• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
A Ray AT? I am intrigued.

Nice about the other FE stuff, too. Another AT is always good. Do we have a link to this new confirmed track?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
A Ray AT? I am intrigued.

Nice about the other FE stuff, too. Another AT is always good. Do we have a link to this new confirmed track?
It was on a Japanese Smash Bros. fansite. They simply mention in talking about Fire Emblem content at Jumpfest that there was a Sothe Assist Trophy, a generic Pegasus Knight Assist Trophy, and that one of the themes that plays during Castle Siege is Bern Superpower.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Cool thread, although Geno is 2.5 party. It's not like I'm a supporter or anything, I just wanted to point that out.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Woah! That's exactly how I pictured a Tingle AT working!

Awesome....

Though of course, it's a bit of an unverified claim at the moment, but still cool.

Zevox

Smash Lord

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm disappointed with the Tingle AT. Why couldn't it have been Tingle floating above, dropping bombs?
I have not heard about the Tingle Assist Trophy anywhere else, so I am probably not going to take out my Tingle analysis.

Also, to all the people that have enjoyed this topic and the analyses in it, remember that I was nominated for Most Intelligent in the Forum Awards, however, I desperately need your votes in order to win, and would very much appreciate your decisions to vote for me. A link to the voting booth is in my signature. Remember voting ends today at 11:59 P.M. EST.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder why my topic was so dead today? Every other day this week there were plenty of posts. Oh well, it will probably be active again once Sakurai starts doing updates again. My prediction is that next week we will be getting a new character confirmed, we are so close to the Japanese release that Sakurai is bound to announce any starters he has left before the game's release there.

Also, I am sorry to bring this up again, but there are less than six hours left until voting in the Forum Awards ends, again, if you like my analyses and this topic, please vote for me before it is too late. I am the underdog in my category, so I desperately need your vote in order to win in it. There is a link to the voting booth in my signature, remember, voting ends today at 11:59 PM EST. I will probably be sleeping in a few hours, so this is my last notice in this topic about the Forum Awards.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, I voted for you ChronoBound, so I hope you win! I think that lack of updates from Sakurai is whats keeping quiet. The updates are all coming from the Japanese JumpFesta forums discussion going on the General Brawl boards...

626key

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the other bounty hunters from that metroid prime game for the DS should be ATs (Why can't I remember the name)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Maybe the other bounty hunters from that metroid prime game for the DS should be ATs (Why can't I remember the name)
Are you refering to Metroid Prime: Hunters?

Regarding the Tingle AT, I have one and only one question for those in the know about him; can I beat on him until he flies out of the screen like I could certain pokeball Pokemon in Melee? Because that was the most disapointing part of his background appearence in Melee, and if that oversight has been rectified, then Sakurai has made me a happy man.

On a side note, Chronobound, I wouldn't be too broken up about not getting the Most Intelligent forum award; pretty much all of those awards have been going to the Mods for as long as I can remember, I'd say you did well just to get nominated.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Are you refering to Metroid Prime: Hunters?

Regarding the Tingle AT, I have one and only one question for those in the know about him; can I beat on him until he flies out of the screen like I could certain pokeball Pokemon in Melee? Because that was the most disapointing part of his background appearence in Melee, and if that oversight has been rectified, then Sakurai has made me a happy man.

On a side note, Chronobound, I wouldn't be too broken up about not getting the Most Intelligent forum award; pretty much all of those awards have been going to the Mods for as long as I can remember, I'd say you did well just to get nominated.

So far only one person is claiming they saw the Tingle AT, and that source is GameFAQs, so I am being sceptical.

Also, I am glad that I at least got runner-up. Also, you're right practically all of the the awards went to mods. Although I did not win, I would like to thank everyone who voted for me, with my utmost gratitude, and will continue to provide the best analyses and find the latest rumors.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"Sylux isn't very likely...at all"

Of course he's not, however i think he does deserve his own "section" since he would be the 3rd likely metroid rep.

Ridley>Dark Samus>Sylux

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
*Steels himself when checking how many Gimpy has*

Ugh, 8, including Friendliest and Helpful. -_-

Anyway, congrats on the Runner Up! That's still pretty good for someone that's largely a "unknown". :bigthumbu

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*Steels himself when checking how many Gimpy has*

Ugh, 8, including Friendliest and Helpful. -_-

Anyway, congrats on the Runner Up! That's still pretty good for someone that's largely a "unknown". :bigthumbu
Thank you. I just kind of wish they would bar mods from the awards, I think moderators won like in 90% of the categories. Oh well.

Anyway, the good news is that there is most likely not going to be a delay for the Japanese version of Brawl? Why? Because they are now showing commercials for it in Japan.

Also, my earlier prediction about more fake leakers popping up is coming true as well, I hope we get the real leak as soon as possible, though I don't expect it to show up until the third week of January at the earliest.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Lol, you're keeping that sig Chrono?
I am probably going to edit out the link to the voting booth, but yeah it is a pretty good signature. I will probably ask vesperview to make a new one for me without the word "vote and phrase "most intelligent".

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
It could be changed to ChronoBound: Most Intelligent Runner Up. SWF 2007" or some variation.

D

Deleted member

*facepalm*

Mario is not a supporting character.

Um, he kinda was in Mario RPG.

A supporting character is someone who supports the main character.

*coughGenocough*

Mario, Bowser, Peach, Mallow, and Geno all have their own motives for fighting. Bowser wants his castle back, Mario wants to save the day, Peach wants peace in her kingdom, and Mallow... well, he doesn't have a motive besides wanting peace and being loyal to Mario, but the fact remains that the sole motive of the game is not repairing Star Road.
Hey, um, Geno had the most important motive out of all of them. Mario wanted to save the day, yes, but Geno wanted to save Star Road and while he was at it, he saved the Mushroom Kingdom to. But he couldn't do it alone without the SUPPORT of MARIO.

Foz...

1. The plot of SMRPG was not "Save Star Road". It was "Defeat Smithy". Defeating Smithy helps Bowser, Mario, and Peach, all of which have their own reasons in addition to fixing Star Road.

Everyone is important in Mario RPG. Geno does not trump anyone else.

2. Mario supports Geno in "saving the day"? Peach supports Geno in "saving her kingdom"? Bowser supports Geno in "saving his castle"? No. Geno supports them in their quests, everyone supports Geno's quest. Geno being the main character is an absolute falsity.

3. Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Mallow all care about saving Star Road. Just because Geno initiated the quest doesn't mean that it's HIS quest.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Foz...

1. The plot of SMRPG was not "Save Star Road". It was "Defeat Smithy". Defeating Smithy helps Bowser, Mario, and Peach, all of which have their own reasons in addition to fixing Star Road.

2. Mario supports Geno in "saving the day"? Peach supports Geno in "saving her kingdom"? Bowser supports Geno in "saving his castle"? No. Geno supports them in their quests, everyone supports Geno's quest. Geno being the main character is an absolute falsity.

3. Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Mallow all care about saving Star Road. Just because Geno initiated the quest doesn't mean that it's HIS quest.
Well yes, your completely wrong about #3, It WAS his quest, everyone just aided him on it. He was sent on that quest alone...It was his sole mission.

They all cared about saving Star Road (probably Bowser less so).

The fact that the main quest is most important to Geno does NOT make him the main character or the star.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They all cared about saving Star Road (probably Bowser less so).

The fact that the main quest is most important to Geno does NOT make him the main character or the star.
I said it makes it his quest...It doesn't matter who aides him in the quest to repair the star road, it's still his quest

And that makes him the main character?

Even though all five are necessary in the quest and contribute to it?

And that doesn't change the fact that you HAVE to be Mario, but you never HAVE to use Geno once you get the fourth character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And that makes him the main character?

Even though all five are necessary in the quest and contribute to it?

And that doesn't change the fact that you HAVE to be Mario, but you never HAVE to use Geno once you get the fourth character.
I never said it made him the main character, I don't care if he's the main character.

I'm saying the Star Road was his quest...he was the only one chosen/ assigned and obligated to complete it...

Besides, the main character doesn't necessarily have to be the focus of any story...

the focus makes the character the main protagonist but doesn't necessarily mean they were the most important character in the story

D

Deleted member

Foz...

What? Geno's goal was to bring peace back to Star Road. That was the main aspect Geno wanted to do. H was also sent to defeat Smithy so, really, ts kinda both.

I beg to differ. Geno is playing the biggest role in this game. I could be wrong, but to me, that's a true main character but in reality, that's a true hero.

*facepalm*

No. They support Geno in repairing Star Road and defeat Smithy. Everyone has their own personal motive, yes, but you think just 'saving the day' is better than 'saving 2 places and defeating a badass bad guy who wanted to rule over the Mushroom Kingdom'? I don't. They supported and helped Geno in his quest and did so.

Um, Geno was sent to do it. >__>

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey. Chrono 2 things:

1) The 1st commercials were realesed in Japan, which means no more delays.

2) Hope you win Chrono! ^^
Yeah, I am pretty sure that there is 99% chance there is not going to be a delay for the Japanese release of Brawl, now that they are showing commercials for it. We will learn the roster in a little over two weeks for sure. :)

Also, the Forum Awards ended, and I got runner-up in my category. The mods swept all the categories. :ohwell:

However, thanks for voting for me though.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I thought there was a trailer on English tv a long time ago for the December 3rd release...
Or it'd could've been a dream.
Regardless, very unlikely it'll be delayed in Japan, with adverts so close to the release.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I am pretty sure that there is 99% chance there is not going to be a delay for the Japanese release of Brawl, now that they are showing commercials for it. We will learn the roster in a little over two weeks for sure. :)

Also, the Forum Awards ended, and I got runner-up in my category. The mods swept all the categories. :ohwell:

However, thanks for voting for me though.
Forgot that winners were today. At least you git runner up! ^^

voting was rigged jk
Looks like the "prophets" are wrong! (I didn't belive them)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Forgot that winners were today. At least you git runner up! ^^

voting was rigged jk
Looks like the "prophets" are wrong! (I didn't belive them)
Unfortunately, NyaseNya only mentioned a delay for the North American version of Brawl, so we are not out of the woods just yet. Nevertheless, we are on the verge of learning the roster anyway. Remember, Melee's roster was leaked twenty days before the Japanese release. Technically, a leak can come anyday now. However, I think we won't be seeing any leaks until the third week in January at the earliest. The fourth week is when we will definitely be seeing leaks.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, NyaseNya only mentioned a delay for the North American version of Brawl, so we are not out of the woods just yet. Nevertheless, we are on the verge of learning the roster anyway. Remember, Melee's roster was leaked twenty days before the Japanese release. Technically, a leak can come anyday now. However, I think we won't be seeing any leaks until the third week in January at the earliest. The fourth week is when we will definitely be seeing leaks.

Oh, yeah, Nya said NA. :/ Anyways I think the leaks won't happen. Sakurai likes to keep secrets, especially Brawl. 3rd-4th week is the most likely week for a leak. Hope we get a character update on Janurary 7th or that week at least.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Unfortunately, NyaseNya only mentioned a delay for the North American version of Brawl, so we are not out of the woods just yet.
But why would one region get a delay while the other had their game. The US version of Melee came right after the Japanese one. It's not crazy to assume that we are safe.

Top Bottom