• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who thinks these "prophets" are out of control? It seems as though three or four keep popping everyday on GameFAQs and IGN. The problem is, I bet I could make better "prophecies" than half of these jokers. The person who leaked Melee's roster was credible and was a journalist for several gaming sites as well as a reviewer. All these other people seem to be no-name clowns vying for our attention. I hope that the real Brawl roster blows everyone out of the water as far as its contents. We only have this week and next week in terms of putting up with the "prophets". The fourth week in January cannot come soon enough.

Ike, since I specifially stated that I didn't mean it to be an insult and then you decided to troll me anyway, you are an inbred, incompetent moron and you should probably cease your pathetic existence.

I was correcting someone who was using a word incorrectly for the sake of the word, not for the sake of insulting them, you pitiful pile of crap.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks these "prophets" are out of control? It seems as though three or four keep popping everyday on GameFAQs and IGN. The problem is, I bet I could make better "prophecies" than half of these jokers. The person who leaked Melee's roster was credible and was a journalist for several gaming sites as well as a reviewer. All these other people seem to be no-name clowns vying for our attention. I hope that the real Brawl roster blows everyone out of the water as far as its contents. We only have this week and next week in terms of putting up with the "prophets". The fourth week in January cannot come soon enough.
Lol, thats gamefaqs for you. One time, they said Geno can't get in because he was weak against fire. FAIL

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Chronobound:I'm with you. I can't keep track of all the "prophets". There is one who has done leaks before, but even then, I can't trust the man. I might have tio go and spoil myself.

@Link to the Snitch: Way out of line. Reported.

SmashChu: Fun idea, stop stalking me and harassing me. Every single insult you ever call me on is in response to someone insulting me. Are you going to report them? No. Because the only thing that matters to you is who is being insulted. Grow up. I responded to an insulting post, a post which insulted me for no reason besides to be insulting, and apparently, I'm a horrible person for insulting someone who you should report, but probably never will.

I was not the instigator in any flames. But hey, don't let truth get in the way of your vindictive trolling.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Yeah. Since everyone went around calling you an 'inbred, incompetent moron and you should probably cease your pathetic existence... you pitiful pile of crap.' And then you tell someone else to grow up? That's pretty funny. Name calling someone(which is pretty funny in itself) and then complaining and telling others to grow up when everyone knows that it is out of line in every fashion.

Anyway, back on topic. These prophets are getting a little crazy. The thing is, there are people around these boards that are probably taking a whole lot of the predictions to heart. Heck, I could probably come up with a prophesized(sp?) roster and have a lot of people believe it. I knew prophets were going to show up, but I did not think that it'd get this out of hand. Once the roster is leaked I will be satisfied. The sooner, the better.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
SmashChu: Fun idea, stop stalking me and harassing me. Every single insult you ever call me on is in response to someone insulting me. Are you going to report them? No. Because the only thing that matters to you is who is being insulted. Grow up. I responded to an insulting post, a post which insulted me for no reason besides to be insulting, and apparently, I'm a horrible person for insulting someone who you should report, but probably never will.

I was not the instigator in any flames. But hey, don't let truth get in the way of your vindictive trolling.
If you are going to be antagonistic to the people who post in this topic, just leave this topic and go back to NeoGAF. This topic is for intelligent discussion, not childish insults. I have seen you have this pompous attitude in other topics besides this one, so if you are not going to learn to respect other posters here, you will just end up learning the hard way, which will most likely be through a ban or moderation.

I'm accused of being a troll because I corrected someone's grammar.

But hey, I know you hate truth, reality, etc. The fact of the matter is that I'm not the one who sparked any antagonism in this thread. Fun fact: If you don't want to be insulted, don't insult.

Okay, I am so ****ing sick of hypocrites. Do you even bother to ask "hey, maybe I should chew out the one who made the original antagonistic insult!"? Does that simply make way too much sense for you?

In the last two insulting posts I've made, they've been to people who insult me first.

And in no situation is the one who made the original insult the one who is lambasted. Give me one good reason why the responding insulter is the one at fault?

The only thing I'll apologize is for derailing the thread - and no, I'm not going to apologize for insulting someone who has no way to defend himself from the insult because he opened himself up for it.

Ike: I would apologize if you apologized for your attack on me.

On the subject of that prophet, I mean, I can make a believable post like that. But I wouldn't mind it too much if this was true, except...

1. Deconfirmed Ray
2. Pak E. Derm sounds like an ***
3. Eggplant Wizard deconfirmed

But the ATs' involvement in the SSE, reusing movesets of older characters, old characters appearing in the SSE, etc. are nice.

...Although, the Blaziken thing seems to almost deconfirm this list. I mean, as it stands, we seem to be getting the basic stages for the Pokémon as Pokéballs.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

On the subject of that prophet, I mean, I can make a believable post like that. But I wouldn't mind it too much if this was true, except...

1. Deconfirmed Ray

But the ATs' involvement in the SSE, reusing movesets of older characters, old characters appearing in the SSE, etc. are nice.

...Although, the Blaziken thing seems to almost deconfirm this list. I mean, as it stands, we seem to be getting the basic stages for the Pokémon as Pokéballs.

Sorry I called you a troll. I had no right to call you that.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

1. Deconfirmed Ray

I agree. It is nice to see the ATs involved with the SSE and the old movesets being used on new characters. I do believe that this prophet, however, is trying to play it safe by not telling/'knowing' which characters are new/cut. Not posting characters keeps everyone happy, and it would stop people from calling him false whether he is or is not.

Okysho

Smash Ace
It does sound believable, but anyone can make up something vague and post it. Personally, no information is official until it's etiher on th dojo or I see it with my own eyes in the game.

For the most part I say that because of all the prophets trying to rouse us with their lies and bull****... It's really beginning to piss me off...

vesperview

Smash Hero
I really don't believe any prophet unless they provide proof and I don't think any of them do, I'm just waiting for the Dojo updates, which I think will continue to be terrible until after the release, we'll find out everything from other sources before the Dojo reveals it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I definitely agree about there being too many false leaks and prophets going around. Most of them aren't even trying to be realistic, and although that makes it easier to discard them, the sheer proliferation of idiocy is annoying.

IkexMarth said:
LINK:http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

You should check this out. Sounds like another "prophet but it seems believable.
I'm pretty fascinated by this one, personally. Like I mentioned on another thread here, real or not, his ideas are interesting (I especially like the NiGHTS AT), and nobody has anything to lose by listening to him so long as we keep in mind that theres no guarantee hes real, so I'm going to keep an eye on him.

Another interesting thing associated with him came up in a thread [post=3670875]here[/post]. One of our members PMed him asking about Mega Man, and got this response:

"Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that's classified info. However, this Saturday, I will be posting a 3rd Party-related update on a company that has yet to announce their involvement. This is because I've heard that the Dojo will be announcing another 3rd Party character shortly, and I have thus been given permission to reveal what company will be involved. Keep reading the blog, though!"

If this is true, it will both be wonderful news and a great way to verify his validity. If its false, then at least he was a more interesting fake leaker than the majority of them.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I definitely agree about there being too many false leaks and prophets going around. Most of them aren't even trying to be realistic, and although that makes it easier to discard them, the sheer proliferation of idiocy is annoying.

I'm pretty fascinated by this one, personally. Like I mentioned on another thread here, real or not, his ideas are interesting (I especially like the NiGHTS AT), and nobody has anything to lose by listening to him so long as we keep in mind that theres no guarantee hes real, so I'm going to keep an eye on him.

Another interesting thing associated with him came up in a thread [post=3670875]here[/post]. One of our members PMed him asking about Mega Man, and got this response:

"Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that's classified info. However, this Saturday, I will be posting a 3rd Party-related update on a company that has yet to announce their involvement. This is because I've heard that the Dojo will be announcing another 3rd Party character shortly, and I have thus been given permission to reveal what company will be involved. Keep reading the blog, though!"

If this is true, it will both be wonderful news and a great way to verify his validity. If its false, then at least he was a more interesting fake leaker than the majority of them.

Zevox
I just sent him a personal question about the roster. Hopefully, he responds. Though I promised not to share the contents with anyone in the PM. If he is the real deal, he should most likely know the answer to the questions I asked him.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hmm, my thoughts about this prophet if he's true:
the 64 Hiddem chars- right on!
NiGHTS-lol wut?
Charizard's up B-cool!
Snakes SSE role-Liquid as a boss? WTF?!?
"Cut character=important role"-I hope he doesn't mean Mewtwo >_< Maybe Falco? Or Ness?
AT's-No! Kamek, Ray01!!! Well at least they got Tricky(SFA) and Tails..but Todd(PKSNP)?
Luigi super decloned-THE MOST DECLONED!!1!!111!!1!
Ganondorf TP-awesome!
15 series-cool, but did he mean with ATs or PCs?
Master Hand-w00t!
Old chars replaced-NO!! NOT MEWTWO!!! PLEASE LET LUCARIO NOT TAKE HIS MOVESET!!1!!1

Well I guess he ain't true though...
Ask away Chrono!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, since I got no info from the response, I though I would share this with everyone who is thinking about asking thealmightgoat question regarding characters,

" Sorry, I don't disclose info regarding new/cut characters."

Oh well.

1. Sorry then, IkeXMarth.

2. The whole NiGHTS thing ruined it. I simply do not think that's realistic at all - seems completely silly, unlikely, and really uninteresting.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, since I got no info from the response, I though I would share this with everyone who is thinking about asking thealmightgoat question regarding characters,

Oh well.
Do they ever T-T

Zevox

Smash Lord
15 series-cool, but did he mean with ATs or PCs?
Considering we already have 15 series just on known playable characters, it doesn't really matter, does it? Besides, he did say "more than 15," not just 15, which is ambiguous.

A Link to the Snitch said:
2. The whole NiGHTS thing ruined it. I simply do not think that's realistic at all - seems completely silly, unlikely, and really uninteresting.
Silly? How so? It fits with NiGHTS' games, to be sure. The only question I see is whether its realistic for a Sega character from a series other than Sonic to have an AT, and I wouldn't write that off totally personally, especially with NiGHTS' recently-released Wii game and the possibility of Sega wanting advertising for that.

Chronobound said:

Oh well.
I'm not surprised. He mentions that multiple times in his blog, and mentioned it in the Mega Man reply. Whether hes real or fake, he'd have to be consistent about it; if hes real because he genuinely doesn't want to disclose that info, and if hes fake because if he did he'd lose his credibility due to going back on something he stressed so much.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
The concept of Nights leaving rings around and basically making a mini-game sounds pretty silly, really. An AT producing an FS?
*shrugs* Thats your opinion I suppose. I don't think it sounds silly at all, given it fits so perfectly with NiGHTS as a character and with his games. And yes, I could see an AT producing an FS. He did say NiGHTS was a rare one to get, and I know I've heard suggestions that rarer ATs could produce more powerful effects around various smash-based forums before (one of my own ideas was to have Archsage Athos of Fire Emblem as a rare AT who would cast his signature spell, Foreblaze, which essentially encompasses the entire arena in blazing flame and falling fireballs).

Plus there is some precedent for it - think of how much more powerful the legendary Pokèmon of Melee were than the typical Pokèball Pokèmon. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune could easily wipe out your enemies even if they weren't too badly hurt before, or at least leave them in pretty poor shape, and I'm sure I needn't remind you what the legendary birds could do. Seems not too different from an FS to me right there. Heck, we just got a 3-part item that produces a one-hit-KO revealed, which is even better than an FS. So yes, I could definitely see it happening.

Zevox

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Alright. This getting pretty interesting with the goat guy. I am very interested into which company he is going to name, and then see if the Dojo will follow suit. Seems like a shot in the dark, and a pretty bold statement to make if he has no idea and is a true prophet. Guess we should be finding out pretty soon.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Alright. This getting pretty interesting with the goat guy. I am very interested into which company he is going to name, and then see if the Dojo will follow suit. Seems like a shot in the dark, and a pretty bold statement to make if he has no idea and is a true prophet. Guess we should be finding out pretty soon.
I heard that he was proven to be a fraud. He is only 15 years old. :ohwell:

Oh well, at least we will be having another update in 1.5 hours.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
He does deny being the other goat here in his latest post:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25278622

http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

But yeah, he is now pushed into a corner.

Oh my god....
This is by far the worst coincidence ever.
Great. Now I look like a 15 year old jack*** looking to screw around with some ppl.
Well this completely discredits everything I've ever said. Fantastic.
It's not me.
I'm from the U.S.
He's not.
That's all the proof I've got, but to the skeptical Smash community, that will never be good enough.

....I don't even know how to react right now.....
Just wait till the game comes out I guess. Then you'll know for sure.
Until then,
(puts on flame shield)
I saw this and flipped out. Everything I have ever said is now discredited. Please, don't believe this. I'll have more on it tomorrow, but let me make it clear: I have no IGN profile. I live in the US, not Britain. It's just a coincidence, a major one, yes, but a coincidence. Updates will resume as planned, but it looks like in the eyes of everyone, they'll be a lot less believable. I'll still post them for those of you that stand by me. Your gain. But no one will know for sure now until Brawl comes out. Fantastic. I wouldn't just do this to screw around with everyone.

More on this tomorrow....I don't even know what to say....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
About how long after brawl is released do you think it will take for all the fighters to leak
I think the entire roster will be leaked a few days prior to the official Japanese release (January 24). Like I said earlier, the fourth week of January will be the week of leaks.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Too many prophets to pick from the real deal. I just want to know who the newcomers are going to be, and then I will be done at looking through these websites. Anyway, maybe someone with proof will come forward sooner than later.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like Captain Olimar is a playable character. What is disturbing though is that NyaseNya said that Olimar was a playable character months ago.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I am glad for a character update, though I don't really care for Olimar. What other predictions did NyaseNya say, again?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure no-one expected a character update now.

And I don't care if Nyase said it. Heaps of other people have, too.

Top Bottom