• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultra-Official Illinois MELEE Thread. (new player list, updated tourneys & fests)

Zjiin

Smash Master
I missed this. I'd be interested in going and I can bring a setup if needed. When would it start/end?
Grats on thead post #1000

It'll probably start 11am sat and go until people leave. I was thinking if a decent amount of people came, we could do a RR tourney or something. Just to see how we are all doing so far. It could even be just like $1 entry fee so people can save money for the real tourney the next week. I will probably make a thread about this and I should do that sooner than later...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=149320

radical00edward

Smash Journeyman
ah i see now, for people going to the brawl midnight release at the gamestop in rosemont, il.. ill be there with atleast 4 other friends that play super smash

alcheato

Smash Ace
Hello people from Illinois!!

Well I'm Matt from Fort Wayne, Indiana and I am going to be in DeKalb March 8 until later in the week like Friday Saturday for my spring break to help my grandma clean out her house to get ready to move.

Now due to all of the **** DELAYS that Brawl has had and the GAY policy that someone has to go into a Lamestop to preorder, and the fact that my family members including my grandma, have a strong dislike of videogames so she won't go preorder it for me...

Long story short I won't be able to play Brawl when I will have the most free time and will have to wait another agonizing week that is going to be super lame otherwise. Unless we get Jersey Boys tickets.

so
Jazzness
Alcheato
Matt

but really all of you
Anyone in DeKalb or Sycamore that is willing to let me come and play smash with them? I'll do 64, Melee, or Brawl.

But I would really like to do Brawl or Melee.

But really Brawl.

Let me know.

Are there weeklies or biweeklies going on anywhere near Chicago?
The Cave Bi-Weeklies Official Thread got closed so I can't ask there.
To reply to your post, I know for a fact Matt and Jazzness will not be getting Brawl right away and our spring break actually starts on the 7th so I won't be here. If Matt and Jazzness stay in Dekalb though, which I'm sure they will for at least part of spring break, they're always up for some Melee so just PM them (Matt's name on the boards is just "Matt").

EDIT: Yo, Zjiin how could you forget the best Sonic player in all the land? It still saddens me that Melee is at an end only a year after I find out about competitive play. Oh well.

Alcheato-Sonic
Crystal Lake/Dekalb

yawg

Smash Rookie
haha you illinois ***s lettin Zjiin run things?! whats wrong with you guys?! give responsibility to a better guy, like Big C. Oh wait, he lives in indiana, i guess its true, illinois has no good players......lmao!

Zjiin

Smash Master
haha you illinois ***s lettin Zjiin run things?! whats wrong with you guys?! give responsibility to a better guy, like Big C. Oh wait, he lives in indiana, i guess its true, illinois has no good players......lmao!
I'm sorry, but this thread is supposed to be bitch-free.

Zjiin

Smash Master

Minty

Smash Apprentice
put me down for Lincolnwood, Illinois =O

also.. we should make an IRC channel zjiin =o care to do that? just for the midwest or us illinois peeps

Zjiin

Smash Master
put me down for Lincolnwood, Illinois =O

also.. we should make an IRC channel zjiin =o care to do that? just for the midwest or us illinois peeps
I'm not too big on IRCs but if someone else wants to take the initiative and set one up for us, i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated!

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'm not too big on IRCs but if someone else wants to take the initiative and set one up for us, i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated!

I will :)

I use IRC all the time.

(Sadly, I don't know TOO much about operating channels. I could learn fairly quick, though)

irc.gamesurge.net
#Midwest

Minty

Smash Apprentice
I'll make one when I get home from gamestop. Anyhow is it gonna be a midwest or illinois

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Gah! I am so happy I finally have brawl! Ill also try to go to the tourney on the 15th.

Also, have you put me down on the list yet, my main is ice climbers.

Minty

Smash Apprentice
#mbrawl

irc.gamesurge.net

=o join it so we can get some online matches =D

HeartNana

Smash Cadet
Hey all, i registered a while ago, but don't post very often. I just got brawl, and it's off tha hook. Im on the Northwest side of Chicago and i use Pit.

Dunno how many big tourneys or gatherings im gonna be able to go to since Arcana Heart is my first gaming priority, but ill do what i can with brawl for a bit.

BTW I generally go by my other screenname "HeartNana" so if you refer to me as that, it'll be a little easier. If im around here enough, ill change my screenname via premium or something.

GrandDuelist Trinity

Smash Cadet
yea ur going to be able to tell i havent psychially played brawl yet.. but why do everyone look so heavy like melee was fast paced. with all the wave shining foxs and light speed falco's i was at the midnight sale but i can't play my brawl :( my lil bros managed to get my melee stuck inside my wii... the game still plays perfectly.. but.. i wanna play something else.. and brawl lol sooo if anyone know how to fix it or know where i can get it fix'd i'd be very thankfull

Top Bottom