• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I was reading 2ch about Whobby2008, and according to one of the people there....... RIDLEY IS AN ASSIST TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely terrible, how could Sakurai do this? :(

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I was reading 2ch about Whobby2008, and according to one of the people there....... RIDLEY IS AN ASSIST TROPHY!!!!!!!!!!

This is absolutely terrible, how could Sakurai do this? :(
Apparently, there are rumors going around Japan that Brawl is going to have another delay, even this late in the game.

Source: http://wii-ds.com/article/78058425.html

Ugh, the first delay was to perfect the game, why would you need another Sakurai?
1) Commercials in Japan=no delay

2) O.O Its the apocolypse!!!!!!!!! Everyone to the bunker!

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
Aw crap. Looks like this dream may be dead, unless it ends up being another "Twilight change" situation.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Its in Japanese,can you translate it?
...didn't he already do that when he said "Ridley is an assist trophy"?

Anyway, even though I'm no Ridley fan, that would suck for two reasons. One, Metroid now is stuck with just Samus as its rep, again. Two, further evidence to back up Nya... we seem to be getting far too much of that these days, which worries me immensely...

Zevox

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
...didn't he already do that when he said "Ridley is an assist trophy"?

Anyway, even though I'm no Ridley fan, that would suck for two reasons. One, Metroid now is stuck with just Samus as its rep, again. Two, further evidence to back up Nya... we seem to be getting far too much of that these days, which worries me immensely...

Zevox
Sorry bout that.

Also, this might hurt other character chances with high votes. I'm not a Ridley fan either, but this isn't good.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
According to the Japanese Websites thread in the General Brawl discussion, this isn't actually proven.

Post 890 says he hasn't been seen.

*calms down*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*calms down*

Hopefully, it was just a joker looking to cause a storm.

Anyway, Muddy Mole has been shown to be an Assist Trophy.

Also, there looks to be some more FE6/FE7 music confirmed to be in Brawl, besides Bern Superpower (or the Kingdom of Bern). Posts 250, 257, 266, 267 in the topic I linked to seem to talk about, and they are quite surprised.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
*calms down*

Also, there looks to be some more FE6/FE7 music confirmed to be in Brawl, besides Bern Superpower (or the Kingdom of Bern). Posts 250, 257, 266, 267 in the topic I linked to seem to talk about, and they are quite surprised.
More FE6 music= Chance of Roy getting in?

Zevox

Smash Lord
*calms down*

Agreed on that first.

Interesting about the music. Did any of them mention a name for it?

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Agreed on that first.

Interesting about the music. Did any of them mention a name for it?

Zevox
Hopefully, Zoo-bellocks can translate.

The four pieces of music for Castle Siege are:

- Fire Emblem Theme (the music on the Dojo)
- Attack (which I think is another FE6/FE7 track, I think Post 267 says that it is an "Elibe" song"
- Bern Superpower (played in FE6 and FE7).
- Mira aid, which I think they are saying is from Gaiden (FE2) or Sacred Stones.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman

- Attack (which I think is another FE6/FE7 track, I think Post 267 says that it is an "Elibe" song"
- Mira aid, which I think they are saying is from Gaiden (FE2) or Sacred Stones.
Very interesting indeed.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice

Oh, that's my cue.

In post 250, it seems the poster is saying that he wants arrangements of these songs to appear in My Music. I don't think he's actually confirming them (though I think Great Kingdom of Bern was already confirmed).

Full translation:

"My Music arrangements (I) want at the moment.

Castle Siege: FE Theme, Attack, Great Kingdom Bern, Mila/Mira's Aid(?)
I also want to know the 4 tunes of the other stages."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, that's my cue.

In post 250, it seems the poster is saying that he wants arrangements of these songs to appear in My Music. I don't think he's actually confirming them (though I think Great Kingdom of Bern was already confirmed).
Really? Because there were quite a few posts commenting on it.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
At the end of the second line, it says でおk?. I'm not really sure what that means (if anything).

Japanese has a very different structure and often omits things not omitted in English, so an alternate translation MIGHT be:

"Those are the My Music arrangements I want
Are [Insert song list] the music for castle siege?

I also want to know the 4 tunes for other stages."

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ridley an AT?!!?!
*Has heart attack*
Ok...at least I found this..

No, Ridley has seen it.
他にもMBやアシストフィギアでも目新しいのは見ていない。 Another novelty is also ASHISUTOFIGIA MB and watched it.

Can anyone translate it a little better?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like Ashley has been deconfirmed. She appears in the WarioWare stage along with 9-Volt and Jimmy T.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Looks like Ashley has been deconfirmed. She appears in the WarioWare stage along with 9-Volt and Jimmy T.
Erm...

Smashboards rules=/= Sakurai's rules.

Npc appearances with the exception of assist trophies (because Sakurai said it) are not deconfirmations in regards to being playable.

Though for various logical reasons, it does make them highly unlikely.

Remember, deconfirmed = "confirmed to not be playable".

Not "highly unlikely".

Either way, it's too bad, Ashley would make a cool PC.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I honestly do not understand why people ever thought the the people who show up in the introduction before the microgames ever stood a chance.

It can't possibly have just been that Ashley music thing.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
It's a terrible shame Ashley probably won't be playable. That stage ruled out most possibilites for a second warioware rep. Mona's moveset would be a problem if she was ever included in brawl, the only other possible choice with a good moveset would be those ninja twins, although that might ruin the uniqueness of the Ice Climbers.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Why is everybody so sad about AShley being deconfirmed? 9-Volt would be a better Warioware rep if he wasn't deconfirmed. He appeared in more games than Ashley and he would have a unique moveset due to all his minigames involving Nintendo games and he is also the biggest Nintendo fanboys.

Zevox

Smash Lord
It can't possibly have just been that Ashley music thing.
No, it was pretty much just that. Thats all her cult ever had to go on, and it was definitely that which caused it to form.

Interesting stuff on the Brawl Central report from the event. Nobody deconfirmed except Ashley, but the character impressions seem a pretty cool. Apparently, our Japanese counterparts consider Metaknight a good beginner character, and report that he has no strong attacks and is totally reliant on combos, while Ike is being called a "noob killer" and "too powerful." Oh, and if used right, DK final smash can envelope 90% of a stage - so much for it being useless.

Zevox

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is a mascot from Sega, but Snake was originally part of SNES, a company by Nintendo. I think Snake has some rights into the game, though he isn't completely owned by Nintendo.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Sonic is a mascot from Sega, but Snake was originally part of SNES, a company by Nintendo. I think Snake has some rights into the game, though he isn't completely owned by Nintendo.
Just cause his game 1st started on a Nintendo system doesnt meab he was owned my Nintendo.

Its kinda the same as Geno being 3rd party. Exept Geno actually was owned my Nintendo 1st.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Ashely was a minor character from a minor saga.She never had a chance.
Ashley was a popular character from a minor saga with a sizeable fanbase and a potentially good moveset. She had a high chance, which is why she is in brawl. Even if it's just a cameo, stage and song.

Top Bottom