• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Chepe

Smash Lord
People generally dont think Sakurai will give 3 reps to such an obscure and limited-region franchise (I agree).

Yes, logically it does seem like Ness wont return. But this is Sakurai we are talking about. Pokemon Trainer seemed illogical before he was revealed. Id rather have Claus, but I am not completely convinced that there are absolutely no Mother 2 elements in the game just because he hasnt shown us any. Its the same faulty logic used on Pokemon not having any 4th gen elements just because Sakurai hadnt shown us any at first...

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Yep, that's me. Fun Fact: Smashchu is my universal user name. Goggle it and you'll find all the message boards I've ever been to.
Ok, cool. I just found it odd as I was on the Path of Radiance boards there. :)

And I'm the same way, I use RandomGuy42 (may include underscores) everywhere.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I know Ness's chances are slim but why do people think that the Mother series can't have three reps? I see people who support Ness or Claus but never both.
Because the Mother series is pretty obscure and 2/3 Japan-only, and it would make no sense to give it three characters over many other series that are better-known and mostly-if-not-entirely international (see: Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc). Some people don't even expect it to get more than just Lucas, in fact (I'm not one of them personally, but I can understand why they would think that). For it to be feasible for the Mother series to get 3 characters, we'd need a roster in excess of 40 characters easily, and I don't think anyone has high hopes for that anymore.

Zevox

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, a lot of people DID use the reasoning that all Mother elements would come from Mother 3 which meant Ness wouldnt be back. Now look...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness being in (If) Most likely mean, Claus is out....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, a lot of people DID use the reasoning that all Mother elements would come from Mother 3 which meant Ness wouldnt be back. Now look...
Looks like your in luck, in today's update they are bringing back Onett, which was a location in EarthBound.

As for the update, we are off to a good week so far. I happy these stages are returning, but did he really have to bring back Brinstar considering that we have Norfair.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, since this is a returning stage, I'm reserving my belief of anything getting confirmed until I see a new Earthbound stage. I think that he probably just brought Onett back because he thought it was unique or it was a popular stage.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He only has three Final Smash he has not shown yet:
Zero Suit Samus
Snake
Zelda

I think our character update this week will either be the Final Smash for one of the above three, or a new character. We reall only have this week and next week as far as speculation goes. The fourth week in January will be the week of leaks.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Well this update proves little to nothing for his chances; Notice hyrule temple and how we have...NO OOT CHARACTERS Lololol.

Then again we have zelda's ALT, So that could also easily mean that ness is an alt....

And hopefully we get a FS Soon.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Or maybe MOTHER gets three reps like most series seem to be getting?
"Most series"? Thus far the only series we can guarantee getting three are Pokèmon, Mario, Zelda, and Kirby. Some even question whether Star Fox or Metroid will make it past two, much less DK, Fire Emblem, and the many series most people expect to get only one character. It certainly doesn't seem to me like most series are getting three characters.

Anyway, todays update was mixed good and bad for me personally. I absolutely love that Corneria is back (makes up for the dullness of the only known new Star Fox stage), but the rest I'm either ambivalent to (Onnett, Rainbow Cruise) or dislike (Yoshi's Island, Brinstar), and I agree with Chronobound that Brinstar was especially unnecessary with Norfair already around. And now we know 6 returning stages, which is a pretty fair number. The update seems to imply there are more, which means we might still get other stages I've been hoping for (Fourside, N64's Mushroom Kingdom, either version of Kongo Jungle, and a few others), and I hope that turns out to be the case, but you never know. Maybe we'll get another past stages update in the next couple of weeks.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
"Most series"? Thus far the only series we can guarantee getting three are Pokèmon, Mario, Zelda, and Kirby. Some even question whether Star Fox or Metroid will make it past two, much less DK, Fire Emblem, and the many series most people expect to get only one character. It certainly doesn't seem to me like most series are getting three characters.

Anyway, todays update was mixed good and bad for me personally. I absolutely love that Corneria is back (makes up for the dullness of the only known new Star Fox stage), but the rest I'm either ambivalent to (Onnett, Rainbow Cruise) or dislike (Yoshi's Island, Brinstar), and I agree with Chronobound that Brinstar was especially unnecessary with Norfair already around. And now we know 6 returning stages, which is a pretty fair number. The update seems to imply there are more, which means we might still get other stages I've been hoping for (Fourside, N64's Mushroom Kingdom, either version of Kongo Jungle, and a few others), and I hope that turns out to be the case, but you never know. Maybe we'll get another past stages update in the next couple of weeks.

Zevox
By the end of Janaury, we will already have a list of all the stages in the game thanks to Brawl's Japanese release. Really, we only have this week and next week as far as roster speculating goes. I am sure that there are going to be plenty of people who get their hands on Brawl a few days prior to the official Japanese release date (January 24), which is why we only have this week and next week for speculating, hoping, and dreaming. An age is coming to a close, and a new one is beginning...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Zevox
I actually liked Brinstar...I really don't like how Norfair turned out

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
You state AC is 50/50, but then when you consider Advance Wars, you say if there AT got an icon, a character would be likely. That is true, but AC will CERTAINLY have a character!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You state AC is 50/50, but then when you consider Advance Wars, you say if there AT got an icon, a character would be likely. That is true, but AC will CERTAINLY have a character!

However, Animal Crossing has had almost everyone that could be made into as playable representative be a background character. Sure Sakurai can remove one of the characters, and might be screwing with everyone's heads, however, that might not be too likely. Also, the DS has its own icon, yet there is no one that could really represent it. Dr. Kawashima, who is both a real person and if nothing but a head in the game he is in. Dr. Lobe does not have any feet, and the Nintendogs were deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy.

However, we will find out the answers within two weeks time. We have already have had a wave of false "prophets", I am expecting a wave of false rosters toward the end of next week. I think that we will be getting the character selection screen either this week or next week, which will serve to help us understand what kind of roster we might be getting.

You could learn to not make assumptions and read into the context of posts?

The ... and "most likely" obviously indicate I'm replying to someone. Excuse me for assuming that people understood enough basic English to understand that.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@A Link to the Snitch:God, can you shut it already. I have not seen you make a post that wasn't being argumentative or just being a jerk.

Okysho

Smash Ace
well done, your Marth reasons were a great synopsis of all the reasons that he can return, shooting down pretty much every argument (of the few) that raised against him.

I liked how (unlike most support threads) you looked at these characters from a more logical standing point rather than a bias fanbase point. It really makes it easier to understand the facts from a realistic point of view. This thread is VERY well put together.

Zevox

Smash Lord
By the end of Janaury, we will already have a list of all the stages in the game thanks to Brawl's Japanese release. Really, we only have this week and next week as far as roster speculating goes. I am sure that there are going to be plenty of people who get their hands on Brawl a few days prior to the official Japanese release date (January 24), which is why we only have this week and next week for speculating, hoping, and dreaming. An age is coming to a close, and a new one is beginning...
Ah true, I'd forgotten that the 24th was two weeks from this Thursday. Good then. The speculation was interesting for a while, but at this point its just gotten stale, and frankly all our false prophets and false leaks are really starting to annoy me, since its going to make it difficult to pick out a real leak (unless its accompanied by genuine gameplay images or scans of a bootlegged/stolen guide or something).

Its just a pity we have to wait another week and a half after the real deal is finally known to get our hands on it, since no doubt the real roster/stages/etc will have us eager to play. I can't imagine what it would be like if I were a fan in Europe or Australia, still without even a solid release date when the full info of the game is about to become known. I'd probably have to cut myself off from any and all sources of Brawl info save the Dojo just to keep from feeling tortured until the release.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, so he finally shows what the Fighting-Polygon Team/Fighting Wireframes of this game look like. They look a bit weird. Oh well, another old Game Mode out of the way.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I like how this is, just listing and not giving opinion... I think.. Ah well looks good to me, has whom I want :D

-Onyx

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai is now taunting the fans by showing us the Multi-Man fighter based off the Captain :laugh:. Honestly, who could think he isn't in at this point?

Anyway, I liked this update.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Pretty good update. I just wish he'd show Falcon. He is obviosuly in the game at this point. He has a modle and everything.

Yellow is either Mario or Lucas. Green is defiantly Kirby (it's the most obvious, thus the comment).

Top Bottom