• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oh, I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I think it needs to be repeated again. Apparently, Brawl will be playable at JumpFest thuis year. JumpFest is in Japan, and usually it has anime and Square-Enix games playable there. However, I think that the demo there will probably only be the one from E4ALL, considering that Sakurai is the most secretive man in the whole video game industry.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I think it needs to be repeated again. Apparently, Brawl will be playable at JumpFest thuis year. JumpFest is in Japan, and usually it has anime and Square-Enix games playable there. However, I think that the demo there will probably only be the one from E4ALL, considering that Sakurai is the most secretive man in the whole video game industry.
SE characters confirmed? We'll have to see if anything comes from it. I'm just waiting for Falcon and Zelda's specials. Sakurai has done almost every character update save for those two.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
SE characters confirmed? We'll have to see if anything comes from it. I'm just waiting for Falcon and Zelda's specials. Sakurai has done almost every character update save for those two.
Falcon? He has not even been updated yet. I think you are talking about Snake.

Well, I good news. Apparently, I have been nominated for Most Intelligent Poster in the Forum Awards. I would like to thank everyone with my utmost thanks and gratitude for this happening. Here is a link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131997

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Falcon? He has not even been updated yet. I think you are talking about Snake.

Well, I good news. Apparently, I have been nominated for Most Intelligent Poster in the Forum Awards. I would like to thank everyone with my utmost thanks and gratitude for this happening. Here is a link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=131997
SE=Square-Enix. I'm just waiting for Falcon's update. It's just frustrating. We have an assist trophy, and we have seen trophies and stickers for the franchise. The fact we lack the character is a bit ludicrous.

Also, props for the nomination.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't know, does mild violence ring a bell?
Hey vesperview, can you make a sig for me asking people to vote for me in the Most Intelligent Category. Oh, I will also vote for you in Most Sarcastic, just please don't be sarcastic with your response to my question. ;)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
First off, really nice analysis of everything, well done.

I main Luigi in Melee, and although I'm 95% sure he will return as a playable character, I think the best thing they could do with him is what they did with Mario, leave his moveset, but insead of FLUDD give him his vacuum as Down+B, I mean thet are the Mario Brothers, they should have similar moves...besides, he isn't a total clone, he had the Green Missle along with many moves that Mario didn't have. Luigi is supposed to jump higher, again he does, there are so many aspects that differ between Mario and Luigi in Melee I think it would be stupid for them to re-vamp his moveset...they are the Mario Brothers, they SHOULD have similar fighting styles...he isn't a clone at all when compared to the likes of Fox/Falco, Pikachu/Pichu and Marth/Roy.

/end rant.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Props on the nomination, Chrono!

Ugh, the amount of gimpy worship in that list makes my eyes bleed...

And I'm glad Youko got in the most helpful Mod nom. He's the best (or one of the best) mods we have around here.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Nice sig there.

It doesn't seem a delay was announced at Jump Festa so it looks like we may be in the clear.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Another delay would surprise me more than Falcon not being in the game. A two month delay is not much, so Sakurai obviously knew he was not going to need much more time. The fact they released a new date so quickly is further evidence of that, it only took two days for a public announcement. If there was in fact another delay, I think some higher up Nintendo employees would be just as upset as the fans.

Also, on the note about "there are characters that have not made the transition from Melee to Brawl, and not all of them were clones in Melee."

That very well could mean Ness along with clones. "Not all" does not specify a number, so simply Ness getting the boot, along with some of the obvious clones, could fulfill that statement. Evidence?

The game is based on Melee's engine, with some improvements. Say they cut all of the clones with the exception of Falco and Ganondorf, and give them both new movesets. Every other character can easily return, even if they don't have any changes made to them, other than those required to comply with the updated engine. Ness is the only one that really remains a clone due to what we know about Lucas, and therefore is the only logical non-clone character to remove.

Sure Mewtwo was horrid, but he was still unique, and could be corrected a bit. Some people want to see Game and Watch tossed, but again, he was extremely unique. It would be nothing to just make the transition and update them to become better characters, thus increasing their Smash popularity. That isn't to say no other character won't be removed, but it would take little effort to buff the less-favored characters, which I think most people would be happier with in the end,

How people people would say "Yes! Brawl has 37 characters instead of 40 since they removed these three who had unique movesets already!"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Uh oh, I got some bad news Mega Man fans.... apparently Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man and a top executive at Capcom, has gone on the record to say that Mega Man is not in Brawl.

Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It’s a great series…but, Nintendo hasn’t asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I’m still waiting…we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call.

Here is a link:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=32159

While he does he say that there could be some time left, let's face it, Brawl is probably in the debugging stages by now (it is about a month away from the Japanese release). However, he could be doing a Sakurai-mind-trick, though that might be out-of-character for Inafune. I am not going to take Mega Man out of my analysis topic because he has not been deconfirmed, however, this does lower his chances. On second thought, could Inafune be implying a Japanese-delay since he is using the word "months".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Jump Festa ends Sunday.
Oh, I must of misread something then. Also, I know a site with Japanese-impressions of the Smash Bros. demo at Jumpfest. Though, it wouldn't do us much good considering that it is Japanese.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Uh oh, I got some bad news Mega Man fans.... apparently Keiji Inafune, the creator of Mega Man and a top executive at Capcom, has gone on the record to say that Mega Man is not in Brawl.

Well, I really do love Super Smash Brothers. It’s a great series…but, Nintendo hasn’t asked me yet if they can use Mega Man in their game. I’m still waiting…we have a little bit of time left, it’s not coming out for another few months. They might get around to asking us if we’d like to put Mega Man in Super Smash Brothers. Maybe if somebody from Nintendo is listening to this podcast, they’ll give me a call.

Here is a link:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=32159

While he does he say that there could be some time left, let's face it, Brawl is probably in the debugging stages by now (it is about a month away from the Japanese release). However, he could be doing a Sakurai-mind-trick, though that might be out-of-character for Inafune. I am not going to take Mega Man out of my analysis topic because he has not been deconfirmed, however, this does lower his chances. On second thought, could Inafune be implying a Japanese-delay since he is using the word "months".
Interesting. I don't think it's a trick. In fact, I think people give Sakurai credit for being far cleverer than he truly is. Mind games and plays on words generally don't translate well over language barriers, because the way those things are percieved are rooted in the speaker's culture, what may be a clever double entendra in Japanese could be pure gibberish in english. Also, the way a Japanese individual percieves a statement could be vastly different from how an American or even Australian or British individual.

All of that to say, that I didn't read into it too much, and I think you're smart not to as well.

Regarding the possible implied Japanese-delay, his he a particularly reliable source for info on the Brawl release date when he just said he hasn't been contacted by Nintendo whatsoever? I mean it isn't like Nintendo sends out an industry-only newsletter to Capcom or EA giving them advanced warning about delays on Nintendo licensed games, right? :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
He said there are some months left, that means this interview is old. (probably one or two months?) Sakurai could already have Mega Man in.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I must of misread something then. Also, I know a site with Japanese-impressions of the Smash Bros. demo at Jumpfest. Though, it wouldn't do us much good considering that it is Japanese.
Can you translate them? It would probably help determen(spelling?) if it was a different demo or not. Or link us too is so SP can help us.

@Luigi Player:The interview was one Megaman's anniversary which was in December. It's unlikely.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Can you translate them? It would probably help determen(spelling?) if it was a different demo or not. Or link us too is so SP can help us.

@Luigi Player:The interview was one Megaman's anniversary which was in December. It's unlikely.
Yeah, ask SamuraiPanda to translate it ^.^

So it was in December? Well... that's still about 2 months... that's not much v_v maybe he'll be put in quick and not really well worked on :/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey ChronoBound, in the Dark Samus section, shouldn't you take off the "Prime has had no representation" argument?
Yeah, I need to update that. Like somebody else said, Sakurai played Metroid Prime for the first ten minutes, got bored, and the Space Pirate Frigate is the result. ;)

Edit: Updated the information in the Metroid analysis.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'm hearing that Sonic and DK were taken out of the JumpFest demo for Kirby and Wario. Is there any proof of this?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Holy crap, Sakurai just confirmed classic Wario as an alternate costume for Wario. Too bad he says that Wario is the only one that can do this. Though I think there could be a hidden character that might have the same ability as Wario.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, that was.........strange. It's no Falcon, but it's pretty sweet in it's own right.

Doubt anyone is going to use the Ware outfit now.

Top Bottom