• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, now that both Options and Sound Test out of the way, Sakurai is running out of old game modes to show. I think either today or tomorrow will most likely be a character update. If we do get a new character this week, it will probably be Sheik (because of CoroCoro).
We're not getting any characters at all.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I got 2 problems with ur anaylsis thats come to my attention:

1)Isn't Geno 3rd party?

2) What about Sora, he could have a good chance, but I want ur opinion.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
h knows, double post.

I think Sora would be pretty bad ***, I mean, His Final Smash could be Trinity. Donald and Goofy come out of nowhere. Could swing-toss his key blade forward for his tilt A, regular 3 hit for A,A,A, Stab with his Key, Use Fire, Ice, and Thunder. Item to bring, Potions, hmm?
He would be so cool to control Smash Bros style.
I mean, hell, after playing Chain of Memories, you KNOW Sora had an infinite amount of combos/moves he could use in Brawl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I got 2 problems with ur anaylsis thats come to my attention:

1)Isn't Geno 3rd party?

2) What about Sora, he could have a good chance, but I want ur opinion.
1. Yes, Geno is third-party. I even mention this in my analysis for him. However, I decided to group him with the Mario characters since he is likely going to be under the Mario series if he is a playable character.

2. My opinion and analysis on Sora is in the Square-Enix Character For Brawl thread, which I made a while ago, click on my username, and view my profile. Click on topics created to easily find it.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping Klonoa and Lucario get in somehow, so these kids at my school will SHUT UP!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Another reason that the Geno supporters call Geno second/third party is because he was under the Melee polls(2001 I believe) as a first party character, unlike the third party choices. But, he could be considered either because of Square-Enix's involvement in SMRPG.

Edit: Just so everyone knows, I and most(because every group has their fair share of flamers) of the other Geno supporters know that Geno is third party. There is no getting around that.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai finally decides to show the Mario Kart stage. CoroCoro should be leaked either today or tomorrow (or Saturday at the latest), and I still saying that if we do get a new character out of it, it will be Sheik.

Edit: There are rumors coming from 2ch that there will be 30 characters in Brawl according to CoroCoro. However, it has not been determined whether they were referring to starting or hidden.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai finally decides to show the Mario Kart stage. CoroCoro should be leaked either today or tomorrow (or Saturday at the latest), and I still saying that if we do get a new character out of it, it will be Sheik.

Edit: There are rumors coming from 2ch that there will be 30 characters in Brawl according to CoroCoro. However, it has not been determined whether they were referring to starting or hidden.
WTF only 30? That's only 5 more than Brawl...

...that's friggin stupid

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Even if it is 30 starters, that doesn't sit well with me. A great many of them could be made unlockable.

EDIT: Is there any reason why they're saying just 30?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
BREAKING: CoroCoro is going to profile at least 30 characters in their latest issue. (however, it is not determined whether these are all the starters or are all the total characters in the game).

Credit goes to Kimahiri Ronso for translating.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Them showing thirty characters, while still having more remain hidden, makes much more sense. :)

This is good for your topic. Finally! :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That remains to be determined. But at least we will be getting some new characters. :)
Them showing thirty characters, while still having more remain hidden, makes much more sense. :)

Didn't they say FULL ROSTER last time, and now 30 characters...

So...30 friggin characters!?!!? WTF?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
There was never any mention of a full roster. That was speculation on the part of the Smash Community.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Um, I have some bad news. Apparently, the actual translation is 30 pages, not 30 characters. So we are right back to square one. However, I am still hoping for Sheik tomorrow.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Um, I have some bad news. Apparently, the actual translation is 30 pages, not 30 characters. So we are right back to square one. However, I am still hoping for Sheik tomorrow.
That is still a lot. But I have heard something about 30 cards.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Thirty pages? That isn't so bad. Corocoro Comics may show more than one character on some of the pages(the ones that we know are in). So maybe it can be the full roster, but, then again, maybe not. Time will tell.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
here is the probability order of newcomers top five

1. Krystal
2. Ridley
3. Geno
4. Olimar
5. Lucario

dont asume it was biased because if it was Geno wouldnt be on there!
and stop complaining about the # of characters. at least it isnt the same as melee! im only expecting 30 - 35

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Just curious, but what is the probability orders basis? How did you come around with that without it being biased? You have to have some sort of reasoning behind it.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
Just curious, but what is the probability orders basis? How did you come around with that without it being biased? You have to have some sort of reasoning behind it.
that comes from all leaks and from popularity(popularity does not overcome leaks) of course Ridley and Geno were hard to decide

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok. I was just curious. Never know when someone may have information that you do not know about yet.
Well, for one, Krystal already has a confirmed voice actress, so she has the highest chance

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I actually like Geno over Ridley, but I believe that Ridley does have a better chance.

Yeah, I knew that about Krystal. I never really played a game with her in it, but she looks promising.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
I actually like Geno over Ridley, but I believe that Ridley does have a better chance.

Yeah, I knew that about Krystal. I never really played a game with her in it, but she looks promising.
i like Ridley over Geno thats why they are the only ones i was worried about.

and Krystal is a cool character! lol

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
i like Ridley over Geno thats why they are the only ones i was worried about.

and Krystal is a cool character! lol
Yeah, but maybe both will get in. Then it may end the tension between the Geno Alliance and R.I.D.L.E.Y. And I think I may go and rent the Star Fox Adventures so that I can learn a little more about Krystal.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
It could be for an Assist Trophy or even an event, like how Falco and Peppy and Slippy had VAs in SSBM.
possibly but would Nintendo contact her to tell her to take an assist trophy off her website or a cut scene?
and something else that could point to her being a PC is that the voices of the characters she plays in Brawl came up on the same day as Dedede's update on the Dojo, which was moved back a week because of Sonic's ETU. maybe? but it could be false hope...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It could be for an Assist Trophy or even an event, like how Falco and Peppy and Slippy had VAs in SSBM.
The thing is that Krystal is quite popular and likely to get in the final roster even without the VA thingy.

The 4 most likely characters I'm seeing are Krystal, Ridley, Olimar and Takamaru.

The thing is that Krystal is quite popular and likely to get in the final roster even without the VA thingy.

The 4 most likely characters I'm seeing are Krystal, Ridley, Olimar and Takamaru.
That doesn't change the fact that the VA being in doesn't change her situation for the better or worse.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord

wait who is takamaru? well maybe thats why he isnt up there! lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I don't think Takamaru is one of the most likely, probably likely but not the most likely

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Takamaru is one of the most likely, probably likely but not the most likely
The reason I say this is because it all goes back to the poll. In order, the characters who haven;t been added are in this order

Geno
Krystal
Ridley
Olimar
WW Link
Takamaru

WW Link I don't see happening. I think Sakurai thought those were funny and commented on them. I don't seem him adding WW Link, especially since it's just Link. Geno is a more tricky situation. Since he is technically 3rd party, it could go many ways. I could see him being playable, and I could see the final roster Genoless.

After these guys it gets a bit blurred, and Issac is the only other character I see getting in as playable with having less then a 2.

Lucario got a 1 at most. Chances are he's probably a pokeball.

Top Bottom