• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

smash superstar

Smash Ace
hey add me.

Im from Taylorville.

i dont really know who im going to main yet...but im really liking sonic and wario so...

main: sonic
second: wario

that may change though.

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
May as well put me down.
I'm going to use a different tag for Brawl though, its Eme.
I'm going to make an effort to main Ike and second Sheik.

On here, I'll remain as Feiy.
But if I'm taped or whatever, I'll either be Eme or Feiy.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
From Aurora here.

The most I know on who I'm using is Marth. Kinda like everyone so i'm bouncing around clueless on my secondaries.

Brawl tag being "SothE"

Minty

Smash Apprentice
yo thats my zip code ****ing stalker... JK it is my zip code.. what are you doing around that area? Anyhow your about.. 5 mins away from me if your driving.. if your walking i say about 20?

S

SpongeDestroyer

Hey, does anybody play Brawl over at UIC? Long breaks suck the big one when all I have is my DS ><

B.W.

Smash Champion
Well I'm back. Looks like it's time to update, eh?

I'm currently maining Toon Link and Dedede, but for all I know Dedede could change.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
yo thats my zip code ****ing stalker... JK it is my zip code.. what are you doing around that area? Anyhow your about.. 5 mins away from me if your driving.. if your walking i say about 20?

Tiiiiight... well it's my spring break and I'm staying at my sisters. On thursday I'm seeing Jersey Boys but I don't think we have anything planned for most of Thursday and nothing on Friday or Saturday. Her apartment is a little ways off from that so we will see. I will gladly walk 20 minute for some smashing.

Zjiin

Smash Master
OP updated.

for those of you who aren't sure of who you will main, it isn't important to guess what you want, so don't feel obligated.

Also, i play a lot online now, so feed me Friend codes! (numnumnumnumnum)

Nike

Smash Apprentice
when u on? it would be great to play someone with some experience.

also after some soul searching it has been revealed to me that i will main wolf.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
@Mrobinson587 just curious how old are you? o_O. Anyhow i'll have to see if im busy those days but for sure Friday is a maybe... how long do you plan on staying? =O

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Eat, my friend, eat.

1891-0832-4255

Zjiin, I'm going to challenge you. I've gotten exponentially better than I was over at the Cave.

For those who do plan on adding me, let me know so I can add your FCs as well. Don't want to add people if they aren't going to add me in return. Just takes up space.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Zjiin: I did done add you. I'll warn you though, I've gotten better since the Cave.

Ban: I didn't get to play you at the Cave. Maybe we can hit up some online later?

Question for all: how much lag do you guys have? I'm not talking about the game freezing, etc. I mean, when I press a button, it takes like a good 20 frames or so to register what I've pressed. Anyone else having this issue? And my connection is pretty **** good (completely smooth for CoD4), so I'm not sure if it's Nintendo's servers or not. No other friend of mine has this issue as much as I do, even those with worse connections.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Question for all: how much lag do you guys have? I'm not talking about the game freezing, etc. I mean, when I press a button, it takes like a good 20 frames or so to register what I've pressed. Anyone else having this issue? And my connection is pretty **** good (completely smooth for CoD4), so I'm not sure if it's Nintendo's servers or not. No other friend of mine has this issue as much as I do, even those with worse connections.
I get the same thing, except it only happens in the beginning of the match. It seems to fix itself a few seconds after the match begins and I don't usually have any problems after that point.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Zjiin: I did done add you. I'll warn you though, I've gotten better since the Cave.

Ban: I didn't get to play you at the Cave. Maybe we can hit up some online later?

Sounds good. I'll add you when I get back from school.

Yeah, I have a bit of input lag as well. Every now and again, I get lag-less matches, which leads me to think the lag is caused by my opponent's connection. It's not too bad though. Just takes a minute to adjust.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
What time on Friday or Sat? Im busy Sat + Sunday so if you give me a time preference I can get back to you

Minty

Smash Apprentice
alright lemme know by tonight then.

On a side note..

I have recently created a Brawl Clan with Loo if anybody is interested in joining check out

teamomega.forump.biz

We are currently recruiting =]. Just fill out a tryout form and we'll just play best of 3 and see what happens there.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
what lag xD and Updated link new clan name called Team Omega =O Whats wrong with me using cookies?

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Now having played a sufficient amount of Brawl, I've decided that I'm going to play MetaKnight.

I highly doubt I'll be switching mains, so feel free to update me.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
alright lemme know by tonight then.

On a side note..

I have recently created a Brawl Clan with Loo if anybody is interested in joining check out

teamomega.forump.biz

We are currently recruiting =]. Just fill out a tryout form and we'll just play best of 3 and see what happens there.
Yeah I'm sorry I'll be passing this time. We have to go back home a day early because of other grandma is in the hospital.

I holla at you the next time im in Chi town.

And it was nice playing with you jazzness and Matt.
Adios Illinois!,,

Minty

Smash Apprentice
@mrobinson alright just lemme know via smashboards.
@zellsfalco as of now the clan is basically a place for people to crash and get to know one another. Regarding MLG we might going depending on how many have transportation. Our goal is to get as many member as possibly to represent us in the 50 states and maybe in other countries as well. So Basically if I werent able to make it to Canada, there will be people that currently reside in Canada that will be able to attend that tournament representing Team Omega. =D

Beelzenef

Smash Rookie
Can you add me to Skokie, plz? I main Wolf.

And Wi-Fi was somewhat disappointing at first, but I'm trying to get by the constant lags.

P.S. Wolf is too good :laugh:

Zjiin

Smash Master
[2k post] I'm using this one to tell IL that we aren't going to be slackin in Brawl like we were in Melee. I want to see active players around and i want people to know Chicago/IL is home to some really good smashers. It's a fresh start, so you'd better not ease up!

Zellsfalco

Smash Apprentice
sorry cant show much about chicago bein home gotta show a bit of the good C-Dale players!! :p
and minty -->Verification hasnt shown up in my bulk or inbox in msn. so.... i will try out l8er today if my parents dont hog the big screen or if the verification works :p

Top Bottom