• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just found a new rumor. Apparently, there will be demos installed at Japanese stores in mid-December. If it is the full-game, expect a Japanese Smash fanatic to get their hands on the game and leak everything thats in the game (much like what happened with Super Mario Galaxy). Perhaps this is why CoroCoro might be revealing the full roster.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I just found a new rumor. Apparently, there will be demos installed at Japanese stores in mid-December. If it is the full-game, expect a Japanese Smash fanatic to get their hands on the game and leak everything thats in the game (much like what happened with Super Mario Galaxy). Perhaps this is why CoroCoro might be revealing the full roster.
Interesting. Where do you find these?

I'm thinking it might end up being the demo, similar to Melee's demo. I assume we'll also get one in the future.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I wonder how the Japanese felt about Pokemon Trainer. *grins* And who do they feel will be the new Pokemon? I'm still thinking Pachirisu could make it personally, because I've seen him on a lot more merchandise than Lucario and he belongs to a main character in the anime, with a lot of screentime.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder how the Japanese felt about Pokemon Trainer. *grins* And who do they feel will be the new Pokemon? I'm still thinking Pachirisu could make it personally, because I've seen him on a lot more merchandise than Lucario and he belongs to a main character in the anime, with a lot of screentime.
Actually, Red (now Pokemon Trainer) was one of the most requested Pokemon characters (the only one requested more than him was Lucario).

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Gotta say it... Gotta say it...

A WHOLE **** MONTH WITHOUT A NEWCOMER!!

Curse you, Sakurai!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just found some interesting Japanese opinions regarding Fire Emblem. On a very large Japanese Fire Emblem fansite, there was a poll regarding who was their favorite Radiant Dawn character. Let's just say there were some very interesting results...

Edit: I guess nobody is curious to hear them....

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
I just found some interesting Japanese opinions regarding Fire Emblem. On a very large Japanese Fire Emblem fansite, there was a poll regarding who was their favorite Radiant Dawn character. Let's just say there were some very interesting results...

Edit: I guess nobody is curious to hear them....

It was Sothe, wasn't it?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well don't leave me hanging! Spill! (please)
http://www.wonder-egg.com/dawn/amuse/votec/votec.cgi

Here are the results (the number of votes are in parathesises):

1. Mia (1,444)
2. Ike (1,406)
12. Sothe (818)
25. Micaiah (263)
29. Black Knight (141)

Apparently the Japanese really, really like Mia (though this porbably only shows that she is maybe has a good shot at being an Assist Trophy). They like Sothe much, much more than Micaiah (she is ranked 25th out of the characters from Radiant Dawn). And Micaiah is more popular than the Black Knight. I think I may have underestimated Sothe's chances. However, I think I was spot on about the Black Knight.

Edit: Heh, I was reading some comments on Mia, and one them liked her for her stat increase, as well as her "chest increase". Others said they liked her because they thought she was the hottest character in the game and some thought she was the best swordmaster. They like Sothe because of how awesome he became between the three years after Path of Radiance, and feel he is one of most useful members of the Dawn Brigade. They also think his design is cool, and one person (perhaps female) thought he was attractive.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow, I could of sworn that this update had information that was already in past updates, and the only new thing was "shake a smash", which people have known since E4ALL. On the plus side, there are less than two months until Brawl is released in Japan. I am guessing that the character drought will end this week, and the character will be Captain Falcon.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I could of sworn that this update had information that was already in past updates, and the only new thing was "shake a smash", which people have known since E4ALL. On the plus side, there are less than two months until Brawl is released in Japan. I am guessing that the character drought will end this week, and the character will be Captain Falcon.
They must have been psychic, then, as only the Classic Controller and Wiimote schemes were playable at E for All.

And that is interesting stuff in regards to FE10. Personally I never saw the Micaiah appeal anyway, people seemed to gravitate toward everr because"she's female."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nothing happened in today's update that can be used to alter any of my analyses. Well, at least Sakurai mentioned Game & Watch.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One the other hand, check this out

Just added today
It would be something if Dr. Mario did end up returning, I mean him returning would be the WTF character of Brawl. However, I think most people would say his return is still very unlikely.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Love the stuff your doing!

Also, I must ask how popular is Issac in Japan? Also, does he stand a chance?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Love the stuff your doing!

Also, I must ask how popular is Issac in Japan? Also, does he stand a chance?
Isaac is quite popular in Japan. He is by far the most requested character from Golden Sun, and I see a lot of Japanese Smash Bros. fans requesting him. I am not too sure about his chances, seeing as how Golden Sun series has only had two installments to date (however, so does Pikmin). Also, out of the characters I mentioned in the Other category, I feel that he is the third-most likely (behind only Captain Olimar and Ray).

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
My question is the animal crosser... i 'm with you, 50/50 chance, but animal crosser is such a weird name... maybe you can name him? i'm not sure...

i want geno in, doubt it will happen though.

keep up the good work.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My question is the animal crosser... i 'm with you, 50/50 chance, but animal crosser is such a weird name... maybe you can name him? i'm not sure...

i want geno in, doubt it will happen though.

keep up the good work.
Yeah, I'm not sure what Sakurai's team would name the human you play as in Animal Crossing as. Afterall, he decided to call the generic-person in the Game & Watch games Mr. Game & Watch. Anyways, thanks for the compliment.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I heard the name Ace tossed around for the Animal Crosser. Something to do with Animal Crosser E or something like that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, Wario's Final Smash seems interesting. I wonder if Ganondorf's Final Smash will allow him to transform into Ganon. Well, I guess we might go another week without a new character. =/

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
3,0,3,0 pattern:

August: 3 Never before seen Newcomers(Ike, PT, Diddy)
September 0 Never before seen Newcomers
October: 3 Never before seen Newcomers(Lucas,Sonic,DDD)
Nov:0

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is quite popular in Japan. He is by far the most requested character from Golden Sun, and I see a lot of Japanese Smash Bros. fans requesting him. I am not too sure about his chances, seeing as how Golden Sun series has only had two installments to date (however, so does Pikmin). Also, out of the characters I mentioned in the Other category, I feel that he is the third-most likely (behind only Captain Olimar and Ray).

This pleases me. Isaac is my most wanted for Brawl, and if the Japanese are giving him the same support I see on this forum, then that is excellent. :)

However, I do feel I should mention the game thing is pretty irrelevant. Ice Climbers have 1, and Pit had 2 (Including a non-japanese release). Ness had only one and a cameo in Mother 3. MArth appeared in 2 (although admittedly as a small part of a bigger franchise). Roy was from an unreleased game... etc.

Though I agree he does have competition from other franchises. Hopefully Sakurai can squeeze 'em all in.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Sakurai's team would name the human you play as in Animal Crossing as. Afterall, he decided to call the generic-person in the Game & Watch games Mr. Game & Watch. Anyways, thanks for the compliment.
My favourite one I've seen is Villager. Then again, I think Tom Nook is more likely.

And that pattern isn't very conclusive. We did have veterans in the month of September. November has delivered nothing. It's probably just a coincidence.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, it seems this update may disprove the notion that King Dedede is a hidden character. He is going to be in the first Event Match in the game, however, I do find it weird how he decided to make 3 Kirby characters starting. =/

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm, it seems this update may disprove the notion that King Dedede is a hidden character. He is going to be in the first Event Match in the game, however, I do find it weird how he decided to make 3 Kirby characters starting. =/
That could only mean one thing...

MARX is the hidden Kirby character!!!

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Secret Surprise Kirby character! OMG!

But yes, I also find it odd that Dedede is not hidden.

Top Bottom