• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying that it's a possiblity considering we have the entire starting roster line-up from the past two games already confirmed (12), so it would make sense to confirm 12 newcomers to balance everything out.

Like I said, it's a possibility...not a certainty.
True true. And while I've noticed that only those veterans who were never unlockable at all have been profiled, that's still a bit iffy as well. After all, the Captain and Ness weren't unlockables in Melee.

But you're right, it could go either way.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm just saying that it's a possiblity considering we have the entire starting roster line-up from the past two games already confirmed (12), so it would make sense to confirm 12 newcomers to balance everything out.
We're still missing one starter from Melee who wasn't in the original, actually: Sheik.

Zevox

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Very unlikely:
Paper Mario (Presence of two Marios)
WW Link (Presence of two Links)
Tingle (Cameo in Melee)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight fish in The Summit)

Unlikely:
Advance Wars Character (Advance Wars Assist Trophy and tininess)
Animal Crossing Character (Wouldn't he/she have already been revealed, considering the AC stage, music track, and item?)
Lip (I may be partly biased.)
Pac-Man (I may be partly biased.)

Personal bias against:
Bowser Jr.
Midna
Dark Samus
Wolf
Sigurd
Eliwood
Kumatora
Captain Olimar
Ray
Isaac
Takamaru
Sukapon
Bomberman

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
If Sigurd was to appear in Brawl, then, all three Fire Emblem characters would have blue hair! (lol)

Well, there's something I have to say almost nobody knows; if you look in the musicians section, you'll see something very interesting...

Michiko Naruke Serie Wild Arms
He/she just works for the Wild Arms series, so, what's the point having him/her there? Well, let me tell you something...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/777/777071p1.html

Maybe we'll get to see some Wild Arms character on Brawl? I think most likely not, but it's an incredible coincidence.

Talking about more serious subjects, I just need someone to confirm me that Isaac will appear on Brawl. I need him as a playable character, and the Venus Lighthouse as a stage. Oh, wouldn't it be so wonderful...

By the way, I'm totally against another Mario character. There are a whole bunch of them, and I'm so tired of seeing so many. Sooo, I think Luigi's fine, and Geno and the rest of them should not appear. But that's just my opinion, not based on evidences.

I would SO love Skull Kid, Majora or Oni Link to be in Brawl, although I know it's so unlikely for them to get in. Midna has more chances, of course, and i't wouldn't dissapoint me if she does. Sheik and Ganondorf are definitely going to appear. And... There's one character I just made up, but that I think would be... "Interesting". Instead of Young Link, it would be funny that there was some kind of "Mask Link", being something like Pokemon Trainer; he can transform into a deku, a goron, a zora, a giant, or even in the fierce deity. But that's nog going to happen, I know. What about Kafei? xD

I don't think there's going to be another Metroid character. Seriously. But, if it had to, it would be Ridley without a doubt. I even want him to appear. But he's so huge it would be annoying.

Falco will definitely come back. Everyone loves him; I like him better than Fox. He's the coolest character in all Star Fox series, and one of the main characters. So I think he'll come back. For the third one, even though I'd love to see Wolf brawling, I think it'll be Krystal who comes to fight. I don' t really dislike her, although I would enjoy much more playing as Wolf.

Lucario is not going to appear. Because, you know, there'll be Pikachu, Jigglypuff, probably Mewtwo (I hope they improve him, he was terrible at Melee) and Pokemon Trainer; five characters out of a game would be an abuse.

The Fire Emblem question is the most difficult one. Roy was one of my main characters, I don't want him out, although I know it's most likely to be so. And, for Micaiah... You know, I really like her, I'd love to use her, but I really doubt she will be the one to appear in Brawl. In fact, I even doubt Eliwood will be the one to get in. Sigurd and Roy are most likely to; so, if they cut out Roy, Sigurd will be his replacement. Blue hair to the power!

I like Claus, but I don't really want Ness out of Smash Bros, so I think Lucas and him will be the representatives of their game.

About the second F-Zero character, I'm totally for it.

Well, this is as far as my opinion goes. As I said, it's just what I think, not what will definitely be; if it was, there would be three Golden Sun characters, two Golden Sun stages, and Maxim and Dekar from Lufia. Lol. But I'll be satisfied with just Isaac getting in Brawl.

Great work for your analysis, that's a lot of work you have put into it. Congratulations~

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
hmm..
i love kumatoras char. design. simple and effective.

im very glad you posted this,
my hope for certain characters being in brawl has just been revitalized!

i am VERY surprised nobody has tried making a move list for black shadow.

B-SHADOW PooOOOOAAAAaaanch!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like the latest update basically deconfirms Ness and Kumatora. Luca's has Ness's special moves (which could have also have been Kumatora's moves), and there is this line. "There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar." The Masked Boy is now unchallenged for the second Mother spot (unless Ness is brought back as a clone, which is doubtful). I will make a new Mother series analysis later today based on this new information.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Personal bias against:
Bowser Jr.
Midna
Dark Samus
Wolf
Sigurd
Eliwood
Kumatora
Captain Olimar
Ray
Isaac
Takamaru
Sukapon
Bomberman
Woah... what the heck happened to make you biased against so many?

And I agree with the guy above about Isaac and the Venus Lighthouse stage. It's currently a dream, but I really hope it becomes reality. ^_^

And I'm still undecided on Ness, it could still happen, but I think it's safe to say his chances have dipped. By a lot.

... It was mentioned elsewhere, but it would be extremely funny if Sakurai updated with Ness tomorrow. :laugh:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just posted my new analysis for the Mother series. Masked Boy is basically unchallenged now for a possible second Mother spot.

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Woah... what the heck happened to make you biased against so many?

And I agree with the guy above about Isaac and the Venus Lighthouse stage. It's currently a dream, but I **** well hope it becomes reality. ^_^

And I'm still undecided on Ness, it could still happen, but I think it's safe to say his chances have dipped. By a lot.

... It was mentioned elsewhere, but it would be extremely funny if Sakurai updated with Ness tomorrow. :laugh:
What I meant was: I don't want to see any of them in Brawl, but can't judge their likelihood well. Since posting that, I would categorize some of those as "unlikely" or "extremely unlikely" instead. (I've done my research, now.)

Also: NESS IS OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT! P(Ness in Brawl) = 0%! No clone characters! That deconfirms any other Mother 2 characters, also (which makes sense).

Now, we just have to wonder about the Ike-Marth situation...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In light of the second update mentioning Ridley. I think we might be close to a confirmation as to whether Ridley is a playable character or boss.

I think if Ridley is a boss, Sakurai will probably say something about how he wishes he could play as him (much like in the Gray Fox update), which will make a lot of people think bosses are playable, when it is actually just Sakurai justy being his deceieving, mind-screwing self.

If Ridley is a playable character, I think he should show him next week. Sakurai will probably jest about the too big thing with, "Ridley joins the fight, but wait isn't he too big, nah this is Smash Bros."

Also, a theory of mine was that if Ridley is going to be a playable character, he probably should have shown him before Norfair, like he did with Meta Knight. However, instead he opted to show another stage, despite it having been more than two weeks since the last character was unveiled. Its this that has got me thinking that Ridley might be a boss (along with thw word boss being mentioned in both updates with Ridley). However, it is important to also point out that in the update about Ridley's theme, he is referred to as Samus's nemesis in all the different languages that the site in presented in.

I think (or hope) we will get another playable character on Monday. I am also suspecting that the character will be either Krystal or Captain Falcon. It probably won't be Ridley because Sakurai hates being nailed down to a pattern, and having an update with Ridley as a playable character after the Norfair update would make too much sense.

However, if Ridley is deconfirmed and shown as a boss, I think Metroid won't be getting any more playable characters.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
How come no one gives MOTHER the recognition it deserves? Animal Crossing is kinda based off it, look at the maps and how things play out and you'll see. IT also influenced Pokemon, because the MOTHER staffed worked on that as well. MOTHER/EARTHBOUND set the stage for the 2 games, they deserve 3 reps at least.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
How come no one gives MOTHER the recognition it deserves? Animal Crossing is kinda based off it, look at the maps and how things play out and you'll see. IT also influenced Pokemon, because the MOTHER staffed worked on that as well. MOTHER/EARTHBOUND set the stage for the 2 games, they deserve 3 reps at least.
Um no. Two represenatives would be more than enough for Mother, especially since the series is over.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I enjoyed the read but what are the results? After all that analysis have you came to a conclusion of the final roster? Im interested to know.

Also Donkey Kong is more than worthy of three reps. The series not only kick started everything that is Nintendo but is also its 4th biggest selling franchsie and the 9th biggest selling franchise of all time on all consoles. DK is undeniably a video game icon and id go out on a limb and say he is more well known to the generall public than Link. People who have no interest in video games know DK just like they know Sonic, Pacman, Mario or Halo.

Of course im not suggesting the DK franchise if better or deserves more reps than The Legend of Zelda but DK is more famous than Link.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Metriod is over and all they get is 2 reps.
Hahahahaha. Who said it was over. The Prime series is over, however, Retro development team workers said they would eventually get back to Metroid.

Series that are more likely over are Star Fox and F-Zero, mostly due to poor sales.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I enjoyed the read but what are the results? After all that analysis have you came to a conclusion of the final roster? Im interested to know.

Also Donkey Kong is more than worthy of three reps. The series not only kick started everything that is Nintendo but is also its 4th biggest selling franchsie and the 9th biggest selling franchise of all time on all consoles. DK is undeniably a video game icon and id go out on a limb and say he is more well known to the generall public than Link. People who have no interest in video games know DK just like they know Sonic, Pacman, Mario or Halo.

Of course im not suggesting the DK franchise if better or deserves more reps than The Legend of Zelda but DK is more famous than Link.
It will get three representatives at most. I only expect 36-40 playable characters total in Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am planning on making a huge revamp of this topic later this month. However, Sakurai seems to be revealing character related information at a snail-pace as of late, so the actual information in the analyses itself may not change much. I would also hope that he would reveal the final character selection screen soon, however, I do not see him doing this until the month of Brawl's Japanese release (January). Its for this reason that I am not going to make a likely roster (because its mostly dependent on the amount of characters in the game). However, I might if there is enough of a demand for it, and I have a lot of controversial ideas on what the roster should be that would surely make this topic's post count skyrocket. Finally, there are 2.5 months left until Brawl's Japanese release.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Just like how Ice Climbers...

A. are not mascots for nintendo
B. starred in one game
C. did not even have a cameo

Just like how Pit...

A. Is not a mascot for nintendo
B. starred in two games, one that didnt even release in japan
C. did not have a cameo anywhere

Just like how Lucas...

B. starred in one game that hasn't even been released in america and WILL NEVER according to Nintendo

Just like how Ness...

B. starred in one game that sold extremely poorly in America, resulting in Mother 3 not being shipped stateside

The list goes on, but I don't feel like going through everything just to say you have an extremely weak argument against Geno.

ohh ... hey, those guys HAD THEIR OWNS GAMES!!! geno was a sidekick

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
But, Super Mario RPG was all about Geno. Mario may have been the main PLAYABLE character, but the storyline was about Geno. The game wouldn't of had a plot without Geno.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
But, Super Mario RPG was all about Geno. Mario may have been the main PLAYABLE character, but the storyline was about Geno. The game wouldn't of had a plot without Geno.
Yeah its pretty much the same with Midna, a one time only significant character. Although I favor Geno over Paper Mario and Bowser Jr., I favor characters that are important to their series over a relatively minor characters. However, seeing as that Japan is gaga for Geno, he will probably get in.

I still hope that Sakurai decides to show a Ridley update tomorrow. It worries me that he is mentioning Ridley so many times before updating him, I don't think he would be dropping hints to an unknown playable character (it is kind of out of character for somebody who won't even reveal he final character selection screen or Falcon). The decision of Ridley being a playable character or not can make or break whether or not we will be getting a lot of characters in this game.

Sakurai said that Metroid had become one of Nintendo's most important franchises, if two characters is his idea of adequately representing a major franchise, then I see there only being 36 characters total in the game, with the five remaining newcomers being Krystal, Lucario, a Mario newcomer, Captain Olimar, and possibly one more third-party character/Retro/Other (I'm not sure about the last character). Ridley's confirmation or deconfirmation as a playable character, will also ultimately see how much voice the non-Japanese fanbase has in the development and character placement in Smash Bros. games, and whether all these support threads on non-Japanese boards are a waste of time. In less than 2.5 months the Brawl roster should be leaked to the rest of the world, thus ending all character and roster speculation on different Smash Bros. message boards throughout the internet. I very much look forward to this day, because I feel that Sakurai will only be unveiling nine more characters at most until Brawl's Japanese release.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostReturn014.html
-Apparently Sakurai's favourite Fire Emblem character is Nabarl. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the rest, but it seems he's expressing displeasure at Oguma beating Nabarl in the poll.

Translation came from here:

http://fryguy64.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=ssb&action=display&thread=1192650548

Well, I guess this deconfirms the rumor about Sigurd being Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character, and thus hurts his chances of getting into Brawl as a playable character.

T-major

Smash Champion
Plus Sigurd and Wolf are alternate costumes...
no, they're not. that "Wolf" costume, is just a darker coloured Fox. and that Sigrud "costume" (which is nothing but a similar colour scheme) is a stupid reason to deconfirm him, because Ike is completely different from him in terms of looks...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Apparently, there is a rumor going around on some Japanese messsage boards, stating Klonoa is going to be Namco's representative for Brawl, which is weird considering most of the character's games are on Sony platforms. =/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What a lame update. Looks like I won't be updating my analyses for yet another day. =(

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
I'm fearing Sakurai is posting the E 4 All updates. I mean, he posted Norfair and Ike's final smash, which were on E4A but hadn't been added until now. So, it things keep like that, we're going to receive a whole lot of lame updates about things we have already seen.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Another boring update with information we already knew. *sigh* Sakurai is going to have to end the character drought sometime.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Another boring update with information we already knew. *sigh* Sakurai is going to have to end the character drought sometime.
At this rate, it won't be for a while though. We're on three updates we knew from E for All in a row - Norfair, Great Aether, and taunts. If he keeps this up, we may have another week of E for All ATs (advance wars, Jill Dozer, etc) and Pokèballs (Kyogre, Latios & Latias, etc) to go before he decides to give us a character...

Or maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic. I hope its that one.

Zevox

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
At this rate, it won't be for a while though. We're on three updates we knew from E for All in a row - Norfair, Great Aether, and taunts. If he keeps this up, we may have another week of E for All ATs (advance wars, Jill Dozer, etc) and Pokèballs (Kyogre, Latios & Latias, etc) to go before he decides to give us a character...

Or maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic. I hope its that one.

Zevox
Yeah, I feel this week will be awfully awkward, too. All hope is fading... D: no, really, if that's true, then it'll be a month without a newcomer update.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
eh, maybe he's gonna reveal some super unexpected character like that pink joy mech dude

or a uber-hyped (on everyone's minds) character to get moral back like Megaman or Ridley.

it seems newcomers are the ace in the hole for Dojo. When they think moral is low (a month draught of no newcomers september, we get sonic and lucas a few weeks into it, than dedede later)

They let the hype cool for awhile, than set it on fire again with something massive.

It was unexpected for Dedede and stage builder to be so close, I would have thought huge updates like that would be staggered more.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Why haven't you included Black Mage in your 3rd-party selection.

If there is a real Square rep (Geno woudun´t feel like a Square rep since the game he is from is named MARIO RPG) it shoud be Black Mage.

The only one that can rival Black Mage, in the fact how well it can represent Square, is a Moogle. So black mage should be included in your list if you haven´t a really good reason...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why haven't you included Black Mage in your 3rd-party selection.

If there is a real Square rep (Geno woudun´t feel like a Square rep since the game he is from is named MARIO RPG) it shoud be Black Mage.

The only one that can rival Black Mage, in the fact how well it can represent Square, is a Moogle. So black mage should be included in your list if you haven´t a really good reason...
I made a Square-Enix Characters For Brawl Analysis Thread a while ago, if you are interested in my thoughts on the Black Mage, just go read that topic.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, a late update usually suggests the arrival of a newcomer, let's hope for it to be hold true. If it is a newcomer, I am expecting Krystal.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am hoping for at least a decent update, everything else this week was either known since E4ALL or stuff that was already in Melee. I still think that if we get a newcomer it will be Krystal.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Two more updates with information that was known since E4ALL. Only Meta Knight's moves were known back since September. Seriously, so far this is the worst week ever in terms of updates.

Top Bottom