• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

vesperview

Smash Hero
What makes you think Kumatora deserves an honorable mention along with a picture and not a spot next to Duster, Boney and Flint? She's just Mother 3's Paula or Ana, if Paula didn't appear in Melee I don't see why Kumatora will be in Brawl, when Mother 3 has more exciting character choices (Claus), she can even equip a frying pan for old times sake, lol, nothing particularly unique about her, just because KumaOso puts her in a pedestal doesn't mean she's Brawl material.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What makes you think Kumatora deserves an honorable mention along with a picture and not a spot next to Duster, Boney and Flint? She's just Mother 3's Paula or Ana, if Paula didn't appear in Melee I don't see why Kumatora will be in Brawl, when Mother 3 has more exciting character choices (Claus), she can even equip a frying pan for old times sake, lol, nothing particularly unique about her, just because KumaOso puts her in a pedestal doesn't mean she's Brawl material.
I put her as the least likely of the possible 2nd representatives for the Mother series. If Lucas does indeed have a unique moveset, then I say Ness is more likely to return as the second Mother representative than her. However, if Sakurai is only interested in placing in Mother 3 characters and Lucas does not have Ness's moveset, then Kumatora is going to be the 2nd Mother character. Please read the rest of my Mother series analysis to understand where I am coming from.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
nice one, althought krystal is confirmed by some rumors (I have seen the page and is really convincing) that is going to be in brawl (as an assist trhophie or as a player character should be the question, but is she would be an assist trophie, mnmaybe they had been already shown...?) so i guess than i'm hoping for a fourth rep of starfox... if there are four, welcome krystal ^^.. but if they are only three, i would forever hate krystal for taking the place of Wolf!
Sadly, I think Krystal is going to be playable, and that she is going to be in before Falco or Wolf. If there is a third slot for a Star Fox character, I think Falco is going to take it. The Star Fox series is definitely not deserving of four slots in Brawl, and if it were up to me I would have Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I put her as the least likely of the possible 2nd representatives for the Mother series. If Lucas does indeed have a unique moveset, then I say Ness is more likely to return as the second Mother representative than her. However, if Sakurai is only interested in placing in Mother 3 characters and Lucas does not have Ness's moveset, then Kumatora is going to be the 2nd Mother character. Please read the rest of my Mother series analysis to understand where I am coming from.
If Ness doesn't return CLAUS will be the 2nd Mother rep, what are you talking about? I'm just saying that Kumatora doesn't deserve that much credit, she is not that important to be in Brawl just like Paula wasn't that important to be in Melee, Kuma is most definitely going to be an AT or Trophy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, Claus is the most likely Mother 3 newcomer after Lucas

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If Ness doesn't return CLAUS will be the 2nd Mother rep, what are you talking about? I'm just saying that Kumatora doesn't deserve that much credit, she is not that important to be in Brawl just like Paula wasn't that important to be in Melee, Kuma is most definitely going to be an AT or Trophy.
Uh, didn't you read my analysis. I said that if Lucas has Ness's moveset, the Masked Boy would be unchallenged for the second playable Mother spot.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Uh, didn't you read my analysis. I said that if Lucas has Ness's moveset, the Masked Boy would be unchallenged for the second playable Mother spot.
I don't see why if Lucas has Ness's moves Claus would be unchallenged to be the second Mother 3 rep.

Plus Lucas doesn't have Ness's moves

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121538

I'm just saying you should remove Kumatora and put her in the same group as Duster, Boney and Flint, she isn't more important than any of them.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't see why if Lucas has Ness's moves Claus would be unchallenged to be the second Mother 3 rep.

Plus Lucas doesn't have Ness's moves

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121538

I'm just saying you should remove Kumatora and put her in the same group as Duster, Boney and Flint, she isn't more important than any of them.
We are not sure what Rope Snake is yet. He could be an item, or one of Lucas's special moves or throw (like Samus's grapple beam or Link's clawshot). I don't want to rule out any possibilties, and I am sorry if you are feeling anxiety toward my character choices.

vesperview

Smash Hero
We are not sure what Rope Snake is yet. He could be an item, or one of Lucas's special moves or throw (like Samus's grapple beam or Link's clawshot). I don't want to rule out any possibilties, and I am sorry if you are feeling anxiety toward my character choices.
I'm not feeling anxiety I'm just intrigued that you think Kumatora has an outstanding chance of being the second rep from Mother 3 over Claus.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm not feeling anxiety I'm just intrigued that you think Kumatora has an outstanding chance of being the second rep from Mother 3 over Claus.
If Lucas has a unique moveset.

Ness>Masked Boy>=Kumatora.

If Lucas does have Ness's moveset:

Masked Boy is unchallenged, no one else is a viable alternative for a second character.

No do you see. A lot of Japanese Mother fans expect Kumatora or Masked Boy to be the second Mother character. However, they don't expect Duster, Flint, or Boney.

Finally, Kumatora is the character I want the least out of the three viable Mother characters.

vesperview

Smash Hero
If Lucas has a unique moveset.

Ness>Masked Boy>=Kumatora.

If Lucas does have Ness's moveset:

Masked Boy is unchallenged, no one else is a viable alternative for a second character.

No do you see. A lot of Japanese Mother fans expect Kumatora or Masked Boy to be the second Mother character. However, they don't expect Duster, Flint, or Boney.

Finally, Kumatora is the character I want the least out of the three viable Mother characters.
At least put Claus above her, even if Lucas has Ness's moves (Which I doubt), Kumatora doesn't have much chance, Kumatora and Duster were both on the poll, I don't see why you don't have Duster up there too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
At least put Claus above her, even if Lucas has Ness's moves (Which I doubt), Kumatora doesn't have much chance, Kumatora and Duster were both on the poll, I don't see why you don't have Duster up there too.
I just don't like the idea of Sakurai throwing away a perfectly good moveset (such as Ness's). So that is the reason why Kumatora is a possibilty. However, Ness is the most likely one to re-claim it if Lucas does have his own moves. Also, I don't think Mother is a series that would warrant three representatives in this game, so if Ness does return, don't expect Masked Boy to be playable.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I just don't like the idea of Sakurai throwing away a perfectly good moveset (such as Ness's). So that is the reason why Kumatora is a possibilty. However, Ness is the most likely one to re-claim it if Lucas does have his own moves. Also, I don't think Mother is a series that would warrant three representatives in this game, so if Ness does return, don't expect Masked Boy to be playable.
I thought we were talking about Ness not returning context? Seriously if Ness doesn't return Claus will be the Mother rep, plus who wants Kumatora having all of Ness's B moves anyway? semi clone of Ness just because Ness isn't in the game? That sucks!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Claus would be a SOOOO much better addition now that Lucas IS actually in...

The epic battle between twins forced to fight against eachother to the death!!!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Let's all just I hope that Sakurai just ends his stupid mindgames, and just reveals Luca's special moves already.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Um, looks like no update for this topic today. Hopefully tomorrow will show a new character (or possibly an Assist Trophy), we have been over a week without one.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Even though I guarantee that someone else has done this, I can't help myself:

1) No Waluigi!??!?!
2) YOU PUT TINGLE ON THE LIST BUT NO WALUIGI!?!?!?!?
3) Tingle has zero chance.
4) Wolf should be above Krystal.
5) Roy and Micaiah have no chance. Sigurd is unlikely. Leaf could possibly replace Marth.
6) Kumatora and Claus have no chance. Ray, Stafy, and Lip also have no chance. Balloon Fighter, Takamaru, Sukapon hav no chance.
7) WW Link, K. Rool, Krystal, Pac-Man, Bomberman are much less likely than Waluigi.
8] Viewtiful Joe??!??!? He goes on the third party list.
9) Hector and Eiphraim for Fire Emblem.
And the award for blind-fanboy of the year goes to Matthewmilad. Congradulations on your under-acheivement.

1) He's not impossible, but he's very unlikely.
2) Tingle, believe it or not, has a very good chance of appearing (at least higher than Waluigi's.)
3) Tingle's chance > Waluigi's chance. So, if Tingle has zero, what's that say about Waluigi?
4) Statistically, they are 100% balanced in likelihood. Name anything that favors one, and the other can counter it with something of equal/greater importance.
5) Technically, Roy, Sigurd, Leaf, Marth, and Michaiah are all elegable for the slot. Marth and Michaiah are just the most likely to get it.
6) Once again, everyone TECHNICALLY has a chance. Some just have higher chances than others. *cough Ray and Stafy > others cough*
7) You got that backwards...
8] Have you seen the competition Joe has? His chances are minimal AT BEST.
9) Marth > Michaiah > Others in terms of liklihood to appear.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Props on your list. You've basically compiled every decent character suggestion on these boards and given them a fair run. I agree with nearly every one of your Overall Analysis.
Gotta say though- I think there will only be one more third-party rep. That's basically all I have to disagree about. Again, props.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Even though I guarantee that someone else has done this, I can't help myself:

And the award for blind-fanboy of the year goes to Matthewmilad. Congradulations on your under-acheivement.

1) He's not impossible, but he's very unlikely.
2) Tingle, believe it or not, has a very good chance of appearing (at least higher than Waluigi's.)
3) Tingle's chance > Waluigi's chance. So, if Tingle has zero, what's that say about Waluigi?
4) Statistically, they are 100% balanced in likelihood. Name anything that favors one, and the other can counter it with something of equal/greater importance.
5) Technically, Roy, Sigurd, Leaf, Marth, and Michaiah are all elegable for the slot. Marth and Michaiah are just the most likely to get it.
6) Once again, everyone TECHNICALLY has a chance. Some just have higher chances than others. *cough Ray and Stafy > others cough*
7) You got that backwards...
8] Have you seen the competition Joe has? His chances are minimal AT BEST.
9) Marth > Michaiah > Others in terms of liklihood to appear.
What makes you think that Micaiah is more likely than anyone else from Fire Emblem, the fact that she has another X chromosome? I think it would be a shame if Tellius got two out of the three Fire Emblem spots. I think Sigurd would be the best considering that it would increase interest in the Jugdral Fire Emblems and would increase Leaf's chances for SSB4. Also, I am not saying that Micaiah is unlikely, all I am saying that she is not in a league above the other Fire Emblem characters that I mentioned. It all depends on what Sakurai wants.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
What makes you think that Micaiah is more likely than anyone else from Fire Emblem, the fact that she has another X chromosome? I think it would be a shame if Tellius got two out of the three Fire Emblem spots. I think Sigurd would be the best considering that it would increase interest in the Jugdral Fire Emblems and would increase Leaf's chances for SSB4. Also, I am not saying that Micaiah is unlikely, all I am saying that she is not in a league above the other Fire Emblem characters that I mentioned. It all depends on what Sakurai wants.
Because of the reasons you stated:

1) FE Lord (Lady being the proper term) that doesn't use swords.
2) Female (Minor point, but stil viable considering Sakurai wants more females.)
3) Advertisement for RD WHICH, I might add, comes out tomorrow morning (or later today, depending on your point of view.)
4) Also, another one that I just thought of, she's the most recent one so she's on everyone's mind.

Don't get me wrong... I understand that she may be out-prioritized by someone else. But, in my opinion, she's just like Midna; all-but-confirmed.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Because of the reasons you stated:

1) FE Lord (Lady being the proper term) that doesn't use swords.
2) Female (Minor point, but stil viable considering Sakurai wants more females.)
3) Advertisement for RD WHICH, I might add, comes out tomorrow morning (or later today, depending on your point of view.)
4) Also, another one that I just thought of, she's the most recent one so she's on everyone's mind.

Don't get me wrong... I understand that she may be out-prioritized by someone else. But, in my opinion, she's just like Midna; all-but-confirmed.
Ike is promoting Radiant Dawn, a person who is localizing the game for North America confirmed that in an interview. Also, there are many lords who don't use swords. Ephraim, Hector, Eliwood (when he promotes), Sigurd (though he typically seen in artwork as using Tyrfing which is sword), and Leaf (who can use every weapon in the game). Also, I hate the idea that being female automatically makes you better than more worthy chararcters in the same franchise. My bet is that if Micaiah is not a playable character in Brawl, her fanbase will whither away and will probably rally around Sheeda (who is going to be in FE11, and made to be more attractive). Lastly, Marth will be the most recent lord, going by Sakurai's rules (he considered Roy the most recent lord, depsite his game not coming out until four months after Melee's release).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On the subject of Fire Emblem, very interesting information, apparently the song in the update today was used in the commercial for the first Fire Emblem (which starred Marth). Also it was used again for the commercial for Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals (Roy's game).

Here is a link to the commercial for the first Fire Emblem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-2kf1VKM1U

Here is a link to the Sword of Seals commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJhN5n9nBE

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Because it was the better of the designs
Opinion...

Anyways, I would personally be extremely suprised if Michaiah DIDN'T make the roster.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told this one guy on GameFAQs (jayman7, or something like that...) when he argued that Midna wouldn't appear.

Different people see the evidence in different ways.

I see the evidence as proof for Michaiah and Midna's appearances.
He saw the evidence as "there is no evidence".

We won't know until a confirmation is given (either on the Dojo or in the game.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Opinion...

Anyways, I would personally be extremely suprised if Michaiah DIDN'T make the roster.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told this one guy on GameFAQs (jayman7, or something like that...) when he argued that Midna wouldn't appear.

Different people see the evidence in different ways.

I see the evidence as proof for Michaiah and Midna's appearances.
He saw the evidence as "there is no evidence".

We won't know until a confirmation is given (either on the Dojo or in the game.)
Yes it's opinion...and apparently whoever picked which design he used had that opinion

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think if we get a verteran this week it will be Captain Falcon, or less likely Mr. Game & Watch.

If its a newcomer, it will probably be Krystal, or less likely Captain Olimar.

There is also the possiblity that we will get a Fire Emblem character.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
You didn't notice the pattern, did ya?

What pattern, you ask?

This pattern, I answer.

Every veteran character that has ever been a hidden/secret from either of the first two games is still unconfirmed. Only the cast of characters that were starters from either game have been confirmed. Ten bucks says Sakurai doesn't give any of them (the unconfirmed veterans) profiles utill AFTER the game is out.

Also, if you'll noticed on the Dojo Characte screen (here) that there is only one more slot open on the "Newcomers" section. This would give us an even 24 characters (12 new/12 old) revieled before the launch of the game...

Now, obviously, Sakurai can alter the size of this box as he sees fit, but I find it likely that we're going to get one final character reveiled before Brawl is released.

My money, personally, is on either Krystal (because of the VA leak), Michaiah (FE week), or a character from a frnchise not yet represented. I wouldn't bet on a veteran.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Please don't say there is only one more space left for a newcomer. The box has been expanded before, and it can be expanded again.

At least you acknowledged that it can be expanded. But I've seen so many use that for an "X characters left" argument. >_<

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Please don't say there is only one more space left for a newcomer. The box has been expanded before, and it can be expanded again.

At least you acknowledged that it can be expanded. But I've seen so many use that for an "X characters left" argument. >_<
I'm just saying that it's a possiblity considering we have the entire starting roster line-up from the past two games already confirmed (12), so it would make sense to confirm 12 newcomers to balance everything out.

Like I said, it's a possibility...not a certainty.

remove geno from the list. Hes got lik no chance
You are either:
a) A very bad troll. OR
b) A very ignorant person.

Statistically, anyone who has ever been on a Nintendo console (and originated as a game character) is TECHNICALLY eligble for a slot in the game. Geno included.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
We'll see...

(About Captain Falcon and other veterans not being confirmed until the game comes ouit.)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
He said Geno has the best chance of makeing it. But there is overwelming evidence that geno wont make it at all.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I believe that there is enough evidence to confirm everyone in the world. There is also just as much to deconfirm everyone. I hope that Geno will be in Brawl.

Top Bottom