• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ultimate Life Form ~ Shadow the Hedgehog for Smash Ultimate! (Maria...)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Given that Shadow and Skull Kid are my most and only wanted, and both have very real chances of being revealed tomorrow, I'm beyond hyped

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
Good luck people, hopefully this thread will chaos control to the playable characters section.

Last edited:

hposter

Smash Apprentice
aight.
aight. guys.
if shadow gets revealed, can we do a lyric chain of all hail shadow?
just askin.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
While I'm hoping to see Shadow tomorrow, keep your expectations tempered!
No character has a 100% guarantee to be in Smush. Even if there is tons of circumstantial evidence as in Shadows case.
For all we know, there might not even be a Smash segment.

Either way, if we don't see Shadow tomorrow try not to panic, it'd be far from a death-sentence for his chances.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
For all we know, there might not even be a Smash segment.
I strongly doubt that. We will absolutely get Smash related news, as this upcoming direct will focus on upcoming 3ds and Switch games. Smash is basically Nintendo's biggest game for the year, and they'd want to remind everyone that it's coming, and maintain the hype train. The game goes gold in a little over a month from now. Now is the time to reveal info.

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I strongly doubt that. We will absolutely get Smash related news, as this upcoming direct will focus on upcoming 3ds and Switch games. Smash is basically Nintendo's biggest game for the year, and they'd want to remind everyone that it's coming, and maintain the hype train. The game goes gold in a little over a month from now. Now is the time to reveal info.
At first I thought it would be online functions of the switch only but as soon as they brought up 3ds titles I realized it is going to be a typical direct which means 100% guarantee of smash bros content, it's not like this is a mario kart direct guys, it's a plain and simple direct.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
hopefully the only smash part of the direct will be "one last thing" part they usually do when it comes to smash
so no assist trophy massacre

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I'm kind of on the fence we'll get a newcomer in the direct. They may be wanting to focus on other things and Sakurai has been pretty lengthy and detailed on his directs with Smash. I'm not sure we'll get a mini thing on Smash as he may be wanting to do these longer and more detailed ones.

hopefully the only smash part of the direct will be "one last thing" part they usually do when it comes to smash
so no assist trophy massacre
If we don't get the Pokemon newcomer (s?) though, I'd at least want to see some more Pokeball massacre stuff going on. Would love to at least get it narrowed down more. Where's the Gen 7 starters? Tapu Koko? Gardevoir? Buzzwole? Too many options left still!

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Got my vote in. I'm surprised that Shadow is beating Dixie by a decent amount.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I'd be surprised if Shadow lost to Dixie. Dixie deserves to be in and I'm shocked she wasn't in Smash sooner. However, Shadow is easily more popular, and if this poll was posted somewhere outside of where nintendo fans gather (especially smash fans), I bet Shadow would absolutely demolish Dixie.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I mean, it could also be partly that some Dixie fans are still holding out that she's not an echo and not quite vote for her in a strictly Echo Fighter poll that way.

Meanwhile echo fighters is like literally the only path Shadow can get in Smash at all.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Well, it look like we going to have wait a bit longer for the Direct, due to earthquake causing to delaying it. My heart goes out to those who were affected by this tragedy.

On the bright side, I'm going to throw some support to you guys, and here is an picture of Shadow and various potential newcomers fighting each other.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I mean, it could also be partly that some Dixie fans are still holding out that she's not an echo and not quite vote for her in a strictly Echo Fighter poll that way.

Meanwhile echo fighters is like literally the only path Shadow can get in Smash at all.
He could be a semi, NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Shadow's not my first choice for a Sonic character but I recognize that my other choices aren't going to happen ( Robotnik would probably just be a boss, and Amy's too much of a B-lister ), but Shadow has the best chances imo and i'm still very much a fan of Sonic Adventure 2 ( and if I can confess I actually love the whole Sonic Gamecube library, those were my favorite years to be a Sonic fan what with Adventure 1+2, Heroes, ShTH, the GBA games, and the two compilation discs ) So I'm definitely a supporter for Shadow.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I mean, Marth has a semi in Roy, and both of them also have Echoes, so...
Sonic just is far from being in Fire Emblem's position though being 3rd party, heh.

The best case scenario for Sonic fans that wouldn't mind both Tails and Shadow in Ultimate is Shadow as an echo and Tails as a semi that either gets announced together in an Sonic-themed newcomer trailer or they're a character pack in DLC under similar circumstances. There's also possibly Shadow being in the base game and Tails being DLC later. But who knows. I feel like I should just brace for Sonic being alone again or just getting Shadow as an echo fighter and they feel that's enough for Sonic.

Which being Tails is my favorite Sonic character and should be next in-line should they expand beyond echoes for Sonic. Will kinda be a disappointment for me. (It wouldn't detract from the entire game for me, but I'll still feel at least a little sad on the Sonic side of things if we get echo Shadow and no playable Tails) Though I'll fully understand if Sakurai doesn't want to expand past echoes for 3rd party franchise reps. I just really want to see that old EGM April Fools joke of playable Sonic and Tails (Also who wouldn't love Mario & Luigi Vs. Sonic & Tails in team battles?) come into fruition now that Richter has shown 3rd party franchises can get more then one character. Don't care if Richter's an echo, they still probably had to license him in some fashion. And "3rd party franchises can have more then one character, but they have to be echoes" is just a kneejerk goalpost move after Richter's inclusion.

I think both Tails and Shadow would also appeal to both really big sides of the Sonic fanbase. Shadow for the modern/SA2 and onward fans, and Tails for the more classic/SA1 and earlier side of things. I'm still keeping expectations in check. But we have a pretty good amount of 3rd party content already, I feel like it's not something to be completely counted out yet that we could get both by the time Ultimate's character adding days (That is, including DLC) are over.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Shadow gets in and doesn’t make a reference to “the damn 4th chaos emerald” or “disgusting black creatures”...minus the black of course...I will be sad

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Shadow gets in and doesn’t make a reference to “the damn 4th chaos emerald” or “disgusting black creatures”...minus the black of course...I will be sad
To be perfectly honest, the only references I see happening to the Shadow video game is music.

I'd expect more Sonic Adventure 2 references. Live & Learn (Or maybe the Supporting Me remix from Forces) being used for his trailer, and maybe do something in gameplay that does it's best to re-enact the iconic "pass eachother in front of the moon" from the game's intro.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be perfectly honest, the only references I see happening to the Shadow video game is music.

I'd expect more Sonic Adventure 2 references. Live & Learn (Or maybe the Supporting Me remix from Forces) being used for his trailer, and maybe do something in gameplay that does it's best to re-enact the iconic "pass eachother in front of the moon" from the game's intro.
That’s probably gonna be the case, but it would be beautiful

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
even if he was removed from an assist trophy and not in the game completely would be very hard to handle

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
you never heard that saying? hard to handle? hard to deal with? maybe to clear things up, it would be difficult to accept.
I know what you mean, I’m just asking why it’d be hard to handle something that won’t happen...for Shadow at the least (no way would he be kicked out of Smash with the easiest possibility in making him playable is available)

...now Amy on the other hand...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I know what you mean, I’m just asking why it’d be hard to handle something that won’t happen...for Shadow at the least (no way would he be kicked out of Smash with the easiest possibility in making him playable is available)
Unless he's being saved as possible DLC when Echoes start getting added then? :V

I do think the Echo Fighters are being received well enough that there will be DLC of them as well. And unlike Richter, Shadow would definitely have people wanting to pay for him. (I assume Echo Fighters would be cheaper then regular fighters at least though)

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I wouldn't be opposed to Echo Fighters DLC packs for pure fanservice, honestly. I would almost certainly buy into it.

Though I would prefer Shadow to be base game, of course.

zerkerxror

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0748-3830-6765
Switch FC
SW-7051-3659-4513

...now Amy on the other hand...
Try imagining all those people that want/are expecting Bandana waddle dee or Isaac to be in the game, you think they will find it easy for them not to be in the game considering their chances are pretty good like with Shadow?
Of course he'll find it hard to handle, especially with Shadow's chances of him being in the game really good.
And are you suggesting Amy should be in Smash if Shadow doesn't make the cut?

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I wouldn't be opposed to Echo Fighters DLC packs for pure fanservice, honestly. I would almost certainly buy into it.

Though I would prefer Shadow to be base game, of course.
I personally think Shadow will be base game - purely because Sonic has been the third party most represented (in 3 games) and warrants an echo fighter - if Simon gets one with Richter, Sonic deserves at least one.

As for DLC Echo fighters, I think they should either release one with a new fighter (be it an echo of an existing character or the new one) or release a pack of echo fighters, to make the paywall more appealing.

Hopefully Shadow gets an announcement tomorrrow, with some new music - how about a Radical Highway remix?

RC-3197

Smash Apprentice
I hope this thread gets moved to the playable character section tomorrow!
Also shadow won the echo fighter tourney on reddit, hopefully it's a sign of good things to come!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And are you suggesting Amy should be in Smash if Shadow doesn't make the cut?
I wouldn’t suggest Amy getting in before Shadow/Tails/Eggman/Knuckles, that would be silly (not saying I wouldn’t accept though)
Unless he's being saved as possible DLC when Echoes start getting added then? :V

I do think the Echo Fighters are being received well enough that there will be DLC of them as well. And unlike Richter, Shadow would definitely have people wanting to pay for him. (I assume Echo Fighters would be cheaper then regular fighters at least though)
If he were to be saved for DLC to be made as a unique or echo fighter then I would accept that, but a playable echo fighter in the base game would be just as hype (and I wouldn’t be shocked if he had a price compared to someone like Richter, whom many didn’t recognize or know...including people who don’t play Castlevania like me)

Top Bottom