actually made a change in me where I change my stance in a subject. I know that this is my experience, but surely this must mean that it isn't the case all the time.
I don't mind debating stuff irl, the conversation generally flows more smoothly and is more dynamic.

I just can't be bothered to type up a huge post, nitpicking or addressing someone else's argument. And then replying to their counter-argument, and so on. It's just not a particularly good use of my time, to be honest.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Falconv1.0: I sort of... like you, if that means anything? Even if you're an angry jerk all the time.

Basically, what I'm trying to get out there is... Am I missing something? Is there something I can actually do besides talk to her? What should I be saying to the girl? What about the boyfriend? I'm so confused as to how to help. I've tried a few things, but I'm just not getting through to them, and I don't know if I can at this point. Any advice before it gets worse? :/
Have you tried speaking with a school counselor, teacher, principle, or even a police officer? If she can't or won't help herself, and if her boyfriend can't or won't do anything, then maybe you can try. You'd be surprised how helpful the people mentioned can be, unless they're uncaring, ignorant jerks.

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Joey, like what everyone else has been saying, you have to tell somebody.
If her mom is the cause of her self harm, then that isnt a safe environment for her to be living in, especially if it is impeding her going to school as well. She either needs to get out of there or get stuff worked out with her mom with intervention from professionals or authorities if need be.

Also loool Falcon gettin' all the ladies xD

----

also im upset because we decided to kick a person from our housing group for next quarter. Hes nice and all, but he doesnt really fit well into the group (hard to explain) and itd be an uncomfortable time with everyone. Also, by doing so, we could convince another friend to share a room if his friend decided to live with us....and his friend gets along with the entire group, and he only talked to everyone for an hour or so

I just feel so bad though....hes a nice person and a nice friend, but idk how good of a roommate he would have been in this group.....

ugh i hope i made the right decision.....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is the last week I'll ever see the girl in my class I had a crush on. We talked all throughout the quarter but ever attempt I made to have an out of class something didn't work out. Though she did give me her phone number

I feel kind of sad, because while we'll be at the same school starting next quarter I'll only be in classes for my field and she'll only be in classes dealing with hers.

Maybe I should see if we can add each other on facebook...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
This is the last week I'll ever see the girl in my class I had a crush on. We talked all throughout the quarter but ever attempt I made to have an out of class something didn't work out. Though she did give me her phone number

I feel kind of sad, because while we'll be at the same school starting next quarter I'll only be in classes for my field and she'll only be in classes dealing with hers.

Maybe I should see if we can add each other on facebook...
I had a thing like that once.

Girl ended up being ****ing bat**** nuts and it was the worst time of my life ever.

So yeah run away and go gay.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Veetak this is not the place to pretend to be a mod at, and on a more serious note, there is an actual life lesson there, which is don't get too hung up on it. I'm doing fine, whatever happens in their situation happens, and regardless in the end they should be fine!

>:[

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
All nighter
Homework due at 8
Procrastinated due to unforseen circumstances messing with the house hunt mixed with apathy towards the class
....but im against turning in work late in college....so yeah.....gonna power through this and begin my next assignments after. 5 hours til class....only running on green tea and Christmas music.

----

Edit:
all nighter was successful
just finished work
its not half bad
not good
but not bad

success

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gave a decent 1 minute presentation today. Went over well. However, I have a bad phobia of public speaking, and because I forced myself (which took a lot of effort) to appear not on the verge of weakness, immediately after the presentation I had massive amounts of actual physical pain.

Sigh.

EDIT:
Also, I have a tendency to think about my failed "love life" whenever I am left alone too long, and recently (besides my prom date and back up date which is probably going to render my point invalid), I haven't been able to get this really gorgeous girl at my school out of my head. It doesn't help that she dressed up as Princess Jasmine once and I can't get A Whole New World out of my head. Sigh.

Lest I look like I'm using these females,
Prom date is my best friend, backup was kinda forced on me, and crush is crush.

how do i women

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Thanks guys! ^_^. Her mom decided to finally call a doctor after constant begging by the daughter. Taking it to the police would have been a failure due to lack of abuse physically. We tried talking to the counselor beforehand, but she said that she couldn't help in the specific situation due to lack of information from the girl harming herself. Regardless, thanks a lot guys! :).

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Gave a decent 1 minute presentation today. Went over well. However, I have a bad phobia of public speaking, and because I forced myself (which took a lot of effort) to appear not on the verge of weakness, immediately after the presentation I had massive amounts of actual physical pain.

Sigh.

EDIT:
Also, I have a tendency to think about my failed "love life" whenever I am left alone too long, and recently (besides my prom date and back up date which is probably going to render my point invalid), I haven't been able to get this really gorgeous girl at my school out of my head. It doesn't help that she dressed up as Princess Jasmine once and I can't get A Whole New World out of my head. Sigh.

Lest I look like I'm using these females,
Prom date is my best friend, backup was kinda forced on me, and crush is crush.

how do i women
Be more direct with them, if they reject your advances, **** em they aren't worth it BECAUSE THEY ARE DUMB. I don't actually believe that but I mean, you kinda need to believe that. Or you can use hippy dippy happy logic and go OH SHE'S JUST NOT RIGHT FOR ME THEN. Whatever works.

JUST BRUTE FORCE IT YOU'LL GET TO THE MIDCARD EVENTUALLY BROTHER.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Thanks guys! ^_^. Her mom decided to finally call a doctor after constant begging by the daughter. Taking it to the police would have been a failure due to lack of abuse physically. We tried talking to the counselor beforehand, but she said that she couldn't help in the specific situation due to lack of information from the girl harming herself. Regardless, thanks a lot guys! :).

That's great man. It looks like you just made a big difference in someone's life. You should be happy with yourself :)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
So I'm just gonna say this first link has an image that isn't exactly not safe for work but it's not for the weak.
http://sandrarose.com/2012/12/ny-post-cover-photo-of-doomed-man-prompts-public-outcry/

****ing everything about this story is everything about humanity that I hate all rolled up into one. But hey wait no there's still one thing left: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/men-working-sign-deemed-sexist-ohio-college-demands-work-halt-article-1.1213388

A nation of cowards and men not being allowed to be men, in fact they're encouraged to be more like women, that's what we live in!

And I have an arm condition that makes working on my level hard, so that too!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So I'm just gonna say this first link has an image that isn't exactly not safe for work but it's not for the weak.
http://sandrarose.com/2012/12/ny-post-cover-photo-of-doomed-man-prompts-public-outcry/

****ing everything about this story is everything about humanity that I hate all rolled up into one.
That is just truly tragic. And why didn't the photographer help the poor man up?! He was certainly close enough! I swear, people nowadays!
But hey wait no there's still one thing left: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/men-working-sign-deemed-sexist-ohio-college-demands-work-halt-article-1.1213388

A nation of cowards and men not being allowed to be men, in fact they're encouraged to be more like women, that's what we live in!
Wow, people become needlessly sensitive of the most petty things, and I can't help but notice it's usually the feminist community. After goodness knows how many years signs like that have been used, they choose now of all times to complain? It's no different than PETA and their complaints with Super Mario 3D Land, and Pokémon B/W 2.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100

****ing everything about this story is everything about humanity that I hate all rolled up into one. But hey wait no there's still one thing left: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/men-working-sign-deemed-sexist-ohio-college-demands-work-halt-article-1.1213388

And I have an arm condition that makes working on my level hard, so that too!

MAAAAAAAAAAAAD
A large part of the problem is that men say nothing in defense on themselves when it comes to matters like this, they feel as if chivalry is expected of them. You complain about this on the internet, but when you see a related matter in real life do you speak up for it?

It reminds me of when I was younger my father used to tell me that whenever a women entered the room I was expected to stand, we butted heads over it because I refused to do something so ******** and prejudice simply because society expected of me. Hopefully bias against men is something males will take more seriously in the coming generation, I think it's up to us to really speak out against it though.

Edit: Does anyone mind copying and pasting the the text from the first link uploading that pic to a photobucket? The software at work is blocking me from viewing that website.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I feel rather down today. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I want to say it's a mix between boredom and having this feeling that I'm unappreciated for some of the things I do for people. I also am having issues with my own appearance, though I suppose that's to be expected, and can change with time.

I guess I'm just being needlessly *****y and emotional over what some would say are petty things, but seeing as this is The Unhappy Thread, I may as well vent out when I can.

A friend of mine will be picking me up today to hang out with him, so hopefully a day out with friends will help reverse my mood a whole 180 degrees.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
hanging out with friends usually helps. i don't get too very often because i just don't have much motivation to leave the house, and they're all busy with school, but it does make me feel better when i do.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Registering for University is a pain :/ Going into Psychiatric Nursing; so many courses to take. Going to talk to a counsellor tomorrow...but not a career counsellor, a drop in one. Last time I talked with one of them...no very helpful. I'm mainly confused as to what courses I have to take first semester. Oh and of courses depending entirely on loans sucks too.

joY

Pot splitter
I am positively stuck on this epistemology term paper I am supposed to write.

And even now, posting to this thread doesn't help.

BLERG
10BLERGS

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of my front teeth chipped off when I was in the 5th grade (Playing football of all things). Somehow the filling that covers it just chipped off, while eating bread of all things.

The dentist said if it broke again they'd have to do something more serious (and costly).

I don't have dental insurance

I'm going to have to just live with a funny smile

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I'm trying to register for university courses and it won't even let me take Chem 11 because "co/pre requisites are not met" WTF?!? What kind of pre req would basic high school chemistry require asides from science 10? Ughhhhh

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does your class registrations not tell what the prerequisite is?

Maybe it requires a math class you haven't taken yet.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So I'm trying to register for university courses and it won't even let me take Chem 11 because "co/pre requisites are not met" WTF?!? What kind of pre req would basic high school chemistry require asides from science 10? Ughhhhh
Your prerequisite is probably Chem 101(or maybe Chem 100), you may want to talk to your academic adviser, some prerequisites can be bypassed, I bypassed a few during my tenure in college.

Top Bottom