• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Seems like we're about due for All Star Mode to be re-announced. Aside from Adventure Mode (which I suspect may have been scrapped due to the introduction of the far-superior Subspace Emissary) its the only mode from Melee we're missing, if memory serves.

Zevox

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Heh, looks like our only character update for the whole week is another Final Smash. There are only three Final Smashes that have not yet been up on the site, and they are for Sonic, Snake, and Zelda. Tomorrow will probably be a game mode or stage update.
Ya forgot Zero Suit Samus.

And I think he could also throw in a "Multi Man Melee" (updated with a new name of course), as it was in the Stadium along with Targets and Home-Run Contest, both of which have been profiled.

And thanks for the cookie!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Seems like we're about due for All Star Mode to be re-announced. Aside from Adventure Mode (which I suspect may have been scrapped due to the introduction of the far-superior Subspace Emissary) its the only mode from Melee we're missing, if memory serves.

Zevox
Actually, I don't expect Sakurai to show All-Star Mode until all the characters are unveiled. Here is a list of modes from previous games that he has not shown yet:

Board the Platforms (if he decides to bring it back)
Multi-Man Melee
Item Switch or Custom Rules (afterall he decides to dedicate an entire update to handicaps)
Sound Test (though I think he won't show it until the game is released since it is usually something you unlock)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Actually, that's true. Didn't you need all the characters before All-Star mode was available?

We probably won't be seeing it for a while, then.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually, I don't expect Sakurai to show All-Star Mode until all the characters are unveiled. Here is a list of modes from previous games that he has not shown yet:

Board the Platforms (if he decides to bring it back)
Multi-Man Melee
Item Switch or Custom Rules (afterall he decides to dedicate an entire update to handicaps)
Sound Test (though I think he won't show it until the game is released since it is usually something you unlock)
Item switch was revealed on the most current update, tucked at the bottom of the section (saying how you could turn smashballs off).

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Item Switch was revealed far before that, in the Tourney update.

And even if we have seen it before, recent updates have shown Sakurai doesn't mind showing us things twice.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Holy crap, looks like Sakurai just talked about hidden characters:

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.

Also, the character selection screen is still the one from E4ALL. Curse you Sakurai and your deceiving ways!

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
That guy is a hacker! Snake and Zelda were in the match but not on the selection screen! HACKER!

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Look at it this way: If he used the demo screen in lieu of the actual starter screen, it probably means we haven't seen them all yet.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In one week, we should be getting those CoroCoro scans. Hopefully, we will get at least one character next week (it will probably be Sheik if that booklet is detailing all the character moves and Final Smashes). Also, I too hope that all the characters are unveiled in that booklet, however, that is very doubtful and I think the most we will be getting out of it will be the confirmation or de-confirmation of Sheik.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, exactly because of what you said, they would only keep her for her moveset, I think Zelda needs to not have a transformation to bring her down, let alone one like Sheik which is no longer relevant to the Zelda series.
However, this isn't TP Zelda in Smash, it's SMASH Zelda...

SMASH Zelda fallows her own storyline

vesperview

Smash Hero

It is TP Zelda regardless, not only because the Goddesses of the triforce are a part of her moveset, which is something that all Zelda's share (the triforce), but because Zelda's moveset is justified due to the lack of moveset potential she has in all of the Zelda games aside from Light arrows.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It is TP Zelda regardless, not only because the Goddesses of the triforce are a part of her moveset, which is something that all Zelda's share (the triforce), but because Zelda's moveset is justified due to the lack of moveset potential she has in all of the Zelda games aside from Light arrows.
No, it's not...It just looks like her. She fallows her own storyline in Smash, and is nothing but a sculpted plastic statue shaped like Zelda existing in another world.

It's not TP Zelda and didn't live the same "Life" TP Zelda did

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
lol

No, it's not...It just looks like her. She fallows her own storyline in Smash, and is nothing but a sculpted plastic statue shaped like Zelda existing in another world.

Well, exactly because of what you said, they would only keep her for her moveset, I think Zelda needs to not have a transformation to bring her down, let alone one like Sheik which is no longer relevant to the Zelda series.

Lol, you guys are ridiculous. Sheik will stay. I am willing to bet that they correct Sheik and Zelda to play how they originally wanted them to play. Either that, or they've let them stand similarly to how they used to be with minor adjustments, or they've given up on the two playing harmoniously and made them seperate characters, and Pokemon Trainer will be the new guaranteed need-to-transform-to-play-right character.

vesperview

Smash Hero

I'm sorry but that makes no sense, just because characters follow their own storylines in Smash doesn't mean they are not representing the games they are meant to represent.

Lol, you guys are ridiculous. Sheik will stay. I am willing to bet that they correct Sheik and Zelda to play how they originally wanted them to play. Either that, or they've let them stand similarly to how they used to be with minor adjustments, or they've given up on the two playing harmoniously and made them seperate characters, and Pokemon Trainer will be the new guaranteed need-to-transform-to-play-right character.
Lol, you are ridiculous for thinking Sheik is a shoe-in and that she could get her own spot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sorry but that makes no sense, just because characters follow their own storylines in Smash doesn't mean they are not representing the games they are meant to represent.

Lol, you are ridiculous for thinking Sheik is a shoe-in and that she could get her own spot.
She isn't representing one single game, but a series, and is her own incarnation.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
Won't ZSamus be a need-to-transform-to-play-right character too? Although I'm not sure who would really want to be her...xD

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
i frakin don't want sheik!!! her moveset is not an excuse!!!
GIVE IT TO IMPA!!!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i frakin don't want sheik!!! her moveset is not an excuse!!!
GIVE IT TO IMPA!!!
Impa is much less important than Sheik was in Ocarina of Time. At least think of a character that would eclipse Sheik in importance and would make sense to inherit her moveset if you despise her so much.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Impa is much less important than Sheik was in Ocarina of Time. At least think of a character that would eclipse Sheik in importance and would make sense to inherit her moveset if you despise her so much.
Impa believe it or not has been somewhat reoccurring to the series, I would have taken Impa instead of Sheik in Melee in a heartbeat, Sheik without being Zelda's alter ego is a nobody.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Impa believe it or not has been somewhat reoccurring to the series, I would have taken Impa instead of Sheik in Melee in a heartbeat, Sheik without being Zelda's alter ego is a nobody.
I think the last Zelda game that Impa was in was one of the Oracle games or Ocarina of Time. Other than that, she has not physically appeared in a lot of games like you said. Also, I don't want the Zelda series to be just be represented by Twilight Princess, so Sheik would be a very welcome addition.

Zelda's profile was put up in late June, yet there has not been an update for her since then, why? If Sheik did get cut, Sakurai would not have procrastinated as long as he has to deconfirm her. There was a lot of debate as to whether Lucas would be taking Ness's moveset, and Sakurai eventually did answer that question about that a little over a month after Lucas's profile was put up on the Dojo. It has been over five months since he put up Zelda's profile, yet he has yet to show anything on her. As a matter of fact, she is the only character on the Dojo that has not received an update. Also, every special-move of Zelda has been confirmed through some sort of video footage except for her Down-B. I think that Sheik will either be still activated via Down-B, or through a Final Smash. CoroCoro cannot come soon enough...

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think the last Zelda game that Impa was in was one of the Oracle games or Ocarina of Time. Other than that, she has not physically appeared in a lot of games like you said. Also, I don't want the Zelda series to be just be represented by Twilight Princess, so Sheik would be a very welcome addition.

Zelda's profile was put up in late June, yet there has not been an update for her since then, why? If Sheik did get cut, Sakurai would not have procrastinated as long as he has to deconfirm her. There was a lot of debate as to whether Lucas would be taking Ness's moveset, and Sakurai eventually did answer that question about that a little over a month after Lucas's profile was put up on the Dojo. It has been over five months since he put up Zelda's profile, yet he has yet to show anything on her. As a matter of fact, she is the only character on the Dojo that has not received an update. Also, every special-move of Zelda has been confirmed through some sort of video footage except for her Down-B. I think that Sheik will either be still activated via Down-B, or through a Final Smash. CoroCoro cannot come soon enough...
I'm thinking Zelda update this week, anyway, I doubt everything will be TP, since Cell Shaded Link is a shoe-in.

But Impa is ugly
True, but lack of good looks hasn't stopped characters like Ganondorf from making it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The popularity and impact of his three games, not to mention the whole make over that it gave to the Zelda series, which deserves representation.
Will and should are very different things.

As much as I would love Cell-shaded Link to appear as an individual character, I find no evidence to indicate he'll actually appear.

Of course he's possible....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So in 2.5 hours we shall see what will be this week's first update. I am guessing either an item or a how to play. If a character does get revealed this week, it will probably be Sheik because of CoroCoro.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, looks like we get a Pokeball update as our first update this week, I'm not sure whether Bonsly's existence in Brawl was known since E4ALL or not, but I guess it is something new. I am just hoping that CoroCoro wil delive the goods as far as new information goes.

Top Bottom