• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

...Your perception of Tingle's inclusion is based on *drumroll* your anti-Tingle bias.

How can you even be remotely objective if you hate the character this much?

So yes, some people in another country far away from Japan don't like him. People in Europe and Japan do like him. But oh wait, none of you are from those country, and your opinions are valued over all others.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Your perception of Tingle's inclusion is based on *drumroll* your anti-Tingle bias.

So yes, some people in another country far away from Japan don't like him. People in Europe and Japan do like him. But oh wait, none of you are from those country, and your opinions are valued over all others.

Why do you have bias against characters?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
'Cuz the way I see it...Jigglypuff is a character very few people seem to enjoy. So if that thing is in, why not have another character many people will not enjoy? Like Tingle! xD

But....I would actually enjoy Tingle. As long as he throws confetti and says "KOOLO-LIMPA!". :chuckle:
Jigglypuff is the second most popular and known pokemon

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I think Tingle is more worthy of showing up than Wind Waker Link or Midna, and want him to be the new punching bag of Brawl (since Pichu is likely going to be cut). However, I realize that Tingle is not likely since he is not as popular as Wind Waker Link or Midna, even in the country that dislikes him the least (Japan).

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
'Cuz the way I see it...Jigglypuff is a character very few people seem to enjoy. So if that thing is in, why not have another character many people will not enjoy? Like Tingle! xD

But....I would actually enjoy Tingle. As long as he throws confetti and says "KOOLO-LIMPA!". :chuckle:
Jigglypuff is the second most popular and known pokemon
Yea, Psycho beat me to the post, but I was pretty much going to post that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Uh, there are rumors going around that Brawl will be delayed again in North America. The new release date will be March 28, 2008.

Crap, hopefully the Japanese release date won't be delayed. I will go searching on some Japanese sites to see if there are any rumors of Japanese delay as well...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Uh, there are rumors going around that Brawl will be delayed again in North America. The new release date will be March 28, 2007.

Crap, hopefully the Japanese release date won't be delayed. I will go searching on some Japanese sites to see if there are any rumors of Japanese delay as well...
....If that is the case, I may have to consider killing myself. :******:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Basically. But...not many people enjoy playing as it in Smash Bros. :ohwell:

Tingle is a very popular and well-known Zelda character right? So why not him?
If people didn't like playable as Jigglypuff, Jiggs would be lowest tier. WHich is not the case.

Tier is basically just a popularity contest...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Uh, there are rumors going around that Brawl will be delayed again in North America. The new release date will be March 28, 2007.

Crap, I hope not. If that happens, aside from the obvious frustration among the fans and new wave of filler updates we'll get in the meantime, it'll mean NyaNysa has a new measure of credibility, since she made precisely this claim (sans the exact date) a few weeks ago. And one of her other claims was that Brawl's roster would be only 35 characters, with no Mega Man. Darn that'd be annoying.

Zevox

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice

Wait, can they move a release date back in time? I have to go buy my copy now!

Seriously though, that's already been debunked. The "Wal-Mart receipt" shows that the fella ordered it on Sep. 8, showing the Feb. 10 release date...but that was a month before the game was initially delayed from Dec. 3.

*EDIT* Bah, curse you and your "physical evidence." *EDIT* :(

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wait, can they move a release date back in time? I have to go buy my copy now!

Seriously though, that's already been debunked. The "Wal-Mart receipt" shows that the fella ordered it on Sep. 8, showing the Feb. 10 release date...but that was a month before the game was initially delayed from Dec. 3.
I changed it. However, I would not be too sure. I have an ominous feeling that the game is going to be dalyed again...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like more evidence to support the delay:

Originally Posted by Blade42:

i dont know how many of you guys have facebook but im in this group called global smash society and i got a message from the creator of the group stating the following:

Here's an excerpt from an email I received from Wal-Mart

Thank you for your recent purchase from Walmart.com. The
release date of your item(s) has changed.

The information listed below provides the new release date
and the date you can expect to receive your order.

================================================== =========
ORDER SUMMARY
------------------------------------------------------
Order Date: 08 SEP 2007 08:23 AM
Order Number: *******************

Description
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii
Original release date : 10 FEB 2008
New release date : 28 MAR 2008
Should arrive by : 09 APR 2008
Selected Shipping Method : Standard Shipping

================================================== ==========

Please note that Wal-Mart does not control this release date, which is set by the
manufacturer. This product will not be available for sale anywhere until the new
release date. We are sorry for any convenience this delay may cause.

If you wish to cancel this order, please call us soon at
1-800-966-6546 and a Customer Service associate will assist you.

If you do not cancel this order before we ship it, we will
assume that you consent to the delay in your order.

With that, this game better be all kinds of awesome.

-------------------------------------------

now i dont know how legit this is, considering the new release date says mar. 28 and says it should arrive by apr. 9 but i just wanted to throw this out there in case no one has seen this

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I changed it. However, I would not be too sure. I have an ominous feeling that the game is going to be dalyed again...
Well, delayed is better then cancelled, I suppose. Though I'm not ready to buy into it 'till we get word from the Dojo or Nintendo.

BTW, your character analysis made for a really good read, ChronoBound. I quite enjoyed it :)

peinoftherain

Smash Rookie
gah...I have the feeling since this is time of megaman's 20th anniversary, there will be a character update on megaman and a notification on a delay...

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Looks like more evidence to support the delay:

Originally Posted by Blade42:

i dont know how many of you guys have facebook but im in this group called global smash society and i got a message from the creator of the group stating the following:

Here's an excerpt from an email I received from Wal-Mart

Thank you for your recent purchase from Walmart.com. The
release date of your item(s) has changed.

The information listed below provides the new release date
and the date you can expect to receive your order.

================================================== =========
ORDER SUMMARY
Order Date: 08 SEP 2007 08:23 AM
Order Number: *******************

Description
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii
Original release date : 10 FEB 2008
New release date : 28 MAR 2008
Should arrive by : 09 APR 2008
Selected Shipping Method : Standard Shipping

================================================== ==========

Please note that Wal-Mart does not control this release date, which is set by the
manufacturer. This product will not be available for sale anywhere until the new
release date. We are sorry for any convenience this delay may cause.

If you wish to cancel this order, please call us soon at
1-800-966-6546 and a Customer Service associate will assist you.

If you do not cancel this order before we ship it, we will
assume that you consent to the delay in your order.

With that, this game better be all kinds of awesome.

-------------------------------------------

now i dont know how legit this is, considering the new release date says mar. 28 and says it should arrive by apr. 9 but i just wanted to throw this out there in case no one has seen this
NO!!! Walmart speaks LIES! Walmart is EVILLL!!! :mad:

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Nope, some guy said his local Gamestop said the same release date. It was changed to March and if this is true, I expect a lot more from Sakurai.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Crap, I hope not. If that happens, aside from the obvious frustration among the fans and new wave of filler updates we'll get in the meantime, it'll mean NyaNysa has a new measure of credibility, since she made precisely this claim (sans the exact date) a few weeks ago. And one of her other claims was that Brawl's roster would be only 35 characters, with no Mega Man. Darn that'd be annoying.

Zevox
Where did NyaseNya say that there will only be 35 characters in Brawl? I looked through his/her post history, and did not come across any posts saying just that.

Here is what he/she did say though regarding playable characters, the following characters are in:
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch
Toon Link (Wind Waker Link)
Ness

He/she also said that Mega Man is not in, and that Ridley has high chances of being a boss and nothing else.

Please direct me to the post where he/she says there are only going to be 35 characters in Brawl, I am curious to see it....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
They better have a good reason for delay this time.
The first delay was to perfect the game. Personally, I think if it does end up getting delayed again, it is because Sakurai is getting a little carried away with the Subspace Emissary.

Also, if he is going to delay the game again, he should at least offer the option to spoil the roster to people who want to know it. Seriously, Brawl is probably going to end up like Twilight Princess (not living up to the hype) if he keeps delaying it, because people will be expecting him to have at least 40 characters, when he is probably not even using the delay to add characters.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The first delay was to perfect the game. Personally, I think if it does end up getting delayed again, it is because Sakurai is getting a little carried away with the Subspace Emissary.

Also, if he is going to delay the game again, he should at least offer the option to spoil the roster to people who want to know it. Seriously, Brawl is probably going to end up like Twilight Princess (not living up to the hype) if he keeps delaying it, because people will be expecting him to have at least 40 characters, when he is probably not even using the delay to add characters.
I expect 35 as a minimum, nothing over 40. He really does need to give us some bit of info, not just post that he delayed a game, but maybe he'll give us the bad news and give us a character too, like with Sonic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I expect 35 as a minimum, nothing over 40. He really does need to give us some bit of info, not just post that he delayed a game, but maybe he'll give us the bad news and give us a character too, like with Sonic.
No, another third-party character would not make up for the delay a second time. If he really does end up delaying the game again, he should at least tell us how many characters are in the game. That would hold off my venom on Sakurai for at least a month.

Also, to all the people that did not vote for me yet, please be sure to vote for me in the Most Intelligent category in the Forum Awards. The nomination voting ends in less than six hours so I just wanted to get that out there.

Here is a link:
http://smashboards.com/nominationbooth.php

Remember my name is ChronoBound (the b in the name does need to be capitalized).

Hopefully, I get nominated.... Still nobody has answered my question on how many votes it takes to be nominated.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Where did NyaseNya say that there will only be 35 characters in Brawl? I looked through his/her post history, and did not come across any posts saying just that.

Here is what he/she did say though regarding playable characters, the following characters are in:
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch
Toon Link (Wind Waker Link)
Ness

He/she also said that Mega Man is not in, and that Ridley has high chances of being a boss and nothing else.

Please direct me to the post where he/she says there are only going to be 35 characters in Brawl, I am curious to see it....
It was the one that Gimpy edited to say it was fake. Same one where she claimed those characters were/weren't in. I recall it being commented on, either in that thread itself or in the Mega Man one, which was where I first learned about the post, although I never got the chance to see the original post itself.

Zevox

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm not saying it has to be a third party character, but hell we need one. It sucks not having one for a long time. With another possible delay, we're going to have even more horrible updates.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It was the one that Gimpy edited to say it was fake. Same one where she claimed those characters were/weren't in. I recall it being commented on, either in that thread itself or in the Mega Man one, which was where I first learned about the post, although I never got the chance to see the original post itself.

Zevox
I just found someone commenting on the 35 characters thing. In a way, it makes sense because if there are four rows that hold nine characters, technically there will be 36 slots. However, since a random icon has been confirmed via the demo character selection screen, there would probably only be 35 character icons in this scenario.

I'm not saying it has to be a third party character, but hell we need one. It sucks not having one for a long time. With another possible delay, we're going to have even more horrible updates.
Yes, I shudder to think of what "masterpieces" Sakurai is going to come up with. "How to pause", "How to run", etc.

As for 35 characters here is what it would probably be IF NyaseNya is not lying:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik (Sheik is likely to return in my opinion).
8. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
9. Yoshi
10. Kirby
11. Meta Knight
12. King Dedede
13. Fox
14. Pikachu
15. Pokemon Trainer
16. Ike
17. Lucas
18. Wario
19. Pit
20. Ice Climbers
21. Snake
22. Sonic
--------
Now for characters based off of what NyaseNya said:
23. Mr. Game & Watch
24. Ness
25. Captain Olimar
26. Toon Link (Wind Waker Link)
-------
Now for veterans that are practically safe:
27. Luigi
28. Captain Falcon
29. Ganondorf
-------
Now for characters that were confirmed via rumors (they are by now means confirmed though):
30. Jigglypuff (accidently leaked by David Hayer, the voice actor of Solid Snake)
31. Lucario (Serebii said that Lucario would be joining, but Mewtwo would be cut in the process)
32. Krystal (the whole voice actress thing, makes it seem likely that she will appear as a playable character unfortunately).

Basically, three mystery characters.

Who could these three be:

1. One of them is definitely a Fire Emblem character (why would Mother have more characters than Fire Emblem). Marth is likely the second Fire Emblem character. However, Serebii said that there would me more than one non-clone being cut, and since NyaseNya said Ness is returning, he can't be the second one. So it would have to be either Jigglypuff or Marth. If Marth does get cut, he will probably have somebody similar to him who has his moveset and stats. The only ones that could replace him in that regard would be Eliwood, Celice, and Eirika, and all three have stuff going against them. There is also the possibility that they axe Marth's moveset completely, and replace him with Micaiah.

2. A Retro character (Sukapon or Takamaru) or an Other character (Ray or Isaac).

3. Another Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, or F-Zero character.

However, this is all just speculation based off of whether Nyase is not a liar, which remains to be determined.

Zevox

Smash Lord
However, this is all just speculation based off of whether Nyase is not a liar, which remains to be determined.
Not to mention theres always the possibility that one delay or the other would be in order to add characters to the game, thereby making that portion of her info outdated. If she turns out to be the real deal, I pray thats the case.

Incidentally, you sure Serebii specifically said more than one non-clone got cut? I don't recall any specific number, just that not all cut characters were clones.
Plus theres always the chance Serebii's info is fake as well, so we don't necessarily need to go combining the two rumors.

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to mention theres always the possibility that one delay or the other would be in order to add characters to the game, thereby making that portion of her info outdated. If she turns out to be the real deal, I pray thats the case.

Incidentally, you sure Serebii specifically said more than one non-clone got cut? I don't recall any specific number, just that not all cut characters were clones.
Plus theres always the chance Serebii's info is fake as well, so we don't necessarily need to go combining the two rumors.

Zevox
He said SOME, which means more than 1

Top Bottom