• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like we got Olimar's Final Smash today. Brawl is now only two weeks away from its Japanese release. So in other words, we are right back where we were a week ago in terms of waiting for the roster. I am going to make a new Zelda analysis once the traffic on this site slows down later tonight.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Yep. We have caught up where we left off. We should have had the roster in a day or two, but I guess this will be alright. Just another week or so. Hopefully, the list will do justice to such a potentially great game.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Basicly we got deconfromations of 2 that stood somewhat of a chance, chibi robo and baby mario
P.S. I just noticed this, Dedede's hammer is out in this video, but in an earlyer comershal his hammer isn't seen

Boofer

Smash Ace
These trophies and stickers disconfirm characters about as much as ganondorf's trophy disconfirmed him before the melee was released.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I editted out Sheik's analysis, and also made a new analysis for the entire Zelda series. I wonder what will be tomorrow's update on the Dojo. I am personally hoping for the character selection screen. Really, the only likely starter left would be Captain Falcon, so it would not mean spoiling any characters that are not known to us yet.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Unlikely I think, but maybe next week?

Here's something I noticed:

"I do expect at least Baby Mario to show in the form of a regular trophy, which he did in Melee."

5:30 minute video shows us a Baby Mario trophy along with some others.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
(Oh man, Smashboards is working)
Erm, trophies deconfirm?

All the characters in-game are trophies/action figures according to the game's story...

The whole "npc appearance means deconfirmation" rule is BS anyway (assist trophies excluded since they have been confirmed to be deconfirmations), but a trophy appearance INCREASES the chances because all the playable characters had trophies, multiple trophies in fact.

The only thing that the other npc appearances have to suggest that a character who has an npc appearance will not be playable is precedent, it hasn't happened before. Trophies don't even have that.
First, Sakurai would never leak a character like that. He'd show off the character before the trophy (this is also why I say it hurts Krystal's chances). Also, any character who had a trophy was the Brawl model for the character, and also the art work for that character.

My guess on this trophy is that this trophy is meant to represent WW Link. Remember though, that it was "Cat Eye Link" in the poll so the name doesn't mean anything. This is probably the generic trophy given to the character. Also, it's a mock off of Link. Just like Racoon Mario is a knock off of Mario.

But trophies never increase a character's chance. It always lowers it. You can always say "Oh, there may be multiple trophies for that character" but it is more or less there is one trophy. The exception has so far been only Mario and Luigi. The trophy, "Regular Clothes Link", seems to be a generic WW trophy. It's presents is for representing WW. We'll have to translate it, but it may just recount the game. If that is the case, the character is 100% deconfirmed unless the played character is "Regular Clothes Link" but that seems unlikely.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Humm, I guess Im the only one who doesn't see WW Link as a "new comer".

I mean. . . it's just Y Link in a new style and likely some what luigified. It's like calling Ganon a new comer cause he would be in TP style and de-cloned. Theres not going to be a OoT clone Ganon and TP Ganon. . .much like theres not going to be a OoT Clone Y Link and a WW Y Link. No matter how he looks when he comes back Y Link would still be a vet (if he comes back).

And Sheik makes me wonder. . . if Y Link comes back would he be TP styled? I mean, it's not like it would be the first time they took Y Link from the game that the other LoZ chars are based off of over the one he starred in. Melee had OoT modeled Y Link. And if they had a Sheik model made by TP's team when TP was being made than whos to say the same can't happen here? I mean, we have yet to have any 2 characters from the same series come in 2 completely different styles.

But, w/e. Im going back to the rumor thread before I get flamed by WW Link supports. These are just lil random things that come across my mind. . . either way I don't see WW Link as a new comer but more as a vet.
Peace.:p

DQP

Smash Ace
hey, dude respect geno. he is totally awesome. he'd be a welcome addition to brawl. plus it might convince nintendo to put super mario rpg on vc

raul

Smash Lord
You know, I've always respected this thread a little more that some of the other predictions threads, particulary in the analysis section. It's organization is well constructed and the logic used isn't anything strange or far out. Chronobound, you have made an excellent thread. I think my only gripes are the number of possible characters for Fire Emblem and the Legend of Zelda. I am a fan of both series, but I just think that perhaps you could remove some, because even though they have a shot, I don't think so do over others. Example: Marth and Roy are clearly over Hector because they already have the designs for him. I think that since many character are prioritized before Hector, his chances are so slim he really doesnt warrant too much consideration. Any how, I also enjoy this thread because there are no strange rules that people seem to bide by. I remember when "Sakurai's Rules" were as famous and the "Joba Rules" but not such rule set ever existed. Keep up the good work Chronobound.

626key

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've always respected this thread a little more that some of the other predictions threads, particulary in the analysis section. It's organization is well constructed and the logic used isn't anything strange or far out. Chronobound, you have made an excellent thread. I think my only gripes are the number of possible characters for Fire Emblem and the Legend of Zelda. I am a fan of both series, but I just think that perhaps you could remove some, because even though they have a shot, I don't think so do over others. Example: Marth and Roy are clearly over Hector because they already have the designs for him. I think that since many character are prioritized before Hector, his chances are so slim he really doesnt warrant too much consideration. Any how, I also enjoy this thread because there are no strange rules that people seem to bide by. I remember when "Sakurai's Rules" were as famous and the "Joba Rules" but not such rule set ever existed. Keep up the good work Chronobound.
True, but swords man usualy have simaler stiles of fighting, while I think they've done a good job of keeping link and ike different, it would be a compleatly new expereince for you to fight with an ax

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Hey, Chronobound. Will this change any of your characters for "Sticker" spots? I was wondering if you would be changing your analysis because of this.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Very nice update today. Stickers are more useful then anyone anticipated.

Interesting that Andy has his AW2 art...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am glad that you have enjoyed this topic. I will continue to update my analyses as more confirmations and deconfirmations come along.

Also, I noticed that there were stickers of the following characters in the update:

Mona
Andy
Animal Crosser

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I am glad that you have enjoyed this topic. I will continue to update my analyses as more confirmations and deconfirmations come along.

Also, I noticed that there were stickers of the following characters in the update:

Mona
Andy
Animal Crosser
Also:
Andy from Advance Wars
Deku Link(Mask Link?)
Kat...or Ana? Well, one of em, from Wario Ware
Toadsworth
Dodongo from LoZ?
I'm not sure....but an F-Zero Racer?
Koopa from Strikers
A Fire Emblem char?
Leon Powalski from Starfox

A sticker never deconfirms, but it can add even the slightest hint that the character may be playable by the fact that Sakurai acknowledges that they exist.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Humm, I guess Im the only one who doesn't see WW Link as a "new comer".
No, I agree. If he was in the game, he would probably be called Young Link and be considered a veteran. But not necessarily.
I mean, it's not like it would be the first time they took Y Link from the game that the other LoZ chars are based off of over the one he starred in. Melee had OoT modeled Y Link.
Ummmm... the Young Link found in Melee originated in OoT. Remember, you start the game in the Kokiri village as young Link?

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
No, I agree. If he was in the game, he would probably be called Young Link and be considered a veteran. But not necessarily.
Ummmm... the Young Link found in Melee originated in OoT. Remember, you start the game in the Kokiri village as young Link?
and also the whole of majoras mask pretty much....*except for the mask transformations*

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I'm getting a strange feeling that there is an animal crossing rep...

That's Katrina... and..

And a default AC character... I think Wild World?

Is this a hint of reps...?
Olimar had an enemy sticker and he was confirmed..
Why not an AC rep?

Thoughts?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
yeah but olimar was predicted to be in even before the appearance of the trophy. Peopple just jumped on the ac band wagon once they saw the stage and item. People seem to think that just cause there is a stage theres gonna be a character too. And yet everyone is saying that theres gonna be no rep for pictochat, even though it has its own stage. So the point is i think that there are so many stickers, that it doesnt matter who shows up cause there will probably be one for character or game, and the stickers dont confirm anything.

raul

Smash Lord
True, but swords man usualy have simaler stiles of fighting, while I think they've done a good job of keeping link and ike different, it would be a compleatly new expereince for you to fight with an ax
Oh I agree with you. I actually support Hector alot, but realistically, I don't think they're going to but him in over Marth or Roy, unless they want brand new representation for FE.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I do think marth will get in over hector, but I haven't played FE, so I really don't have an argument

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm getting a strange feeling that there is an animal crossing rep...

Thoughts?
I believe that feeling is called 'common sense.' :p
Seriously, though I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get an AC rep of some kind. C'mon folks, it's a popular, Nintendo-owned series that doesn't already have a PC. Why wouldn't we get an AC rep? (those of you who make the moveset possibilities arguement, Captain Falcon says "Hello." He also says "Show me your moves." He's chatty guy. :p)

raul

Smash Lord
Seriously, though I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't get an AC rep of some kind. C'mon folks, it's a popular, Nintendo-owned series that doesn't already have a PC. Why wouldn't we get an AC rep? (those of you who make the moveset possibilities arguement, Captain Falcon says "Hello." He also says "Show me your moves." He's chatty guy. :p)
hahahah thats funny. I'm unsure of an AC rep, but I suppose its possibly. I mean they have the music and the stage all they need is a character.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
The sheer quantity of Animal Crossing stickers should absolutely indicate that the items, stages, emblems and ATs really must mean what they should/could/would/will mean.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
Quick question for those with a better eye than mine (i.e. almost all of you) : In the last screenshot, where Kirby falls from the 'bove Icarus style, we see several stickers that drift synonymously into this dank pit - The most southern one, easily identified as bright pink, could that be the Ultimate Chimera of Mother 3 (or New Pork City stage, whatever)? It's form and colour match this pretty well... Of course, since we already have Brawl-Participation Confirmation, it's not very revelatory.. But still, query nonetheless.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
WEll, AC doesn't lend it's self to a fighter well. I guess we'll see. There is still time for more characters, and characters there will be.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
I rekn there could be an animal crossing character, and when you unlock him you get to customise him like in the options menu or something

by customise i mean the way he looks, cos that would settle what the character should look like.

im still very unsure on movesets though

I'm proud to say that I predicted an Animal Crosser before the stage, based on the sheer popularity of Wild World.

And IsmaR, the reason they edited is because the concept of an ACer on a balloon is not how it would be - balloons carry items in AC.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the AC discussion; Every character in the past SSBs always represented his/her own stage (obviously :p). If an AC character doesn't make an appearance in SSBB, this would be the first time a character didn't represented his own stage, or am I wrong?

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Fire Emblem will not be represented by 3 sword users. I just wanted to point that out.

If it is, then I'll throw Sakurai off a building WITHOUT yelling "You must recover!".

Top Bottom