• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hopefully, they surprise us with a Third-party and later a veteran for the Dojo's return in January.

Is Geno really that grand of a character? It be cool seeing another "retro" back in SSB but I didn't know the guy had such loyalty.
You wouldn't believe how much support he has :p
Geno 4 Brawl!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Where's the rumor about Sothe :O? And i think this might hint at moar FE10 Representation...Maybe Michiah as playable? She's sure to probably get more then an assist.
Its not a rumor.

Also, the story about Brawl having gone gold turned out to be false.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Unless there is another delay, I don't think there are going to be any more third-party character announcements. Really, the only third-party character I can see getting into Brawl without a huge unveil would be Geno.
What do you mean? The only third-party character to have any sort of special unveiling was Snake. I mean, Sonic just got a brief announcement at a press conference and his Dojo update himself. What else would you expect any other third-party character to get?

Zevox

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Its not a rumor.

Also, the story about Brawl having gone gold turned out to be false.
Well, it's not gold after all.

So does anyone have a video or link showing the 2 ATs? It's not that I don't believe them, but I wanna know what they do.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
......................................................What??
"Gone gold" means that the master copy of the game used for mass-manufacturing is finished. There was an article how this one image meant that Brawl had gone gold, thus complete, however, it turned out that the picture was simply misinterpreted.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to check the Geno thread then. Wish me luck for my return...

Rosaline, Sothe, and Duster were mentioned by Japanese bloggers who went to the event, but because of no cameras being allowed in to take pics, many Japanese people followed the rules and in doing so, caused us to ponder for a decent picture source. I'm sorry to say that there is none I found on the internet so far. However, many gaming blogs such as GoNintendo.com do indeed say that these three were assists at the event.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I made some new Zelda character analyses to make up for the recent deconfirmations. They are for Mask Link and Linebeck.

Mask Link: One idea that I have seen thrown around quite a bit is the inclusion of the Link from Majora's Mask. He would be unique in that he would be four characters in one. With human Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link, being the four characters that make up this character, he would surely be the ultimate Zelda character. People have also suggested that Fierce Diety Link be his Final Smash. However, I highly doubt Sakurai's team would devote this much time to a character whose game was released back in 2000, and has less support than another incarnation of Link (Wind Waker Link). However, I expect to see some trophies and stickers of the various forms that the Link from Majora's Mask had in the game to be in Brawl.

Linebeck: Linebeck is the Tetra/Midna/Sheik of Phantom Hourglass. He is the captain of the ship that Link uses to travel the Great Sea in Phantom Hourglass, and is a treasure-hungry, somewhat cowardly, and a bit self-centered individual. However, he has an interesting backstory and has become one of the most popular characters from the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass arc. Unfortunately, there has not been much support for Linebeck to get in as a playable character, and if a character from WW or PH were to get in as a playable character, it would most likely be Wind Waker Link. I expect the most Linebeck to show up as would be a regular trophy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Good analysis can you do one for Cecil Harvey or anyone from Final Fantasy.
And Mog from FFVI
I made these months ago:

Moogle:

First appearance: Final Fantasy III (NES)

Also appeared in: Pretty much every Final Fantasy since then, Mario Basket 3-on-3 (DS)

Profile:
Moogles are smalls creatures that appear in nearly every Final Fantasy. They have small eyes, and wings that are bat-like and red, pink, or purple in color. A single black antenna sticks from their heads, with a small colorful ball at the end of it. Their ears are typically shaped like those of a cat, and their fur is usually white or light pink. Moogles typically end their sentences with the word “kupo”. Some Moogles have even joined Final Fantasy heroes on their adventure like Mog from Final Fasntasy VI. Moogles have also appeared in the Mana and Kingdom Hearts series.

Why He Should Be In Brawl:
A Moogle would be a good representative of the entire Final Fantasy series. He has appeared in a lot of games on Nintendo consoles, and his light-hearted nature makes him a perfect fit in with most of Brawl’s cast. Moogle has also starred in a game with Nintendo characters, which is Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Finally, Moogle would have a very interesting moveset in Brawl to say the least (if Final Fantasy VI is anything to go by).

Why He Should Not Be In Brawl:
Many fans may not want a generic character to be Square’s choice. Also, to many people a Chocobo may be a slightly better representative of the entire Final Fantasy series than a Moogle.

What Are His Chances:
Moogle has very good chances if a Final Fantasy character is chosen as representative because he instantly recognizable to most people who have ever played a Final Fantasy game. Moogle would be good in the eyes of Square to promoting future Final Fantasy games on Nintendo platforms, including a potential spinoff just starring a Moogle. Finally, like with Chocobo, it is unlikely that a Moogle will be a playable character in Dissidia Final Fantasy, which improves his chances to be in Brawl.

Cecil:

First appearance: Final Fantasy IV (SNES)

Also appeared in: Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA), Final Fantasy IV (remake) (DS)

Profile:
Cecil is the primary protagonist of Final Fantasy IV. He was orphaned at a young age and taken in by the King of Baron and raised to become a Dark Knight. Although Cecil was very much reluctant to master the Dark Sword, he became a very skilled Dark Knight. He is eventually promoted to the command Baron’s airship fleet, the “Red Wings”. However, Cecil begins to question the morality of the king when he orders Cecil to rob the town of Mysidia of its Water Crystal. Cecil eventually rebels against the king and forms an alliance of warriors to oppose Baron after he unwittingly bombed the village of Mist under the king’s orders. During the quest, he becomes a paladin by climbing Mount Ordeals (the picture above is of his paladin form).

Final Fantasy IV is the third most popular Final Fantasy in Japan (behind only Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X). Also, Final Fantasy IV is being remade in 3-D for the Nintendo DS, and what better way to get people interested in it than to place the main hero of the game into what is likely to be one of the Wii’s highest selling titles.

Cecil (and Final Fantasy IV) don’t seem to be very much popular in the West (as a matter of fact, the only 2-D Final Fantasy that has a large following is the US is Final Fantasy VI). Also, it may be difficult to come up with a moveset for Cecil, and his designs for both his Dark Knight and Paladin may be unattractive to Nintendo’s younger demographic.

What Are His Chances:
Cecil, in my opinion, is by far the most likely hero from a main Final Fantasy on a Nintendo console to appear in Brawl. Also, Cecil appearing in Brawl would be very beneficial financially to Square-Enix for promoting the upcoming remake of Final Fantasy IV (especially outside Japan). However, there is one major flaw in this, and that is Dissidia Final Fantasy . Dissidia Final Fantasy is basically Square-Enix’s answer to Super Smash Bros. It is being made by Nomura (the creator of Kingdom Hearts) and it is in development for the PSP. There are going to be ten heroes and ten villains from the Final Fantasy series in this game. It is very likely that Cecil will be a playable character in this game. Nomura and his team, would not want a major character from his game (such as Cecil) stealing the spotlight from his title, if Cecil is announced as a playable character in Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I made these months ago:

Moogle:

First appearance: Final Fantasy III (NES)

Also appeared in: Pretty much every Final Fantasy since then, Mario Basket 3-on-3 (DS)

Profile:
Moogles are smalls creatures that appear in nearly every Final Fantasy. They have small eyes, and wings that are bat-like and red, pink, or purple in color. A single black antenna sticks from their heads, with a small colorful ball at the end of it. Their ears are typically shaped like those of a cat, and their fur is usually white or light pink. Moogles typically end their sentences with the word “kupo”. Some Moogles have even joined Final Fantasy heroes on their adventure like Mog from Final Fasntasy VI. Moogles have also appeared in the Mana and Kingdom Hearts series.

A Moogle would be a good representative of the entire Final Fantasy series. He has appeared in a lot of games on Nintendo consoles, and his light-hearted nature makes him a perfect fit in with most of Brawl’s cast. Moogle has also starred in a game with Nintendo characters, which is Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Finally, Moogle would have a very interesting moveset in Brawl to say the least (if Final Fantasy VI is anything to go by).

Many fans may not want a generic character to be Square’s choice. Also, to many people a Chocobo may be a slightly better representative of the entire Final Fantasy series than a Moogle.

What Are His Chances:
Moogle has very good chances if a Final Fantasy character is chosen as representative because he instantly recognizable to most people who have ever played a Final Fantasy game. Moogle would be good in the eyes of Square to promoting future Final Fantasy games on Nintendo platforms, including a potential spinoff just starring a Moogle. Finally, like with Chocobo, it is unlikely that a Moogle will be a playable character in Dissidia Final Fantasy, which improves his chances to be in Brawl.
These are some very good arguments :)
So what are your personal opinions on them?

And can I use these arguments in the Moogle thread?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
These are some very good arguments :)
So what are your personal opinions on them?

And can I use these arguments in the Moogle thread?
I don't mind, just be sure to credit me. :)

Also, you wouldn't mind telling the Moogle fans to vote for me in the Forum Awards? ;)

Personally, I think Moogle would be the best representative for Final Fantasy in Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I don't mind, just be sure to credit me. :)

Also, you wouldn't mind telling the Moogle fans to vote for me in the Forum Awards? ;)

Personally, I think Moogle would be the best representative for Final Fantasy in Brawl.
Cool :) And sure, I'll tell them.
But I'm curious, do you think Mog the moogle(FFVI or FFIII for the SNES in the US) has a chance?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Cool :) And sure, I'll tell them.
But I'm curious, do you think Mog the moogle(FFVI or FFIII for the SNES in the US) has a chance?
I am being honest, but if there is a Square-Enix character in Brawl it will probably be Geno. However, if it is not Geno, and there is a Square-Enix representative, it will probably be Moogle, Chocobo, or Black Mage. Also, another interesting tidbit is that IGN had a poll on which Square-Enix character they wanted to see in Brawl the most, and Moogle won it, so if Square-Enix was paying any attention to that poll, they would realize that Moogle has quite a bit of fans (he even beat out Cloud, Crono, and Sora).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I am being honest, but if there is a Square-Enix character in Brawl it will probably be Geno. However, if it is not Geno, and there is a Square-Enix representative, it will probably be Moogle, Chocobo, or Black Mage. Also, another interesting tidbit is that IGN had a poll on which Square-Enix character they wanted to see in Brawl the most, and Moogle won it, so if Square-Enix was paying any attention to that poll, they would realize that Moogle has quite a bit of fans (he even beat out Cloud, Crono, and Sora).
Wow :)
But yeah, that darn Geno :p Jk, I'd want him in too. :ohwell:

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
No he was the Reader's Choice on the Smash It Up! features on ign but there was alot of hatred for Sora and Cloud.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'm almost certain that the Cloud/Sora hate stems largely from the fanbase side (idiotic fans supporting them and jealous fans against them).

I was surprised with Sothe's appearence as an AT, as well as Rosalina's. Wonder what that means for FE and Mario Galaxy.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I'd say it means, especially for Rosalina, that important yet supporting characters will get in - as ATs. Like Geno and Midna :)

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Eh, except for Chrono I can't see very much good choices around, actually. I frankly doubt that there will be any more third-party characters, though - with Megaman deconfirmed and Sonic already in, I can't see anyone else getting in. They're important, but not important enough.

How can you not see Slime?

We've had five DQ games released in this gen alone for Nintendo systems - Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Dragon Quest Sword: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Super Mario + Dragon Quest Itagaki Street DS, and Dragon Quest IV DS. We're getting Dragon Quest V DS, Dragon Quest VI DS, and Dragon Quest IX. DQIV, V, and VI will be released in the US for the very first time ever. DQ is a lot more significant than anyone from FF to Nintendo right now.

And, like I'v said, Bomberman, Slime, etc. are all very important to Nintendo, and what with Nintendo's relationship with Hudson, that improves Bomberman's chances.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

We've had five DQ games released in this gen alone for Nintendo systems - Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, Dragon Quest Sword: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Super Mario + Dragon Quest Itagaki Street DS, and Dragon Quest IV DS. We're getting Dragon Quest V DS, Dragon Quest VI DS, and Dragon Quest IX. DQIV, V, and VI will be released in the US for the very first time ever. DQ is a lot more significant than anyone from FF to Nintendo right now.

And, like I'v said, Bomberman, Slime, etc. are all very important to Nintendo, and what with Nintendo's relationship with Hudson, that improves Bomberman's chances.
Well I agree on Bomberman.
Slime seems important enough too.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
What is with the sudden insurgence of 3rd party support? It makes me wonder if people really understand the odds steeped against even having another 3rd party character (with a few notable exceptions). I mean, with Nintendo-owned characters, all you need to consider is the character. But 3rd party characters are the trademarked intillectual property of another company, and they have the right to charge Nintendo whatever they want for the use of it, or refuse entirely. These companies are just that; companies, and they are only going to lend their characters under three major conditions; 1. Their creator just happens to be a huge fan of the Smash Bros series (Snake/Konami), 2. The popularity of games the company has been slipping and leeching off Nintendo's current popularity (Sonic/Sega), 3. Nintendo is willing to spend a bunch o'money to obtain the rights to put their character in Brawl.

From a business perspective, since Brawl is not only already highly anticipated, and already has two significant 3rd party characters, the cost/benefit ratio for actually paying to put in a third is pretty low. Aside from a recent quote from one of the guys behind Bio-Shock I saw on Kotaku today, I don't know of any particular Smash-love being generated by other gaming production teams which would lead to them lending Nintendo their characters out of the goodness of their hearts, and most of the big names suggested (I'm looking at Square-Enix, on this one) are doing well enough that they don't need the free ride.

However, I must admit Link to a Snitch's comment about Hudson makes some sense. Nintendo and Hudson have been getting pretty cozy recently, what with the Virtual Consol, and they're developing the Mario Party games for Nintendo. I don't know what else Hudson's got on their plate at the moment, so they may be in a similar situation to Sega, where leeching off Nintendo's strength could benefit them.

Then there is the issue of how much sense a character makes in a Smash Bros. game outside of their overall popularity. I mean, Homer Simpson is a pretty popular character, and has been in several video games, but that doesn't mean he'd fit into Smash at all. There have to be other factors to consider. I personally think history with Nintendo is an important fact to consider when it comes to 3rd party characters, that's why I think Geno has so many supporters, and why he makes sense when other Square-enix characters don't.

I've got more input, but my hunger is currently overwhelming my ability to formulate coherent thoughts, so I will have to post them later. :dizzy:

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Rosalina and Sothe are Assist Trophies???

Can someone show me the link?
Well, Rosalina was in the JumpFesta demo. Not sure what she does though. Sorry, I can't remember the link.

As for Sothe, I'm not sure where this info came from. I assume JumpFesta as well. But does anyone know for sure?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Remember that DQ isn't very big here. Sure, it has a fanbase, but the real hitter here in the west is KH and FF.

I will say I will squeal will glee if Moggle is in Brawl.

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
Props to you, dude. I have almost no complains in this thread, and the few that I do are biased, so gj. >_> Looks like it took you a lot of time to research all of this, let alone write it.

I only have one problem with this though.

How would Sakurai make unique movesets for 5 different sword users from the same game series? :x

del-boy

Smash Journeyman

Slime has no arms or legs so I don't thing they can make a moveset for him but SE would make a very good move by putting in hero from the newest DQ game to help it sell better in the rest of the world as it does not do that good in every where but japan.

So the SE rep will be Geno but he wil be but in as a mario rep and so we could have someone from FF or DQ in as well.

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
Remember that DQ isn't very big here. Sure, it has a fanbase, but the real hitter here in the west is KH and FF.

I will say I will squeal will glee if Moggle is in Brawl.
But it could help DQ to sell better.

I think someone/something from FF should be the rep for SE but if there is going to be no FF rep then DQ rep should get it.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
JumpFesta???

I'm sorry for my apparent ignorance, but could I get a link?

Also, what is JumpFest?
JumpFesta was kind of an Anime event in Japan that had a playable demo of Brawl, similar to the one at E 4 All, although it was not identical.

Here's the link to the thread on it. All the stuff should be in there. Sorry, that's the best I could do.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131998

Top Bottom