• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* I was expecting a character update, looks like I was wrong. It also seems Sakurai is not done yet with the Game Mode updates yet. I really want there to be a new character but it seems that Sakurai may be done unveiling characters.
We're not getting any more characters.

I don't think hes done unveiling characters just yet. Even if hes only unveiling starters and third parties for hype purposes before the release, we should at least have Captain Falcon left, and maybe another third-party character too. We just may have to wait until January and the last couple of weeks before the release to get them...
A third party, maybe. But defiitely not Captain Falcon. Remember he was unlockable on SSB64, and it seems he'll be as well on Brawl. Brawl seems to have a lot of things taken from N64 which were lost in Melee...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
But with the shear amount of F-Zero stuff in the game so far (stickers, trophies and Gohor) he should probably be a starter. We haven't even gotten Zelda's specials yet, or her FS and Snake's as well. He is definatly not done with character updates. Maybe he's holding off on them till the last minute.

Zevox

Smash Lord
A third party, maybe. But defiitely not Captain Falcon. Remember he was unlockable on SSB64, and it seems he'll be as well on Brawl. Brawl seems to have a lot of things taken from N64 which were lost in Melee...
I don't think so. I doubt they'd have him as an unlockable again, considering hes likely the only representative for his series in addition to being a two-time veteran and one-time starter. Plainly he hasn't been revealed yet because he was once an unlockable - that pattern is obvious - but I don't think we have any evidence to cause us to assume hes gone back to unlockable status.

Zevox

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
*sigh* I was expecting a character update, looks like I was wrong. It also seems Sakurai is not done yet with the Game Mode updates yet. I really want there to be a new character but it seems that Sakurai may be done unveiling characters.
He screwed up. Today was the perfect opportunity to confirm Megaman, unless he does so tomorrow.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
He screwed up. Today was the perfect opportunity to confirm Megaman, unless he does so tomorrow.
nah it was a better opportunity to confirm Krystal! for only one reason though. Megaman is 3rd party and i wouldnt think Sakurai would put another 3rd party on the Dojo, but who knows?! Sakurai is unpredictable!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
nah it was a better opportunity to confirm Krystal! for only one reason though. Megaman is 3rd party and i wouldnt think Sakurai would put another 3rd party on the Dojo, but who knows?! Sakurai is unpredictable!
A better opportunity to confirm Krystal? You kidding? On Megaman's Anniversery Day, and you want to confirm Krystal? Cmon!!!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Why is it with Krystal fans ALL they talk about is Krystal being confirmed? Always seems they drag the conversation to that. I like Krystal and all, but some days I hope she becomes an AT.

I'm starting to think Megaman won't be in Brawl. He is one of those characters people assume is getting in, then many people believe, then all those people think it becomes fact. He only got a 2. That might not warrant the license trouble. Of course, what I said may be a bad example becuase it works better for some characters (like Tom Nook and WW Link) then Megaman. At this point, JumpFest is his last chance.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You know it's the truth. You would want Krystal to be updated on her anniversery, but if a crappy update appeared instead, you can't tell me you wouldn't be upset.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
You know it's the truth. You would want Krystal to be updated on her anniversery, but if a crappy update appeared instead, you can't tell me you wouldn't be upset.
shoot i dont even know when her anniversery is! but i want her on every day!(not a furry remark!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai decided to reaveal new Metroid stage, and it was actually Metroid Prime related! However, there were better locations he could have chosen from that game such as the Phendrana Drifts, Chozo Ruins, or the the Phazon Mines. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Still, it is nice to have a lava-free Metroid stage. Oh I also see that Sakurai just ruined Mother 3 for all the people that did not play it (Pokey's Theme). The good news is that in a few days I will be able to be more active in this thread, instead of being gone all day (except on weekends).

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone and their mother claim that Phendrana Drifts would be an awesome uber popular great fantastic Metroid stage? I'm starting to think it was only so widely suggested to counter the lava levels. :S

Anyway, I liked the stage.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
hmm chozo ruins would actualy be awesome but im also gettin bored of lava stages, wenever i see metroid im thinkin in my head lava, alien parasites and robot with a gun like megaman lol
thats wat always comes to mind after hearing metroid but the games are awesome and btw is that the first boss from mp??

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey, can all of you who have enjoyed my topic please nominate me for the Most Intelligent category, I think if I get nominated it might help to attract more attention to this topic.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Phendrana Drifts has good music, I think that's part of the reason why people like it.

I think that if they do any underwater stages Torvus Bog or Maridia would also be cool. Maridia has pretty awesome music too.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Still, it is nice to have a lava-free Metroid stage.
Oh, I absolutely concur on that one. Between the rising-lava-style stages in both Melee and the original, the lava in the background of the second Melee stage, and our new waves-of-lava style in Norfair, you'd think everything in the Metroid series was happening inside a volcano. Its nice the series finally got a little diversity in its stages. Maybe we'll get lucky and see a third stage from the series too (hey, Melee had 2 stages per series save FE, plus a third for some series, so it could happen) that will also be lava-less - I'd love the Chozo Ruins myself, but just about anything above-ground would be great to see.

Zevox

Machete

Smash Ace
Why does everyone and their mother claim that Phendrana Drifts would be an awesome uber popular great fantastic Metroid stage? I'm starting to think it was only so widely suggested to counter the lava levels. :S

Anyway, I liked the stage.
The floating platforms, maybe Sheegoths and the awesome music would made Phendrana a great stage.

Althought, the most unique stage would be a stage based on Echoes... Aether/Dark Aether FTW.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm alos glad to have a lava free stage. It really got annoying in Melee.
Aren't we all.

So, the updates are defiantly getting better. No more fillers. No more how to plays. It's been going good. We haven't had a character update in a while (normal characters update, not talking about reveal) so maybe we'll be in luck soon. Sakurai showed us the demo on the With Anyone update so I suspect that there will be at least one character we haven't seen yet. More waiting game I guess.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
The floating platforms, maybe Sheegoths and the awesome music would made Phendrana a great stage.

Althought, the most unique stage would be a stage based on Echoes... Aether/Dark Aether FTW.

Yeh....this new stage is kind of a bummer. I mean, if you compare it to all the other cool stages they could of had to represent Metroid instead of this. Its still cool, but I hope they will have more stages for Metroid. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Um, to all the people who come regularly to this topic, can you please nominate me for the Most Intelligent Poster category in the Forum awards? Here is a link:
http://smashboards.com/nominationbooth.php

Also, to those that do decide to vote for me, my username is ChronoBound (yes, the b in it needs to be capitalized).

I am hoping that if I get nominated, more people might be interested in my work, and thus come to one of my two most active threads (this one and the Roy support topic). By the way, how many votes does it take to be nominated?

Edit: Please note that voting ends tomorrow at 11:59 P.M. EST.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Voted, and not just for brownie points. I think you are very intelligent......... at least compared to other members here :p

EDIT:Guess that's actually *** kissing huh? :p

Voltor

Smash Rookie
So, the updates are defiantly getting better. No more fillers. No more how to plays. It's been going good. We haven't had a character update in a while (normal characters update, not talking about reveal) so maybe we'll be in luck soon. Sakurai showed us the demo on the With Anyone update so I suspect that there will be at least one character we haven't seen yet. More waiting game I guess.
I couldn't agree more! I've been so relieved for the past week. After the mind-numbingly inane WIDESCREEN update I was almost certain that Sakurai had completely run out of non-unlockable content. My biggest hope is that EVERYTHING he has shown us so far is unlocked from the start. This might indicate that every universe will have TWO starting stages just like Metroid has so far.

Anyways, the character I think is most likely to be added in Brawl is Krystal. I'm not a specific fan of hers, nor am I a furry, but I think that Brawl needs diverse characters from multiple franchises, and I think that Krystal is certainly diverse, and her moveset would accentuate her eccentricity.

I'm also surprised to see that Fusion Suit Samus is only making an appearance as a trophy and a color change. However, I suppose that Zamus is a more... diverse choice.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Erm, Vatti is listed in his analysis.

Though when checking I did see a discrepancy. Tingle is under the "most likely" section in the first post but under the "other characters" section in the Legend of Zelda part.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Erm, Vatti is listed in his analysis.

Though when checking I did see a discrepancy. Tingle is under the "most likely" section in the first post but under the "other characters" section in the Legend of Zelda part.
Yeah, I need to change that. I initially thought Tingle was likely because he is a far more important character than Wind Waker Link or Midna, and has appeared in more games than either of them. Not to mention he had two games of his own, he is basically the Zelda series's Yoshi. However, I moved him with the unlikely characters since I realized that his the fact that he is hated so much by Western Smash Bros. fans and due to his trophy, which lowers his chances.

Okay as for my comment as to this update, at least the item that was unveiled was new. We still did not receive a Character update or How To Play update this week, so I expecting those to be the updates for Thursday and Friday.

He won't be? Are you implying that Sakurai cares more about the minority than the majority?

And Aonuma is not "working on Brawl". He's supervising it somewhat.

Top Bottom