• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
you'll see for yourselves in time. If you refuse to believe me.
Nya posted that in the bottom of the second page on her "Brawl playtest" thread. It is seemingly becoming, at least somewhat true. We can deny her all we like, but she could very well be right. To the roster Chrono posted, I'd be able to live with it because of Marth and Lucario.

Smash Ace
I can't live with it because it has Geno and does not have Dr. Mario.
Oh, and Ike should totally replace Marth by any means necessary.

just my 2 bits.

=2007=

XACE-K

Smash Master

just my 2 bits.

=2007=
First off, Dr.Mario is a clone and most likely going to get rid of. Second, Ike is strong and slow. Marth is quick and not really weak and did more to the history of Fire Emblem than Ike. Marth is going to come back. DEAL WITH IT.

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice

just my 2 bits.

=2007=
I like the fact that genos in but can somewon post her roster i can't find it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I like the fact that genos in but can somewon post her roster i can't find it.
She never gave a complete roster, and never said anything about Geno (even the roster Chronobound came up with by combining her claims with other somewhat-credible rumors didn't include him, so I don't know where you thought he came into this). Look a few posts back and you'll find a summary I made of everything she ever leaked with links to the posts where they can be found.

Zevox

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Nya did not predict a second delay back before Sonic was revealed - the only thing she said before then was that Sonic would be revealed that Wednesday, and that his update had been moved back from its originally intended date near the release for some reason. Her delay post was actually the last we heard of her, back in early December.

Zevox
Correct. I didn't look deeply enough while typing that up, obviously. But it's still within the timeframe I postulated. This delay seems very last-minute and unexpected, so even knowing about it in December seems like a stretch.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Correct. I didn't look deeply enough while typing that up, obviously. But it's still within the timeframe I postulated. This delay seems very last-minute and unexpected, so even knowing about it in December seems like a stretch.
Perhaps so, but then again we also aren't privy to the exact reasoning behind the delay. It could very well be our perception of it as last-minute is erroneous. We simply do not know.

Regardless though, at this point, I'm inclined to believe Nya is the real deal. Perhaps the only leaker who is the real deal. Shes now at 3 correct claims (4 if we count Olimar and his special move as two) and none proven false, and she made all those claims over a month ago (some several months ago), so theres been plenty of time for evidence to accumulate. Shes our only leaker who has become consistently more credible as time goes on, and never less. I really don't want to believe her - 35 characters, no Mega Man, and Toon Link are all utterly horrible news from my perspective - but at this point I can no longer see any reason not to.

Zevox

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
New trophies

It disconfirmes WWLink and Ouendan. It also doesn't boads well for Krystal, but it can't go one way or another.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
New trophies

It disconfirmes WWLink and Ouendan. It also doesn't boads well for Krystal, but it can't go one way or another.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
New trophies

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
NyaseNya made the post about there being 35 characters in Brawl in mid-November. I am hoping that Sakurai relaized that 35 characters was too low a number to please his fans, so he either included an extra character or two or made a handful of clones as a result of the delay. Either way the knowledge of the contents of the roster are only two weeks away. This is Sakurai's last gasp on keeping the roster and its contents hidden from us, he is only delaying the inevitable. If it is disappointing, there WILL be a backlash.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I had the scan already, stupid combined slowness of both the SWF server and my computer. >_>

Anyway, it's still great news.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
New trophies

Erm, trophies deconfirm?

All the characters in-game are trophies/action figures according to the game's story...

The whole "npc appearance means deconfirmation" rule is BS anyway (assist trophies excluded since they have been confirmed to be deconfirmations), but a trophy appearance INCREASES the chances because all the playable characters had trophies, multiple trophies in fact.

The only thing that the other npc appearances have to suggest that a character who has an npc appearance will not be playable is precedent, it hasn't happened before. Trophies don't even have that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the sticker deconfirms Krystal, it also deconfirms Bowser Jr...

He was also seen in the "movie-Commercial" thingy as a sticker

also...

I wanted my Twilight Sheik...****it

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Today's update is Sheik. I quite like Sheik's new design. Well, that's another character that I can take down from my analysis topic. However, I am starting my next semester today, so I won't be able to make a new analysis until probably tomorrow night (I expect there to be a lot of traffic on the site later today).

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. Isn't Sigurd sorta a Marth alternate color like thingy=??? Eliwood definitely has better chances, with a much newer game.

2. Don't mean to be nudging at something stupid, but you still have Sheik as a unconfirmed. Ya, I'm nitpicking, lol! XD

And that nintendrong thing, INTRESTTTTTING! Seriously though, Miis > Animal Crosser. Miis = PWNAGE! :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just find it weird....and it kinda makes sense...I mean think about it, Jigglypuff would be the next Veteran, and it makes sense because the JP release is almost here, and Jiggs is always the 1st hidden character to be unlocked..Ehh...W/E, we'll know the roster soon enough.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
RoxasXIII also admitted fakery. That acount was an alt of the user MetalIceWolf. Even she said she was sick of seeing her fake roster get so out of hand, and that she didn't expect her joke topic would be believed by so many.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Some thoughts;

In response to your query, Chronobound, a perfect score from Famitsu is exceedingly rare. According to Wikipedia, it has only issued seven perfect scores ever, the first of which being Zelda: OoT. However, I'm not certain of the reliability of Wikipedia's list, as I could have sworn they gave GoldenEye a perfect. In any case, it's a very VERY good sign.

Regarding the Toon-Link/Krystal trophy/sticker, as much as I would love for them to deconfirm them as playable characters, they honestly don't.
First of all, we've already been shown a sticker of Twilight Princess Link, and he's obviously a playable character, so I don't think we can rule her out just yet.
Likewise, my immediate instinct was that the Toon Link trophy doesn't disprove him as a playable character, since it isn't his usual fighting garb, but his islander clothes. But after some thought, it occured to me; unless Toon Link fights in Brawl in his islander clothes (either standard, or as an alternate costume), that is exceedingly unlikely that is a Playable Character Trophy. That leaves us with two possibilities; either Sakurai has included an extraneous fourth trophy (in addition to the four you earn for the character) or this trophy is his only inclusion.
However, upon even further thought, I noticed that his trophy seems more posed (like the PC trophies), rather than candid (like the NPC trophies), and an entirely different idea occured to me; is it possible that in an effort to please the Toon-Link fans, while at the same time keeping a visual distinction between the two Links, Sakurai included Toon-Link as a playable character, but solely in his islander garb?
I suppose all of that was a demonstration of how many different directions this information could take us. A translation of the text would probably shed some light, though.

Anyhow, between the delay and now Sheik's confirmation, this is just not my week. I'm having Twilight Princess flashbacks all over again...

I'd venture to say that WW Link's trophy improves his chances - there's no way we're not going to see a standard green tunic version of Link.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd venture to say that WW Link's trophy improves his chances - there's no way we're not going to see a standard green tunic version of Link.
We've seen Tom Nook in 3 different outfits now...

I think his chances are **** high by that logic...

We've seen Tom Nook in 3 different outfits now...

I think his chances are **** high by that logic...
Not really. See, this COULD be Tom Nook's main and only trophy. His suit is a primary design - not THE primary design, but one of them. However, PJs Link could never be described as a primary design or an alternate to Tunic Link. The odds of it being the clothing for his trophy are much weaker than the odds of suited Tom Nook being the only trophy.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
You know how Peach can pull up random **** once in a while?
Well I know their not an Item, but what if Peach pulled out a Pikmin? haha.

And this is a quote from my friend,

"Due to Ridley's addition to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the game will be delayed another 2 weeks because he is so freakishly buff. Sorry for the inconvenience."

P.S. " "Because Ridley is in this game, it will now be rated M, for panzee little nubtroids might die just from gazing upon his awesomeness."

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
You know how Peach can pull up random **** once in a while?
Well I know their not an Item, but what if Peach pulled out a Pikmin? haha.

And this is a quote from my friend Daffron,

"Due to Ridley's addition to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the game will be delayed another 2 weeks because he is so freakishly buff. Sorry for the inconvenience."

P.S. " "Because Ridley is in this game, it will now be rated M, for panzee little nubtroids might die just from gazing upon his awesomeness."

Top Bottom