• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

He's not going to ignore the anime of his own series, honestly. It was pretty popular.

It's a game thing too. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read it, but I read it in official material. I won't bother to look for it, because I have no idea where to look. Anyway, besides those mains, there are characters that Sakurai has a soft spot for - Knuckle Joe, Buggzy, Bonkers, Sir Kibble, etc.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
He's not going to ignore the anime of his own series, honestly. It was pretty popular.

It's a game thing too. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read it, but I read it in official material. I won't bother to look for it, because I have no idea where to look. Anyway, besides those mains, there are characters that Sakurai has a soft spot for - Knuckle Joe, Buggzy, Bonkers, Sir Kibble, etc.
Oh gosh, you cannot be serious? Knuckle Joe is an AT, Kibble is a trophy and the rest WILL NOT be playable.

Starphoenix, did I ever say that those were choices for playables (in particular, Knuckle Joe or Sir Kibble)? No. I was stating that they were favorites of Sakurai.

If you can't put any [intelligent] contributions into this discussion, shh.

I've learned to avoid any point you may possibly make.

But hey, great argument against Buggzy and Bonkers - "they won't get in because they won't get in".

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Starphoenix, did I ever say that those were choices for playables (in particular, Knuckle Joe or Sir Kibble)? No. I was stating that they were favorites of Sakurai.

If you can't put any [intelligent] contributions into this discussion, shh.

I've learned to avoid any point you may possibly make.

But hey, great argument against Buggzy and Bonkers - "they won't get in because they won't get in".
Fine, I made an error in my interpretation.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
The problem is that most people (that I know) got to play it for a few hours at most, and the people that I know who played it had never played Melee or the original. They just work there, it is a job. Not everyone that works there are hardcore gamers that are obsessed like us. The people I know just gave me the info because they knew I wanted it, they haven't posted it online and most of them barely go online. Also, few people who have played want to risk posting online because they will lose their jobs.

It was legit because they work at Nintendo. They played the game on the premises only. They have a variety of people working on the English version for translations, editing, testing, etc.

Like I said, they work at Nintendo. They didn't get a copy for themselves or anything. You play games that you work on... And I can't guarantee that anything they played made it into the final version of the game but all of the characters that I know of were so fully fleshed out it would be odd cutting them for no apparent reason.
What you've said previously makes a lot more sense now. I got the impression you were referring to either leaked builds of the game, obtained by people who are familiar with the series, or employees involved in development. I was having a hard time figuring out why someone who worked on developing the game wouldn't be familiar with its ins-and-outs (not to mention the fact that these people would be Japanese) or conversely why a fan would know only know snippets of info about one thing and nothing at all about another. However, it sounds like your sources are in localization, which makes quite a bit more sense.

Like I said, I take everything here with a grain of salt, but it sounds like you know what you're talking about. You'll get no flames from me.

I know nothing about whether he is in or out, no one has mentioned him. I'm fine with giving people info when they're respectful, but I wasn't going to post some prophet thread and have everyone **** all over me. It would probably have been locked in minutes anyway. I don't even know THAT much but I do know some things. Like I said, they only played the game for a few hours total and it wasn't the final build, I just mean it was a full game build at that point in time that included much more than the demo.
Random thought 1: You should get your friends to smuggle out Reggie Fils-Aime (sp?), and then we can get the info out of him. :cool:

Random thought 2: Does anyone else find the term recent use of the term 'prophet' a bit unsettling? It gives me the image of a thousand gamer fanboys worshipping their emissary to the gods of Sakurai, Iwata, and Miyamoto.

Regarding Kirby, FE, ect. I think it's important to consider the characters' spheres of influence outside their home series. That is, Metaknight, for example, is known by many people who aren't huge Kirby fans, making him a good idea for inclusion. To that end, I do agree with Link to a Snitch that Sakurai can't completely ignore the anime, since it represents a possible demographic, but I also wouldn't expect him to base a character's inclusion off of the anime alone.

Personally, I don't see us getting another Kirby rep, but I also don't expect to see a whole lot more from FE, either.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not to induce Chronobound's ire, but if any character has the potential to be a prophet slayer, it's Micaiah, or another FE character not Marth/Roy. Any prophet that claimed the entire roster has yet to bring any FE character that wasn't in Melee.
Actually, I think Eliwood would be more of a prophet killer than anyone else. Micaiah has been mentioned plenty of times by fanmade rosters. Eliwood is the dark horse of likely Fire Emblem contenders, and will most likely surprise many North American Smash fans if he indeed gets in as a playable character.

As for today's update, I am glad they got Snake's Final Smash out of the way. Besides Olimar, the only character without an update is Zelda. He is running out of updates for the other characters, so it is only a matter of time before he gets back to Sheik. Not that it matters anyway, since we will most likely be getting the full roster in about two weeks.

Zevox

Smash Lord

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just editted my analysis. The Other category now does not make mention of Olimar. Also, we are now two weeks away from Brawl's Japanese release (January 24). It also has been confirmed that both Snake are Sonic are indeed hidden characters. We also now know Zelda's Final Smash (Light Arrows), as well as Sheik be nearly confirmed. This week was a good week as far as information regarding characters goes. There is one more update for this week on the Dojo, and I am hoping for something big (like the character selection screen).

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well we got two things and 1 both have their own way of p*ssing me off.

1) 1st of all, Shiek isnt Zeld'a Twilight form, but they may change it up a bit so that Shiek can fit in. This tickes me off cause its right with game storyline.

2) Shiek might actually be her own Character Because of the fact that She isnt Zelda's Twilight form and the form for Zelda their using is from Twilight Princess. This ticks me off cause I love the 'changing into' concept for characters.

So they may make Shiek her own character cause of the model they chose for Zelda or they may tweek the game a bit and make Shiek her Twilight form... What do you think?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well we got two things and 1 both have their own way of p*ssing me off.

1) 1st of all, Shiek isnt Zeld'a Twilight form, but they may change it up a bit so that Shiek can fit in. This tickes me off cause its right with game storyline.

2) Shiek might actually be her own Character Because of the fact that She isnt Zelda's Twilight form and the form for Zelda their using is from Twilight Princess. This ticks me off cause I love the 'changing into' concept for characters.

So they may make Shiek her own character cause of the model they chose for Zelda or they may tweek the game a bit and make Shiek her Twilight form... What do you think?
1( So? SSB is not canon, did Giga Bowser ever appear in Mario?
2( Why? It would waste a slot, and just because there is no TP Sheik does not mean they won't use/make one.
2( I think they'll just tweak her, seperating a character seems like a dumb idea, even for Sakurai.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Well If you follow Nintendo games, which it doesnt seem you do. jk, just trying to make ya angry.

In almost every Zelda game, Link and Zelda are different people. Like its a new Link and a New Zelda each time, so different Zelda means Different moves. I dont remember seeing Shiek in TP. And if hes using TP form, thats where I bring forth my questions.

Edit: Oh knowz, double post.

Fine, how about the good ol' "when did Ness use PK Thunder or Fire?" "When did Zelda use Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, or Farore's Wind?"

Or "When did Sakurai say that using the TP design demands that Zelda only represent her TP self?" If Sakurai follows that, then he would be unable to feature anything outside of one or two games of Zelda or Link.

SiegK

Smash Champion
OMG You guys (and IsmaR) arnt even listening to me! Im not saying Shiek is out or that I want her out, Im just trying to brain storm ways Shiek will be IN Brawl! We all know she is in, Im just thinking and giving idea on how! get it? Jeez,

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well Sheik is the only non related move to TP that Zelda has, all of her old moves are renamed to fit TP.
Evidence?

And it's already been shown that Link has taunts that reference to other Zelda games (side taunt uses the fairy which he didn't have in TP), further evidencing towards the unified character theory.

In other words, while there are different Zeldas and different Links, the SSB incarnations represent all incarnations of the characters, and thus may moves and other aspects from any Zelda and Link respectively.

The fact that the default appearance for Zelda is from TP doesn't mean they are restricted to drawing from TP for her moveset.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Well Sheik is the only non related move to TP that Zelda has, all of her old moves are renamed to fit TP.
Thats what Im trying to get at!

Im just thinking, cause it is TP Zelda, MAYBE they MIGHT make Shiek her own character because she is a non related move to TP Zelda. Not sure I would like that But Im just putting the idea out there.

So stop putting words in my mouth/posts about me not likeing Shiek or talking about how TP kicked out the Shiek factor or whatever! And stop watching your computers with your @$$ blindfolded.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Evidence?

And it's already been shown that Link has taunts that reference to other Zelda games (side taunt uses the fairy which he didn't have in TP), further evidencing towards the unified character theory.

In other words, while there are different Zeldas and different Links, the SSB incarnations represent all incarnations of the characters, and thus may moves and other aspects from any Zelda and Link respectively.

The fact that the default appearance for Zelda is from TP doesn't mean they are restricted to drawing from TP for her moveset.
Brawlcentral.com, the moves are named after TP and the fairy does appear in TP, is your pointer for the Wiimote and I'm not even gonna start to argue this here too, we have yet to see Sheik anyway.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Well....We dont know if its Navi.
The fairy was in TP ad the location of the Wii Remote and the Phantom Hourglass. So that doesnt really stand. Cause ever sence Zelda 64 came out, the fairy has been in all games in one way or another.

There has not been a single shred of evidence that suggests that Sheik cannot be a transformation of Zelda's. Your theory is just a theory, and has no feet to stand on, especially when we've seen Navi as a taunt of Link.

Okay, so I follow up with:

Prove it.

We haven't seen any evidence - literally no evidence - that even IMPLIES that Link and Zelda are only going to represent one game in a series of >14 games.

Top Bottom