• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

cannedbread

Smash Lord
you don't want to fight for survival? well i guess that makes you a free meal. do you live around new york? try not to be busy for these few couple of days i like my humans tender.

oh and soy and worcestershire sauce. drink plenty of soy and worcestershire sauce.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or they aren't around anymore BECAUSE they predicted the future

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Awww, I don't think anyone got my Smooth Criminal joke.

Not a big deal but I'm really sad Daigo didn't win the SF4 25th anniversary tournament. You could tell he really wanted it, especially after blowing up Infiltration in winners.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
And now I am definitely going back to Jamaica. A week ago I would have never imagined this. My mind is all over the place. I wanna leave my job with a good impression but I can't imagine that I'll be able to focus on my job, at least not today.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I'm stressing about work...

I work at Target, and I really do like it, but things aren't going so well atm.

I gave someone my shift when I couldn't work that day, they took it and we discussed it with the LOD. They were supposed to work their shift PLUS mine (I added about 5hrs to their original shift) However, the only showed up for mine. He told the LOD I was taking his earlier one, which wasn't true, and now I have a no call no show. Wtf.

Second, the REDcards...
Where do I start? The first couple weeks I got around 5 or 6 and I got praised by the GSTLs, then I didn't get any for 3 weeks and theykeep telling me how dissapointed they are in me for not getting any.

It really feels like if I don't get any cards, I'm gonna get fired. I felt such a huge relief when I signed someone up for the REDcard Sunday, but I really don't like how it feels my job is dependant on the customers will to sign up for the card.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
First of all, always check with a manager yourself to make sure that they swapped the shifts properly even if someone else said they would.

Second, membership cards are always a ***** to try and sell people. You can always ask your managers or co-workers for tips on how to sell them, it's not like they can get mad at you for wanting to do better.

All in all, don't sweat it too much. It's a minimum wage part-time job, it's not going to greatly impact your life.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If you really care about the card thing, ask the people who are doing the best how to do better, look up stuff, etc. Don't let anxiety defeat you, people are dumb and begging to have their money taken from them!

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
All in all, don't sweat it too much. It's a minimum wage part-time job, it's not going to greatly impact your life.
Do you know how hard it was to find a place that was hiring people that didn't have any experience? D:

If you really care about the card thing, ask the people who are doing the best how to do better, look up stuff, etc. Don't let anxiety defeat you, people are dumb and begging to have their money taken from them!
I've tried researching, found a few new tricks I can try, but most people just don't wanna sign up for it. =/

Also, I really wanna keep this job after the holidays because the employees are really nice, and the management is very understanding (LOD said he'll talk to me about the shift issue :3) but whether they keep me after the holidays or not all depends on how well I check people out and how many cards I sell D:

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I've been in your shoes before, haha.

Look at it this way, even if they don't keep you on after Christmas, you'll still have the experience that you can put on your resume.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I've been in your shoes before, haha.

Look at it this way, even if they don't keep you on after Christmas, you'll still have the experience that you can put on your resume.
QFT.

Despite my earlier comments about expectations and stuff at the workplace, Lyth and Falcon are right. Don't sweat it, White Mage. If you do, that's usually when the bad **** starts to happen. Just keep working and let it roll off of you.

And if you end up getting fired? Sure it'll sting your pride and feelings a little bit, but there's always another chance. You're young, you're living with your folks still, and you're still in High School---you can afford it.

Also, angry again. Dunno why.

Smooth Criminal

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
They... actually are around still. Just not in huge numbers.
The Mayans were smart enough to just nod at whatever the Spanish said to not get killed and retain a lot of their land. The ancient cities may just be archaeological sites now but if you take a trip to Can-Cun or the Mexican riviera you'll see Mayan people all over the place, lol.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
@Whitemage: You're inexperienced. This is the time you're supposed to screw and not know what to do. You'll eventually learn how to convince people to get member cards with greater success in the future. Don't feel bad for not being perfect at your job.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What's new with your situation? last I remember your land lord was likely to kick you out for being messy
My employment contract is ending early, and so rather than waste my money on rent I'm moving out the apartment next week. I'm gonna go back to Jamaica for about two months to learn how to drive.

Edit: And I must say, it's really nice not to have to worry about what my landlord thinks for once.

JeLe

Smash Rookie
I've been studying the Spanish language for years now. And I wanted a challenge this year, so I signed up for what was, on paper, the accelerated Spanish course.
Well, it turns out I got stuck in the "dumb" class. We're approaching in on finals now, and I still can't wrap my head around how the accelerated course is full of people who are unwilling to, well, speak Spanish. Since that's kinda the entire point of the course.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm wondering how different my current position would be and life would turn out had I gotten my drivers license over the summer, like I had planned to, instead of freaking and being depressed over maybe having HIV from high risk sex. I'd just be looking for another job now instead of going back home to get my license and avoid paying rent. I'm not sure under what circumstances I'll reenter America, I swear it's the little thing that to tend to have the most profound effects on the trajectory of our lives.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Getting HIV is one of the "little things" now?

lol
......No. The little thing was having unprotected sex. And I don't have HIV.

I swear everytime I read your posts you come off as dumber and dumber.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well that's not a very nice thing to say.

:(
Would you rather I lie to you?

Edit: If I can find a cheap enough room to rent(like the room I had before I moved to CNJ) then it might be better for me to move in there. I'll start looking into that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm never fully rested for work, since I keep waking up in the middle of the night because I didn't turn off the TV, change into my sleeping clothes or stick my earplugs in or any combination of the three. I go to rest in my bed and in a minute I'm already asleep. I used to have a hard time falling asleep and now I can't stop.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
I work all weekend, including Christmas Eve. I have 7-9 hr shifts... good luck me ;-;

Also just in case the world ends: Goodbye everyone! :p

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I saw that. Somehow I feel like we've been over this "issue" multiple times already.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh no, I just realized that millions of people play Black Ops.

There are psychotic killers everywhere!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbh Black Ops probably is having a detrimental effect on our youth, that effect being the massive lowering of standards and expectations from an entertainment medium.

So won't be sad to see it go!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Yeah, basically CoD/Black Ops is creating a generation of zombies. Pretty soon it will be anarchy as a new installment is released and the stores can't satisfy the demand so millions of gamers will create havoc on the streets. Basically "do you read Sutter Cane?" except it'll be "do you play Black Ops?"

That said, while I think anybody with half a brain realizes that video games don't make people violent, I do think they desensitize young people to violence, unless those young people are specifically taught about what real violence is like. For example, I doubt most thirteen year-olds have any idea how horrific real gun wounds can be, but there's a whole generation of them who subconsciously equate it with a click and a kill. Of course, it's not like video games alone are responsible for this. Movies and TV have been doing it for decades longer.

Top Bottom