• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

626key

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by "great purging"? You mean there will be a bunch of fasnboys banning themselves because their favorite character did not make it? If the Lyn, Waluigi, Gardevoir deconfirmations are anything to go by, this board will become an ocean of bitter tears.
heck, some peoples favorits will make it, life goes on if bomber man or knuckles doesn't make it
P.S. knux 4 brawl

Luthien

Smash Ace
What do you mean by "great purging"? You mean there will be a bunch of fasnboys banning themselves because their favorite character did not make it? If the Lyn, Waluigi, Gardevoir deconfirmations are anything to go by, this board will become an ocean of bitter tears.
I think he ment that many threads will be closed because as you said, these threads will be considered invalid after the game comes out. However, I don't think that will happen until a couple of weeks/months after the game is released, because it takes time to unlock/confirm characters.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
You know how the Character Specific Boards are for Melee, right?
That section will just turn into that, pretty much.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a crapload of people left this site due to that...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Though I wouldn't be surprised if a crapload of people left this site due to that...
Yeah, I would not be surprised about that either. However, at the same time I am very disappointed that we are less than a month away from Brawl's Japanese release, and we still have not seen the real character selection screen. Really, I would not be surprised if the real character selection screen got leaked the same day as the entire roster.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I didn't keep up with the hype before Melee... is there any way to find out a general timeline for how the information came out about that, and how Brawl is differing?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of a great purging, your GameFAQs version of this topic was slain by the purge, Chrono. :ohwell:

I think I'll actually prefer this place post-release. As long as it doesn't become hardcore players only and there are still people I can talk to on a friendlier basis, it'll be fine.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, we got a double update today. The Dragoon looks interesting, and Share seems to be a neat feature. Other than that, there were no updates this week that were worthwhile to this analysis topic.

Speaking of a great purging, your GameFAQs version of this topic was slain by the purge, Chrono. :ohwell:

I think I'll actually prefer this place post-release. As long as it doesn't become hardcore players only and there are still people I can talk to on a friendlier basis, it'll be fine.
Yeah, I will repost my topic there probably next week. The thing is, I don't think I changed enough from what I posted back in the beginning of November, to warrant calling the topic "2.0". however, it would definitely be the last version of the topic leading up to Brawl's Japanese release.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I think he ment that many threads will be closed because as you said, these threads will be considered invalid after the game comes out. However, I don't think that will happen until a couple of weeks/months after the game is released, because it takes time to unlock/confirm characters.

You all kind of touched on what I meant; Smashboards was just a lot tighter in terms of spam tolerance, and the quality of people's posts because the patron to moderator ratio was much smaller. When Brawl was announced there was a sudden influx of new people and information which was much harder for the Mods to sift through, and thus the standards went down. I expect once Brawl is released and the speculation dies down, I expect that the standards will go back up again, and there will be a lot more topic closings and bannings, not to mention many people leaving simply by because they will not have anything to speculate about (they were pretty tough on keeping the rampant speculation in check regarding the next Smash game, until it was actually announced).

I wouldn't doubt you would prefer it. Personally, I enjoyed it far more before Brawl was announced. Generally people had more respect for each other, and there was less of the constant flow of n00bs (by n00bs I mean rude, ignorant people, NOT people who are just new to the boards) and repetition of information that have become somewhat standard here.

Anyhow, back to the topic hand, I noticed that too, 626key. It looks like this item could possible upstage the might Smash Ball in terms of priority.

I must say, I found the second update somewhat confusing. Maybe it's just me. Or perhaps it was just the way Sakurai explained it. Or the fact that the Tylenol PM I took to stave off my headcold is starting to kick in. Or the voices in my head. Who knows. Anyone else feel the same way about any of the things I just listed?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh crap, looks like we won't be getting any updates next week.

All seven languages of Smash Bros. Dojo will take a year-end holiday break from posting following December 28. We plan to resume posts on January 7.

Have a happy new year.

I think we might be getting a new character the week he starts updating again considering that a roster leak will be about only two weeks away from happening by January 7.

Looks like I need to go rumor hunting next week, that way we will at least have something to talk about.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I got a juicy rumor for you all. A prophet/insider from gamefaqs predicted Dragoon with pinpoint accuracy after stage buider was revealed and this is what he said.

Ok, I'm not trying to get attention here or anything, but I've got some insider news.

I can't give proof, and if I could I wouldn't. I thought it was bull until Monday.

I was told there was a stage creator. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out...

He said Wolf was in the game. (I don't even like Wolf, so I don't care.)

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

I wish there was more info squeezed out, but there wasn't. If you don't want to believe, don't. I know there's a lot more to be revealed besides this anyway. Let time prove it, as it has begun to
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40411864

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm sort of skeptical, but I'll roll with you for a minute. Wolf is gg, so is Lucario(he'd be my main if he is in), Ness is bleh, and we all knew Falco, Ganon, and the ol' capitan were coming back, cool if true, meh if its not. But the thing about tonights update makes me want to believe it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm sort of skeptical, but I'll roll with you for a minute. Wolf is gg, so is Lucario(he'd be my main if he is in), Ness is bleh, and we all knew Falco, Ganon, and the ol' capitan were coming back, cool if true, meh if its not. But the thing about tonights update makes me want to believe it.
But Lucario replacing Mewtwo? Taking his old moveset?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I got a juicy rumor for you all. A prophet/insider from gamefaqs predicted Dragoon with pinpoint accuracy after stage buider was revealed and this is what he said.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133207

Interesting, I was just reading this. Anyway, this jives well with what NyaseNya and serebii have been saying.

NyaseNya said that Ness would return, and Serebii said that Lucario would get in and replace Mewtwo.

However, if this person is the real deal, then that would mean at least three Star Fox characters in a roster of only 35 (if NyaseNya is to be believed). Remember, Nya said that only the European and North American versions of Brawl would be delayed.

Taking information from all three of these people here is our roster:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Toon Link
10. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
11. Captain Falcon
12. Lucas
13. Ness
14. Yoshi
15. Kirby
16. Meta Knight
17. King Dedede
18. Fox
19. Falco
20. Wolf
21. Pikachu
22. Pokemon Trainer
23. Lucario
24. Ike
25. Wario
26. Captain Olimar
27. Ice Climbers
28. Pit
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Snake
31. Sonic
-------
Speculation:
32. Luigi (why would an important and popular character be cut).
33. Jigglypuff (a character since the original, and accidentally confirmed by David Hayter, the voice actor for Snake)
34. A second Fire Emblem character (Marth, Eliwood, or even Micaiah).
35. Either Ray or Isaac, or some sort of WTF final character, or Krystal, (however, why would Star Fox get four characters, tying it with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) .

This could be our roster. :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting, I was just reading this. Anyway, this jives well with what NyaseNya and serebii have been saying.

NyaseNya said that Ness would return, and Serebii said that Lucario would get in and replace Mewtwo.

However, if this person is the real deal, then that would mean at least three Star Fox characters in a roster of only 35 (if NyaseNya is to be believed). Remember, Nya said that only the European and North American versions of Brawl would be delayed.

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Toon Link
11. Captain Falcon
12. Lucas
13. Ness
14. Yoshi
15. Kirby
16. Meta Knight
17. King Dedede
18. Fox
19. Falco
20. Wolf
21. Pikachu
22. Pokemon Trainer
23. Lucario
24. Ike
25. Wario
26. Captain Olimar
27. Ice Climbers
28. Pit
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Snake
31. Sonic
-------
Speculation:
33. Jigglypuff (a character since the original, and accidentally confirmed by David Hayter, the voice actor for Snake)
35. Either Ray or Isaac, or some sort of WTF final character, or Krystal, (however, why would Star Fox get four characters, tying it with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) .

I really don't know about all this...

I'm fairly certain Ness would leave.

This roster is just plain stupid, especially with only 1 more newcomer...?

Correction: 2 newcomers more...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I really don't know about all this...

I'm fairly certain Ness would leave.

This roster is just plain stupid, especially with only 1 more newcomer...?

Correction: 2 newcomers more...
Newcomers:
1. Wolf
2. Lucario
4. Toon Link
4. Captain Olimar

Just from what was gathered from those three people.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Newcomers:
1. Wolf
2. Lucario
4. Toon Link
4. Captain Olimar

Just from what was gathered from those three people.
Source for Wolf? ...and I think "Toon" link would be a returning character

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
But Lucario replacing Mewtwo? Taking his old moveset?
Who says Lucario would take his moveset, he's not even a psychic type pokemon, he's fighting. He'd probably have his own moveset(only thing similar would probably be his neutral b, a charged aura ball thing). As cool as Mewtwo is, and yes his moveset is unique, he could have got replaced nonetheless by another unique moveset, Lucario's.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who says Lucario would take his moveset, he's not even a psychic type pokemon, he's fighting. He'd probably have his own moveset(only thing similar would probably be his neutral b, a charged aura ball thing). As cool as Mewtwo is, and yes his moveset is unique, he could have got replaced nonetheless by another unique moveset, Lucario's.
1 "Prophet" who predicted the Dragoon and Serebii did, that's who

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They said REPLACING, not "he's in instead of Mewtwo"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was it BlueWave or Nya that said they were changing Snake's smashes because people complained?

Boofer

Smash Ace
ehh...I don't want to believe it, but I will keep the possibility at the back of my mind.

Don't forget that this guy said Wolf would be in the game, but not necessarily as a playable. It seems odd that he'd get in as a PC before Krystal.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
This is some very interesting information going around. Though, the guy did say that he couldn't get all the information out(the 'squeeze it out' part). So, there could be more characters that he just didn't get out. Anyway, this is still pretty hard to swallow. Ness coming back(not that I don't like him, it's just that Lucas is so similar to him), Lucario replacing Mewtwo(Mewtwo is awesome in Pokemon games and Lucario is due to popularity of the movie), and if this is all the newcomers. I believe that there will be another Mario character coming in, however(besides Luigi). Dropping Dr. Mario and not replacing him doesn't make much sense. Personally, I would like to see Geno in the game because of the uniqueness to the retro(yeah I consider Geno retro) character. Besides, Paper Mario is unique but is Mario and Bowser Jr. is because I am biased against him(that's the only reason really). The Koopa Kids will always be over him to me.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Oh? F-Zero games score much higher?

F-Zero games:

F-Zero - 83%
F-Zero X - 86.1%
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity - 82.9%
F-Zero GX - 89.2%
F-Zero: GP Legend - 76.9%

WarioWare games:

WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ - 89.2%
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$ - 76.7%
WarioWare: Twisted! - 88.3%
WarioWare: Touched! - 81.9%
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - 81.8%

So, five games each.

Yeah, that sure is "much better". Even if you say F-Zero is comparable, that means that F-Zero roughly ties with WarioWare in reviews, but gets torn to pieces when it comes to dinero.

But you also seem to imply that Wario in general scores worse.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - 77.5%
Wario Land II - 86.9%
Wario Land 3 - 90.4%
Wario Land 4 - 85.3%
Wario World - 72%
Wario: Master of Disguise - 63.2%

Wow. So Wario has a game scoring above a nine out of ten, F-Zero does not. Wario has 12 different games, F-Zero only has six.

The fact of the matter is that the only reason people don't think Wario's important enough to have two reps is that it's not important to them.
You got me curious, where do you got those numbers? Source?

And, the whole Wario games only got other major characters in WarioWare, which most of them are unlikely for PC.

Go ahead, troll me, call me fanboy, but that's what I think.

1. GameRankings.com

2. ...Okay? That really doesn't matter, because they clearly qualify and meet all the standards of other playables.

Zevox

Smash Lord

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Toon Link
11. Captain Falcon
12. Lucas
13. Ness
14. Yoshi
15. Kirby
16. Meta Knight
17. King Dedede
18. Fox
19. Falco
20. Wolf
21. Pikachu
22. Pokemon Trainer
23. Lucario
24. Ike
25. Wario
26. Captain Olimar
27. Ice Climbers
28. Pit
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Snake
31. Sonic
-------
Speculation:

This is assuming that all of those rumors are credible, though. If Brawl has gone gold as we believe, then we can likely toss out NyaNysa's rumor of 35 characters, since she also said there would be another delay, which clearly there won't be if Brawl has gone gold. It is interesting how the Dragoon prophet and Serebii coincide - and I must admit, I find it disturbing how he managed to hit that item perfectly - but their supposed predictions do not include that character cap, so perhaps we'll have more than just this.

Zevox

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Looks like the prophet's/insider's name is ChaosZero and posted again:

Uh. Hi everyone. I'm your "prophet."

I made that post a long time ago. Not only did I get modded....TWICE....since I contested my post that (by the way, not only did not break any "trolling" rules," was CORRECT (so far)" I lost the ability to contest any of my moderations for like the next 3 months or something.

Here was my post, which was upheld by the admin.

Since I was modded, it has stayed in "my deleted posts."

"Last time I made this topic, I was marked for moderation by people who were angry that I was relaying information?

Yeah, doesn't make sense right? Well uh, that's the point of a message board. So here it is again.

This is info I heard from a credible source in MY OPINION. I do not claim responsibility if it's wrong, and aim to offend no one. You may believe it if you want, or discard it as a lie or rubbish or speculation or bad information or whatever. The information isn't phenomenal, but it's what it is. And some people may appreciate it.

I'm no prophet, and I'm no troll.

If you don't like that I'm giving this info away without giving the name, social security number, and resume of the person who gave it to me, along with movies, pictures, and a signature from Sakurai -

then simply cease reading and go back and read another topic. Thank you for your cooperation:

I was told there was a stage creator before there was one. So far, this news has been correct. So check this out... According to my source: (THIS IS SIMPLY RUMOR AT THIS POINT BECAUSE I HAVE NO PROOF)

Wolf is in the game.

Falco is returning.

Ganondorf is returning.

Captain Falcon is returning.

Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place. (place being a vague term, I don't know what exactly it means)

Ness is returning.

Zelda can turn into Sheik.

And there are these items called "Dragoon Parts" I did some research and apparently they're from Kirby's Air Ride. Supposedly, if you collect all three parts you can do some devastating move where you control a crosshair and do a crazy rush or something.

Oh and Final Destination is back.

That's all I have, and possibly all I can get. Since it isn't confirmed, it's simply rumor. I REPEAT, I AM NOT STATING THIS AS FACT.

I hope this makes someone happy, cuz it's all I got."

Well. Seems the guy was right. Maybe you shouldn't be so angry when a guy politely relays a rumor he heard. I honestly don't even care any more. I'm not saying anything more. Go ahead and think the rest of my stuff was made up and this was the only true fact.

I don't care.

Time will prove everything. In two months we'll all have the game and everyone can stop whining.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is assuming that all of those rumors are credible, though. If Brawl has gone gold as we believe, then we can likely toss out NyaNysa's rumor of 35 characters, since she also said there would be another delay, which clearly there won't be if Brawl has gone gold. It is interesting how the Dragoon prophet and Serebii coincide - and I must admit, I find it disturbing how he managed to hit that item perfectly - but their supposed predictions do not include that character cap, so perhaps we'll have more than just this.

Zevox
I'm pretty sure Serebii was insinuating that Ness would not return...so these people are not coinciding very good

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Serebii was insinuating that Ness would not return...so these people are not coinciding very good
All Serebii suggested was that not all of the character that are being axed are clones (he later gave Mewtwo as an example).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All Serebii suggested was that not all of the character that are being axed are clones (he later gave Mewtwo as an example).
HE didn't, that was one of his admins, and they posted on Gamefaqs...

That was also BEFORE the Serebii thing

Top Bottom