• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Boofer

Smash Ace
King Dedede as a starter = good news. It gives me a little more hope for a larger roster size...which could mean my boy Isaac might make it :).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If we don't get a character tonight, then this will have been the first month we have gone without a character profile. Here's hoping...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Time-wise, it has already been more than a month without a character update. King Dedede was shown October 25th, which is 35 days ago.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Time-wise, it has already been more than a month without a character update. King Dedede was shown October 25th, which is 35 days ago.

Zevox
Yeah, it has been well over a month since the last character reveal. However, I am talking about a whole month with a name (September, October, etc.)

Boofer

Smash Ace
One thing about Dedede likelihood as a starter. What does this mean about another Kirby unlockable? It seems weird that a franchise with 3 reps won't have any unlockables....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One thing about Dedede likelihood as a starter. What does this mean about another Kirby unlockable? It seems weird that a franchise with 3 reps won't have any unlockables....
The Kirby series only has three significant characters, and all three of them are already playable in Brawl. Unless Sakurai is planning on having 50 characters in Brawl I don't think there will be a fourth Kirby character. However, I do think it is disturbiong considering he has not even bothered to show Captain Falcon yet or give Metroid a proper second representative.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
If there was another Kirby character, I believe I know who I would like it to be, personally. The TAC enemy from Kirby Super Star on SNES. I think that he would be a pretty cool character. Instead of just copying their B move like Kirby, he would actually turn into that character. He could then dispose of the copy by taunting. It's just a thought.

I don't really want another Kirby character, but I do want the character drought to end. I believe that Sakurai is going to end this month with a sucky update, however. I'm not sure why, but it just seems like the thing to do right now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Holy crap! What an awesome update! He is bringing back old stages, and one of them is Hyrule Temple! Hyrule Temple was one of my favorite stages. Now just give me a character Sakurai.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, the good news is that the CoroCoro scans should probably end up on the net two weeks from today. However, I am growing increasingly pessimistic that it won't be the full roster, and it might not even be all the starting characters (meaning we won't get the character selection screen which would at least help us get an idea on how many characters there are in the game). Well, at least we will get Zelda's special moves.....

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, the good news is that the CoroCoro scans should probably end up on the net two weeks from today. However, I am growing increasingly pessimistic that it won't be the full roster, and it might not even be all the starting characters (meaning we won't get the character selection screen which would at least help us get an idea on how many characters there are in the game). Well, at least we will get Zelda's special moves.....
Well, we'll just have to wait and see. But, will CoroCoro give use special moves as well?

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Just like how Ice Climbers...

A. are not mascots for nintendo
B. starred in one game
C. did not even have a cameo

Just like how Pit...

A. Is not a mascot for nintendo
B. starred in two games, one that didnt even release in japan
C. did not have a cameo anywhere

Just like how Lucas...

B. starred in one game that hasn't even been released in america and WILL NEVER according to Nintendo

Just like how Ness...

B. starred in one game that sold extremely poorly in America, resulting in Mother 3 not being shipped stateside

The list goes on, but I don't feel like going through everything just to say you have an extremely weak argument against Geno.
Actually pit had cameos in Warioware on some of the retro minigames

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thanks for the compliment. Also, the rumor is only applying to Japan.
It's the rumor saying they'll get something like Gamestop got with Galaxy. It's not unlikely for us to get it here. I wouldn't doubt it, but we'd probably get it later.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Only to Japan?! What about N.A.? Were special.:(
There might be one for NA in the works. Might not. The rumor came from a Japanese site so it wouldn't know either way. I'd assume we'd get something like this in Gamestops, but we'll have to see.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its funny, had the game not been delayed, we probably would have known the whole roster by now, which would have made this topic useless.

Boofer

Smash Ace
*wants to see what chronobound says about the new Famitsu rumor*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*wants to see what chronobound says about the new Famitsu rumor*
Okay I just read about the Famitsu "rumor". First off, the person who is talking about it says that it is coming from Sakurai's own written word, so it would not be a rumor. Second, I have visited a lot of Japanese forums and sites and I have yet to see anyone else mention this (why would an English-spoeaking forum get this info before a Japanese-speaking one). Third, the ten hour Subspace Emissary part is definitely a rumor that is floating around on Japanese forums. I hope that helps. To me this rumor seems as though it is another thing that someone made up on the spot, especially considering the source (NSider2).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like the rumor may actually be true.

Source: http://boards.ign.com/super_smash_bros_/b5213/154938075/p1

Sakurai recently said he will make and improve SSBB as optimum as possible.

He also said there will be many playable characters, more than you can imagine, and he said the team is still adding and programming characters. There will be more 3rd party characters too.

The combo control, he said, is relatively easy to control
But to those who already played Melee, he recommends the GC controller

The best news is that SE will be in the best quality that is fun to play alone. It takes more than 10 hours to complete the story mode.

Source: Famitsu

heres the link for those who want it
http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nin02&num=13156&main=nin
(I hope you can read japanese or whatever its in)

This is what I heard on another forum and I didn't translate it myself, just keep that in mind OK?

Cheers!

Hmmm, I hope this ton of characters does not mean clone overload.

Credit goes to verditude for linking to the IGN post.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think you should just make one big topic of all these little things you've found. You always seem to be changing the main title to add something new.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Looks like the rumor may actually be true.
Really? Fascinating. Unless Sakurai were greatly exaggerating in his comment about the characters (I'd take it to mean there will be more characters than is generally expected if this is true), that would be the best news we've had in a more than month.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hahahahahah, Sakurai (or Nate Bihldorff, the guy who translates the updates into English) justed pwned the competitive Smash Bros. community. "Real men use items." However, I am a tad disappointed that we did not get a new character revealed on the original Brawl release date. If there are really a ton of characters in Brawl and "more than we can imagine", then why he is holding off on showing any more characters?

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahahah, Sakurai justed pwned the competitive Smash Bros. community. "Real men use items." However, I am a tad disappointed that we did not get a new character revealed on the original Brawl release date. If there are really a ton of characters in Brawl and "more than we can imagine", then why he is holding off on showing any more characters?
Maybe because now the rest are hidden characters, or characters too awesome for the normal game (Captain Falcon, Ganondorf) with the exclusion of snake. From what I can tell, is that all the characters seen, save for the third party characters, are all starters.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Hahahahahah, Sakurai (or Nate Bihldorff, the guy who translates the updates into English) justed pwned the competitive Smash Bros. community. "Real men use items." However, I am a tad disappointed that we did not get a new character revealed on the original Brawl release date. If there are really a ton of characters in Brawl and "more than we can imagine", then why he is holding off on showing any more characters?
Hidden characters. This is what I was always expecting. We probably won't get anymore than 2 more starters, if that many...

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm....going back to some Japanese message boards, I'm hearing a lot of Klonoa (epescially that rumor, or "faint rumor" as one board described it) and Megaman.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I agree with your Pokémon Predictions. They are much better than Wiseguy's IMO. Thats all I really care about to be honest. Fox is my other Main and he is in already. I need Jigglypuff and I'm set. I would also love Lucario. To me he seems the most likely.

I don't understand why Captain Falcon hasn't been revealed yet. I really love his overly macho-ness. I need to hear him announce his moves so I have time to get away. He rules. I am hoping he comes this week though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The Klonoa rumor I don't get as much. From what it seems, a VA said that she is doing a voice for a big name Nintendo game. Doesn't mention Smash bros. Doesn't mention Klonoa. Seems like the Megaman thing from a while back that was just SF4.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
The Klonoa rumor I don't get as much. From what it seems, a VA said that she is doing a voice for a big name Nintendo game. Doesn't mention Smash bros. Doesn't mention Klonoa
Well, she doesn't have to say if she doesn't want to, right?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, there seems to be Geno rumor floating around saying that Geno will be confirmed tonight or this week as a playable character. I would extremely happy if we did get a character tonight, however, I have been hearing that this rumor is unreliable. Also, thanks to LCHSGoBigRed for giving me the heads up about this rumor.

Top Bottom