• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah, here is what Serebii said:

Providing my sources are accurate (everything they've told me has turned out true so far), there are characters that have not made the transition from Melee to Brawl, and not all of them were clones in Melee.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, here is what Serebii said:

Providing my sources are accurate (everything they've told me has turned out true so far), there are characters that have not made the transition from Melee to Brawl, and not all of them were clones in Melee.
Ok, that's a different quote from the one I was referring to or something, but characters does have an S in it in that one

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wish Serebii, would at least have told us how many characters are in the game, which would have at least proved one of the two (Nya or Serebii) to be a liar. I am thinking about submitting the Nya information to Serebii, afterall, he did deconfirm that other roster that was floating around the internet.

Edit: I just sent a Personal Message to Serebii regarding the info NyaseNya has, so if Serebii denies Nya's info as being true, then that means at least one of them is lying.

****, both are liars, I'm betting.

Liars or they just have bad info.

What are their sources, and what credentials does Nya have?

I don't even really give a crap what Serebii says anymore, being the biggest Pokémon fan site doesn't really matter when it's just one guy managing it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Ok, that's a different quote from the one I was referring to or something, but characters does have an S in it in that one
True, but that "characters" is in general reference to all characters cut from Brawl. The part of the sentence mentioning non-clones gives no hint as to number, since the "them" in it refers back to the general "characters" prior in the sentence. (Yeah, I remember enough of my English classes to pick out things like that.)

A Link to the Snitch said:
What are their sources, and what credentials does Nya have?
Sources are anonymous - Nya has claimed hers is someone in Nintendo of Europe, but cannot say who in order to protect him/her from losing his/her job. Serebii just mentions that he has a source in passing, giving no indication of who it may be.

Nya was the one who predicted the exact day of Sonic's dojo update on the Sonic thread three days in advance, supposedly because her source learned his update had been pushed up from its original time frame near the release. Other info she was giving thereafter seemed believable if not terribly interesting (technical stuff from what I saw), and it was only after she gave her 35 characters/Olimar/Toon Link/no Mega Man/etc post and predicted a second delay that most people stopped considering her credible. But if a second delay is a reality, well...

Zevox

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I thought the "Lucario" thing was fake BS from some guy who claimed to have gotten his info from Serebii, which was different to the quote you posted.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Two things

1)I mentioned this before. Serebii is a liar. There were numerous things. I'll try and find the post
2)The delay probably won't happen. We would probably have heard about it. And chances are, if it is delayed, it wouldn't be long (like a week similar to MP3). It's a bit late to delay it again, with almost a month left till launch. I will say if it doesn't happen soon, there will be no delay.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I just hope K. Rool will be in... I don't care for any other characters... (except for Mewtwo, Luigi and Falco)
I hope Ness is really still in...

Boofer

Smash Ace
Wind Waker Link, but no Ridley, Megaman, Marth or Mewtwo will be a stupid mistake. All four of those characters deserve it more imo...I really don't want another version of a character we already have unless it was Wolf Link and Midna. I REALLY hope that's not true, but it seems possible.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
...correct me if I'm wrong, but the very fact that we're discussing it means we have heard about it, no?

Zevox
From an actual source. Meaning Sakurai. If it is actually happening it will be at JumpFest. But at the same time if Sakurai needed even more time he would have gotten it in the first delay. Now, it might just be paranoia. Just wait and see, but don't lose sleep over it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah, it looks like Sakurai decided to do a Kirby Hat update. Now if only we would get a character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just got a response back from Serebii regarding Nya's inside information:

I do have inside information but I don't know it all so I cannot say for sure if its true or false

So looks like we are right back to square one...

theguyuknow

Smash Rookie
Not entriely. Diddy does a a pink shirt on...but that doesn't de-confirm Dixie. Mario has a yellow and purple outfit on and Wario is still in.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No but there is already a Dixie trophy which deconfirms her.
A trophy deconfirms?

I've heard some weird deconfirmation theories, but this takes the cake since in melee characters who were playable had more then one trophy each. At least other ones were things that no character both was and was playable previously, like stage hazards.

Let me say this once again, NOTHING IS DECONFIRMATION EXCEPTS SAKURAI'S EXPLICIT SAYSO!

Beyond saying that a character will not appear in the game, only ONE npc appearance has this distinction, Assist Trophies.

Anything else has a non-zero chance (granted, depending on the character and the npc appearence, it might be extremely small, but still, non-zero).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nya also said though, that they were going to change Snake's smash attacks because people had complained after seeing them. I HIGHLY doubt that is going to happen. Especially since they posted pics of Snake using them some time after that still

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
A trophy deconfirms?

I've heard some weird deconfirmation theories, but this takes the cake since in melee characters who were playable had more then one trophy each. At least other ones were things that no character both was and was playable previously, like stage hazards.

Let me say this once again, NOTHING IS DECONFIRMATION EXCEPTS SAKURAI'S EXPLICIT SAYSO!

Beyond saying that a character will not appear in the game, only ONE npc appearance has this distinction, Assist Trophies.

Anything else has a non-zero chance (granted, depending on the character and the npc appearence, it might be extremely small, but still, non-zero).
BULLS***

Look at he Dixie trophy. It clearly does not look like any of the trophies shown for other characters. Also, if Dixie truly was in the game, Sakurai would have either shown off Dixie before (in which she would look like her art work on the site) or he wouldn't have shown the trophy at all. Since when has Sakurai leeked info like this (beyond Peach).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All we got today was a little preview for the Suspace Emissary. Pretty poor for a Friday update. Oh well, at least the semester is over for me, and by the time I get back to college Brawl will be a little over a week from its Japanese release date. I am now going to be much more active in this thread than I have originally been.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All we got today was a little preview for the Suspace Emissary. Pretty poor for a Friday update. Oh well, at least the semester is over for me, and by the time I get back to college Brawl will be a little over a week from its Japanese release date. I am now going to be much more active in this thread than I have originally been.
The new update did further "deconfirm" Ness

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Please tell me more.
It showed Lucas using the bat as his forward Smash. THe only arguement for Ness was the Lucas' attacks were different. This showed that only some look different, they are basically the same.

He uses a stick though instead of a bat but it has the same animation and everything

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It showed Lucas using the bat as his forward Smash. THe only arguement for Ness was the Lucas' attacks were different. This showed that only some look different, they are basically the same.

He uses a stick though instead of a bat but it has the same animation and everything
Ouch, poor Ness keeps getting knocked down even more.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
On the rumors of a delay: Don't put too much stock in any of these rumors yet. We have one guy saying that he got an email that said that there was a delay and we had a guy from Gamestop say that. However, Gamestop also told me SSBB is rated E.

Seriously, until Sakurai says so, this game is coming out February 10th.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
You call this update poor? I am very disappointed in you.

Yes, poor Ness does look less and less likely as time passes. However this update has gotten me far more interested in Subspace again, ready to do some theorizing. :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
On the rumors of a delay: Don't put too much stock in any of these rumors yet. We have one guy saying that he got an email that said that there was a delay and we had a guy from Gamestop say that. However, Gamestop also told me SSBB is rated E.

Seriously, until Sakurai says so, this game is coming out February 10th.
Yes, and on that note, remember that these retailers get their info from the same place we do. Most of the time, they find out when we find out. So retailers won't do much until Nintendo tells everyone a release date. So, that means that the delay for Wal-Mart is probably for a different reason and not universal.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
where did they get the idea for subspace emissary?
My pants ;)

Also, it was nice to get a SSE update. It had been like, 6 weeks since the last one.

And it did give us some new information. We know that not all the characters will be in the SSE, so we found out more about who's in it, and who they're paired up with and things of that sort.

Top Bottom