• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Your forgetting the main tiny tiny snag keeping Mike Jones out.

Star Tropics wasnt released in Japan. This is TOO big of a factor working against him to even consider MJ for a playable character spot. Which is a shame because that game was great.

Wether he makes AT status is debatable. Here's to hoping.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another update of little consequence to this topic. Well, at least he confirmed the "Wolf" costume as merely being "Dark Fox".

Also, I got another juicy rumor for you all today. Apparently, there have been some rumors circulating on some Japanese forums that according to a blog with somebody who has playtested the game, the Sub-Space Emissary takes ten hours to beat. I have not been able to find a link to this blog, and while I think I may have a lead (finding this blog could also give away some other leaked information about the game), I don't want to bother Samurai Panda again, or at least not for the next few days.

Also, I've seen to come across a very interesting development regarding Brawl's roster. I also have a link to this article. I am definitely seeing Samurai Panda about this...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is what I wrote to Samurai Panda:

"Here is what I was able to get from a Google Translation, apparently CoroCoro Comics ( a source for many Pokemon revealings) is going to release a guide on December 15 detailing all the characters in the Brawl. Is this really true, I cannot really understand the rest of the article based off of the horrid Google Translation, so some assistance from your Japanese understanding abilities might be necessary. If this does include all the characters in the game, hopefully, all flame wars on the Brawl character board will be put to rest. Thank you for your time."

Here was his response:

It does indeed say that all characters will be revealed alongside an issue of CoroCoro Comics magazine (in a separate booklet) on December 15, but then the article states that CoroCoro might just be showing all of the starting characters, not the secret characters. This would be very likely given what CoroCoro has pulled in the past in regards to Smash, and it would make sense that we'll have the full starting lineup of characters soon.

So we could find ourselves with the full starting roster soon. If Sakurai plans to release one character each week leading up to the release of this booklet, we are looking at four more characters being added to the starting roster that we do not know about yet, putting it at 25, exlcuding Sonic and Snake who are likely to be hidden.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Awesome find. Hopefully you will be able to update this page ASAP. Seems like you have been out of business for a while now. Anyway, I need to get my hands on that magazine when the time comes around. I take it that it will be posted all over the internet, though. Besides, Sakurai will, like you said, most likely already posted the starting characters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ChronoBound, Pokey is incorrectly listed at MOTHER3's protagonist. He's not the hero of MOTHER3 :laugh:
I just changed it, it was a simple mistake.

Anyway, tonight's update deconfirms any Sin & Punishment characters getting in as a playable character. I hope there is a character update tomorrow, because if there isn't, this will have been the fourth week with a character profile.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah yes, right. That makes more sense.

And 'grats on the blog mention, by the way. :bigthumbu
Thanks. :)

Anyway, this update lowers the chances of Kumatora even more, who would of likely have had Starstorm as her Final Smash.

*sigh* Ever since I put this topic up, there has been little that has been said that changed the face of Brawl roster predicting and analyzing. However, I was hoping to create a 2.0 version of this topic, however, it looks like I only will be tweaking some of the analyses made in this topic. I should be done with the tweaking by Monday at the latest. Still, I am disappointed with the updates we have been receiving lately.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Hey, at least this one did help, if only in a minor way.

Bye bye, Kumatora. Looks like Claus or bust at this point. I'll still hope for Ness' return.

Ridley_Me_That

Smash Rookie
I just got a response from Samurai Panda regarding the rumor, here is what he had to say:

"People who preordered Brawl from Amazon recently recieved an email that basically says "In order to realize the hopes of the character fans out there, more time is necessary -President Iwata." And Nintendo is indeed denying that there is any delay, although the author of the article has his doubts as to whether or not this "leaked" email is true or not."

Well so even if the game does get delayed again, it is mostly due to put more characters in the game.

If another delay is on its way and this is the reason I wouldn't mind. The email seems very fishy for some reason, Maybe its just because its condensed.... just seems almost too good of an excuse.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
you should update the chances of O'donnel getting in,
since foxes dark costume looks nothing like him.

just pointing that out.

^_^
Yeah, that is what I am going to do soon (along with some other characters).

I will keep my progress for the "2.0" version in this post:

- I just finished tweaking my Mario series analysis. The changes include a small extra detail for the Luigi analysis. An extra detail for the Bowser Jr. analysis. I also added an analysis for Princess Rosalina.
- I just finished tweaking the Donkey Kong series analysis. I added an extra detail to K. Rool's analysis.
- I finished the Legend of Zelda series analysis tweaking. I added an extra detail to the Wind Waker Link analysis. I also added an extra detail to the Midna analysis. Thus, I changed both the My Personal Opinion and Overall Analysis paragraphs to the Zelda analysis. I omitted Tingle because I have been frequenting Japanese forums, and I have not seen him getting the same amount of support as Wind Waker Link or Midna, coupled with a lot of hate from Western Smash Bros. fans (which even Japanese fans know about), I put him in the same place as the other unlikely Zelda characters.
- I just finished tweaking the Metroid series analysis. The only thing I changed was that I added a few extra details to the Overall Analysis.
- I just finished tweaking the Star Fox series analysis. I added an extra detail to Falco's analysis, an extra detail to Krystal's analysis, and two extra details to Wolf's analysis. I also added some more details to the Overall Analysis.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm tired of Geno, seeing as he is

A. not a mascot
B. starred in one game, as a sidekick.
C. had a small cameo, that you probably don't notice until you watch the credits.
I LOVE YOU.

Blu-Ninja: He never really had a shot to begin with, given that he would most likely have been a Fox clone anyway.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Apparently you are mistaken. Many people are giving Geno way too much credit. I don't want Geno in, unlike most people here.
I believe it is a bit both ways. You give him no credit, while others give him too much. He has an above average chance, IMO. But, this is not the place to discuss Geno. PM me if you would like to see the reasons why. I would also like to see the reasons why he is not going to be in Brawl. You know, just to see both sides of the story.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I won't be able to finish my Fire Emblem analysis tweaking until I get back from Samurai Panda with a few things relating to Fire Emblem translations.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wow. I was just browsing 2ch (a very large Japanese forum), and there are still a lot of people who are upset that Lucas replaced Ness. There are also some people whio don't understand how Sonic got in (they say he is a has-been).

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Lucas did not replace Ness. Sakurai's translations have been VERY ambiguous, in other languages the "until now" comment was translated as "so far".

In the original Melee site's whole "I wanted to use Lucas instead" he uses the phrase "At first" before saying that. There's also the fact that Melee had much less time than Brawl did.

While I'm at it, handicaps were in every Smash Brothers game "until now" too.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
What's this have to do with Lucas being cool or not? Ness has been in two games and some people have gotten used to him, they wouldn't yank him out completely. We really don't have any evidence other than speculation and rumors for removing any characters that have been in Melee or 64.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I was just browsing 2ch (a very large Japanese forum), and there are still a lot of people who are upset that Lucas replaced Ness. There are also some people whio don't understand how Sonic got in (they say he is a has-been).
Hm, that is interesting. If even the Japanese fanbase wants to see Ness return... :ohwell:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
CoroCoro's official site said this about their Brawl preview: "Unless you have a time machine you should be really excited come Decebmer 15th.", and that "All characters willl be revealed." Let's suppose one character is revealed every week leading up to release of the magazine, then we will be looking at only three more characters on the starting roster that we do not know about, who would probably end up being Captain Falcon, Sheik, and a newcomer. That would be very expected and not very surprising at all. So just in case they do end up revealing all of the playable characters, I am going to make a topic detailing my thoughts on what the Brawl roster will probably be. However, the conept of it will be different from other Brawl rosters, which is why I reccomend for everyone to look foward to it.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
OH maybe thats why marth jiggly roy cf gw.... all those characters are not confirmed yet becuz they might be unlockable and not in the starting roster

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Your analysis is very good, although I do have to disagree on some recommendations. People like Paper Mario, Sigurd, Eliwood, and K. Rool, in my opinion, do not hold enough priority to become PCs. They would be fine Assist Trophies, though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Your analysis is very good, although I do have to disagree on some recommendations. People like Paper Mario, Sigurd, Eliwood, and K. Rool, in my opinion, do not hold enough priority to become PCs. They would be fine Assist Trophies, though.
Paper Mario: The star of his own sub-series, which has three games to date. Which is three times more than Geno (however, I do support Geno).

Sigurd: The most popular lord from Jugdral, the continent in which the best two Fire Emblems (in many people's opinion) take place on.

Eliwood: Would be the best replacement to Roy, and could be given a unique moveset. The Japanese also think he is a likely contender for a third playable Fire Emblem spot.

K. Rool: The main antagonist to the Donkey Kong series, and could very easily be given a unique and humorous moveset. Not to mention he is the third-most popular Donkey Kong character.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I don't really want to get into my reasons for Geno because I don't wanna go off topic. Anyway, are you getting a copy of the magazine?

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Although I may not agree with your first picks in many of the series, you did represent pretty much every possible character. Kudos for that.

So, I actually do think that almost every character from Brawl will have been on your list in one form or another.

It's a good compilation

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Although I may not agree with your first picks in many of the series, you did represent pretty much every possible character. Kudos for that.

So, I actually do think that almost every character from Brawl will have been on your list in one form or another.

It's a good compilation
Thanks. :)

I am going to be writing up an analysis for Hero of Time Young Link (I will be calling him Mask Link) because I have seen that idea thrown around., however, he won't be with the likely Zelda characters.

I am still doing some research regarding Japanese opinions regarding Fire Emblem characters, and I am currently trying to contact a big expert on the series. From past talks we have had, he feels that Sigurd will get in as the third playable character, and the reason why the Japanese think Eliwood and Miciaiah are likely because the Japanese know of Blazing Sword's overseas popularity and because of Radiant Dawn being the most recently released Fire Emblem.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I am still doing some research regarding Japanese opinions regarding Fire Emblem characters, and I am currently trying to contact a big expert on the series. From past talks we have had, he feels that Sigurd will get in as the third playable character, and the reason why the Japanese think Eliwood and Miciaiah are likely because the Japanese know of Blazing Sword's overseas popularity and because of Radiant Dawn being the most recently released Fire Emblem.
If thats the reason they think Eliwood might be in, it might be wise to scratch him off the list. Blazing Sword was a reasonably popular FE game internationally, but as we're all aware, its Lyn and Hector that are the most popular characters from it among international fans, not Eliwood. Primarily Lyn, too, and look where she landed. If all her overseas popularity warrants is an AT, Eliwood sure doesn't stand a chance of getting in on his.

Zevox

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If thats the reason they think Eliwood might be in, it might be wise to scratch him off the list. Blazing Sword was a reasonably popular FE game internationally, but as we're all aware, its Lyn and Hector that are the most popular characters from it among international fans, not Eliwood. Primarily Lyn, too, and look where she landed. If all her overseas popularity warrants is an AT, Eliwood sure doesn't stand a chance of getting in on his.

Zevox
That is his opinion. As I said earlier, he thinks Sigurd will get in way before Micaiah, and that an Elibe lord (either Roy or Eliwood) would next in line after Sigurd. I have also seen people on 2ch also state that Eliwood may be Roy's only "salvation", wjhich means that they see him as being Roy's replacement.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That is his opinion. As I said earlier, he thinks Sigurd will get in way before Micaiah, and that an Elibe lord (either Roy or Eliwood) would next in line after Sigurd. I have also seen people on 2ch also state that Eliwood may be Roy's only "salvation", wjhich means that they see him as being Roy's replacement.
I don't believe either Eliwood OR Roy are that good to make it in, and shouldn't now with Ike in

Marth is the only other sword weilder that should make it in, other than Maybe Black Knight...

Anyone else that makes it shouldn't just be another sword user

Top Bottom