• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

626key

Smash Journeyman
what are the odds of marth and roy returning? I think that Ike and Hector are likely to replace them
P.S. no hector is not confermed

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
what are the odds of marth and roy returning? I think that Ike and Hector are likely to replace them
P.S. no hector is not confermed
I would be surprised if Marth did not return as a playable character. As for Roy, the only way I see him getting back in would be if Sakurai is sympathetic toward Roy fans (Sakurai originally intended to cut Jigglypuff, but he felt sympathetic toward her fanbase, which is why he kept her according to the Japanese Melee site). The only other characters that have a shot at the third Fire Emblem spot would be Sigurd, Eliwood, and Micaiah.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, another fake roster popped up on GameFAQs. Fortunately, it has been confirmed fake by the poster himself.
People will still not read the entire thing and believe it. There are still people who believe the "Prima Leak" and that guy admitted he was faking.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes, like the prophets in the Bible. In order for them to be considered prophets everything they said had to be 100% true. If they were found be making false prophecies , they were stoned...
Well, if they have the inside scoop then they already know everything that they're predicting about.

So one false prediction means that they have no clue what they're talking about.

I was always partial to stoning, but boiling in oil works.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Too good for 'em. How about something more painful, like good ol' drawing and quartering, or evisceration? ;)

Zevox

I would probably love to do several even more painful things....

But no, not a good idea....

*cough cough* placeing in a sack with a few hungry rats and putting a wasps' nest into their chest via surgery *cough cough*

****it!

Pay no attention to the words between the coughing.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
It doesn't matter. You stated an idea, then I told you "it's a foolish one".
Who are you replying to?

Ugh, another fake roster popped up on GameFAQs. Fortunately, it has been confirmed fake by the poster himself. Luckily, we will only have to endure one more week of these fake leaks before the real ones have a shot of showing up.

I am just wondering why there has not been a real leak yet. Melee's roster was leaked 20 days before the official Japanese release, and we are now about 12 days until the Brawl Japanese release, and there has not been anything. We still don't know the real character selection screen. If we don't get the real character selection screen in an update next week, I think it will be shown when the roster leak hits. Really, Sakurai went overboard with secretiveness after Melee (he really seems bent on making sure the roster does not get leaked before release).
They probably learned their lesson from Melee, and hired Chuck Norris to protect the roster. You know behind his beard is another fist, right? :p

Anyhow, with all of the fake info floating around, how would any of us know if someone actually posted the full roster? We probably wouldn't until the release. Perhaps it's already been leaked and missed or dismissed?

Well, if they have the inside scoop then they already know everything that they're predicting about.

So one false prediction means that they have no clue what they're talking about.

I was always partial to stoning, but boiling in oil works.
Too good for 'em. How about something more painful, like good ol' drawing and quartering, or evisceration? ;)

Zevox
This thread has taken a very violent and morbid turn. I like it.

Personally, I've always been partial to the swinging pendulum blade method (gotta love Edgar Allen Poe).

XACE-K

Smash Master
If you want to torture somebody just have somebody get roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris and pitied by Mr.T at the same time.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We might be only getting 30 characters in Brawl...

Coro Coro said they were going to release a total of 40 cards...or something...that part confuses me...

BUT they already released 30 of them...

2 being samus and 4 being Pokemon Trainer...Plus 6 being non-characters

That equels 30 characters at most

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace

Coro Coro said they were going to release a total of 40 cards...or something...that part confuses me...

30 characters?
Are you kidding?

That would mean we'd only have a 'little' bit more than Melee.
This is the biggest expansion of characters in the history of the franchise.
Minimizing it down to 30 isn't valid in my mind.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

You are worrying too much dude.

Boofer

Smash Ace

I doubt it. Coro Coro basically confirmed that all of the characters besides Sonic, Snake, and Olimar are starters. Now do you really expect that we would get only 30 if we had 20 starters? I doubt it. I'm guessing we'll have 35, just like NyaseNya said. These guys are most likely not revealing every character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt it. Coro Coro basically confirmed that all of the characters besides Sonic, Snake, and Olimar are starters. Now do you really expect that we would get only 30 if we had 20 starters? I doubt it. I'm guessing we'll have 35, just like NyaseNya said. These guys are most likely not revealing every character.
They'll have had the game for about a month when the other cards are released though

Jondalar

Smash Rookie
I haven't read much into this, but it's too bad not many characters have been annonced lately, I mean we had to wait a month or so for another one to be anounced and the game is coming out soon, I'm afraid there arn't going to be as many characters as I had hoped.

Yeah it's true there might be characters that havn't been revealed so as soon as it's released in japan, then a good amount of characters will hopefully show up.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
How much you want to bet that all of Coro Coro's cards are the different colored Pikmin.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yea I have bad feeling Brawl wont have as many characters as we expect/
I share the same ominous feeling as well. Why else would he be holding off on the character selection screen? However, there may be some good news. In next week's Famitsu (Japan's biggest gaming magazine), there will be a review of Brawl, maybe some information about the number of characters in Brawl's roster can be found there.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
You guys have to remember that he's holding off more characters so that way he can surprise us(hopefully)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Oh people, 40 was always the most believable max anyway, people were way too wishful with their 45-50...

Im sure that counting each moveset seperate (transformations as a character and PT as 3), we will get almost 40 characters. I still doubt we will only get about 30 though. That would involve many Melee cuts...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Why haven't you updated yet about the new character update?

<Image snipped - see above post>
You can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter" :laugh: .

Anyway, I'm not worried about the number of characters. Worst-case scenario I can see is that Nya was right about it being only 35 (which is bad enough if you ask me, but still better than Psycho's pessimistic guess). If memory serves, we've had an number of comments about the roster being huge from various reviewer and advertising sources, and I can't honestly see anyone saying that about a 30 character roster, which would be a meager 4 more than Melee had. Besides, anything less than 35 would mean the cuts from Melee were far and away too frivolously done, and I still have too much respect for Sakurai and his team to believe they'd do that.

Zevox

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I just got finished reading the OP. Very nice thread. Good job on the research and time you took to write it. It's very appreciated.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In that page, it clearly says "1.24"... I don't see where the delay is.
Uh, you are not reading the article. Right now, the official release is January 24, however, that might change.

Really, I would HATE Sakurai if he really thinks it is a good idea to delay a game when it less than two weeks away from its release. Obviously, there was something wrong going on during Brawl's development.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Top Bottom