• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
I think I found one more TRUE combo! According to the practice mode's consecutive hits meter it's a combo.

Uair > Airjump > Zair

This works great for gimping and stuff, after Zairing your opponent of the stage you can land a super of homing missile. Or you can go for the spike. I'll post a video of it later if that's prefered.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Err, yet to prove this offline, but it's been working VERY well for me. first off, have afully charged shot ready, then hit the enemy with a short Zair, like the beginning of the TGM combo, > jab>charge shot. it worked online when I wasn't used to online lag (Still aren't) so Maybe I got lucky and buffered something but I will try this in real matches sometime

Samus' Jab has like no hitstun on it, and the charge shot takes a very long time to come out, not a real combo imo, but very close to one.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Samus' Jab has like no hitstun on it, and the charge shot takes a very long time to come out, not a real combo imo, but very close to one.
Yes lol, I know. I've been in a jab fight, it sucks. but the zair and jab knock the opponent into the air, but not high enough to actually do anything to retaliate before we launch our charge shot

So Xyro. That frame data video, im going to assume its not coming anymore?

If not, im sure I can find somebody to get one done for us.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
So Xyro. That frame data video, im going to assume its not coming anymore?

If not, im sure I can find somebody to get one done for us.
I said a while back that the guy who was gonna do it for me backed out. Ive asked so many of those B+ nerds to help me out but they say it takes too long and samus is weird so it would take 4 times as long just do do her hitbubbles and frame data

I said a while back that the guy who was gonna do it for me backed out. Ive asked so many of those B+ nerds to help me out but they say it takes too long and samus is weird so it would take 4 times as long just do do her hitbubbles and frame data
Must have missed that post. I'll attempt to find someone to do it, in the mean time, try to look for someone. By the by, the frame data for dair is missing from the OP.

Xyro77

Must have missed that post. I'll attempt to find someone to do it, in the mean time, try to look for someone. By the by, the frame data for dair is missing from the OP.
yea i know. i deleted some of the data and forgot to replace it.

Xyro77

I apologize for the double post but i really think its worth it.

I contacted a guy about hitbubbles and he said he would do them for samus. The funny thing is, he started almost instantly and he said he already hase like 5 moves done so i already know hes SERIOUS about this. Give him a few more days(due to him study for finals) and a video should be up. Im also gonna get some one to get us EXACT and EXTENDED frame data.

I apologize for the double post but i really think its worth it.

I contacted a guy about hitbubbles and he said he would do them for samus. The funny thing is, he started almost instantly and he said he already hase like 5 moves done so i already know hes SERIOUS about this. Give him a few more days(due to him study for finals) and a video should be up. Im also gonna get some one to get us EXACT and EXTENDED frame data.
I love you.

Don't worry, it's not a double post <3.
After hearing that, I wouldn't infract you for it anyway

Posts removed from request of Cherry. Good lord it's hard to do anything when your using a freaking touchpad x.x.

Do we have any information on IASA frames? That's an area im not particularly educated in tbh :/

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Posts removed from request of Cherry. Good lord it's hard to do anything when your using a freaking touchpad x.x.

Do we have any information on IASA frames? That's an area im not particularly educated in tbh :/
/put in Q&A thread pl0x. Yes. we doo, did you delete the legit one about Our bombs? :(

Fail <3

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Um, looking WAY back at the OP...

I was reading a the description for low charge shot, and I was thinking that it HAS to be able to do more than just hitting crawling people.

So I played around with it, and made a quick video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsZuo7bYXCQ

I have some addition information on it.

The main thing, a fully, charged LCS will actually be lower than the platform, allowing you to hit people on the ledge.

This isn't any different from a normal CS, but you have enough time to do a seeking missile and a LCS from a full hop.

Not really very significant, so I didn't want to make a thread about it.

That is quite an old technique tbh. Not noticed enough because it really is just a good combination of a missile and a CS. Still, nice to see you're helping out.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
That is quite an old technique tbh. Not noticed enough because it really is just a good combination of a missile and a CS. Still, nice to see you're helping out.
I'm not saying it isn't old, or useful. Just that the description in the OP really only mentions it being able to hit crawling people, and doesn't mention people on the ledge. which at least seems more useful than hitting crawling people.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
I'm not saying it isn't old, or useful. Just that the description in the OP really only mentions it being able to hit crawling people, and doesn't mention people on the ledge. which at least seems more useful than hitting crawling people.
If I'm not mistaken, it was Hive who made a video showing that. I could be totally wrong though.

Okay guys the guide has had a major revamp, I hope you can all give it a read <3.

All we need is that frame data and this will be complete.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys the guide has had a major revamp, I hope you can all give it a read <3.

All we need is that frame data and this will be complete.
I like the revamp. Especially how things were gone into more in-depth, especially the various descriptions and "tier listing" on Samus's moves.
Nicely done. Still need that frame data though. Hopefully we will get it soon.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Are you coming back Tudor? O_o
On topic, shouldn't this guide be updated or whatever?

Xyro77

if it did get an update it wouldnt be too big. MUs and stuff didnt change almost at all. and tbh, i dont wanna update this for a board that is DEAD

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Any update is better than none. I wish the boards weren't dead, but I guess that can't be controlled.

Xyro77

Yea it is. Samus is bad and the way rulesets are being created these days, it highly promotes high/top tier characters. low tier is pointless unless its a low tier tournament.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I know, that's why I'm picking up Zero Suit Samus so I can switch to her in the middle of a match since that makes Samus a little more useful. What do you think could make Samus better? Rule-set wise?

Xyro77

I know, that's why I'm picking up Zero Suit Samus so I can switch to her in the middle of a match since that makes Samus a little more useful. What do you think could make Samus better? Rule-set wise?
get rid of MK.

Stop taking away stages like brinstar/japes/cruise/ps2....ect

Ban/limit infinite CGs.

this stuff wont make Samus climb the tier list but at least it will give us a slightly better chance at doing well.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I miss PS2 so much. :( It would be good for stages to come back like those. So now I know what rule-set I could try supporting. What is a general good CP for the common rule-sets?

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
What is a good stage to CP for generally a lot of bad MUs? I'm never sure :/ I mean since some people do ban PS1.

Top Bottom