• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Looks like Captain Olimar is a playable character. What is disturbing though is that NyaseNya said that Olimar was a playable character months ago.
Not to sound condescending, but I said Captain Olimar was going to be a playable character in the next Smash Bros several years before the game was announced. He's kind of a no-brainer. He's the central character of an otherwise unrepresented Nintendo-owned Shigeru Miyamoto-developed property. Again, not to pick on people who are surprised by his inclusion, but putting in Olimar makes a lot more sense than any of the extraneous side characters that have been suggested in the Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon series', and I would have been surprised if Olimar wasn't in as a playable character. And I mean, knocked on my *** surprised.

All of that to say that Olimar's inclusion doesn't really validate this NyaseNya person's claims. Toss us a screwball that turns out right, and you've got yourself some evidence. :dizzy:

D

Deleted member

NyaseNya predicted the exact day of Sonic days in advance and also predicted Olimar. When will you guys just appreciate a legit person and stop trolling him?

I do have a question for Nyase, and I KNOW the answer to all of these, and it will prove whether he is real or not (to me).

Is Ness in?
Is Captain Falcon in?
Is R.O.B. in?

The rAt

Smash Ace
EDIT: Everytime something good goes down, my ability to post properly goes down, too. Sorry for the second post.

EDIT2: I'm not trolling anyone, I'm simply saying I require more proof. Olimar wasn't a surprise. I was unaware of the Sonic thing, which is somewhat more convincing, but it could have been a fluke or a tip-off.
Also, if you know the answer to those questions, couldn't he/she have come to the answer by the same process you did? (I'm assuming you used logic for the second two, like everyone else did, not sure how you came up with the first one)

On a side note, does anyone have a link to these predictions? If it was posted, I must have missed it. Having a track record for what this individual said and when he/she said it would help ease my skepticism.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not to sound condescending, but I said Captain Olimar was going to be a playable character in the next Smash Bros several years before the game was announced. He's kind of a no-brainer. He's the central character of an otherwise unrepresented Nintendo-owned Shigeru Miyamoto-developed property. Again, not to pick on people who are surprised by his inclusion, but putting in Olimar makes a lot more sense than any of the extraneous side characters that have been suggested in the Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon series', and I would have been surprised if Olimar wasn't in as a playable character. And I mean, knocked on my *** surprised.

All of that to say that Olimar's inclusion doesn't really validate this NyaseNya person's claims. Toss us a screwball that turns out right, and you've got yourself some evidence. :dizzy:
What NyaseNya did say about Olimar was that he had a whip-like move with Pikmin as one of his moves. Let's simply wait to the Olimar moves update, in order to confirm or deconfirm this "prophet".

The rAt

Smash Ace
What NyaseNya did say about Olimar was that he had a whip-like move with Pikmin as one of his moves. Let's simply wait to the Olimar moves update, in order to confirm or deconfirm this "prophet".
Not too sound too cynical, but a "whip-like move" is pretty vague. Is it a special move? Is it a standard A move? Is it a Smash attack? Is it an arial? Even if that turns out to be right, it would take more than that to convince me. After all, there are a limited number of functions a Pikmin could perform, one which appears "whip-like" could be guessed with a reasonable degree of certainty.

Like I said, that's not to say I'm trying to get in this NyaseNya's grill or make accusatons; I'm just trying to filter out what can be derived from educated guesses. Like I said, it would be far more helpful to see a full reconing of what this individual said, so people can choose for themselves what is a believable test.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Even the Sonic thing doesn't do much to convince me. On GameFAQs, one user made a topic "Sonic is the update tonight" way before it happened (As in before IGN spilled the beans or whatever). He commented afterward that it was just a lucky guess. Nyase could've easily done the same.

"Captain Olimar’s main problems are his size (he only the size of a quarter) and the lack of a possible moveset. However, these two things should only be minor inconveniences for Sakurai’s team. "

Ha, that's a massive own to people that use the size and moveset argument :laugh:

Yatta Dante

Smash Cadet
Since I really don't want to take the time to read through 50+ pages of this thread, I'm just going to post my thoughts on the first posts.

Personally, I would like to see Blaziken or Lucario as a playable character. But, chances are if one of them can be put in the game, it would be Lucario. Like Chrono said, having his own movie boosts his popularity. So, he kinda overshadows Blaziken in that respect.

Megaman (or Megaman X) deserves to be in Brawl. Megaman is a classic that started on Nintendo. Even now Megaman games are still being made. Megaman would be perfect for Brawl.

Those are my thoughts. Can't really think of much else to say.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Might need to edit that Ridley analysis since Olimar was confirmed. If people still questioned whether or not size matters, this is is the hard evidence that it doesn't.

Also, I have my doubts about NyaseNya, but we will just have to see. Seems the Sonic, Olimar, and likely Megaman comments were true, and all of the stuff about another delay is all over the General Brawl Discussion.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Have any "prophets" predicted Olimar, period?

Nyase is the only one I've heard of, and I got word that Nin10doughs roster did not contain Olimar.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Looks like Captain Olimar is a playable character. What is disturbing though is that NyaseNya said that Olimar was a playable character months ago.
In case you didn't noticed, most people were predicting Olimar. He was a pretty obvious one, really, being the latest brainchild of Nintendo's best and brightest, Shigeru Miyamoto himself, plus having 3 mentions on Sakurai's "poll"/journal (which continues to be our most accurate source of playable character predictions).

Now, if Nya turns out to be right about his "Pikmin Whip" attack, then I'll start to be worried a bit. But just predicting him being playable no more makes her an inside info source than it does you, I, or Wiseguy.

Smashchu said:
Question:Has any of the prophets called him Pikmin&Olimar?
Not that I've heard. I think even Nya referred to him as Captain Olimar, based on the comments I saw in her thread about that (never got to see the real post, since Gimpy edited it by the time I found the thread).

Zevox

626key

Smash Journeyman
I wont lie, I thought olimar was up stream without a paddle just because in his games he's smaller than a penny, but in games like this I'm happy to be proven wrong

D

Deleted member

(I'm assuming you used logic for the second two, like everyone else did, not sure how you came up with the first one)
I know the answers because I know of a few unannounced characters and other things in this game for a FACT, but I don't bother posting them here because no one believes you anyway so I keep them to myself. I can tell a few of these "prophets" are either real, or very lucky guessers. People drive the true insiders away by being such pricks about it all, and from the facts I know, NyaseNya seems legit. I like in Redmond and know a few people that have played the game for many hours (not the demo).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, looks like I am going to have to make some changes to some of my analyses (omit the Olimar analysis, change a lot of the Other category, and change a little bit in the Ridley analysis).

I am still hoping for the character selection screen this week, however, I realize that he is going to try and hold off on it as long as possible.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully Ridley will be confirmed soon.That can kill all the prophets.
Tons of people have gotten to play varying builds of the game that included certain characters and not others while it was in production. Not everyone who has played it has seen everything the game has to offer. The REAL insiders don't know everything, we get access to games at different stages in development. Stop acting like a know-it-all.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm. I thought Sigurd was a sticker? (yeah, I'm late)
No, you're thinking of Sothe, who was also recently deconfirmed due to him being an Assist Trophy.

Also, I am probably going to make my new Other analysis in a hour or two.

So far this week has been good as far as updates are concerned. However, I feel that we will be only getting two more characters on the Dojo at most until the roster leak hits. I am also hoping for some more Assist Trophies, because they usually lead to some deconfirmations, however, I feel that we will most likely be getting Assist Trophies that we already know about.

Since, we might not be getting the character selection screen before the roster leak hits, I will probably post my thoughts on what the roster most likely is sometime next week. Really, I am very disappointed that we still have not learned the real character selection screen this late in the game.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Aren't we all?
Nah, I don't mind not knowing. I like surprises. Though, to be fair, I wanted to know a lot less pre-release information about the game before it got delayed the first time (and what's this about another delay? Oh, just give us the **** roster...)

I know the answers because I know of a few unannounced characters and other things in this game for a FACT, but I don't bother posting them here because no one believes you anyway so I keep them to myself. I can tell a few of these "prophets" are either real, or very lucky guessers. People drive the true insiders away by being such pricks about it all, and from the facts I know, NyaseNya seems legit. I like in Redmond and know a few people that have played the game for many hours (not the demo).
While, if you truly DO have insider information, I'm sure it can be very frustrating not being able to share it, I make no appologies for my skepticism. People have been making claims about the next installment of Smash since Melee was released, with varying degrees of accuracy, usually based on dumb luck and the fact that with the sheer number of people making educated guesses, someone was bound to get something right.
The truth is very few predictions are falsafiable. That is, they don't give clear, consistent, cut-and-dry predictions that can be easily and CONSISTENTLY tested. Instead we get a lot of vague claims about character's 'getting in', with no description of in what capacity (AT? PC? Boss? Moveset?) and no answers for the inevitable question of how and why they know what they supposedly know, not to mention why they know one cataclysmic detail, but not another.
While I can't speak for the whole of this forum, it has nothing to do with being a prick, it has to do with expecting people to back up what they say with consistency, with a precision that demonstrates they actually knew what they knew and weren't shooting in the dark (i.e. details about the character that supposedly got in, moveset, ect.), and just taking things I hear with a grain of salt.
And for the reccord, if you can tell me how your friends got ahold of a copy of the game that isn't a demo, and give me a detailed description of what it contained, and how you know that it is legit, then I would be inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Tons of people have gotten to play varying builds of the game that included certain characters and not others while it was in production. Not everyone who has played it has seen everything the game has to offer. The REAL insiders don't know everything, we get access to games at different stages in development. Stop acting like a know-it-all.
How exactly have these people gotten ahold of copies of the game while it was in production? How people know that what they were playing was legit and not hacks of the demos? How do people know that the characters in their particular build of the game are still in the final version of the game? These are all questions I would expect an insider to know the answers to before making claims.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Since, we might not be getting the character selection screen before the roster leak hits, I will probably post my thoughts on what the roster most likely is sometime next week.
Um, haven't you already basically done that? Anyone who looks through your wrap-up commentary on each of the series should be able to figure that out.

ChronoBound said:
Really, I am very disappointed that we still have not learned the real character selection screen this late in the game.
Meh, personally, I don't mind. Brawl being as big-name as it is they're obviously trying to keep a lid on its secrets to keep the anticipation (and thus interest and hype) as high as possible. That works for me, personally.

Zevox

D

Deleted member

While I can't speak for the whole of this forum, it has nothing to do with being a prick, it has to do with expecting people to back up what they say with consistency, with a precision that demonstrates they actually knew what they knew and weren't shooting in the dark (i.e. details about the character that supposedly got in, moveset, ect.), and just taking things I hear with a grain of salt.
The problem is that most people (that I know) got to play it for a few hours at most, and the people that I know who played it had never played Melee or the original. They just work there, it is a job. Not everyone that works there are hardcore gamers that are obsessed like us. The people I know just gave me the info because they knew I wanted it, they haven't posted it online and most of them barely go online. Also, few people who have played want to risk posting online because they will lose their jobs.

And for the reccord, if you can tell me how your friends got ahold of a copy of the game that isn't a demo, and give me a detailed description of what it contained, and how you know that it is legit, then I would be inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.
It was legit because they work at Nintendo. They played the game on the premises only. They have a variety of people working on the English version for translations, editing, testing, etc.

How exactly have these people gotten ahold of copies of the game while it was in production? How people know that what they were playing was legit and not hacks of the demos? How do people know that the characters in their particular build of the game are still in the final version of the game? These are all questions I would expect an insider to know the answers to before making claims.
Like I said, they work at Nintendo. They didn't get a copy for themselves or anything. You play games that you work on... And I can't guarantee that anything they played made it into the final version of the game but all of the characters that I know of were so fully fleshed out it would be odd cutting them for no apparent reason.

626key

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that most people (that I know) got to play it for a few hours at most, and the people that I know who played it had never played Melee or the original. They just work there, it is a job. Not everyone that works there are hardcore gamers that are obsessed like us. The people I know just gave me the info because they knew I wanted it, they haven't posted it online and most of them barely go online. Also, few people who have played want to risk posting online because they will lose their jobs.

It was legit because they work at Nintendo. They played the game on the premises only. They have a variety of people working on the English version for translations, editing, testing, etc.

Like I said, they work at Nintendo. They didn't get a copy for themselves or anything. You play games that you work on... And I can't guarantee that anything they played made it into the final version of the game but all of the characters that I know of were so fully fleshed out it would be odd cutting them for no apparent reason.
can you tell us a fighter?

D

Deleted member

can you tell us a fighter?
I've been told Captain Falcon returns, Ness returns, and R.O.B. the robot is a fully playable character. Take it or leave it, no harassment please.

And yes, I find Ness hard to believe too, and they aren't hardcore gamers (as I said) so I'm wondering if Lucas has a Ness costume that threw them off.

The other two I believe...I don't know how you could confuse R.O.B. the robot and I think all of us knew Falcon was returning.

I've heard others but those are the only ones they tell me they know for sure.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Don't press him for information. He knows stuff, because he's lucky enough to know a guy. In two weeks everything will be known, and perhaps then he could tell us what he was lucky enough to know beforehand.

... Although, him telling me Isaac is playable would make me a very happy man.

EDIT: Or not.

D

Deleted member

... Although, him telling me Isaac is playable would make me a very happy man.
I know nothing about whether he is in or out, no one has mentioned him. I'm fine with giving people info when they're respectful, but I wasn't going to post some prophet thread and have everyone **** all over me. It would probably have been locked in minutes anyway. I don't even know THAT much but I do know some things. Like I said, they only played the game for a few hours total and it wasn't the final build, I just mean it was a full game build at that point in time that included much more than the demo.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Not to induce Chronobound's ire, but if any character has the potential to be a prophet slayer, it's Micaiah, or another FE character not Marth/Roy. Any prophet that claimed the entire roster has yet to bring any FE character that wasn't in Melee.

We're not necessarily getting a third FE rep, I don't see why people think that it's a shoe-in. FE's been pretty successful lately, but Kirby has three reps and it is at LEAST twice as successful.

Zevox

Smash Lord
We're not necessarily getting a third FE rep, I don't see why people think that it's a shoe-in. FE's been pretty successful lately, but Kirby has three reps and it is at LEAST twice as successful.
Kirby also only has three really viable choices for PCs, though. Beyond the ones we've got the characters just start to get too minor to be taken seriously as viable PCs in a game like Brawl. Its much like how everyone discards Daisy and Waluigi from the Mario series as possibilities.

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kirby also only has three really viable choices for PCs, though. Beyond the ones we've got the characters just start to get too minor to be taken seriously as viable PCs in a game like Brawl. Its much like how everyone discards Daisy and Waluigi from the Mario series as possibilities.

Zevox
Dark Matter has been the final boss in half the kirby games

I would venture to say that if there were some more choices for characters, Rick could definitely make it in.

I mean, looking at the possibilities...

Rick
Gooey (was on Sakurai's Melee poll)
Nightmare

Zevox

Smash Lord
Dark Matter has been the final boss in half the kirby games
Dark Matter is also an amorphous black cloud with a giant eye at the center. I don't know about you, but trying to make him playable seems a lot like trying to make Andross playable to me. Might be appropriate if it were possible, but its just not really viable.

A Link to the Snitch said:
I would venture to say that if there were some more choices for characters, Rick could definitely make it in.

I mean, looking at the possibilities...

Rick
Gooey (was on Sakurai's Melee poll)
Nightmare
Rick and Gooey were the type of things I was referring to with the Daisy/Waluigi comparison. Neat supporting cast from a few games with some fans, but not really big enough to the series as a whole to be made playable in a game like Brawl. Nightmare is a one-game (+ remake) villain, which doesn't make him sound particularly feasible to me given the size of the Kirby series.

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dark Matter is also an amorphous black cloud with a giant eye at the center. I don't know about you, but trying to make him playable seems a lot like trying to make Andross playable to me. Might be appropriate if it were possible, but its just not really viable.

Rick and Gooey were the type of things I was referring to with the Daisy/Waluigi comparison. Neat supporting cast from a few games with some fans, but not really big enough to the series as a whole to be made playable in a game like Brawl. Nightmare is a one-game (+ remake) villain, which doesn't make him sound particularly feasible to me given the size of the Kirby series.

Zevox

1. Gooey IS a playable, and was a star in Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3, while Rick is a helper in those same games, as well as a cameo in 64. And on top of that, Rick is a recurring anime character.

2. And Nightmare is also the main villain of the anime, as well as pretty much BEING Dark Matter (on top of that, Dark Mind has a form very similar to Nightmare).

Zevox

Smash Lord
1. Gooey IS a playable, and was a star in Kirby's Dream Land 2 and 3, while Rick is a helper in those same games, as well as a cameo in 64. And on top of that, Rick is a recurring anime character.
I know Gooey was playable in a couple of games, and that Rick is a helper in those games. Thats just it though - they're only in a couple of games in a fairly large series (yeah its no Mario, but 20 games is nothing to sneeze at - its more than Zelda even). Compared to Meta Knight and Dedede, they're just not that big. And I really don't think the anime even factors in. The only saga I see the anime from affecting is Pokèmon, and only because its where most of the popularity of individual Pokèmon comes from, since nearly all of them have about equal roles in the games.

A Link to the Snitch said:
2. And Nightmare is also the main villain of the anime, as well as pretty much BEING Dark Matter (on top of that, Dark Mind has a form very similar to Nightmare).
Same anime comment, wasn't aware of the Dark Matter thing. Thats not just an anime thing, is it?

Zevox

Top Bottom