• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Comments on your comments:

Luigi - personally, his second banana status makes me think that he'll remain hidden. I hope they replace the Fireball and Luigi Tornado with Thunderhand and Poltergeist 3000.

Geno - I won't deny he has the possibility of coming in, but I think that Bowser Jr. has a better chance, what with his importance to the main Marios since Sunshine.

Bowser Jr. - Eh? I could see that Bowser Jr. would have to borrow SOME moves, but there's so many moves that he has used or that Bowser has used - in New SMB, he slides on the ground and hides in his spiked shell, while Bowser has moves that Jr. could use such as the hammer, fire staff, etc. And Shadow Mario? He's got tons of moves:

B = Mud Ball
Smash B = Oil slick
Up B = Paint Portal
Down B = Transform
Final Smash = Paint Piranha

WW Link: AFAIC, he is not competing with Midna for a spot, she's definitely second to him. Also, he has a great moveset potential, what with having five different games featuring his design.

Tingle: Just because he was shown in trophy form does not exclude him - weren't Luigi and Ganondorf revealed as trophies in Melee?

Rick Wheeler: Not saying he should necessarily be playable, but how would you react if he turned out to *spoiler*
replace Captain Falcon, like he does in the anime?
*/spoiler*

Isaac: He'd be a cool enough character, but I don't believe they'll have begun development of any GS game soon enough for Sakurai to add him.

Animal Crossing: Actually, you forget that it has a total of: Music, Level, Assist Trophy, Series Icon, and Item. Also, a villager can be playable. There are four villagers in one town, and only two are seen in the stage. Also, a character doesn't have to be a fighter to be in. If that were true, we definitely wouldn't see G&W in Melee.

Advance Wars: AW would be perfect for the same reason you mentioned - it's only popular outside of Japan. It may not be popular anymore there, but it was popular back in the day. Also, a moveset would be quite easy:

B = Missile
Smash B = Stealth
Up B = Anti-Air
Down B = Air strike
Final Smash = Rail Turtle

Balloon Fighter: AFAIC, the fish deconfirms him. If Sakurai were going to make BF playable, they would give him a level. And if they gave him a level, the fish would definitely be an element of it.

Laughing Dog: I disagree, he's definitely more popular - practically everyone who owned an NES knows him.

Mike Jones: Like AW characters, he'd be a perfect American rep. And Zoda appearing in F-Zero is another plus for him.

Third parties: I don't see Mega Man or Pac-Man getting in. I think the best possible choice is Bomberman - namely, because he fits the cute role best (Snake is realistic and Sonic is "cool").

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Comments on your comments:

Luigi - personally, his second banana status makes me think that he'll remain hidden. I hope they replace the Fireball and Luigi Tornado with Thunderhand and Poltergeist 3000.

Geno - I won't deny he has the possibility of coming in, but I think that Bowser Jr. has a better chance, what with his importance to the main Marios since Sunshine.

Bowser Jr. - Eh? I could see that Bowser Jr. would have to borrow SOME moves, but there's so many moves that he has used or that Bowser has used - in New SMB, he slides on the ground and hides in his spiked shell, while Bowser has moves that Jr. could use such as the hammer, fire staff, etc. And Shadow Mario? He's got tons of moves:

B = Mud Ball
Smash B = Oil slick
Up B = Paint Portal
Down B = Transform
Final Smash = Paint Piranha

WW Link: AFAIC, he is not competing with Midna for a spot, she's definitely second to him. Also, he has a great moveset potential, what with having five different games featuring his design.

Tingle: Just because he was shown in trophy form does not exclude him - weren't Luigi and Ganondorf revealed as trophies in Melee?

Rick Wheeler: Not saying he should necessarily be playable, but how would you react if he turned out to *spoiler*
replace Captain Falcon, like he does in the anime?
*/spoiler*

Isaac: He'd be a cool enough character, but I don't believe they'll have begun development of any GS game soon enough for Sakurai to add him.

Animal Crossing: Actually, you forget that it has a total of: Music, Level, Assist Trophy, Series Icon, and Item. Also, a villager can be playable. There are four villagers in one town, and only two are seen in the stage. Also, a character doesn't have to be a fighter to be in. If that were true, we definitely wouldn't see G&W in Melee.

Advance Wars: AW would be perfect for the same reason you mentioned - it's only popular outside of Japan. It may not be popular anymore there, but it was popular back in the day. Also, a moveset would be quite easy:

B = Missile
Smash B = Stealth
Up B = Anti-Air
Down B = Air strike
Final Smash = Rail Turtle

Balloon Fighter: AFAIC, the fish deconfirms him. If Sakurai were going to make BF playable, they would give him a level. And if they gave him a level, the fish would definitely be an element of it.

Laughing Dog: I disagree, he's definitely more popular - practically everyone who owned an NES knows him.

Mike Jones: Like AW characters, he'd be a perfect American rep. And Zoda appearing in F-Zero is another plus for him.

Third parties: I don't see Mega Man or Pac-Man getting in. I think the best possible choice is Bomberman - namely, because he fits the cute role best (Snake is realistic and Sonic is "cool").
I think exactly the opposite as you do.

Machete

Smash Ace
His Poltergeist is almost sure, but Sakurai should keep the green Fireball. His thunderhand should be his smash attack. And of course he'll be unlockable, that's a tradition.

Isaac is popular. Golden Sun is a new, popular and good franchise, it should be represented.

Megaman is the most requested and popular third-party character now. Although Bomberman could be in, Megaman has better chances.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Specify, please?

I agree.

Even though I think Geno is not likely to get in, I asume his chances are much greater than Bowser Jr.

Man, we want new characters for Brawl, not the same Melee had in a different form. Bowser Jr., Dark Mario and WW Link would be completely awkward. Didn't we complain at clones?

Epic Fail. Tingle does not have the potential, the popularity and the nothing to be playable.

Rick Wheeler: Not saying he should necessarily be playable, but how would you react if he turned out to *spoiler*replace Captain Falcon, like he does in the anime?*/spoiler*

I higly doubt there'll be another F-Zero character, but if it does, well, why not.

Okay, now I hate you (not truly, but hey, almost). Isaac have a great moveset potential, is incredibly popular and cool, is part of Nintendo and not of Camelot, its game has a great OST, etc, etc. He's one of the characters with the most chances of getting in.

Well, why not. Agree.

It already has an AT, because there couldn't anything else done with it.

I don't agree with the arguments, but I also think BF won't be playable.

What the heck, he won't be playable at all.

Don't know that guy.

I agree that Bomberman has a lot of chances, but Megaman does, too. Perhaps even more than Bomberman.

Machete

Smash Ace
Epic Fail. Tingle does not have the potential, the popularity and the nothing to be playable.
In fact, Tingle is quite popular in Japan, and he's the most recurring character after Zelda, Link and Ganondorf.

I'm not a Tingle supporter, but you shouldn't ignore his popularity in Japan.

Isaac is popular. Golden Sun is a new, popular and good franchise, it should be represented.

I agree.

Even though I think Geno is not likely to get in, I asume his chances are much greater than Bowser Jr.

Man, we want new characters for Brawl, not the same Melee had in a different form. Bowser Jr., Dark Mario and WW Link would be completely awkward. Didn't we complain at clones?

Rick Wheeler: Not saying he should necessarily be playable, but how would you react if he turned out to *spoiler*replace Captain Falcon, like he does in the anime?*/spoiler*

I higly doubt there'll be another F-Zero character, but if it does, well, why not.

Okay, now I hate you (not truly, but hey, almost). Isaac have a great moveset potential, is incredibly popular and cool, is part of Nintendo and not of Camelot, its game has a great OST, etc, etc. He's one of the characters with the most chances of getting in.

Well, why not. Agree.

It already has an AT, because there couldn't anything else done with it.

I don't agree with the arguments, but I also think BF won't be playable.

What the heck, he won't be playable at all.

Don't know that guy.

I agree that Bomberman has a lot of chances, but Megaman does, too. Perhaps even more than Bomberman.
1. A two-game franchise on a last-gen system whose last game was four years ago =/= new.

2. Why would you even assume that? 0% of the platformers released since SMS have NOT featured Bowser Jr. - in fact, 0% didn't feature him as a primary antagonist, and in two of them, he was equal in importance to Bowser (in fact, he was far more common as well). He's the most likely Mario rep, that's simple fact.

3. ...So then Luigi's out? Luigi's more of a clone than Wind Waker Link or Bowser Jr. - how could you even REMOTELY suggest that either of them could not have a moveset? I can make a moveset for both without even thinking. They have dozens of potential moves - more than Luigi has. Your logic is absolutely horrible.

4. ...Yeah, I forgot - America is the only factor in Tingle's popularity. He's had two games starring ONLY him, has been in more Zelda games than almost every single Zelda character ever created, and has plenty of moves to make a moveset. But hey, don't let fact hurt your argument.

5. Why? His games were good, and they were popular. But you know what that means? It doesn't mean "greatest game ever" or "best-selling game ever". They don't even have PLANS to make a new GS. They just said "it'd be cool". So basially, last-gen reps all of a sudden are the best choices?

6. They couldn't do it? Wow. I didn't know we had SSBB developers here! I guess they also couldn't make a moveset for Captain Falcon, because Samurai Goroh is an Assist. And don't let the fact that I made a moveset in less than one minute using only content from the games and not including any guns. I'm REALLY sure Sakurai is such an incredible failure that he can't make a moveset for a character in an 11-game series, but some random, unimportant gamer can.

7. Based on...? Unless you are making the game, you aren't in the position to say that a character from one of the best-selling video games ever created and one of the most recognizable characters in Nintendo history could not get in. Someone gave a very, very good moveset, involving throwing a clay pigeon, using ducks to recover, etc.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
4. ...Yeah, I forgot - America is the only factor in Tingle's popularity. He's had two games starring ONLY him, has been in more Zelda games than almost every single Zelda character ever created, and has plenty of moves to make a moveset. But hey, don't let fact hurt your argument.

Not that I disagree with Tingle being in, but him being in more Zelda games than almost every single Zelda character? xD

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Tingle is actually quite hated world-widely, not Japan.

His favorable fanbase is crushed by his hatebase (omg, new word, isn't it!?)

Let's see...

Link
Zelda
Ganon

Usual suspects out of the way now.

Tingle - Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures.

Six games, not counting Tingle's Balloon Fight DS or Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupee-Land.

Also, his "hate-base" is only in North America. There is little hate in Europe, and none in Japan. Think about this: Japan likes Tingle, North America doesn't. Please, ask yourself who he cares most about.

Another opinion that will never ever be relevant to the roster.

The only reason people don't like Tingle is he's "teh ghey".

And anyone who uses that reasoning to hate a character should have been aborted, because we need less idiots in the world.

Unless you're complaining about how he rips the player off, even though he regularly helps the player.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Let's see...

Link
Zelda
Ganon

Usual suspects out of the way now.

Tingle - Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, The Wind Waker, The Minish Cap, Four Swords Adventures.

Six games, not counting Tingle's Balloon Fight DS or Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupee-Land.

Also, his "hate-base" is only in North America. There is little hate in Europe, and none in Japan. Think about this: Japan likes Tingle, North America doesn't. Please, ask yourself who he cares most about.
Interesting! Didn't know he was in Oracle of Seasons and Ages. You learn something new everyday. :)

XACE-K

Smash Master
Why are you people still talking about Tingle? I hate him but if his in, just use him as a punching bag. That's what I would do.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
There is no need for them to rehash another character already in the game, merely because he has a different graphical style.

You also forgot the fact that he is the dominant form of Link, featured in more games than realistic Link.

Oh, fun fact: cartoony Link is more popular in Japan than realistic Link.

I'm sure Sakurai would leave out the form PREFERRED by Japanese.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*sigh* Looks like the drought will be going on for a while still. CoroCoro is the only hope for information relating to characters now.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Tonights update made me want to bang my head into a brick wall, wow, thats all there is to it. I can honestly say this makes Bonsly look like Shiek. ><

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Apparently, Brawl is going to be playable at Jumpfest 08 in Japan on December 22 and 23. Maybe we will get the starting roster there considering that Brawl will only be a month from its Japanese release date by then.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Apparently, Brawl is going to be playable at Jumpfest 08 in Japan on December 22 and 23. Maybe we will get the starting roster there considering that Brawl will only be a month from its Japanese release date by then.
Wait, Jumpfesft. Isn't that the Square-Enix event.

Although, I think it might just be the same demo. We'll have to see. I'm sure nice stuff will come as we get closer to launch. It's coming on pretty quickly. Less then 2 months left.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Well, I wouldn't expect any character until January. At this point, it seems clear Sakurai is not willing to post anything about them.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
GAWD NOT ALL KRYSTAL FANS ARE FURRIES!!!!THATS ONLY WHAT YOU LOOK FOR!!!!

the starfox series died because of the time span between 64 and adventures was so long. adventures surprised everyone and salse went crazy! but command let everyone down now everyone is asking for a game either like adventures of assault because they were great games!

get you info straight before you go posting like that!

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion

the starfox series died because of the time span between 64 and adventures was so long. adventures surprised everyone and salse went crazy! but command let everyone down now everyone is asking for a game either like adventures of assault because they were great games!

Chill pill . . . You want one?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

the starfox series died because of the time span between 64 and adventures was so long. adventures surprised everyone becuase it was a terrible adventure game about collecting and not shooting and salse went crazy becuase there was hype for it. then Nintendo dropped Rare. but command brought everyone's hopes up in that Fox flys the entire game and players hope for Starfox 64x2 and NOT games where he is on foot.

fix'd for GREAT JUSTICE.

raul

Smash Lord
To ChronoBound, I've been examining your thoughts on the Fire Emblem cast and I personally believe that while your selections for possible characters are excellent, I believe we may see more character from Radiant Dawn and here is why. Nintendo has used updated verisons of both Link and Zelda from their most recent game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Nintendo has also used Lucas from their most recent Earthbount/Mother series games, Mother 3. Ike has already been included from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It appears to me that Nintendo is using the most recent characters of a game series. So we could get more Micahala from FE: RD, a LoZ: TP updated look of Ganondorf, possibly Claus for the Mother series and then maybe character from past series like Marth, or Sigurd, Ness, etc.

Using the most current design of Link and Zelda is for aesthetic reasons - people identify with these versions of them because they just saw them in the most recent Zelda game.

Ike already covers a "current" character, another one would be redundant.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, now that both Options and Sound Test out of the way, Sakurai is running out of old game modes to show. I think either today or tomorrow will most likely be a character update. If we do get a new character this week, it will probably be Sheik (because of CoroCoro).

Top Bottom