• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well tell that to the Mother series...

It's makes perfect logical sense that Ike would interact with people from his own time and such.

Lucas isn't the icon of Mother...yet he got in and I don't think we're getting any character from Mother 2 and hell if Mother 1.
Don't compare MOTHER with Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem > MOTHER. Besides, Fire Emblem is a longer game series, therefore making it more arguable than MOTHER.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't compare MOTHER with Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem > MOTHER. Besides, Fire Emblem is a longer game series, therefore making it more arguable than MOTHER.
Longer doesn't make it better, and I knew that was the only reason you were going to use.

More games doesn't make it any more different.

Different heroes and different villains per game...

It's the same thing

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Longer doesn't make it better, and I knew that was the only reason you were going to use.

More games doesn't make it any more different.

Different heroes and different villains per game...

It's the same thing
Yes it does, being longer, more popular and such affects Sakurai's decisions. And also opens up more Playable spots.

Fire Emblem has a bigger variety of heroes than MOTHER, and each hero has lots of fans, and if there are a lot of heroes...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sincerely, I don't think that the 15th December will be revealed the complete roster, neither that there'll be any veteran announced until there is a public announcement/the game comes out. I also doubt there are gonna be only three more newcomers; there'll be at least five. Sakurai is playing with us by having not posted a newcomer in a whole month; he surely is to compensate that with a lot of them in a short period, either now or when the game is about to come out.
CoroCoro revealed much of Pokemon Diamond/Pearl's Pokemon and features months before other magazines did. Also, for Japanese gamers, they do not care about the end so much as the journey.

Good points for the roster being revealed on December 15:
- All of the debates regarding a character's inclusion on these boards and other Smash Bros. message boards would end.
- The people who might be bitter or upset that their favorite character did not make it, will be able to recover from their disappointment and be re-hyped for Brawl again within a month.
- It could help some people anticipate the game even more.

Bad point:
- People who want to avoid spoilers would have to stay off the internet for at least two months.

I think the good outweights the bad. However, that is just my opinion.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes it does, being longer, more popular and such affects Sakurai's decisions. And also opens up more Playable spots.

Fire Emblem has a bigger variety of heroes than MOTHER, and each hero has lots of fans, and if there are a lot of heroes...
I have to dissagree with you on this, now this sounds more like YOUR fanboyism.

Zevox

Smash Lord
It's makes perfect logical sense that Ike would interact with people from his own time and such.
You seem to be forgetting something: the whole foundation of SSB is that it is a crossover series. Fox is teaming with Diddy in SSE - does that make sense? Mario is working alongside Pit rather than Luigi or Peach. Kirby is fighting with Peach or Zelda rather than Meta Knight. The series is not limited in such a way, no matter how much you may wish it was.

Zevox

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Let's examine this:

MOTHER series: 4 Games (MOTHER, Earthbound, MOTHER 1 + 2 and MOTHER 3)

Fire Emblem series: 11 Games.

I want from the Fire Emblem series: 4 Reps, from Akaneia, Grandbell, Elibe and Tellius. Is that fanboyism? No. And making all the focus on one game is stupid.

Why I don't take MOTHER into account? Simple, I don't care about MOTHER, at all.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How is Roy-Kun a fanboy? He wants characters from all over the Fire Emblem series, not just from one particular continent. If you just want characters from Tellius, the majority of Fire Emblem fans would disagree with you, as they want the playable characters to represent as many arcs/continents as possible.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Let's examine this:

MOTHER series: 4 Games (MOTHER, Earthbound, MOTHER 1 + 2 and MOTHER 3)

Fire Emblem series: 11 Games.

Is that fanboyism? No. And making all the focus on one game is stupid.

Why I don't take MOTHER into account? Simple, I don't care about MOTHER, at all.
Your focusing on Nothing but numbers.

Number of games does not make the series any better

AND BTW, Your last statement *Pure fanboyism* I think maybe you shouldn't write in contradictions.

I'm done talking with someone so close minded

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

AND BTW, Your last statement *Pure fanboyism* I think maybe you shouldn't write in contradictions.

You seem to be forgetting also that the Mother series is now dead. Itoi, the creator of the Mother series, said that Mother 3 is the end to the series, and that he would definitely not make a Mother 4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You seem to be forgetting also that the Mother series is now dead. Itoi, the creator of the Mother series, said that Mother 3 is the end to the series, and that he would definitely not make a Mother 4.
No, I'm not. It's not dead, it's finished...

They ended the storyline.

What's your point?

Does that mean anything?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Did I mentioned that Fire Emblem is already very liked in Japan, one of Nintendo's best series in that country?

Heh, I didn't, since is obvious. Being close-minded is only being a kid focusing on a certain saga of the franchise, which I am not doing.

No, I'm not. It's not dead, it's finished...

They ended the storyline.

What's your point?

Does that mean anything?
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/704/704589p1.html

This means something.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did I mentioned that Fire Emblem is already very liked in Japan, one of Nintendo's best series in that country?

Heh, I didn't, since is obvious. Being close-minded is only being a kid focusing on a certain saga of the franchise, which I am not doing.
Heh, calling me a kid. You were probably born after 1990 so don't speak up.

I'm not focusing, I'm just saying it should have been considered.

Your close minded **** is not taking into considerations what they did with other series.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Your close minded **** is not taking into considerations what they did with other series.
The way you mention it is like you're focusing, and is being close-minded trying to have different heroes from different series, instead of just having the recent heroes?

I prefer the classics over the new ones, ALSO, one rep. in Fire Emblem per saga IS enough. No villian is deserving for PC in Fire Emblem, NO ONE.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Now you are resorting to flaming. This is my topic if you are going to be rude to other posters, just leave, and take your grievances elsewhere.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The way you mention it is like you're focusing, and is being close-minded trying to have different heroes from different series, instead of just having the recent heroes?

I prefer the classics over the new ones.
No, as I said before...I would be glad with Marth and Sigurd in but I don't like the idea of too many sword users from the same series. It's boring.

I just said it should be considered what they did to the MOTHER series, and that I want Villains from the series in Smash to be in Smash

Now you are resorting to flaming. This is my topic if you are going to be rude to other posters, just leave, and take your grievances elsewhere.
That is not flaming

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
No, as I said before...I would be glad with Marth and Sigurd in but I don't like the idea of too many sword users from the same series. It's boring.

I just said it should be considered what they did to the MOTHER series, and that I want Villains from the series in Smash to be in Smash
Maybe other villians from other series, but having villians from the Fire Emblem series is not exactly the brightest idea of all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe other villians from other series, but having villians from the Fire Emblem series is not exactly the brightest idea of all.
Now here is what I don't get...

Why?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

That is not flaming
If you want a villain and non-sword user, why not Alvis?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm a bit surprised. I never expected it to be so good.

Falco is the character I really fear that wont make it, but you did put some of my fears to rest. It is a bit sad to hear that he's not as popular anymore (becuase who likes the franchise). Hopefully he'll come back.

Actually, in a future update, it would be nice to see your take on some of the franchises not in Brawl, or what franchises might be in Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Why?
The only Fire Emblem villains to appear in more than one game as far as I am aware of are Garnef and Medeus from Marth's games and the Black Knight. Other villains get killed and that's it. Characters such as Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, and Ridley have been in their series since the very beginning and continue to play an important role in their series. With Fire Emblem, the villain is only around usually for one game. Now do you see?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you want a villain and non-sword user, why not Alvis?
I dunno, cause Ike's the only character that's in so far...

No one else has a 100% chance of getting in and are not announced yet.

And Black Knight was the only villain on the poll

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Why?
The Fire Emblem series's fans focus a lot more on the Main Heroes than in the Villians, I don't blame them, Fire Emblem has many different sagas with different heroes and villians each time.

With that, Fire Emblem can have lotsa of focus on the Lords, while in villians, with the AT and the SSE, they can appear in. Besides, most favoritism in world is the one of Lords, not the Villians.

And if the Black Knight was on the poll, he can make it as Boss too, like Petey Piranha was on the poll, but appeared as boss.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Can we stop arguing? Nobody knows what will happen except Sakurai. So just wait and see
Yes, I agree. I have not ruled out much in regards to my Brawl predictions, however, I will say that if there is a third playable Fire Emblem character, he or she will be a lord, not a villain.

Let's just drop the Black Knight debate.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
All of the following clone characters can BURN:

Paper Mario, Bowser Junior, Dark Samus, and Wind Waker Link.

KingKryzon

Smash Rookie
I think up some ideas, too, like it would be more fun, if Lyn from Fire Emblem would be a playable character.
But I also would like it, if a character/characters from Tales Of Symphonia would be in brawl ^^

e.g.

Lloyd

Two-Sword-Style. Pretty awesome, I think ( more important: how would he use items like lasersword or the batter? xD)

Presea

omg my absolute favorit *_*
axe-swinging girl = crazy xD

But the most important reason, why I think ToS-Characters would suit for Brawl is, that the moves, which they preform in battles could be easyly used for the attacks in Brawl.

Those, who know the game, know what I mean ^^ like "Rising Falcon" for Down+B or "Tempest" for Up+B
Ultra-Smash for Lloyd would be "Falcon Crest" / "Divine Justice"

Another Character I would love to see in brawl is Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile:

she isn't a nintendo character, but her moves could also be nice to see in Brawl ^^

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I just finished surfing the forum to one of the biggest Japanese Fire Emblem fansites around, and I found some very interesting observations. One is that Sothe is much more requested than Micaiah, as a matter of fact, he is probably the most requested Fire Emblem newcomer. Another is that although many Japanese Fire Emblem fans expect Roy to be cut, many of them don't want him to be cut, and some were even giving detailed explanations on how Roy would be different from Marth or Ike. Also, also the scepticism about Marth's return vanished as soon as FE11 was unveiled. I was very surprised by their Roy enthusiasm, as well as the Sothe support.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Hell, Sothe is getting interesting, but alas alas we've seen a sticker for him. Unless we get a Ganondorf miracle we won't see Sothe.

I predict Sothe could be awesome and won't be the supermass flood of swordsmen from the FE world. I'd be disappointed from lack of females (and horribly lose a bet I made somewhere else), but I'd get over that quickly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hell, Sothe is getting interesting, but alas alas we've seen a sticker for him. Unless we get a Ganondorf miracle we won't see Sothe.

I predict Sothe could be awesome and won't be the supermass flood of swordsmen from the FE world. I'd be disappointed from lack of females (and horribly lose a bet I made somewhere else), but I'd get over that quickly.
Yeah, I was extremely surprised with how many people wanted Sothe. They even said that dagger and assasin-like fighter could bring new gameplay opportunities. However, one person remarked that since Snake was not being given his knife, that Sothe would too not show up as a playable character because of cultural differences.

Also, the idea of Eliwood being Roy's spiritual successor pretty much showed up when the Lyn Assist Trophy was unveiled. Even then, there were a lot who were hoping that Roy would somehow return.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What if Roy comes back with his father's arsenal? I can see Sakurai pulling a compromise like that.
That is exactly how Roy would be able come back de-cloned. He would borrow his father's javelin-throw ability as well as his war horse (as well as other things that his father can do). He would also probably have the ability to shoot fireballs out of his sword like he did in FE6. Also, to those who say that Sakurai won't borrow moves from another character, Lucas takes all of his special moves (as well as his Final Smash) from Kumatora.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If you think Advance Wars getting an icon will probably result in it getting a playable character, you have to claim AC has more than a 50/50 chance. Animal Crossing will most likely get a playable character, I give it a 95% chance. Just because generic characters are in the background doesn't mean anything...
I created my own AC character for Smash. His name is Ace (AC as the acronym for Animal Crossing+the E). He is portrayed as "cool" (via shades, flame/skull shirt, cap). Definitely consider this.
Megaman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BOmberman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pac-Man. You might see a Pac-Man AT eating at characters is there is a Namco character in Brawl, I doubt it... Bomber Man will not make it. The most likely third parties are Megaman and Geno.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
If you think Advance Wars getting an icon will probably result in it getting a playable character, you have to claim AC has more than a 50/50 chance. Animal Crossing will most likely get a playable character, I give it a 95% chance. Just because generic characters are in the background doesn't mean anything...
I created my own AC character for Smash. His name is Ace (AC as the acronym for Animal Crossing+the E). He is portrayed as "cool" (via shades, flame/skull shirt, cap). Definitely consider this.
Megaman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BOmberman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pac-Man. You might see a Pac-Man AT eating at characters is there is a Namco character in Brawl, I doubt it... Bomber Man will not make it. The most likely third parties are Megaman and Geno.
I agree about PacMan. I admit he is a gaming icon, and should be in Brawl if possible, but... playable character? He is far too limited and his 3D games, to be honest, sucked. AT really does fit him best, and I think there are far more plausible Namco reps. I mean, I don't doubt Sakurai could work Pacman into playable, but I think even he knows that it would not truly represent the real Pacman because of the changes that would have to be made. To totally edit a character just to make them playable, especially one who deserves the respect Pacman does, it's just wrong and disrespectful to Namco, much more so than making their mascot "only an AT."

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, ChronoBound, how do the Japanese feel about Falco and returning in Brawl?
Well, first off, Wolf is popular, very, very, popular. Also, Wolf is even one of the most requested characters for Brawl by Japanese Smash fans (as of right now perhaps he is the most requested considering the Dedede, Ike, and Pokemon Trainer have all been confirmed). Heck, I think Leon may even have the same amount of popularity as Krystal there, that's how popular Star Wolf is.

As for Falco, they think that either Wolf or Krystal will get in as Star Fox's newcomer. North American Smash fans think it will be Krystal, and they think it will be Wolf. Where does Falco fit in all of this? Nowhere. At most I only expect three playable characters for Star Fox. They also think that Falco has about 50/50 shot of being cut. If we only had backed Wolf, then maybe Falco chance's of returning would be higher, considering that Sakurai has to appeal to rabid fanbase's character urges. Well, if Fox, Wolf, and Krystal do end up being Star Fox's playable representative.... guess which game will bring all the furries to the yard.... :(

Top Bottom