• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Holy crap, Sakurai just confirmed classic Wario as an alternate costume for Wario. Too bad he says that Wario is the only one that can do this. Though I think there could be a hidden character that might have the same ability as Wario.
No, he said "Wario alone is special" :ohwell:

NM, you fixed it :p

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Mario & Luigi vs. Overalls Wario with only Waluigi Assist Trophies.

This event is practically confirmed.

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
yeah, id never heard of Geno until these forums

geno was only in one game, and brief cameos

not really worth of a main character in this game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
yeah, id never heard of Geno until these forums

geno was only in one game, and brief cameos

not really worth of a main character in this game
You not hearing about Geno really is your own fault. Mario RPG was the thing back in the day

Super-dude

Smash Cadet
You not hearing about Geno really is your own fault. Mario RPG was the thing back in the day

yeah, but if me, a gamer from way back hasnt heard of him, how will fanboys react.

ive got nothing against geno, i think hes a really good character, however, there are other characters that deserve a place more than him

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Well, that was.........strange. It's no Falcon, but it's pretty sweet in it's own right.

Doubt anyone is going to use the Ware outfit now.
Eh, I dunno. It seems like the textures on the WarioWare outift are much more detailed. I'd have to see which one looks better when I'm actually playing.

But it's pretty lame that he said that only Wario gets an alternate costume (altho it's possible that some other character we don't know about could, but it seems pretty definite that none of the revealed characters will). I mean, for one, that's just lame in itself, because having alternate costumes would've been cool. For another, why would *Wario* have the distinction of being the only character with alternate costumes? No offense, but there are other characters who are more important who have potential alternate costumes too...

Too bad we won't be seeing Samus in the Light Suit or something similarly awesome...

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
If Wario was in the demo, someone should have caught his other 2 moves. Can anyone find them? As well as any new ATs?

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Looking back at the Klonoa rumor I got these bits of info:

(Rumor itself)
クロノアの参戦については、正式に発表されてないし、交渉しているという噂もない。
しかし、同キャラを演じてる声優、渡辺久美子さんのブログで、9月10日のブログに書かれた文の内、「嬉しい仕事の依頼」から「まだ内緒ですが」までの部分と、「久しぶりにケナゲな少年役です」の部分が、クロノアのスマブラ参戦の可能性と、何か関連があると予想。

(What Klonoa's voice actor says)
今夜はおでん。
しこたま。

嬉しい仕事の依頼に、ふたつ返事でお受けする。
今からとても楽しみですっ!!

まだ内緒ですが。

自分の出る情報って、すぐお知らせしたくても
いろんな事情もあるので、なかなかタイミングが難しい。

特にゲストとなると、窺っているうちに、終わってしまってたりします…。

こまめな人は公開OKなタイミングをちゃんと公式サイトとかで確認するらしいですが。

私は巨大まめなんで…。

あ、出演者の方にイベントで試写した、と聞いたのでこれは大丈夫かな。

「逮捕しちゃうぞフルスロットル」の一話と二話にゲスト出演しました。

久しぶりにケナゲな少年役です。

(Apparently, she got a job offer to play as a male character in game of sorts. Can anyone geta good translation)

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Looking back at the Klonoa rumor I got these bits of info:

(Rumor itself)
クロノアの参戦については、正式に発表されてないし、交渉しているという噂もない。
しかし、同キャラを演じてる声優、渡辺久美子さんのブログで、9月10日のブログに書かれた文の内、「嬉しい仕事の依頼」から「まだ内緒ですが」までの部分と、「久しぶりにケナゲな少年役です」の部分が、クロノアのスマブラ参戦の可能性と、何か関連があると予想。

(What Klonoa's voice actor says)
今夜はおでん。
しこたま。

嬉しい仕事の依頼に、ふたつ返事でお受けする。
今からとても楽しみですっ!!

まだ内緒ですが。

自分の出る情報って、すぐお知らせしたくても
いろんな事情もあるので、なかなかタイミングが難しい。

特にゲストとなると、窺っているうちに、終わってしまってたりします…。

こまめな人は公開OKなタイミングをちゃんと公式サイトとかで確認するらしいですが。

私は巨大まめなんで…。

あ、出演者の方にイベントで試写した、と聞いたのでこれは大丈夫かな。

「逮捕しちゃうぞフルスロットル」の一話と二話にゲスト出演しました。

久しぶりにケナゲな少年役です。

(Apparently, she got a job offer to play as a male character in game of sorts. Can anyone geta good translation)

Maledict

Smash Rookie
mario saga:
-luigi: I will be surprised if he don't appear too
-bowser jr: giga bowser jr transformatio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-geno: yeah, he should appear
-koopalings (AT): each one must be an AT

zelda saga:
-sheik: is obvious that she will appear
-ganondorf: with twilight princess look and moves

f-zero
-black shadow: he's a must
-deathborn: a must too

metroid
-ridley: ridley sucks, meta ridley RLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! (or maybe omega ridley)
-dark samus: she's a must
-rundas: my favorite hunter

pokemon
-maybe some others pokemon trainer characters should appear

third parties
-megaman x: he's better than the original
-zero (with his look of megaman x, not megaman zero): he's one of my favorite characters of my life
-sigma: yeah, he PWNS

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Eh, I dunno. It seems like the textures on the WarioWare outift are much more detailed. I'd have to see which one looks better when I'm actually playing.

But it's pretty lame that he said that only Wario gets an alternate costume (altho it's possible that some other character we don't know about could, but it seems pretty definite that none of the revealed characters will). I mean, for one, that's just lame in itself, because having alternate costumes would've been cool. For another, why would *Wario* have the distinction of being the only character with alternate costumes? No offense, but there are other characters who are more important who have potential alternate costumes too...

Too bad we won't be seeing Samus in the Light Suit or something similarly awesome...
Exactly, exactly, exactly! xD

Samus would be the perfect example for an alt. costume. She has so many bad-a** suits. No reason they should only use the idea on one character. I will be very dissapointed if they do not make any more of them! I will still love the game of course, but still! xD

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Somebody sent me a PM asking me to make some analyses for Yoshi and Wario characters. I did do just that, and here they are:

Kamek: Kamek was the main antagonist of Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS (and he also appeared in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time). He is a magikoopa that continually plagues the Yoshis and Baby Mario with super-sized versions enemies you come across in both games. However, Kamek has not appeared specficially outside those three games (other than maybe Yoshi's Touch&Go, which I haven't played). Furthermore, it is usually Baby Bowser you fight at the end of the Yoshi games. However, unlike Baby Bowser, Kamek bears no semblance to any other probable character, and would offer a unique moveset. The main problem with Kamek is that he hails from the Yoshi series which is pretty much a Mario spinoff series. The most I can see Kamek being is an Assist Trophy.

Baby Bowser: Baby Bowser was the final boss and antagonist of several Yoshi games, such as Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, and Yoshi's Island DS. However, Baby Bowser has a big problem, and that problem is that he is too similar to Bowser Jr., who has become an important character in the main Mario series. Between Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr. is much more likely to get in as a playable character. However, I do expect Baby Bowser to show up as a trophy, which he appeared as in Melee.

Baby Mario Bros.: This is an idea that I see get thrown around sometimes. I see people suggest that Baby versions of the Mario Bros. work as an Ice Climbers-like character, and an unique moveset can probably me made for them just based offf of Mario and Lugi: Partners in Time. However, they suffer from hailing from Yoshi series, and for being younger versions of two characters that are already playable, in which case Sakurai and his team might opt for a more unique character. I do expect at least Baby Mario to show in the form of a regular trophy, which he did in Melee.

Jimmy T.: Jimmy T. is Wario's best friend in the WarioWare series. He loves to dance and a has a big blue 'fro. I imagine that if he were to get in, he would probably have his moveset consisting of dance moves. However, this would involve Sakurai's team having to create a unique moveset for him, something that they will probably only reserve for important characters from important franchises. The Wario series will probably only have one representative, which is obviously Wario. However, I do expect Jimmy T. to show up in some form, whether it be an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy, or a sticker.

Mona: Mona is another one of Wario's friends, and she often switches jobs between games. Though Mona is quite important to the Wario series, she also suffers from the same condition as Jimmy T., in that Sakurai's team would have to make a unique moveset for her (meaning none of her moves would derive from the game she has been in) in order to make her a playable character. However, like with Jimmy T., I do expect her to show up in some form, whether it be an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy, or a sticker.

Ashley: Ashley is a rather recent addition to the WarioWare crew. I don't think she is as iconic or important as Jimmy T. or Mona, though she does have a few devout fans on this site. While her moveset could possibly consist of dark magic, I don't think Sakurai's team would go through the trouble of making a unique moveset for a minor character from a minor franchise. Her theme being in Brawl has made some to believe that she will show up as a playable character, however, I do not think this means much. I do expect Ashley to show up as either an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy, or a sticker.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Jimmy T.: Jimmy T. is Wario's best friend in the WarioWare series. He loves to dance and a has a big blue 'fro. I imagine that if he were to get in, he would probably have his moveset consisting of dance moves. However, this would involve Sakurai's team having to create a unique moveset for him, something that they will probably only reserve for important characters from important franchises. The Wario series will probably only have one representative, which is obviously Wario. However, I do expect Jimmy T. to show up in some form, whether it be an Assist Trophy, a regular trophy, or a sticker.
It's about *beep*in' time someone mentioned him! That guy is da pimp! Not to mention hilarious as hell. :laugh: I would so totally main him! ;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Heh, we finally got Sonic's Final Smash. Though on the plus side, we also got some music. Oh well, Sakurai is running out stuff to show regarding the revealed characters. If can't stall showing Sheik forever....

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So what does it exactally say about duster? I Wish we had pictures...

Anyhow as for mona or jimmy t: They can make a moveset for em easily and use WW For marketing purposes from it, It's possible for them to get one, In a lot of your analysis you often say on the runnersup "Better for boss/AT/Sticker/Etc..." And it gets a bit repetitive...Just wanted to tell you.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So what does it exactally say about duster? I Wish we had pictures...

Anyhow as for mona or jimmy t: They can make a moveset for em easily and use WW For marketing purposes from it, It's possible for them to get one, In a lot of your analysis you often say on the runnersup "Better for boss/AT/Sticker/Etc..." And it gets a bit repetitive...Just wanted to tell you.
It is not repetitive, is is actuality. They are not runners-up per se, but more of characters that don't have much of a chance of getting in as playable characters and analyses why they won't.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Heh, we finally got Sonic's Final Smash. Though on the plus side, we also got some music. Oh well, Sakurai is running out stuff to show regarding the revealed characters. If can't stall showing Sheik forever....
Actually he can, he still hasn't given us Special Moves for a lot of veterans like DK, Samus, and Ice Climbers(even though DK and Samus did have one in the Charging Special Moves update, that didn't stop him from making 2 Special Moves updates for Meta Knight, so he can do it again). Also, there's Snake's Final Smash, and then random crap like Overalls Wario. If he wants to be a jerk, he could give us one of these every 1-2 weeks and effectively stall new character info until release.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Actually he can, he still hasn't given us Special Moves for a lot of veterans like DK, Samus, and Ice Climbers(even though DK and Samus did have one in the Charging Special Moves update, that didn't stop him from making 2 Special Moves updates for Meta Knight, so he can do it again). Also, there's Snake's Final Smash, and then random crap like Overalls Wario. If he wants to be a jerk, he could give us one of these every 1-2 weeks and effectively stall new character info until release.
Well most of the updates since E for All was stuff we knew due to E for All.Also, why would he talk about special moves for veterans? Most of there moves are probably not going to be changed. As for the new analysises, what does anybody think about 9-Volt for the Warioware series?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well most of the updates since E for All was stuff we knew due to E for All.Also, why would he talk about special moves for veterans? Most of there moves are probably not going to be changed. As for the new analysises, what does anybody think about 9-Volt for the Warioware series?
I will make an analysis for 9-Volt later today since you requested it. I am just busy with Christmas-related stuff right now.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Has everyone seen [thread=132599]this thread[/thread]? It appears Brawl may already have "gone gold" - meaning the master copy of the game is complete and has been sent to be copied into the mass-produced versions. If this is true, it appears our rumors of another delay will prove incorrect. An with them most likely NyaNysa's claims too, which would be good news by me.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Has everyone seen [thread=132599]this thread[/thread]? It appears Brawl may already have "gone gold" - meaning the master copy of the game is complete and has been sent to be copied into the mass-produced versions. If this is true, it appears our rumors of another delay will prove incorrect. An with them most likely NyaNysa's claims too, which would be good news by me.

Zevox
Ah thanks Zevox, this made my day. I am going to change the topic title just for this. Also, you wouldn't mind telling your buddies in the Marth thread to vote for me. ;) (though you definitely don't have to)

As for Christmas gifts, I got Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and 3 Wii Points Cards (6,000 points total). So far, PH is awesome (I've just beaten the first dungeon).

As for the 9-Volt analysis, I will write it up soon. Its just that I have been playing the new games I got for the past three hours.

Hopefully, this means that Brawl won't be delayed (at least in Japan), and that leaks will be happening soon. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is the analysis for 9-Volt I promised:

9-Volt: 9-Volt is another one of Wario's buddies from the WarioWare series. He is a big Nintendo fanatic, and all of his microgames are Nintendo-themed. This makes me believe that if he were made into a playable character, he would probably have moves that are derived from a wide assortment of Nintendo games, both retro and recent. However, while a think a moveset for 9-Volt might be more interesting and easier to make than for other characters from the WarioWare series, he suffers due to not being important enough in his own series and from being in the WarioWare series (in my opinion the second-most important character would be Jimmy T.). Also, like I said earlier, the Wario series's only playable representative is likely to be just Wario. However, I do expect 9-Volt to show up in some form, which means Assist Trophy at most.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
do you support baby bros and kamek?
I don't care for them either way. Kamek would be cool, and the Baby Bros. would be interesting if done right. However, at this point, the only the series that has been adequately represented is the Kirby series. I am still surprised that Sakurai and his team decided to make three Kirby characters starting. However, what I am more curious about, is how he has not shown any more characters and the final character selection screen despite the game being less than a month away from its Japanese release.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
claus (woot)
midna(woot)
jigglypuff (woot woot)

no more fire emblem characters. none really shine above the rest. and since most use swords their basic attacks will just be slashes. no more swordsman! they don't jave very original movesets

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It is not repetitive, is is actuality. They are not runners-up per se, but more of characters that don't have much of a chance of getting in as playable characters and analyses why they won't.
Yes it is.

"Which is why i think X Will show up as a AT"
"And X Will show up as a costume"
Etc...But this roster is still ok, It has Paper Mario Geno and Claus on it so it's already win :laugh: (And many others i want....But then again this one judges a LOT Of characters.)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't care for them either way. Kamek would be cool, and the Baby Bros. would be interesting if done right. However, at this point, the only the series that has been adequately represented is the Kirby series. I am still surprised that Sakurai and his team decided to make three Kirby characters starting. However, what I am more curious about, is how he has not shown any more characters and the final character selection screen despite the game being less than a month away from its Japanese release.
Showing the final screen would show us all the ? which would tell us how many characters were in the game. Also, there is always a possibility of a character update in Jan.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Showing the final screen would show us all the ? which would tell us how many characters were in the game.
Not necessarily. Remember how Melee only had five of the unlockables get ? boxes before unlocking, and the other six just appeared off to the side when unlocked? I wouldn't put it past Sakurai & co to do something similar with Brawl.

Zevox

Mr. Brawl and Watch

Smash Apprentice
the perfect formula would be to have the main character from each high grossing nintendo game, along with the rival, the main enemy, and the person you are trying to save. like for mario, you would have mario [main char.] peach [person you save] bowser [main enemy] and luigi [rival]. for zelda would be link, zelda, ganondorf, and the old man dark link. for starfox, you got fox, krystal, wolf, and falco. for fire emblem, you would have ike, elincia, ahnard, and the black knight.

all of the gay chars should be promptly removed, like pichu, young link, Mr. game and watch, yoshi, ice climbers, roy, marth[replaced by ike], ness, lucas, and the list goes on.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the perfect formula would be to have the main character from each high grossing nintendo game, along with the rival, the main enemy, and the person you are trying to save. like for mario, you would have mario [main char.] peach [person you save] bowser [main enemy] and luigi [rival]. for zelda would be link, zelda, ganondorf, and the old man dark link. for starfox, you got fox, krystal, wolf, and falco. for fire emblem, you would have ike, elincia, ahnard, and the black knight.

all of the gay chars should be promptly removed, like pichu, young link, Mr. game and watch, yoshi, ice climbers, roy, marth[replaced by ike], ness, lucas, and the list goes on.
That is a VERY boring formula

1. You only expect one rep for Wario? Come on, now.

WarioWare: Touched! - 1.9 million
WarioWare: Twisted! - <1 million (it bombed in Europe because of a late release as a result of its tilt sensor having trace amount of mercury)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! - 2 million
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! - >500k
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - >1 million

WarioWare is more popular than any DK spin-off, way more popular than the entire Yoshi series, bigger than Mother, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Pikmin, Puzzle League, and F-Zero. And that is a spin-off. The original series is roughly as popular. Which means that all the above mention series aren't even half as popular as Wario.

The WarioWare franchise is huge in Japan - Touched! sold one million there alone.

Also, not only is that an idiotic idea, Mr. Brawl and Watch, but your entire post made you sound totally idiotic.

Young Link - Yeah, don't put the most common version of Link in Brawl.
Mr. Game & Watch - Yeah, don't put one of Nintendo's oldest creators in video game history.
Yoshi - Are you serious?
Ice Climbers - ^
Marth - ^ (and on top of that, why does slow/heavy = fast/light?)
Lucas - ^ (go above Marth)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1. You only expect one rep for Wario? Come on, now.

WarioWare: Touched! - 1.9 million
WarioWare: Twisted! - <1 million (it bombed in Europe because of a late release as a result of its tilt sensor having trace amount of mercury)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! - 2 million
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! - >500k
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - >1 million

WarioWare is more popular than any DK spin-off, way more popular than the entire Yoshi series, bigger than Mother, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Pikmin, Puzzle League, and F-Zero. And that is a spin-off. The original series is roughly as popular. Which means that all the above mention series aren't even half as popular as Wario.

The WarioWare franchise is huge in Japan - Touched! sold one million there alone.

Also, not only is that an idiotic idea, Mr. Brawl and Watch, but your entire post made you sound totally idiotic.

Young Link - Yeah, don't put the most common version of Link in Brawl.
Mr. Game & Watch - Yeah, don't put one of Nintendo's oldest creators in video game history.
Yoshi - Are you serious?
Ice Climbers - ^
Marth - ^ (and on top of that, why does slow/heavy = fast/light?)
Lucas - ^ (go above Marth)
Wario Ware is a spin-off series, Wario has a series(wario land) and he just draws some elements from WW

Top Bottom