• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Does anybody know if the BDacus thing works well/can work well with Samus? I've been using U-smash more often recently, I'd love to find a way to further the already limited use. If anything, it probably doesn't, but I'll try it out later today anyway.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I was trying it for about 5 minutes but never really got into it.

What's crazy is Ike who didn't have a regular DACUS has a BDACUS (or so I've heard).

That would be good news for Samus

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
One of the things it's not is in power, I believe(Ness, Ganon and a few others win there). It does have range, decent speed, is backed up by a good recovery(as in you can afford to miss, get in two or more depending on the situation and still live), and looks the sexiest right next to Charizard's. It's also one of the most satisfying, IMO, considering it looks awesomeSamus isn't supposed to get early KOs or any at all.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
One of the things it's not is in power, I believe(Ness, Ganon and a few others win there). It does have range, decent speed, is backed up by a good recovery(as in you can afford to miss, get in two or more depending on the situation and still live), and looks the sexiest right next to Charizard's. It's also one of the most satisfying, IMO, considering it looks awesomeSamus isn't supposed to get early KOs or any at all.
Exactly! Lolz its just soooo good :) I spiked Mk's out of shuttle loop with that spike (besides marth)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
In terms of power, Samus's spike is one of the "mediocre" spikes of the game. Someone did a topic on it.

And yet you land spikes the most with her. And it KOs!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Does anybody know if the BDacus thing works well/can work well with Samus? I've been using U-smash more often recently, I'd love to find a way to further the already limited use. If anything, it probably doesn't, but I'll try it out later today anyway.
Samus cant DACUS in the first place so B-DACUS wont work. All she can do is running Usmash

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
WHOA, what?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?! Show me!
~ Are thereany vids of samus using Bdacus effectively, and if it isn't to much trouble could someone run it by me how to bdacus with samus? I've seen 1 bdacus vid but I knew actually looked up how 2 do it

Muz

Smash Apprentice
For what its worth, I practiced Samus's buffered dacus, but with no good results. From what I was able to do, it didn't go as far as simply beginning a dash then immediately upsmashing . I tried for a good while too, and even learned to do it with falco just to see if I was doing it correctly.
Heres the vid with falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfOAByZDXpQ

How about some other possibilities like canceling the dash attack into a grab? or something else like a b move or a jump?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I had such a huge problem yesterday KOing opponents. All my matches they were sitting in 110%+ last stock and I would be at 60% or so.

But just can't get that KO. They powershield dtilt really well, and utilt was too slow to swat their aerial approaches. Fsmash I whiffed by like a hair (hate it when that happens) but I got th emost KOs with fsmash. And plasma shot I usually have staled, it's what gets them to such high percents in the first place.

But I just love playing her. I got a great KO with a tether cancel -> dair on lucario trying to stage spike me lol. It was amazing

And with that said, can someone answer my question in the Q&A topic?

In all fairness.. not many characters kill at 110 x.x, but still I kinda get what you mean, like when a Snake doesnt die at 190% to a fresh dtilt....

Which brings me onto something...

DTILT IS NOT A FREAKING KO MOVE ON HEAVIES. WHOEVER TOLD ME IT WAS IS A FREAKING LIAR.

When I get my KOs, which are actually easier to get then it sounds (bar dtilt), I always land a Up titled forward smash to finish up. Or a utilt predicting an airdodge. They may sound bizarre, but they work really well for me, uptilted fsmash has the most awesome DI corrupting properties I've seen on a move (bar rest)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
The fsmash tilted up is definitely amazing. You've seen the KO percentages topic yes? In it we mention how dtilt on heavies is a BAD idea, cause it doesn't KO until around 150+

Fsmash tilted up/Bair both have power enough to KO at the same time as a fresh full plasma shot

The fsmash tilted up is definitely amazing. You've seen the KO percentages topic yes? In it we mention how dtilt on heavies is a BAD idea, cause it doesn't KO until around 150+
That data is flawed. There needs to be a with DI and momentum cancel addition, otherwise that information means nothing to me. My opponents DI STUPIDLY WELL. People mentioned that it was a good idea when I said dtilt was only good against lightweights.

Fsmash tilted up/Bair both have power enough to KO at the same time as a fresh full plasma shot

That once again, is flawed. Fsmash tilted up modifies the opponents DI where they will NEVER be able to get the proper upwards momentum they want, they are instead, sent straight across horizontally, and therefore, it KOs earlier then bair and plasma shot.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
That data is flawed. There needs to be a with DI and momentum cancel addition, otherwise that information means nothing to me. My opponents DI STUPIDLY WELL. People mentioned that it was a good idea when I said dtilt was only good against lightweights.

That once again, is flawed. Fsmash tilted up modifies the opponents DI where they will NEVER be able to get the proper upwards momentum they want, they are instead, sent straight across horizontally, and therefore, it KOs earlier then bair and plasma shot.
I agree with KillerJawz on this, kill percentages without DI is not very useful. I can't count the number of times I hit a snake with a fresh dtilt at 170+ and they survived.

But what you mentioned about the fsmash angled up hitting at a straight horizontal trajectory is wrong. It will hit them at a 45 degree angle (about), and with DI can be sent higher or lower.
I know this from facing a lot of peaches who are crazy good at di'ing to the corner of the KO window.

I agree with KillerJawz on this, kill percentages without DI is not very useful. I can't count the number of times I hit a snake with a fresh dtilt at 170+ and they survived.

But what you mentioned about the fsmash angled up hitting at a straight horizontal trajectory is wrong. It will hit them at a 45 degree angle (about), and with DI can be sent higher or lower.
I know this from facing a lot of peaches who are crazy good at di'ing to the corner of the KO window.
I wasn't clear, I meant on heavies. They can never go to high with an uptilted fsmash, test it.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
~ I can never seem to catch a up tilted F-smash, the range isn't long enough and most of my opponents usually sidedodge it and punish.

~ I can never seem to catch a up tilted F-smash, the range isn't long enough and most of my opponents usually sidedodge it and punish.
Well I generally set mine up with a FF'ed uair, it's so **** close to a frame trap, it's honestly far to difficult to escape. Anyway, it setups it up real nice, never use it on smalls though, it goes over them in some cases.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Well I generally set mine up with a FF'ed uair, it's so **** close to a frame trap, it's honestly far to difficult to escape. Anyway, it setups it up real nice, never use it on smalls though, it goes over them in some cases.
It very much so is! Only problem I need to work on is I accidently jump when I'm trying to perform the fsmash. I need to input the smash first

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
~ Well I know Uair is a good set-up its one of samus best moves, I was kinda looking dor other set-ups or oppertunities.

Well to set up a dtilt, you need to make sure you've provided alot of pressure on the opponents shield before hand, this way, they will be skeptical to shield your dtilt in fear of breaking their shield, this is a REALLY good example on Sheik. Her shield is diabolical. You can hit her with basically anything after one of two ff'ed uairs on her shield.

To set up a bair, I find dair > bait airdodge > bair is a beautiful setup, not many people think to DI away. Charge shot obviously in a flury of missles and zair.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
It will help if from now on every single time you fsmash with Samus you angle it upward. Regardless if it will hit or not muscle memory is the best way to apply the up angeled fsmash imo. Once your really really used to doing that instead of the regular fsmash you'll learn how to apply it alot better. That's at least what happened with me.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
It will help if from now on every single time you fsmash with Samus you angle it upward. Regardless if it will hit or not muscle memory is the best way to apply the up angeled fsmash imo. Once your really really used to doing that instead of the regular fsmash you'll learn how to apply it alot better. That's at least what happened with me.
~ I guess so, that sounds pretty risky though.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I don't always angle it up because the reach is kind of bad. Sometimes the stutter step fsmash without tilting it is much better, it has the range of her ftilt and can kill if at the edge of a stage.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
~ I guess so, that sounds pretty risky though.
Ok, so it's a little risky. But then again that's why it is called practice. Plus it's not like you should be spamming the move anyway. Unless the only time you play is in tourney's then risk really doesn't matter now does it :)? To each his own though.

Was that at 0%? If it was any higher, you must remember that the move can do 15.7 example damage.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few errors in the damage data in the first post in this thread. Ie: up-B. But more importantly we need accurate frame data, not just when a move comes out, but how long it lasts and all that jazz.

Xyro77

Sometimes I do moves and they do 1% more damage than whats posted here. Any reasons why? My dsmash did 16% one night
I made sure all moves are 1% lower than what they really are because i am unsure what moves may do 9.5(for example).

Was that at 0%? If it was any higher, you must remember that the move can do 15.7 example damage.
THIS^

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few errors in the damage data in the first post in this thread. Ie: up-B.
No.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by Muz
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few errors in the damage data in the first post in this thread. Ie: up-B.
No.
Xyro..........
I can't believe you made me waste my time making this video to prove you are wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T***PXRFc-0

(LOL at auto censoring. Okay, replace the three asterisks *** with the letters f, a, and g)

At 0% I brought ROB to 12% with my first up-B. So don't tell me that the move does 10-11% damage. I can understand 11% if you want to talk about rounding, but no way 10%.

But the second up B proves that a fully fresh up -B (this one was aerial) does AT LEAST 12% damage as the damage counter goes from 15% to 28% (which is a 13% difference)

I don't have time to go through every single move like this right now, but you see my point. I'm not saying all your data is wrong, or that the stuff thats wrong is off by alot, just that there are corrections that can be made.

Xyro77

Xyro..........
I can't believe you made me waste my time making this video to prove you are wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T***PXRFc-0

(LOL at auto censoring. Okay, replace the three asterisks *** with the letters f, a, and g)

At 0% I brought ROB to 12% with my first up-B. So don't tell me that the move does 10-11% damage. I can understand 11% if you want to talk about rounding, but no way 10%.

But the second up B proves that a fully fresh up -B (this one was aerial) does AT LEAST 12% damage as the damage counter goes from 15% to 28% (which is a 13% difference)

I don't have time to go through every single move like this right now, but you see my point. I'm not saying all your data is wrong, or that the stuff thats wrong is off by alot, just that there are corrections that can be made.
Did you not read what i said in my previous post? I wrote down the %s off by 1 or 2% because some moves dont do the same damage each time and some do decimal damage. Its better to underestimate than to overestimate. So that way you will be suprised when its better than you thought.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
The data is fine, marginally off but it makes no huge difference.

Furthermore, remember the stale move counter. Your first time using an attack will have x1.07(? I don't recall the exact number.) Training mode does not utilize stale moves whatsoever. In other words, training mode may end up providing how much damage a move does at x1.0. Which you won't see in an actual match because there is no x1.0 multiplier on the stale move counter.

But, even then it only accounts for maybe a 1% difference. It's not that important.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
Did you not read what i said in my previous post? I wrote down the %s off by 1 or 2% because some moves dont do the same damage each time and some do decimal damage. Its better to underestimate than to overestimate. So that way you will be suprised when its better than you thought.
xyro.....you're losing any respect I had for you. Yes I read your post, apparently you didn't read it yourself. In your post you clearly wrote that the moves may be 1% lower because of rounding issues:

I made sure all moves are 1% lower than what they really are because i am unsure what moves may do 9.5(for example).
Don't start saying now that they may be 1 to 2 percent lower now. Having a 1 percent error is understandable because of decimals, but I can't understand why you would want to be 2% lower than what it really is.

Lets just say all of Samus's moves do 1% damage, so that way we are "pleasantly surprised" when we start playing.....seriously....

But if you really are ok with everything being a few percent off, then clearly state that in the first post, instead of forcing people to be "pleasantly surprised". Obviously the couple percent don't make a big difference when it comes to playing, but this "surprise" only hurts the credibility of the rest of the data.

Which brings me back to the main point, I don't really care about the damage so much as complete and accurate frame data.

Noid, you are a correct, and thats the reason I always test and record in an actual brawl.

Top Bottom