• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Thank you. I just kind of wish they would bar mods from the awards, I think moderators won like in 90% of the categories. Oh well.

Anyway, the good news is that there is most likely not going to be a delay for the Japanese version of Brawl? Why? Because they are now showing commercials for it in Japan.

Also, my earlier prediction about more fake leakers popping up is coming true as well, I hope we get the real leak as soon as possible, though I don't expect it to show up until the third week of January at the earliest.
Such is the boards. I think I'll suggest they bar the Mods from the awards next year, except the Mod only awards. Not that my opinion will probably mean much, but at least I'll feel better.

Regarding these Japanese commercials, are any of them online yet? Because if you were able to secure a link to one/all of them, you would be in the running for my 3rd favorite person ever (Chuck Norris and Fawriel are tough to beat for the top spots). :cool:

I am probably going to edit out the link to the voting booth, but yeah it is a pretty good signature. I will probably ask vesperview to make a new one for me without the word "vote and phrase "most intelligent".
Lol, or if you want to come across as really arrogant, you could just take away the "vote" but leave the "most intelligent."

I never said it made him the main character, I don't care if he's the main character.

I'm saying the Star Road was his quest...he was the only one chosen/ assigned and obligated to complete it...

Besides, the main character doesn't necessarily have to be the focus of any story...

the focus makes the character the main protagonist but doesn't necessarily mean they were the most important character in the story
Isn't the main character, by definition, the focus of a story and the protagonist? I mean, what you're saying about a character's importance not making them the focus makes sense. But the MAIN character is decided by focus, not importance. After all, Optimus Prime was clearly more important than Sam Witwicky in the recent Transformers movie, but Sam was definitely the 'main' character and protagonist.

I guess it's a moot point, since neither you or A Link to the Snitch seem to be arguing that Geno is the main character, but I couldn't resist putting in my 2 cents.

Also, regarding leaks, I'm going to laugh my *** off if on the 7th, Sakurai announces the entire full roster, including unlockables. Nobody'd see that coming. Then I'd die a little inside, because I'd have nothing to look forward to finding out.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
But why would one region get a delay while the other had their game. The US version of Melee came right after the Japanese one. It's not crazy to assume that we are safe.
'dis.

Tell me a logical reason why the NA version of Brawl would be delayed, but not the Japanese or European one?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Such is the boards. I think I'll suggest they bar the Mods from the awards next year, except the Mod only awards. Not that my opinion will probably mean much, but at least I'll feel better.

Regarding these Japanese commercials, are any of them online yet? Because if you were able to secure a link to one/all of them, you would be in the running for my 3rd favorite person ever (Chuck Norris and Fawriel are tough to beat for the top spots). :cool:

Here you go:

http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft81/
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft82/
http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft83/

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

Here you go:

3 Commercials? I only saw 2. Oh well.:chuckle:

I agree, there should be a mods only award and regular member awards. Hopefully I won't get warned.:evil:

The rAt

Smash Ace
'dis.

Tell me a logical reason why the NA version of Brawl would be delayed, but not the Japanese or European one?
Good point, but tell me a logical reason why European release dates are always significantly later than NA ones? Unfortunately logic doesn't always enter into the picture when dealing with Nintendo.

Here you go:

Sweet, thanks. Did anyone catch how the second and third videos did character intros? Makes me think if we'll be seeing more Japanese trailers with more character intros. After all, the idea of a trailer is to attract an audience, right? Well, it seems to me that the most efficient way to attract the most people is showing characters from the most series possible. That is, once you've given the spotlight to Kirby, you've got the attention of all the fans of the Kirby series, and showcasing other Kirby characters isn't going to widen your audience. But that's just what the second trailer does; instead of showcasing Samus or DK, for example, and grabbing the attention of the DK and Metroid fans, it spotlights King Dedede and Pokemon Trainer.

That tells me that they aren't worried about attracting the largest audience with these eight characters, but that we will see more trailers with more characters. Perhaps enough so for every character to get an intro?

3 Commercials? I only saw 2. Oh well.:chuckle:

I agree, there should be a mods only award and regular member awards. Hopefully I won't get warned.:evil:
No worries, I don't think anyone's going to fault you for having an opinion on the matter. Now if you go on a rampage about it, you might wanna watch out for the old ban-stick. :p

The main character is NOT the focus of the story. To bring up the detective story, the detective is not the focus, but he's obviously the protagonist.

Mario is not the focus, but the simple fact is that he is the protagonist along with the other four.

The rAt

Smash Ace
The main character is NOT the focus of the story. To bring up the detective story, the detective is not the focus, but he's obviously the protagonist.

Mario is not the focus, but the simple fact is that he is the protagonist along with the other four.
1. I think you might be confusing 'protagonist' (which is generally synonymous with 'main' character) with 'hero'. The protagonist is the central character whose actions we as readers follow, and around who the story typically unfolds (whether or not he is a major player in them), and even sometimes even whose eyes you see the story through (1st person narration). A protagonist doesn't even necessarily need to be the 'good guy' (example: Grand Theft Auto), he/she merely needs to be the character we as readers are metaphorically following around, sometimes the protagonist is just an observer. By definition, the protagonist is generally the focus of the story, because we find out what is happening primarily, sometimes only when he or she is present for the events.
In regards to the detective story, well I haven't really spent a lot of time studying that genre, but if the detective is not the character who's actions you follow, he may be the 'hero' of the story, but not the 'protagonist'.

2. I don't think anyone is arguing with your assertion that Mario is the main character or protagonist of SMRPG.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm wordy; that's what I do. Anyhow, all of this Mario RPG talk needs to stop, until it comes out on the Virtual Console and I can see what all the hubbub is about. :p

626key

Smash Journeyman
In my eyes they are all the main protagonists, the end is changed by your choices like star fox assult, or shadow the hedgehog (sorry for a non nintendo simalie)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess you could say, I was referring more to the hero...

Geno in his role was more the hero of the story and Mario was the main protagonist who joined his quest...

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
SmashChu, I just happened to see someone with that same username on GameFAQs. That you? The ID is 1567264.

100% of the game is viewed from Mario, none of it is from Geno's perspective.

Now, I don't care if people call Geno a hero, or a main character, or a protagonist. However, Mario, Mallow, Peach, and Bowser are all heroes, main characters, and protagonists. And the simple fact is that Mario is the most "protagonisty" character of the group, since he is the leader of the party.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SmashChu, I just happened to see someone with that same username on GameFAQs. That you? The ID is 1567264.
Yep, that's me. Fun Fact: Smashchu is my universal user name. Goggle it and you'll find all the message boards I've ever been to.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Holy crap! Looks like Ness is going to return:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135228

To tell you the truth, I am extremely happy to here this news, Ness is the hero of one of most favorite RPGs ever. I wonder whether he is going to come back as Luigi-fied clone of Lucas or as a completely new character.
They don't have proof

Even the Starmen.net links to the gamefaqs thread...or here or something

We don't have proof anyone knows...or even said that

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nevermind, I just read the GameFAQs user who posted this information's name. This person has been making up stuff since late July in regards to Brawl information. Sorry looks like this information is a hoax.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
It's very plausible, but its from Gamefaqs, so its obvisouly fake. Also, the part where Ness just joins you for one part and leaves is just BS. (Did he say Ness would be unlockable at the end?)

IMO Claus is a much better rep than Ness. Claus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ness

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
NOOOO i want my falcon right away!! anyways......only bout a month till the states gets it woot!!!
I reserved my copy this weekend
and about two weeks before that we find out who's in
Can't wait for that
It's very plausible, but its from Gamefaqs, so its obvisouly fake. Also, the part where Ness just joins you for one part and leaves is just BS. (Did he say Ness would be unlockable at the end?)

Agreed

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I reserved my copy this weekend
Reserved mines on Christmas! =D
Can't wait for that
Hopefully we can get a leak, but probably not until near launch.

Agreed
The only good that can come from Ness is that he will deconfirm all of the prophets, but ruin Clauses chances so ya. (Unless by some miracle we get 3 reps for Earthbound, but unlikely. We have a better chance of a character being revealed this week)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Or why not just accept the fact that Brawl is using Mother 3 as precedence and add Claus.

I love the way you two think. :bigthumbu Claus for Brawl!

I'm VERY relieved to hear that this rumor is false. I would hate to see Claus's chances be diminished on account of Ness!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only good that can come from Ness is that he will deconfirm all of the prophets, but ruin Clauses chances so ya. (Unless by some miracle we get 3 reps for Earthbound, but unlikely. We have a better chance of a character being revealed this week)
Actually, having Ness in Brawl would make the "prophets" more believable. Both NyaseNya and ChaosZero said that Ness would be returning as a playable character.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
BTW Chrono you have lots of editing out to do. Tingle is an AT, Birdo is an AT, and according to some people, Takamaru( Did I spell it right?) is an AT, but have yet to accept that. They didn't tell me what Takamaru did, so thats why its probably false. ?I did find out what Tingle did, but thats in a different forum, so ya...Claus and Geno for Brawl!

Actually, having Ness in Brawl would make the "prophets" more believable. Both NyaseNya and ChaosZero said that Ness would be returning as a playable character.
Got to read those post more carefully. >_> So if Ness is deconfirmed, then double yay for Claus and "prophets" being wrong!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BTW Chrono you have lots of editing out to do. Tingle is an AT, Birdo is an AT, and according to some people, Takamaru( Did I spell it right?) is an AT, but have yet to accept that. They didn't tell me what Takamaru did, so thats why its probably false. ?I did find out what Tingle did, but thats in a different forum, so ya...Claus and Geno for Brawl!
Actually, only one person said that Tingle and Birdo were Assist Trophies, until I hear more people say that they were Assist Trophies at JumpFest, I am not going to remove their analyses. Also, the person claiming that Takamaru is an Assist Trophy is yet another "prophet".

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
There also isn't proof of Ness' removal. >_>

Oh plz, Because we all know how every rumor so far has been super right... [/sarcasm]

This "Rumor omg prophet lololol" Stuff is getting ridiculous, We all should just wait for the game to come out in japan then freak out, Hopefully it's wrong through, 35 Characters = Meh...

XACE-K

Smash Master
I know Ness's chances are slim but why do people think that the Mother series can't have three reps? I see people who support Ness or Claus but never both.

Top Bottom