• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Mars-

Smash Champion
Haha, awesome. I like how you knew who I was going to main without me even saying it.

A small request though...could you switch me over to the Carol Stream section? I actually live in Glendale Heights, but nobody has ever heard of it and Carol Stream is only 5 minutes away. This way people will actually know the general area instead of going "wtf is Glendale Heights."
I checked the list and saw you were in carol stream, had to check to see if it was just a mistake. You should leave yourself in Glendale Heights because people might live there, and I have heard of it too.

Also new people:

Asfidif- West Chicago
Mains Wolf, seconds lucario

Pimp- Carol Stream
Mains Sonic

I second sonic.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
That's true, but I think the main reason you know about it is because you live so close. Smashers from Chicago may not necessarily know where it is. I know a lot of people on campus here don't know where it is, but when I say it's near Carol Stream, they're like, "oh, I know where that is."

I just figured it would be easier for most people this way.

Zanza

Smash Rookie
We figure that there were 40+ people attending the Pekin Gamestop tournament alone, I figure we could hook a few of them into doing a real tournament someday. Not to mention all those who no doubt attended the Peoria ones, like at Northwoods Mall and the like.
Heh, I'd definetly be up for that. Specially to get a few good rematches from some of those people. I didn't feel it was fair doing 1 min time matches to win that dumb thing, but meh. Hopefully if you get things started it won't be like the one in Pekin Gamestop, I think I counted around 14 Marths in that, I played 3 of them when I was in it. Pretty bad. :/

But yeah, I'd definetly be game for joining in a Tourney around the Peoria area. :D

Zjiin

Smash Master
Alright, i have finally updated the list. Please look that your city/mains/secondaries are correct. Do not post just to tell me everything is right. It's difficult as it is maintaining this list on two different sites.

ook

Smash Lord
How long does it usually take to register after you add someone? I added a bunch of people in this thread a few days ago, and I think they added me back, but so far only 2 of them show up as offline/online. The others just say "Awaiting registration" :mad:

I wanna fight some people :dizzy:

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
How long does it usually take to register after you add someone? I added a bunch of people in this thread a few days ago, and I think they added me back, but so far only 2 of them show up as offline/online. The others just say "Awaiting registration" :mad:

I wanna fight some people :dizzy:
I've added you and your name shows up as registered. I've heard that you both have to be online at the same time or something, but I don't know if there's any truth to it. I've had it take over two days for people to be registered.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I've added you and your name shows up as registered. I've heard that you both have to be online at the same time or something, but I don't know if there's any truth to it. I've had it take over two days for people to be registered.
Thats bull****. You both dont need to be on at same time..just re-add the FCs.

ook I didnt add you yet, Ill do it eventually.

zjiin:Change me to Bowser main Rob secondary
Kit mains zero suit samus and sheik

SonicTitan

Smash Rookie
Aurora

Main: Sonic/Luigi/MetaKnight
2nd: Half of the rest.

I am a smash n00b, I've had melee, but wasn't into teching and wavedashing etc., although I was familiar with them. I'm going to try to keep up with Brawl, though.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Yo, Damian add me as a Pit secondary and change my location to Dekalb.

Edit: Also add Jazzness as Fox main.

Ethan

Smash Cadet
Chicago/Chicago Southside (University of Chicago Campus)
Main: Toon Link
Secondary: Pit
Brawl FC: 4038-5791-3343

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Finally a good Illinois thread ^^ (Lurker, if you can't tell by my post count btw)

So anyways, I'm from East Peoria and my main is Falco and secondary is D3.

Too bad we can't have five mains, because I love Diddy, Wario, and PKMN Trainer almost as much ;_;.

Oh well, feel free to add me anytime guys/girls ^^ FC is 5241-1710-3775

SlimJimPPJ

Smash Rookie
Aye I'm from Naperville and I use a wide variety of characters but my main is Luigi and my secondary mains are G&W and Marth. I can use Ike, Lucario, Ganon, Dedede, Wolf, Falco, and R.O.B decently though. If anyone wants to add me feel free.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
well, now that my wifi is working i can play people now. and i get start getting into gamebattles now. that'll be some good ****.

anyway, for an update.

i main Olimar and 2nd pretty much all the popular characters

Top Bottom