• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Brawl Character Select Screen - No more Nominations. VOICE YOUR OPINIONS

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
Why are ice climbers and mr game and watch on the select screen they suck.
Lucario and midna should be on there. Check my sig for more.

NukeA6

Smash Master
That's a very good lineup and like the fact that you left question marks. I would be satisfied if this what I see in the real game.

Though, I do doubt we'll see Mr. Game and Watch. I hope he isn't cuz he's unique. It's the Ice Climbers who should go (and if they stay, that's fine).

No doubt, best custom character select screen I've ever seen.

BTW, I nominate Ike.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I nominate Sami from Advance Wars. Also...

It's 64 characters, and haven't removed Pichu(Dr Mario's the only one removed) since adding Pulseman in makes him a bit redundant(Thinking about removing Pichu to make space for either Team Rocket, or Dr Wright), but it's very accurate.
Did anyone else notice the picture for Little Mac? Hilarious and that is 64, but at least 2 of those can't be taken seriously (Miyamoto?)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
My opinion?

Umm, well, I want...

King Dedede
Stafy
Sukapon
Takamaru
Deoxys
Waluigi

And that's all I can think of right now.

powerchord89

Smash Rookie
vote geno!!!

i think he'll be cool, and alot of fun. Also, i think dedede will be perfect for this game. He can use his hammer and his inhale attack, adn didnt he have bombs or something?

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
All I want is the Ice Climbers, and I would be happy. I really hope that Brawl has a LOT of characters, they better just add on.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I want to nominate Banjo-Kazooie (probably goin to be a puzzlo as symbol)

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
I want to nominate Tom Nook, he's my favorite to get in, and his moveset is not as impossible as people think. He's alot easier to base off of then people like Capt. Falcon or Fox. And also Nook used to be undefeated in a fight club before he went to the animal crossing village. So who says he can't fight in brawl?

B: item stock: Nook pulls out either a Net, Shovel or Axe, theese can be used as standard A attacks
with Net being the weakest, Shovel being in tthe middle and Axe the strongest.You can also drop these as well, great for team battles.
Damage count:
Net regular: 4%
Net smash: 14%
Shovel regular: 7%
Shovel smash: 16%
Axe regular: 10%
Axe smash: 20%
---------------------------------------
B smash: pit pocket:
Basically Nook claws at you,and tries to grab bells from you, if far away this will only do damage, if diret It will manage to take health from the opponent and give it to Nook.
Non- direct: 8-12%
Direct: restores 5-10%
Damage:10-14%
-------------------------------------------
B down: Furniture sale:
Nook pulls a furniture leaf/bell bag/present/ from his pockets.the furniture and presents Can be used as projectiles.You throw the leaf and it turns into furniture.The bigger the furniture, the more the Damage.
Damage:5-20%
Rarity:70%
Presents can be used as projectiles but once they hit something, an super smash bors Item appears from them. like a pokeball/bomb-omb/beam sword/ food/ect
Damage:2-8%
rarity: 10%
Bells Can be used to heal Nook abit, but beware if you throw it at an enemy, it will restore them.
restores:4-10%
-------------------------------------------------
B up: Baloon Lift:
Nook pulls out 3 Baloons from his pocket and blow them up sending him high in the air, not much damage but a great recovery
Damage:2-7%
--------------------------------------------------
Brawl Move: New house:
Nook will summon a brand new house from the terrain on the field. Then he will drop it on about half of the field.
Damage: (I don't know how much damage these do so I cant base anything yet.)
Specials: Fishing Hook:
If Nook is falling off the field, he can pull out a trusy fishing rod, and try to grapphle his way back with it, It's fishing line is pretty long too, it's the longest grapphle in the game.(Also used for throws and stuff)
Stats:
Nook Is kinda old, so he's packed on a few pounds, so he's abit of a heavy weight, not a big one though, probably the lightest heavy weigh in the games so he'd be abit above average.
---
Nook is pretty fast, he can catch up to you quicky in the store right? So he'd be a decent runner, about as fast as Marth.
---
Nook used to be a fighter so he could have been pretty strong, but he's kinda old now, but he's about average in attack and Defense.
---
This is his main weakness, He's kinda heavy so he's not the greates jumper mind you not the worst though, he just abit under average for that.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I want to nominate Tom Nook, he's my favorite to get in, and his moveset is not as impossible as people think. He's alot easier to base off of then people like Capt. Falcon or Fox. And also Nook used to be undefeated in a fight club before he went to the animal crossing village. So who says he can't fight in brawl?

B: item stock: Nook pulls out either a Net, Shovel or Axe, theese can be used as standard A attacks
with Net being the weakest, Shovel being in tthe middle and Axe the strongest.You can also drop these as well, great for team battles.
Damage count:
Net regular: 4%
Net smash: 14%
Shovel regular: 7%
Shovel smash: 16%
Axe regular: 10%
Axe smash: 20%
---------------------------------------
B smash: pit pocket:
Basically Nook claws at you,and tries to grab bells from you, if far away this will only do damage, if diret It will manage to take health from the opponent and give it to Nook.
Non- direct: 8-12%
Direct: restores 5-10%
Damage:10-14%
-------------------------------------------
B down: Furniture sale:
Nook pulls a furniture leaf/bell bag/present/ from his pockets.the furniture and presents Can be used as projectiles.You throw the leaf and it turns into furniture.The bigger the furniture, the more the Damage.
Damage:5-20%
Rarity:70%
Presents can be used as projectiles but once they hit something, an super smash bors Item appears from them. like a pokeball/bomb-omb/beam sword/ food/ect
Damage:2-8%
rarity: 10%
Bells Can be used to heal Nook abit, but beware if you throw it at an enemy, it will restore them.
restores:4-10%
-------------------------------------------------
B up: Baloon Lift:
Nook pulls out 3 Baloons from his pocket and blow them up sending him high in the air, not much damage but a great recovery
Damage:2-7%
Brawl Move: New house:
Nook will summon a brand new house from the terrain on the field. Then he will drop it on about half of the field.
Damage: (I don't know how much damage these do so I cant base anything yet.)
Specials: Fishing Hook:
If Nook is falling off the field, he can pull out a trusy fishing rod, and try to grapphle his way back with it, It's fishing line is pretty long too, it's the longest grapphle in the game.(Also used for throws and stuff)
Stats:
Nook Is kinda old, so he's packed on a few pounds, so he's abit of a heavy weight, not a big one though, probably the lightest heavy weigh in the games so he'd be abit above average.
---
Nook is pretty fast, he can catch up to you quicky in the store right? So he'd be a decent runner, about as fast as Marth.
---
Nook used to be a fighter so he could have been pretty strong, but he's kinda old now, but he's about average in attack and Defense.
---
This is his main weakness, He's kinda heavy so he's not the greates jumper mind you not the worst though, he just abit under average for that.
You sir, disgust me.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
And what sir, makes Olimar any better, he's only had two games. Animal crossing has had three games so far and a fourth one coming soon, plus a movie. It's more popular and definately deserves a spot in the franchise. Not saying Olimar doesn't as well. Becuase I want him in as well, but think before you insult a character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
original mega man end of discussion
^^^^=agrred 100%. Anyways, time for my list, here we go!

1.WW Link: I'm not JUST someone who wants him for Brawl, I'm someone who's in a cult following that wants him for Brawl!

2.Megaman: the official pwner of n00bs! (or blue bomber!)

3.Wolf: Edgy and cocky to the end=that is why we love him.

4.King Dedede: Doubt him and die!

5.Dixie Kong: My third fav Kong (behind Diddy and DK himself), who could have some of the most insane combos, and smooth moves.

6.Dark Samus: Awsome moves, awsome tactics.

7.Deoxys: My fav non-1st or 2nd gen Pokemon, who clearly deserves a spot in Brawl for uniqueness.

8.Crono: Serioulsy just admit Crono would own! Chrono Trigger has a cult following (much like Super Mario RPG), and like SMRPG people who usually hate RPGs love this game! Why not have a cult classic like Crono=???

9.Balloon Fight: Would be the most original characer since G&W and IC!

10.Lucario: Intresting Pokemon, and the most desired Pokemon for Brawl, PERIOD!

Runner-ups!

Paper Mario: Creative and cool=awsome!

Blazekein: He'd be cool I guess, but I'd rather have Deoxys or Lucario.

And many others (especially if they're on my sig and I forgot them=ya). Aynways, those are my thoughts on who I think should be in Brawl.

Edit: I edited the list because I remebered a lot of the characters whoI had on made it on the list already on the first page character selection. :grin: :laugh: Blue Bomber has my originaly list below! ;)

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
^^^^=agrred 100%. Anyways, time for my list, here we go!

1.WW Link: I'm not JUST someone who wants him for Brawl, I'm someone who's in a cult following that wants him for Brawl!

2.Megaman: the official pwner of n00bs! (or blue bomber!)

3.Diddy Kong: If you are against him, don't look behind you! ;) :laugh:

4.Wolf: Edgy and cocky to the end=that is why we love him.

5.Krystal: Beat the life out of people with her staff!

6.King Dedede: Doubt him and die!

7.Ridley: Who doesn't want to play as a dragon=???

8.Dixie Kong: My third fav Kong (behind Diddy and DK himself), who could have some of the most insane combos, and smooth moves.

9.Deoxys: My fav non-1st or 2nd gen Pokemon, who clearly deserves a spot in Brawl for uniqueness.

10.Dark Samus: Awsome moves, awsome tactics.

Runner-ups:

Geno: Why not=??? He has a cult following, is one of the most wanted characters, and more importantly than all that I like him! :grin:

Crono: Serioulsy just admit Crono would own! Chrono Trigger has a cult following (much like Super Mario RPG), and like SMRPG people who usually hate RPGs love this game! Why not have a cult classic like Crono=???

Balloon Fight: Would be the most original characer since G&W and IC!

Lucario: Most desired Pokemon for Brawl, by far.

Blazekein: He'd be cool I guess, but I'd rather have Deoxys or Lucario.

And many others (especially if they're on my sig and I forgot them=ya). Aynways, those are my thoughts on who I think should be in Brawl.
I'll second this entire list JK1!!!

Blackadder

Smash Master
I don't get it!
WHY do n00bs want Tom nook?
I mean...it just wouldent work?
Its like saying "Lets put a red pikmin in the game, and while were at it, a koopa, a goomba, and hell, why not kirbys left arm too?"
Call me skeptic if you wish, its just what i feel.
PS: Also Capt. olimar would suck too.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't get it!
Its like saying "Lets put a red pikmin in the game, and while were at it, a koopa, a goomba, and hell, why not kirbys left arm too?"
It isn't all n00bs, it's many of our fellow SSB fanatics. I guess people want Tom Nook in Brawl is because they want a rep for one of their fav series=Animal Crossing (though Miis are a better choice). Plus using shovels, axes, fishing rods, andnets for weapons/throwing would be neat. He could be like Fox=never fought hand to hand before, and then *bam* owns everyone. Idk, I PERSONALLY don't want him, but I sorta see why people would want him. If he made it, I wouldn't care.

Olimar is a intresting character, and could be more original than the two characters who I think are the most original (G&W & IC). If you want pure originality, Olimar is the way to go.

Anyways, forgot Miis on my runner-up list. I gotta use that Rocky Balboa Mii eventually! :grin: :laugh: :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow, these char select screens look awesome. ;-; but there's one thing missing. somebody strap bogmire into one of those character select squares, lol

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
I don't get it!
#1 Just because I want Tom Nook in doesn't make me anyless of a nOOB then you are.

#2 Your argument sucks Donkey genitals, Tom Nook could be incorperated into brawl just like fox or Captin Faclon was, and look at them now they're high tier material.

#3 I can point out Nook can have basis for being in a fighting game, since he can used the various tools in the game, and had basis that he was undefeated in a fighting arena before he moved to the animal crossing village.

#4 I hate this the most, when people don't like a person to be in brawl they suggest a list of even worse characters. That makes you look childish and gives you no sense of an imagination( aslo Kirby's in brawl so that must mean Kirby's left arm is in too, wowzers you were right o.o)

#5 If you can say characters like Nook or Olimar suck because you can't see them fighting, then you have abosoluetly zero imagination, FYI becuase you can't think they can be in brawl doesn't mean the developers won't put them in, look back at Fox and Capt. Falcon, they didn't have any moveset potential at all, infact, Nook would probably be easier to make up a moveset for him instead of Fox or Capt. Falcon. An everyday fan like me made one, and it's not compleletly ********, infact i've been complemented on it many times for it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You sir, disgust me.
Eat you face.

I think theblackblaze did a good job, besides a lot of spelling errors, but Tom Nook is a great addition to Brawl imo. Just as theblackblaze mentioned before, Animal Crossing is a great game and was released on the N64, GC and the DS, with it's next one coming on the Wii, and even an upcoming movie! It deserves a representative, and since the actual characters of AC are so varied, Tom Nook is the perfect candidate. However, quality is better than quantity , and I also support Capt. Olimar for his own spot in Brawl, two games or not. Look at Pit, he was only in one game years ago. But it was one heck of a good game. amiright.

So basically, Tom Nook and Captain Olimar are both really different and original and the two would be great additions to Brawl. :^)

However,i doubt Megaman would appear in Brawl, seriously. But honestly, i could be wrong.

slisenberg

Smash Cadet
Tom Nook is not a poor choice. :(

Olimar and nook are popular and have good potential moveset and would be quite fun to use. olimar has a slightly stronger base, though.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
~sigh~ i love debates...

At first, i hated the idea of Tom Nook for Brawl. I couldnt understand what people saw in him. I liked the AC game (for a while) i thought i was likely for a character to appear from the franchise. At first i thought of the villager (the person you play as) but s/he is to general or variable and would.....well....suck. The other villagers would be dumb as well since their names vary and there are no distinguishable characters- besides Tom Nook.

I still didnt like him since all the movesets ive seen were very...uhh...whats the word......gay. Then i came here i saw TheBlackblaze's moveset and it wasnt half bad.

Long story short, im no longer against Mr. Nook. He has a small fanbase but very good ties with Nintendo- which is never bad.
Yet, honestly, i could care less if Tom Nook didnt make it. Its a "whatever" for me....

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Tom Nook is one of those few "good" and original Nintendo characters who deserve a spot more then a lot of the characters that have been suggested. While most people debate about the inclusion of unoriginal characters from third parties such as Bomberman and Megaman and object against such original characters like Capt. Olimar and Tom Nook. I feel we should focus more on the characters fully owned by Nintendo. Smash, of course, is for Nintendo "all-stars", as mentioned in melee, and including Snake was pushing it in my opinion. Because of his inclusion, a lot of people began suggesting characters like Nightmare and Cloud. I mean jeez.
However, there are plenty of third party characters i feel have earned a spot in Brawl, like Geno and Sonic.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I nominate the following:

Megaman
Bass
X
Zero
Wolf
Krystal
Ridley

The rest of the people I would nominate are already in there.
my point exactly.

Hey guys, let's add a bunch of characters from the same third party game :^)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
What point? Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are from the same game. I don't want them in, but oh well. You obviously haven't heard some of the theories that go around.

Besides, these are nominations of any character within the guidelines. All of mine qualify, so there is no room for argument.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Besides, these are nominations of any character within the guidelines. All of mine qualify, so there is no room for argument.
nice ownage, he knows not all of them will get in, but he can nominate whoever the hell he wants

btw nice nominations as well

Top Bottom