• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Ashley was a popular character from a minor saga with a sizeable fanbase and a potentially good moveset. She had a high chance, which is why she is in brawl. Even if it's just a cameo, stage and song.
Sakurais poll makes an entrance.Also Im talking about PC.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Ashley was a popular character from a minor saga with a sizeable fanbase and a potentially good moveset. She had a high chance, which is why she is in brawl. Even if it's just a cameo, stage and song.
Funny, considering this "popular character" with a "sizeable fanbase" wasn't even on anyone's radar until her music update. If she were really so popular, her fans wouldn't have only crept out of the woodwork then, she'd have been a constant suggestion like Captain Olimar or Isaac - even Daisy and Waluigi were more debated on than her before that update. She also didn't even get one mention in Sakurai's journal/poll, and unlike some characters (Micaiah, Midna, etc) she doesn't have the excuse that her game wasn't out at the time.

Yeah, sounds to me like she just has some deluded fans who blew her completely out of proportion, just like the Black Knight or Skull Kid.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I am going to be removing my analyses for Ashley, Jimmy T., and 9-Volt in a hour or two due to tehir deconfirmations.

Also, vesperview, did you finish my signature yet?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I just find it hilarious how the same thing caused two different results.

Ridley music updated: OMG Ridley music! Ridley can't be in nows!!!1

Ashley music updated: OMG Ashley musix! She must be teh playables!!!1

:confused:

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

Also the fact the Ashley topic was a month after the music update meant something, or was it earlier.

Zevox

Smash Lord

I suspect that had more to do with the fact that the Ridley music was referred to as "Boss Battle" music, thus leading many to assume it meant Ridley was just a boss in Brawl. A foolish assumption based on poor reasoning, true, but at least its an explanation.

Zevox

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I suspect that had more to do with the fact that the Ridley music was referred to as "Boss Battle" music, thus leading many to assume it meant Ridley was just a boss in Brawl. A foolish assumption based on poor reasoning, true, but at least its an explanation.

Zevox
Exactly what he said :)
And think, Ridley got 4 mentions, and Ashley....had what again?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Still, those two words weren't even in the same sentence. It was...

*checks Dojo*

Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)

It's a mention to thr music that is played when Ridley is fought, nothing to do with the character himself.

Similarly, Ashley's theme played when her games were being played, nothing to do with the character herself.

Ridiculous conclusions either way.

Boofer

Smash Ace
ChronoBound, have you made any adjustments to your "prophet based" predictions (the list that takes into account NyaseNya's claim of 35 characters)? With icon 23 confirmed as Pikimin, it means we will most likely see at least one character from an unrevealed newcoming franchise.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ChronoBound, have you made any adjustments to your "prophet based" predictions (the list that takes into account NyaseNya's claim of 35 characters)? With icon 23 confirmed as Pikimin, it means we will most likely see at least one character from an unrevealed newcoming franchise.
"Prophet" talk no longer matters in my opinion. We will be learning the roster next week. Only this week (and maybe a little of next week) will we have to endure more false "prophets", liberation is upon us, and so is an upcoming massive flame war, due to the contents (or lack of) of the roster....

ShadowXOR said that Ness, Marth, Captain Falco, and R.O.B. are playable characters. I believe hi, however, since they have not been officially confirmed, I cannot mark these characters as being confirmed in my analysis.

NyaseNya could easily be deconfirmed, if only Sakurai decided to show us the real character selection screen.

I know that you, Boofer, hold no qualm with a 35 character roster. However, most Smash fans see 40 characters as being the minimum for the roster. I see there being at least eight veterans in Brawl that have not been unveiled yet. So we could have only four more newcomers that are unknown if 35 characters is really our roster number.

However, what I am really surprised about is that there has been no leak yet with Brawl. There was a leak withg Melee, Galaxy, and Twilight Princess, earlier than where we are with Brawl. Why has everything been under lock-and-key with Brawl regarding the roster number. Wouldn't a large number of characters only prove to hype us even more? It is this paradox that has made me feel anxiety toward what the real roster must be.

Moreover, I actually so someone refer to that proven false 50+ 2ch roster as being a demon roster. If such words were being thrown at a roster that had properly represented every series, I shudder at the though at the verbal volleys that we be thrown when the actual roster leak hits. Most Japanese releases hit the Hong Kong marketplace at least two days before the official Japanese release. So we are looking at our first real leaks occuring in a little over a week at the latest.

I created this topic as a compass, a guide of sorts, into the insight of what our roster might and could be. However, the timing was cursed, I finally posted my topic admists a character drought. Much of what I orginally wrote, did not change since I initally wrote this topic. However, I am happy that I was able to put analytical and intellectual prowess to use for the Smash community. It was fun speculating the roster, and I will be spending the rest of this week contemplating what our roster could be and what I hope it to be. However, will the days of hope and dreaming be replaced by the onslaught of the days of bickering, bitterness, denial, and disappointment? Time is a mistress that has proven herself to be fickle and unpredictable, this week will prove herself to be particularly long and difficult. I fully expect the ante to be upped by the "prophet", false and doctored screenshots that will fool many a gullible Smash fan will surely be posted. The tempest's lines are being drawn, and the reins of fate have upended its masters. An old war is in twilight, and a new one is about to dawn. Will we stand about a week from today?

Zevox

Smash Lord
NyaseNya could easily be deconfirmed, if only Sakurai decided to show us the real character selection screen.
I'm more interested in her being deconfirmed by there being no delay in the North American version of Brawl. At this point, thats the most worrisome of her claims to me. The character-related ones are bad too, to be sure, but at this point I've all but resigned myself to a roster in the mid-30s of characters anyway, and to no longer expecting any of my favorites except Marth to make it, so as long as he does, I'll be content. I figure at least this way I can't be disappointed by the roster unless its ridiculously terrible.

Nice use of metaphors in that last paragraph by the way.

Zevox

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
*Epic speech too awesome to be quoted*

Will we stand about a week from today?
Sadly no..:(
I see many people complaining about every leak, and when the real one arises, there will be n00bs, outraged by the stupidest of things, spamming and flaming like hell..

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
*Epic speech too awesome to be quoted*

Will we stand about a week from today?
I'll be long gone by then, avoiding any such leaks due to the fact Nintendo hates the PAL regions.

As for roster opinions, as long as I have Isaac, I'm set.

Perhaps you could see me a PM with a simple "Yes" or "No", depending on whether the roster fulfilled your expectations or no?

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
interesting I agree with many of the characters on the list, but I highly doubt Geno will be in. I think Sora from Kingdom Hearts has a better chance then Geno as a Square-Enix representative since he stared in a game. Don't get me wrong though I'm not even sure Sora will even get in, at best I give that character a 27% possibility of getting in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
interesting I agree with many of the characters on the list, but I highly doubt Geno will be in. I think Sora from Kingdom Hearts has a better chance then Geno as a Square-Enix representative since he stared in a game. Don't get me wrong though I'm not even sure Sora will even get in, at best I give that character a 27% possibility of getting in.
Geno has 5 mentions in Sakurai's journal and we know for a fact Sakurai asked around about the character...

Sora has **** going for him and is owned by Disney

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'll be long gone by then, avoiding any such leaks due to the fact Nintendo hates the PAL regions.

As for roster opinions, as long as I have Isaac, I'm set.

Perhaps you could see me a PM with a simple "Yes" or "No", depending on whether the roster fulfilled your expectations or no?
Sure.

As for today's update, looks like he is taking a page from Kirby Air Ride. Well, I see that Birdo has been confirmed to be a trophy.

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
Geno has 5 mentions in Sakurai's journal and we know for a fact Sakurai asked around about the character...

Sora has **** going for him and is owned by Disney
True Geno has got a lot of mention, but I'm looking at it from the business perspective, and Square and Nintendo aren't on the best of terms as of late so I don't see any possible chance for a Square-Enix character being in Brawl especially Sora, but if the rumors I've heard of bothh companies actually getting on better terms now Square would most likely let Nintendo use a Final Fantasy Character from Final Fantasy 1-6. Also remember the Final Fantasy series Is far more popular in Japan then it is in the U.S. and Sakrai did say that Brawl was a "fans game", and he also requested Japanese fan base in which character they want.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True Geno has got a lot of mention, but I'm looking at it from the business perspective, and Square and Nintendo aren't on the best of terms as of late so I don't see any possible chance for a Square-Enix character being in Brawl especially Sora, but if the rumors I've heard of bothh companies actually getting on better terms now Square would most likely let Nintendo use a Final Fantasy Character from Final Fantasy 1-6. Also remember the Final Fantasy series Is far more popular in Japan then it is in the U.S. and Sakrai did say that Brawl was a "fans game", and he also requested Japanese fan base in which character they want.
Geno is a Mario character and will get in as a Mario character...

Square isn't getting a true rep

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
Geno is a Mario character and will get in as a Mario character...

Square isn't getting a true rep
Then why when Geno appeared in Mario & Liugi: Super Star Sage credit for Geno went to Square-Enix? but I'm getting off topic all I'm just saying is for people not to get their hopes up for this character, or else you'll be setting your self up for a fall. Like me I'm a big Megaman fan I've been playing the series since game one and as much as I want him for Brawl. It's becoming more unlikely since I'm sure Sakurai my have announced most of the third parties by now to bring in more hype for the game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then why when Geno appeared in Mario & Liugi: Super Star Sage credit for Geno went to Square-Enix? but I'm getting off topic all I'm just saying is for people not to get their hopes up for this character, or else you'll be setting your self up for a fall. Like me I'm a big Megaman fan I've been playing the series since game one and as much as I want him for Brawl. It's becoming more unlikely since I'm sure Sakurai my have announced most of the third parties by now to bring in more hype for the game.
He's still a Mario character regardless and will still get in as a Mario character...Yeah, they had to credit Square, but in the example of Mario & Luigi...that's ALL they had to do

Black/Light

Smash Master
Lets stfu about Geno right now OK? Geno fanboyness is the cause of alot of people not caring if the thing gets in or not. (Same for Ridley. . )

We are like a WEEKKKK away from knowing the whole dam8 roster! Theres nothing you can say that will make Geno seem any more or less likely to be a pc at this point so just chill!

Nightwonder

Smash Cadet
He's still a Mario character regardless and will still get in as a Mario character...Yeah, they had to credit Square, but in the example of Mario & Luigi...that's ALL they had to do
Well all legal stuff aside Geno would seem like a interesting character for Brawl a definitely WTF? character to many people who are not familiar to the Super Mario RPG, but I still think it's highly unlikely he'll be in.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I created this topic as a compass, a guide of sorts, into the insight of what our roster might and could be. However, the timing was cursed, I finally posted my topic admists a character drought. Much of what I orginally wrote, did not change since I initally wrote this topic. However, I am happy that I was able to put analytical and intellectual prowess to use for the Smash community. It was fun speculating the roster, and I will be spending the rest of this week contemplating what our roster could be and what I hope it to be. However, will the days of hope and dreaming be replaced by the onslaught of the days of bickering, bitterness, denial, and disappointment? Time is a mistress that has proven herself to be fickle and unpredictable, this week will prove herself to be particularly long and difficult. I fully expect the ante to be upped by the "prophet", false and doctored screenshots that will fool many a gullible Smash fan will surely be posted. The tempest's lines are being drawn, and the reins of fate have upended its masters. An old war is in twilight, and a new one is about to dawn. Will we stand about a week from today?
It is the deep breath before the plunge.

Lets stfu about Geno right now OK? Geno fanboyness is the cause of alot of people not caring if the thing gets in or not. (Same for Ridley. . )
Agreed. At this point, there are characters I don't want in just by virtue of the fact that I'm sick of to death of hearing about them. Krystal, I'm looking at you.

2-bit E.T. For WTF Character!
Sieg, there are days I wonder about you. Most of them, actually. :p

EDIT: I thought I had more to say, but it turns out I'm fairly appathetic at the moment.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I just editted out the analyses for Jimmy T., Ashley, and 9-Volt. I really can't wait until next week. I just wish that he would show us the real character selection screen, that way if there is only 35 characters in Brawl, I can abandon hope on the characters I want making it. However, it is looking to be that we will either not receive the character selection screen until this Friday, or not until the entire roster is leaked.

Since it is likely that someone will have the game in their hands on Tuesday in Hong Kong, we can look foward to our first roster leaks happening a week from today. Also, later this week, Famitsu should have their review for Brawl, and maybe that review can give us some insight onto the contents of the game.

Also, vesperview, did my new sig get finished yet?

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
@rAT: Krystal waves hi :p
Seriously, let's just stop already with that(I hate hearing negative things about Krystal, Geno and/or Ridley:/)
I've been waving at her, too, just not with all of my fingers. :p
I agree though. No need for a character bash-fest. Unless we're talking 3rd parties.

What? How did he get banned?
I think that may be a custom title. Usually if someone is legitimately banned it says "Banned (6 points)". Gimpyfish's title says "Banned (62 points)" for example. I dunno, I suppose it could be legit, though.

Top Bottom